The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #226
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

I both love and hate the internment camp idea all at the same time. I love it, because it seems like a great story idea and will provide some great scenes, but I hate to think of Rogue being imprisoned. Like, her life isn't tragic enough, now they've got to pile on whatever horrors have been visited upon her while imprisoned. It makes sense she seems a little distant and emotionally 'cold' in the trailer. Poor thing is probably suffering a terrible case of PTSD (or at least she should be, if they want to keep the writing realistic)...and then to be broken out of said prison by her (maybe?) ex and someone who tried to kill her, so she can go save the ex(?)'s new girlfriend and the guy she once had an awkward teenage crush on...oy. I'd be like, "Yeah...I think I'll just stay in my cell, thanks."

Then again, maybe this is the experience that pushes her into the strong Rogue character that we all want to see. So many possiblities!

UrbanCougar is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #227
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,678
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

I wonder if Rogue will only have been more recently captured though. I have a hard time believing that Wolverine would allow her to be in that position for any extended period of time without trying to break her out. They have a strong connection in the previous films. He wouldn't abandon her like that.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #228
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
I both love and hate the internment camp idea all at the same time. I love it, because it seems like a great story idea and will provide some great scenes, but I hate to think of Rogue being imprisoned. Like, her life isn't tragic enough, now they've got to pile on whatever horrors have been visited upon her while imprisoned. It makes sense she seems a little distant and emotionally 'cold' in the trailer. Poor thing is probably suffering a terrible case of PTSD (or at least she should be, if they want to keep the writing realistic)...and then to be broken out of said prison by her (maybe?) ex and someone who tried to kill her, so she can go save the ex(?)'s new girlfriend and the guy she once had an awkward teenage crush on...oy. I'd be like, "Yeah...I think I'll just stay in my cell, thanks."

Then again, maybe this is the experience that pushes her into the strong Rogue character that we all want to see. So many possiblities!
You'd expect the mutants probably are very mistreated in the camp. They'd be treated like animals, and treated cruelly by the guards. They were in the comics and cartoons. Rogue always have been a tragic figure in the movie's. So it's not surprising she'd be one of the characters who has suffered the worst in this timeline.

Rogue would have to be affected by her experiences. It could explain why she looks cold in the clip. I agree her getting rescued by her (probable) ex and the guy who tried to kill her, who she hates, so she can go and bail out her ex's (probable) girlfriend will be awkward. But once she hears it's to help Logan and mutant kind she'd agree. And realistically it will have toughened her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I wonder if Rogue will only have been more recently captured though. I have a hard time believing that Wolverine would allow her to be in that position for any extended period of time without trying to break her out. They have a strong connection in the previous films. He wouldn't abandon her like that.
That's why I think she wasn't just recently captured, at least not to the others knowledge. Wolverine wouldn't go back in time if he knew that Rogue was sitting in a cell. He'd rescue her first. So I don't think he knows she's been captured. They may have lost contact with her a long time ago or believed her to be elsewhere.

The Vulture spoilers said Rogue had to be tracked down. That would imply the team have no clue where she is. And as the rest of what they said is starting to look true or is confirmed as true, then this part probably is as well.

Rogue potentially could have been there a while. And they don't find out until Professor X tracks her with Cerebro. Otherwise I find it hard to believe her rescue wouldn't be the first priority in the movie.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #229
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
...and then to be broken out of said prison by her (maybe?) ex and someone who tried to kill her, so she can go save the ex(?)'s new girlfriend and the guy she once had an awkward teenage crush on...oy. I'd be like, "Yeah...I think I'll just stay in my cell, thanks."
Lord. I hope none of that subtext is in the film--save for some sort of meaningful moment between her and Iceman.

