Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #526
xrs13
Cold as ice

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Hugh Jackman said Halle was on wires. She will be in flight at some point.
when was this said??

Old 10-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #527
brazilian_boy
Side-Kick

^^I remember he briefly talking about it in a interview too, something like "I mean, she was on wires man" but I can't remember where....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidxMikexMcfly View Post
I think Blink is also outside of the Temple defending it from Sentinels too.
Probably with Warpath, Sunspot and Bishop too....

Old 10-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #528
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilian_boy View Post
^^Maybe, but I was thinking about that quick shot of someone with the uniform running and getting ready to punch during an explosion, it looked like a sleeveless uniform, so I'm thinking Colossus is outside too with Storm. It would make a lot of sense since I think they are both the most powerfull and Magneto would be inside as a last defense?
Interesting theory. For the X-Men, Storm is by far the most powerful mutant as a defense against Sentinels--mainly because she can cause massive destruction on a hugely wide scale. It's make more sense to have her and Magneto on guard outside because they can end an attack from afar before it even begins.

Granted, Colossus is strong, but for him to be able to really do damage against a Sentinel he'd have to get right up on it...which makes me wonder if the robots themselves are really super tall (as in taller than buildings) or just "super-human" goliath sized.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #529
Lightning Strykez!

By the way, Storm's hair is a racheted mess. I actually think it looks f***ed up on purpose: it appears she's been cutting it herself and it shows just how bad things have gotten for the X-Men: Desperate times call for desperate measures.

They are in hiding, in prison and underground and they don't have the time to be "cute" and manicured. Gone are the days of X1, X2 and X3 where they live in polished get-ups, big ass mansions, cool jets, and hot technology. I wasn't thrilled with the hairstyle they opted for Halle Berry in this film when I first saw the leaked photo months ago, but now I'm 100% fine with it because I think it's a look that they are using to communicate a certain theme and tone.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #530
storman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post

Halle is looking wild--in all the right ways.

Guys, Don't You think She's flying on that scene? I do think so.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #531
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilian_boy View Post
^^I remember he briefly talking about it in a interview too, something like "I mean, she was on wires man" but I can't remember where....

Probably with Warpath, Sunspot and Bishop too....

Yeah definitely I hope she flies

Old 10-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #532
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
By the way, Storm's hair is a racheted mess. I actually think it looks f***ed up on purpose: it appears she's been cutting it herself and it shows just how bad things have gotten for the X-Men: Desperate times call for desperate measures.

They are in hiding, in prison and underground and they don't have the time to be "cute" and manicured. Gone are the days of X1, X2 and X3 where they live in polished get-ups, big ass mansions, cool jets, and hot technology. I wasn't thrilled with the hairstyle they opted for Halle Berry in this film when I first saw the leaked photo months ago, but now I'm 100% fine with it because I think it's a look that they are using to communicate a certain theme and tone.

I think Storms hair should've been long for this movie

Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 PM   #533
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:

THIS! Pause the trailer at 43 seconds in: They all look tired from the fighting. But You can see on Storm's face that she is battle weary. Empire Magazine has an article up now with Bryan Singer going through the trailer. He calls Storm, for the movieverse, "She’s one of the last surviving X-Men in this post-apocalyptic world". I think the future scenes will be a bit sad to watch for us folk who have been with the series since they started. But I can't wait, I think Storm will have her moment.

Last edited by PoSeiDon; 10-30-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #534
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
Singer really liked his blues in the first two X-films (a little too much for my personal taste), so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a lot of that palette.
The blue colorization is much better than the orange-yellow colorization. There's just vintage/old feel with the orange-yellow and I don't like it especially for the future scenes.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #535
kasjan
Side-Kick

The temple can be so high, or maybe she's really fying in this scene. Looks behind because Sentinels are coming.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #536
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

She's not flying. Not enough wind.

:o
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #537
TheGoddess
Banned User

Old 10-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #538
TheGoddess
Banned User

I hope he X-men F4 movieverse cross one day

lol

Storm and Victor FTW

Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #539
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by storman View Post
Guys, Don't You think She's flying on that scene? I do think so.
No I don't think she is flying, she is not moving.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #540
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

^I think people are forgetting how Storm flies. she summons enough wind to lift her. That is way her cape is important to help her glide. No wind ergo no flight.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #541
Angamb
Banned User

but we can see some movement on her arms that now that I looked at the gif more carefully, actually suggested me she could be flying/levitating.

