The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #676
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,591
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

I'd be shocked we got another trailer before the new year.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #677
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

So how does everyone feel that the future aspect of the film is more or less just 30% of the story, according to Singer that is?

To be honest, I was rather hoping for the apocalyptic future to be covered a lot more than what Singer had just revealed, but I'll definitely have to wait and see on how it all ends up in the end.

But, if the future isn't really showed much in the actual film, then does that mean that we really won't get to see the Sentinels as much, unless they're fully functioning in the past as well?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #678
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,157
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So how does everyone feel that the future aspect of the film is more or less just 30% of the story, according to Singer that is?

To be honest, I was rather hoping for the apocalyptic future to be covered a lot more than what Singer had just revealed, but I'll definitely have to wait and see on how it all ends up in the end.

But, if the future isn't really showed much in the actual film, then does that mean that we really won't get to see the Sentinels as much, unless they're fully functioning in the past as well?
They are.

JP is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #679
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
They are.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Well, I guess that solves the mystery on what kind of physical threat the past Mutants will have to deal with.

Still, if the future portion isn't that long in the film, then I guess we won't be seeing as much of the Future (original) X-Men team.

I'm still wondering on how they expect that the entire X-Men Future Continuity won't be changed as a result of the Past professor X reading Wolverine's mind considering that by reading his mind, he'll learn everything that's to come in the future, which by that notion, he should be able to avoid everything that goes wrong in the first three x-men films.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #680
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm still wondering on how they expect that the entire X-Men Future Continuity won't be changed as a result of the Past professor X reading Wolverine's mind considering that by reading his mind, he'll learn everything that's to come in the future, which by that notion, he should be able to avoid everything that goes wrong in the first three x-men films.
Well Singer mentioned that it's Mystique assassinating an prominent political figure in the 70's that triggers the dark future, so even if Young Xavier knows what happens in the future if he doesn't stop Mystique it's not going to help much.

SuperT is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #681
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,157
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Well, I guess that solves the mystery on what kind of physical threat the past Mutants will have to deal with.

Still, if the future portion isn't that long in the film, then I guess we won't be seeing as much of the Future (original) X-Men team.

I'm still wondering on how they expect that the entire X-Men Future Continuity won't be changed as a result of the Past professor X reading Wolverine's mind considering that by reading his mind, he'll learn everything that's to come in the future, which by that notion, he should be able to avoid everything that goes wrong in the first three x-men films.
Pretty ideal, don't you think?

JP is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #682
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,596
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm still wondering on how they expect that the entire X-Men Future Continuity won't be changed as a result of the Past professor X reading Wolverine's mind considering that by reading his mind, he'll learn everything that's to come in the future, which by that notion, he should be able to avoid everything that goes wrong in the first three x-men films.
I was speculating earlier on that. I think that very question is going to come up in the film and the future and past Xaviers are going to be split on the matter: with Old!X not wanting to fiddle with things beyond preventing the "war" and Young!X wanting to make changes. I suspect that's what McAvoy's "I don't want your suffering I don't want your future" line was about.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #683
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Well Singer mentioned that it's Mystique assassinating an prominent political figure in the 70's that triggers the dark future, so even if Young Xavier knows what happens in the future if he doesn't stop Mystique it's not going to help much.
I mean...how does it not change what takes place in the first three X-Men films if the Young Xavier finds out about everything in advance?

And I'm still trying to figure out as to why the future Xavier would need the past Xavier to be motivated again considering that in the so called "original timeline", the past version of Xavier found his way back on his own without a future Wolverine coming to his aid.

I remember someone here mentioned a theory on how maybe someone or something actually went back into the past before the events of DOFP and changed something, hence why some things didn't line up in FC with the original X-Men trilogy and that's why things are different in a way, hence the past professor X being on a different road than he should have been at that stage in his life.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #684
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I would have preferred Zimmer's 'time' than the 'Journey to the line' they used here.Something was just a bit off with the music in the trailer to be honest.
Is the trailer music from 'The Thin Red line' or 'Sunshine'? (both sound very similar to me).

Had thought it was from Sunshine on first hearing it. Will have to check them both out properly I guess to be sure (I think they are credited to different composers as well, Zimmer and John Murphy?)

Agreed the 'Time' one worked better. Aptly titled too.

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #685
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
I was speculating earlier on that. I think that very question is going to come up in the film and the future and past Xaviers are going to be split on the matter: with Old!X not wanting to fiddle with things beyond preventing the "war" and Young!X wanting to make changes. I suspect that's what McAvoy's "I don't want your suffering I don't want your future" line was about.
Hmm...I hadn't thought about that. That's a great observation there and makes a lot of sense.

Though that would mean that Magneto, Beast, and Mystique would also need their memories wiped of Logan's existence in order to line up with that as well.

Personally, I can't wait to see on how Wolverine interacts with Michael's Magneto since both of them are such badasses in the X-Men franchise.