Super Film is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #230
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Lord. I hope none of that subtext is in the film--save for some sort of meaningful moment between her and Iceman.
Some of the subtext is inevitable. They can't and won't just ignore Rogue's past with Iceman and Magneto, it would be weird and stupid if they do. Sure they don't have much time to explore it but they need some acknowledgement of the tension she'd naturally feel around both of them.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #231
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 850
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

I wonder if there will be some individual stuff of rogue in her cell or she has a friend from a mother cell or something? At least like a montage

Mars123 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #232
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
I wonder if there will be some individual stuff of rogue in her cell or she has a friend from a mother cell or something? At least like a montage
It's a possibility. Maybe if we see the camp early in the movie we'll see Rogue as one of the prisoners.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #233
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 850
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

I reckon it could easily work to kind of help explain the circumstance the OT cast are under, what is happening, why the world is against mutants etc....

Mars123 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #234
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Some of the subtext is inevitable. They can't and won't just ignore Rogue's past with Iceman and Magneto, it would be weird and stupid if they do. Sure they don't have much time to explore it but they need some acknowledgement of the tension she'd naturally feel around both of them.
I was more referencing the unnecessary high-school drama about Shadowcat and Wolverine that UrbanCougar was suggesting. I have no problem acknowledging Magneto & Iceman being the perpetrators of her breakout and her relationship to the two of them.

Super Film is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #235
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
I was more referencing the unnecessary high-school drama about Shadowcat and Wolverine that UrbanCougar was suggesting. I have no problem acknowledging Magneto & Iceman being the perpetrators of her breakout and her relationship to the two of them.
The trailer itself suggests there will be tension between Rogue and Iceman/Kitty. That tension probably will exist, it's natural that it would if Bobby is now with Kitty.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #236
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
I reckon it could easily work to kind of help explain the circumstance the OT cast are under, what is happening, why the world is against mutants etc....
It would be strange if they don't actually show us in montage Sentinels, the internment camp and maybe graves otherwise the audience won't understand what is going on at first.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #237
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Nowhere does it suggest that Rogue would have any qualms about saving Wolverine and/or Shadowcat. Tension or not, I'm not interested in some "*gasp* She's with my ex-boyfriend, what do I do?" nonsense. It's not suggested in the trailer that she will be wrestling with some moral quandary. Some posters are only interested in using Rogue as a vehicle for their own fantasies about older men and the women who slight them. No thanks, not interested.

If we're to believe rumor,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Shadowcat will be out of commission, so Rogue won't be witnessing those two embracing, or staring into each other's eyes until after she saves the day.

Super Film is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #238
jaymes_e06
TRINITY
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,409
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Me too. Looks great. Looks classic. It's the same few characters from the forum that bring the hair up.
Because we are like tots into that. :invisible hair flip:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Holy s***, Jennifer Lawrence. How many f***ing nude pictures do you have? Every new fappening, there's like 30 more pictures.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #239
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 850
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It would be strange if they don't actually show us in montage Sentinels, the internment camp and maybe graves otherwise the audience won't understand what is going on at first.
Quite a few of the GA seemed a bit confused so the context will really help, for everyone really.

Mars123 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #240
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Nowhere does it suggest that Rogue would have any qualms about saving Wolverine and/or Shadowcat. Tension or not, I'm not interested in some "*gasp* She's with my ex-boyfriend, what do I do?" nonsense. It's not suggested in the trailer that she will be wrestling with some moral quandary. Some posters are only interested in using Rogue as a vehicle for their own fantasies about older men and the women who slight them. No thanks, not interested.

If we're to believe rumor,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Shadowcat will be out of commission, so Rogue won't be witnessing those two embracing, or staring into each other's eyes until after she saves the day.
She's still bound to have tension with Iceman and Magneto. And she might not be very happy to see them. People aren't saying that's happening for sure, they are speculating.

As for Kitty, it said she can't finish the plan it never said she wasn't conscious. We don't know why she can't (if the spoiler is true). And we don't know Rogue's exact role in things.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #241
xDOFPx
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Quite a few of the GA seemed a bit confused so the context will really help, for everyone really.
There's no way the GA would understand the teaser unless they already knew the DOFP plot. The teaser didn't really provide any details. It was confusing for any non-fans.

xDOFPx is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #242
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
She's still bound to have tension with Iceman and Magneto. And she might not be very happy to see them. People aren't saying that's happening for sure, they are speculating.
Absolutely, I agree. That would make very VERY interesting character interactions. Between the three of them. Knowing their history.