I guess not all the shots of her in the air will be done the same way, and since Halle might actually be on the floor (being pregnant) Singer could play a bit with her movement with the arms and with the camera too.

maybe she isnt high from the floor, so thats why there isnt wild at all. At the end, Singer could shot her flying sequences in many different ways, so its all possible, I think

Old 10-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #542
brazilian_boy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Interesting theory. For the X-Men, Storm is by far the most powerful mutant as a defense against Sentinels--mainly because she can cause massive destruction on a hugely wide scale. It's make more sense to have her and Magneto on guard outside because they can end an attack from afar before it even begins.

Granted, Colossus is strong, but for him to be able to really do damage against a Sentinel he'd have to get right up on it...which makes me wonder if the robots themselves are really super tall (as in taller than buildings) or just "super-human" goliath sized.
I think they may be really tall, and he's just running punching their legs, so they would be falling and getting broken? With the Empire Magazine quotes of Brian, he said that this is Collossus and he's still deciding if he's going to be metaled up on this particulary shot or just a bit after.

I think it would be Storm doing everything she can to keep the sentinels far away, but as they aproach, the others (Colosus, Blink, Warpath, Sunspot ) have to take action too. Remember, Magneto should be in his 90's by now, altough he is powerfull, I don't think they would put him first in the front line...

Old 10-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #543
xrs13
Cold as ice

Remember "In chess the pawns go first" hehe

Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #544
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique'sbooty View Post
I hope he X-men F4 movieverse cross one day
Same here! It could be epic if done right!

www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #545
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
No I don't think she is flying, she is not moving.
Perhaps, perhaps not. If she's created a vortex to hoist herself up in mid-air (in keeping with the way her powers were portrayed in X3), her clothes, hair, etc., wouldn't be blowing around a whole lot at all. Remember, air is still at the center of tornadoes and hurricanes.

Just a thought.

That being said, I don't think she's off the ground in those particular shots. The birds eye view clearly shows the ground directly beneath her. The second scene where she's looking back tells me only one thing: She's about to be destroyed and she knows it. If the placement and flashes of lightning on Logan's face in the prior shot are in the same sequence, she could be looking back at him...and he's acknowledging there's nothing he can do to save her.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:04 AM   #546
JP
Smelly

I do love the way her cape is moving in that gif. It looked so bulky in the first Singer twitter shot, and I'm glad to see it's not.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #547
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
THIS! Pause the trailer at 43 seconds in: They all look tired from the fighting. But You can see on Storm's face that she is battle weary. Empire Magazine has an article up now with Bryan Singer going through the trailer. He calls Storm, for the movieverse, "She’s one of the last surviving X-Men in this post-apocalyptic world". I think the future scenes will be a bit sad to watch for us folk who have been with the series since they started. But I can't wait, I think Storm will have her moment.
The article also mentioned She along with Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier were spearheading this mission. I do wonder how Storm comes to play in this mission besides fighting sentinels. The others all quite clearly have a role to play. Wolverine going to the past Xavier and Kitty sending him to the past, Iceman and Magneto rescuing Rogue and of course Rogue possibly bringing wolverine back or what ever her secret role is. I'm not too sure how Storm truly fits in but she must have some sort of role if she's at the spearhead. I wonder if her role somehow links to the shocking revelation the Halle was talking about.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 10-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #548
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
but we can see some movement on her arms that now that I looked at the gif more carefully, actually suggested me she could be flying/levitating.

I guess not all the shots of her in the air will be done the same way, and since Halle might actually be on the floor (being pregnant) Singer could play a bit with her movement with the arms and with the camera too.

maybe she isnt high from the floor, so thats why there isnt wild at all. At the end, Singer could shot her flying sequences in many different ways, so its all possible, I think
I doubt that. Bryan made a lot of wind when he made her fly for about (o.5 sec) in X1 so I doubt that will be the case. I'm not sure what being pregnant would mean to her not being able to have wind around her. :/

Old 10-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #549
Crimz
Side-Kick

Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #550
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I wonder what happened to Jubilee.