On another note, anyone else find it kind of funny that next year would mark the SECOND TIME that Ian's had an X-Men film and an LOTR film come out in the same year, let alone on how both LOTR films (Return of the King and Hobbit 3) are the final chapters of their intended trilogies and how both X Men films were and are directed by Singer?lol

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #686
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I remember someone here mentioned a theory on how maybe someone or something actually went back into the past before the events of DOFP and changed something, hence why some things didn't line up in FC with the original X-Men trilogy and that's why things are different in a way, hence the past professor X being on a different road than he should have been at that stage in his life.
I was wondering about this too, today after seeing the trailer. I've never read the DOFP comic, but can someone explain why someone has to go back to 1973 in particular? Why not go back to just after X1 or any other time just before the war began? How do they determine that what happens in 1973 is what starts the ripple effect that brings them to where they are now?

Also, I'm wondering...if Kitty has the ability to send someone back in time, why do they wait until everyone is dead/captured to do it?

UrbanCougar is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #687
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,457
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Well, 1973 was the year that the Paris Peace Accords, which officially ended the US's involvement in the Vietnam War, were signed. Since a big scene in the film takes place in France, it's likely that that's where Mystique makes her move.

Loki882 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #688
Farren
Side Kicker
 
Farren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under Harvey Dent's Desk
Posts: 2,596
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
I was wondering about this too, today after seeing the trailer. I've never read the DOFP comic, but can someone explain why someone has to go back to 1973 in particular? Why not go back to just after X1 or any other time just before the war began? How do they determine that what happens in 1973 is what starts the ripple effect that brings them to where they are now?

Also, I'm wondering...if Kitty has the ability to send someone back in time, why do they wait until everyone is dead/captured to do it?
In the comic Kitty was sent back to stop the assassination of Senator Kelley by The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I believe the logic was that his death led to the clamping down on mutants/use of the sentinels.

That being said, I doubt they're going to play things the same way in the film. So, we don't really know for sure why 1973 in particular.

__________________
C2: Cyclops Fans - United (2006)
I Believe in Aaron Eckhart
Farren is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #689
Robin91939
Master Tim
 
Robin91939's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,651
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

So basically whoever Mystique assassinates in 1973 -- this HAPPENED already when we meet the characters in 2000's X-Men .

What I mean, is -- the whole original trilogy and The Wolverine, for that matter, the character that Mystique killed was already killed. BUT the negative effect that his/her death causes isn't fully felt until 2023.

So basically, there might have been other points that they could have traveled to, to stop the world from becoming lost between 2013-2023, but the genesis of the idea that would ultimately destroy the future was 1973... And if they simply halted the "war" from happening in the years between 2013-2023 it may have just been a bandage on the wound, and it was a necessity to go back to 1973. Maybe to not only truly save the world, but to save Raven's soul as well...


Another thing that will be interesting, is if they show Sir Patrick's Xavier mentioning his affection and love for Raven, now that we know they grew up together. It would be a nice touch to tie the original trilogy more closely to the new films...

-R

__________________
My posts are facts, not opinion. Enjoy.
Robin91939 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #690
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
I was wondering about this too, today after seeing the trailer. I've never read the DOFP comic, but can someone explain why someone has to go back to 1973 in particular? Why not go back to just after X1 or any other time just before the war began? How do they determine that what happens in 1973 is what starts the ripple effect that brings them to where they are now?

Also, I'm wondering...if Kitty has the ability to send someone back in time, why do they wait until everyone is dead/captured to do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Well, 1973 was the year that the Paris Peace Accords, which officially ended the US's involvement in the Vietnam War, were signed. Since a big scene in the film takes place in France, it's likely that that's where Mystique makes her move.
Well that, and I'm thinking that the X-Men in the future thought they could still win the war and didn't think that everyone would get killed off OR they didn't know how to send everyone back until it was too late where nearly everyone else did get killed off.

I'm actually curious if the Elderly Magneto will have some second agenda lying about where he tries to manipulate how things turn out in the past. I'd be surprised if neither the past or present magneto doesn't try to take advantage of the time traveling factor and manipulate the future to their image.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #691
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I mean...how does it not change what takes place in the first three X-Men films if the Young Xavier finds out about everything in advance?

And I'm still trying to figure out as to why the future Xavier would need the past Xavier to be motivated again considering that in the so called "original timeline", the past version of Xavier found his way back on his own without a future Wolverine coming to his aid.

I remember someone here mentioned a theory on how maybe someone or something actually went back into the past before the events of DOFP and changed something, hence why some things didn't line up in FC with the original X-Men trilogy and that's why things are different in a way, hence the past professor X being on a different road than he should have been at that stage in his life.
I've theorised that one here before a while back now, but I suspect others would have too.

My first thought on it all was that the DOFP future was an alternate timeline from the OT, and the required change restores the OT 'status quo' for us (with a few fixes) as best it can. So in effect the traveller (I didn't know it was Wolverine then) actually creates the OT timeline.

I didn't think at first that it had been altered as such by something or someone else first, but after seeing all the Trask viral stuff I am more inclined to think there could have been another hand in the matter.