I'll just repeat that I was responding more so to a suggestion, speculation, call-it-what-you-will, that Rogue will be flung onto an emotional precipice because she's got to save her maybe-ex's, maybe-girlfriend.

I'm excited to see her step up to the plate to save Wolverine, who has saved her before. But let's not inject/suggest the fan-fiction drama that the Rogue boards are so very good at.

Super Film is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #243
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
There's no way the GA would understand the teaser unless they already knew the DOFP plot. The teaser didn't really provide any details. It was confusing for any non-fans.
You think so? There are those absolutes again.

The dialogue in the trailer paired with flashing between timelines makes it clear enough to know the future is in peril, and something needs to be done to correct this--sending Wolverine back in time--where amending the past brings peril and action and drama.

Super Film is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #244
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 754
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

I think Rogue will be on assignment (ala HOMELAND's Carrie/Saul plan) and being imprisoned maybe something she was carried out to fulfill (retrieve information). Remember in Singerverse, it was implied Rogue was Xavier's right hand. It wouldn't be a stretch for Xavier to send her to a prison camp for reasons. It's not like many mutants could actually do harm to her physically (Wolverine learned that the hard way) .

I believe things go terribly wrong as Kitty loses control of her powers and Wolverine in the process. Apocolypse or the Sentinels are on the rise as mutants are slaughtered. Magneto and Bobby are sent to retrieve Rogue from the prison so that she could save Wolverine.

Iceman and Rogue are no longer an item and haven't been together for quite some time. Iceman and Kitty are officially been together since post-TLS. Rogue harbors no grudges against either one of them but is not necessarily a fan of either. This is what makes her Jailbreak so bittersweet. She also injures herself during the jailbreak but is healed when she brings Wolverine's conciousness back.


IMO, a great twist would be while Rogue utilizes Kitty's power actually phases herself to the past. Would keep the connection between the two casts going. Wolverine during the first pass (DOFP) then Rogue during the sequel (Sequel to DOFP).

Illuminata is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #245
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 499
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
I think Rogue will be on assignment (ala HOMELAND's Carrie/Saul plan) and being imprisoned maybe something she was carried out to fulfill (retrieve information).
Just like how she was on assignment in X3--infiltrating Magneto's camp. Nothing to indicate that.

Quote:
Remember in Singerverse, it was implied Rogue was Xavier's right hand. It wouldn't be a stretch for Xavier to send her to a prison camp for reasons. It's not like many mutants could actually do harm to her physically..


I suppose the reason you say this is because...

Rogue handed the president a file in X2?

Super Film is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #246
brazilian_boy
Side-Kick
 
brazilian_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,811
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Just like how she was on assignment in X3--infiltrating Magneto's camp. Nothing to indicate that.
LOL, good old days when the spoilers to X3 indicated that she would defend the mansion against an attack of the brotherhood and infiltrate Magneto's camp... if only!

__________________
"swing it, shake it, move it, make it!"
brazilian_boy is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #247
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 754
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Just a theory... not saying ANY of that would come to fruition lol

Illuminata is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #248
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,678
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
I think Rogue will be on assignment (ala HOMELAND's Carrie/Saul plan) and being imprisoned maybe something she was carried out to fulfill (retrieve information).
That also brings to mind the fact that Rogue can absorb memories as well as powers. Maybe she isn't being broken out because they want her to absorb Kitty's powers, but because she might have information she's learned at the camp that they need to pass along to the past.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #249
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 754
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2


Illuminata is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #250
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 35,424
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Different styled gifs for our consumption. Thinking Anna looks great once again as Rogue!



And with those shots, we've got confirmation that she's wearing that same tan suit, likely a prison uniform with how plain it is, in all the scenes we've gotten from her so far and not the much rumored green one. Also, the speculation in the past of her face being partially transformed is likely just a lighting issue, as Bobby's face has the same shade. There's likely a light coming up from the floor, and they're both straddling something solid that the light can't pass through, causing the shadow on their faces.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.