The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
Just one more
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvels biggest slap in the face!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Eh, that's always going to happen, apparently. The people who hate the Mandarin Twist are always going to hate the Mandarin Twist, and we can rationalize and disprove them point by point, but they're *still* always going to hate the Mandarin Twist.
I wasn't aware you could disprove someone's opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
The problem isn't that it's not "accurate" to the comics, the problem is the deceptive marketing, trailer, advertising etc.
Look I personally despise the twist myself, however I think you are incorrect in saying the marketing was deceptive. Plenty of movies have enormous twists which seemingly contradict their trailers (Fight Club, Sixth Sense are examples). I think the major problem with it in the case of Iron Man 3 is that we go from thinking of Ben Kingsley as this vicious, menacing Mandarin character to seeing him as a very poorly written extremely exaggerated joke in the matter of a few seconds. I think if the twist had been handled in a more serious manner I would be able to accept it as a good thing. Why couldn't they have portrayed Trevor as someone who was scared of those around him, only obeying Killian because of fear and then being fearful of Tony Stark as well. The constant jokes, and I mean constant were just tiresome and ended up just pissing me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
It wasn't just a twist, it was a gag. The audience believing in this sort of super-terrorist was a big gag, there was nothing at the end of that anticipation but a punchline.
This sums it up perfectly

Just one more is offline   Reply With Quote