On that...The Trask timeline takes them up to 2023, and all seems rosey (at least for humans) in that world, but Singers quotes of a 'post apocalyptic' ruined world suggests otherwise...Unless the apocalypse he is referring to all occurs in 2023. If so it's been a brief war, rather than a long haul number (would kinda make sense given the powers at the disposal of both factions).

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #692
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCougar View Post
I was wondering about this too, today after seeing the trailer. I've never read the DOFP comic, but can someone explain why someone has to go back to 1973 in particular? Why not go back to just after X1 or any other time just before the war began? How do they determine that what happens in 1973 is what starts the ripple effect that brings them to where they are now?

Also, I'm wondering...if Kitty has the ability to send someone back in time, why do they wait until everyone is dead/captured to do it?
In the comic book arc, they figure out that the reason the dystopian future starts is because Mystique assassinates Senator Kelly in the past. So they send Kitty Pryde back to convince the past X-Men team to stop Mystique from killing the senator.

It sounds like it's the same thing here - Mystique assassinates a prominent political figure, I'm assuming Trask, and that death is what trippers the terrible future. So Wolvie goes back into the past to convince Professor X to stop Mystique so they can change the future.

SuperT is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #693
Antihero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 316
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

My friend has posted the trailer on Whatsapp group.This hasn't happened ever before.So I am sure the GA is quite interested in DOFP

Antihero is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #694
Legion
Side-Kick
 
Legion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,039
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Yea I think there's something else going on. Magneto and Mystique appear to be at odds. I definitely don't think these events occurred in the original time line. I'm inclined to believe there was another time traveler. Possibly a Sentinel from the future to bring about the rise of the Sentinels earlier than in the original time line.

Someone like Apocalypse giving the technology to Trask and influencing Mystique is also a possibility.

Legion is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #695
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,399
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Plus, unless Singer is in need of a new dictionary when it comes to defining the word as "change", something's gotta give for the future that Wolverine returns back to.

I mean, it can't just be the future where everything is normal and that the only thing different is that the Sentinels are gone and no longer a imminent threat.

So I'm split in between regarding the notion that the Past Xavier ensures that neither he or anyone else from his timeline will remember or know of anything regarding their futures after the threat has been solved and avoided.

The only question is....what else changes and how does it happen?

I wonder if we'll get a ending to this film that's more of a cliffhanger like how they did with Burton's Planet of the Apes, where Wolverine thinks he's returning to a better timeline, only to emerge in one that he did not expect.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #696
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,475
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Yea I think there's something else going on. Magneto and Mystique appear to be at odds. I definitely don't think these events occurred in the original time line. I'm inclined to believe there was another time traveler. Possibly a Sentinel from the future to bring about the rise of the Sentinels earlier than in the original time line.

Someone like Apocalypse giving the technology to Trask and influencing Mystique is also a possibility.
And I think your wrong.too many are trying to make this more complicated than
It needs to be.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #697
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,211
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wonder if we'll get a ending to this film that's more of a cliffhanger like how they did with Burton's Planet of the Apes, where Wolverine thinks he's returning to a better timeline, only to emerge in one that he did not expect.
You won't.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #698
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: chicago,il
Posts: 743
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

This is all very intriguing. I hope some of the theories presented here are true. Maybe, if there is another time traveler, that is what will lead us to the potential sequel to this film or takes us into Xforce.

By the way, I really like the color tones of the future scenes. Their uniforms really stand out in that bluish hued background.

PoSeiDon is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #699
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,022
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
So basically whoever Mystique assassinates in 1973 -- this HAPPENED already when we meet the characters in 2000's X-Men .

What I mean, is -- the whole original trilogy and The Wolverine, for that matter, the character that Mystique killed was already killed. BUT the negative effect that his/her death causes isn't fully felt until 2023.

So basically, there might have been other points that they could have traveled to, to stop the world from becoming lost between 2013-2023, but the genesis of the idea that would ultimately destroy the future was 1973... And if they simply halted the "war" from happening in the years between 2013-2023 it may have just been a bandage on the wound, and it was a necessity to go back to 1973. Maybe to not only truly save the world, but to save Raven's soul as well...


Another thing that will be interesting, is if they show Sir Patrick's Xavier mentioning his affection and love for Raven, now that we know they grew up together. It would be a nice touch to tie the original trilogy more closely to the new films...

-R
We don't know yet, but if that is the case (her killing someone important did occur for the OT timeline) then stopping her should have dramatic effects for the future timeline post 1973. Pretty much all of the events in the previous films excluding First Class could have been erased by this change. All previous bets are off and a sort of soft reboot ensues?

Maybe...The time travel shennanigans for this one have me wondering a number of things as to how it might play out and make sense with the OT films. They could go with the 'Butterfly Effect' (major changes snowballing as the years go by) or they might go with 'course correction' (time repairing itself as best it can).

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #700
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,475
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

You people pushing for erasing most of films In franchise are justasking for the first class VS OT fights again.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.