The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #426
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Default Re: ** TEASER TRAILER Thread - Countdown: Tuesday 29! [First snippet!]

The SDCC footage was only intended to be seen by people who attended that event, was it not? It was leaked and in poor quality, so I'm not gonna call them lazy for releasing a better quality version of something that probably wasn't intended to be seen until now. Disappointed we didn't see more action-y stuff, but whatever. The trailer was strong nonetheless and served it's purpose.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 AM   #427
Silvermoth
Avenger

I feel sorry for singer because he already told people they're still working on the effects but because it's very character driven it's created a bit of a meh response on the internet.

I can definitely see the bones of a great movie though!

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #428
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I didn't notice he was punching through the air in that scene or whatever he's trying to hit there. Hopefully he's facing a Sentinel!t
i think that's what it is…i reread the original story and there is a scene where
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the sentinels kill Storm and he goes crazy and knocks a sentinel several blocks away

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #429
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I didn't notice he was punching through the air in that scene or whatever he's trying to hit there. Hopefully he's facing a Sentinel!t
Hopefully! I cant imagine it being anything else. I think The Sentinels will be attacking the temple while Logan is back in 1973 and the remaining X-Men as well as Bishop, etc will be fighting them outside, trying to stop the Sentinels interrupting what they are trying to do.

The way Storm ominously looks back during what looks like the same scene/setting suggest that she dies defending the temple from the Sentinels .

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #430
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

I liked the trailer but I don't think it was a wise decision to release it. Some will have already made their mind up that this is a non-action film and will probably not be seeing it. Better to release a similar tone trailer later but with a minute of full-blown action at the end to appeal to all camps.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #431
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I feel sorry for singer because he already told people they're still working on the effects but because it's very character driven it's created a bit of a meh response on the internet.
I feel the genre has changed, people who don't want story and character, they want...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Wow. So you must hate Marvel Studios, too. Feige has already been quite clear that Age of Ultron will not have anything to do with the comic storyline...they're just borrowing the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
None of the Marvel movies follow the comics to the letter so why is it bad for Fox?

Blade • X-MenSpider-ManBlade 2X-Men 2HULKSpider-Man 2Iron ManX-Men First ClassThorCaptain America: The First AvengerThe Amazing Spider-ManThe Wolverine
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #432
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

This teaser trailer hasn't had much of a response online because most of us fans have already seen the leaked SDCC footage, and partly because it doesn't have much wow, fizz and bang.

I'm seeing Thor 2 at the weekend (never made it to the numerous press screenings), so I will be interested to see mainstream audience reaction to the teaser then (if it does indeed screen before this movie).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #433
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I can definitely see the bones of a great movie though!
You know, I haven't experienced a "meh" reaction from people--I've already seen two friends on Facebook posting up the "X-men" trailer with exclamation points throughout the posts.

I've never once seen my group of friends, who are a mix of sci-fi geeks and non-geeks, post up ANY trailers to any movie, and that's twice in one day. And most of the YouTube comments seem to either people really excited or really curious about the movie.

I think we might be living in a bubble here, on a fan-oriented site. Just sayin'.

While Charles Xavier is building his school, the Brotherhood has plans of its own—to build a mutant army. And soon, Magneto will discover there’s only one person who can build it for them…Charles.

Click Here to Read.
Nerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #434
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
I think we might be living in a bubble here, on a fan-oriented site. Just sayin'.
We are absolutely living in a bubble. Not just on this site but across the entire online fanboy community.

We almost always seem to think that the reactions we see across our community on the net are an exact correlation to the reaction the general public will have when that couldn't be any further from the truth.

The fanboy community makes up a measly percentage of the actual viewing audience for this stuff.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #435
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
You know, I haven't experienced a "meh" reaction from people--I've already seen two friends on Facebook posting up the "X-men" trailer with exclamation points throughout the posts.

I've never once seen my group of friends, who are a mix of sci-fi geeks and non-geeks, post up ANY trailers to any movie, and that's twice in one day. And most of the YouTube comments seem to either people really excited or really curious about the movie.

Someone I work with came in this morning and said he "must have watched that trailer at least 20 times" last night. He was in awe. Keep in mind, he's a huge X-Men fan.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #436
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
We are absolutely living in a bubble. Not just on this site but across the entire online fanboy community.

We almost always seem to think that the reactions we see across our community on the net are an exact correlation to the reaction the general public will have when that couldn't be any further from the truth.

The fanboy community makes up a measly percentage of the actual viewing audience for this stuff.
Exactly. You can tell from this trailer that it won't work on a certain section of fans even if fans like it (unfortunately). Anyways the next trailer might be the one that knocks it out the park and wows all different kinds of viewers. This same trailer with action shots of all the X-Men for a minute or so at the end would do that so it can easily be done.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #437
JP
Flame On

The reaction from everyone else is pretty positive. Just look at the likes it has on youtube.

45,837 likes, only 757 dislikes.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #438
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I'm still seeing it getting called dull etc by the average Joe on the net. It's not all positive by a long shot. It's a mixed response. There definitely are people who thinks it's great, but there are others who don't. It's not universally liked.

And I still don't think Singer or FOX thought it would be. If they were going out to truly make sure it wowed people it would have had action in it. They will go all out in the proper trailer. This is just a rough (and it is rough) teaser to inform the GA that a special X-Men movie is coming. It was just about saying 'look who's back. It's both casts!'. It wasn't about really showcasing the story, characters or how big it will be.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 10-30-2013 at 01:45 PM.
xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #439
JP
Flame On

Nothing in this world is universally liked, so I fail to see your point.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #440
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Nothing in this world is universally liked, so I fail to see your point.
Some of you are acting like it's a massive success and I'm pointing out that's not the reality. It's a mixed response from the GA from what I am seeing online. And I'm not talking about any kind of fan or comic book sites.

It's doing what it needed to do get the message out there's a special X-Men movie coming. I do see the GA public talking about that, but not all saying the trailer was great. It's not getting people to fever pitch yet. The final trailer I'm sure will be geared to do that. Money shots are needed to get the GA racing to the cinema when the time comes.

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #441
georgec
Not a hero

You gotta save the money shots for the upcoming trailers.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #442
Storm22
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsrD2yIArec

Love the trailer but this shows how powerful it is with Time as the soundtrack.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #443
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

I thought it was a mediocre trailer. It had way too many shots of mutants (some of whom looked like cosplayers) just standing around. Then there's the fact that it's hinted that something bad is being prevented but we aren't shown what. Couldn't we have had a glimpse of a Sentinel? Normally I wouldn't be so hard on a teaser but this was over two minutes long.

Then there's the fact that it's basically just a reshowing of the Comic Con trailer. Yeah, it was my own fault for spoiling myself by watching it early but that was a while ago. Fox has had plenty of time to put together new footage. I don't know why they didn't since they must have been aware that nerds all over the world had already seen the leaked trailer and wouldn't be impressed with a rehash.

I haven't been wild about any of Singer's X-Men movies and nothing about this teaser convinced me to feel differently bout DOFP. Still hoping it turns out well because I love the FC cast.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #444
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It's a mixed response from the GA from what I am seeing online.
And all I'm saying is that looking at the actual response to the trailer that's not true. By actual response I mean going by the facts that we have. The video was posted on youtube, and the funny thing about youtube is that you can clearly see what the reaction to something is.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #445
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Some of you are acting like it's a massive success and I'm pointing out that's not the reality. It's a mixed response from the GA from what I am seeing online. And I'm not talking about any kind of fan or comic book sites.

It's doing what it needed to do get the message out there's a special X-Men movie coming. I do see the GA public talking about that, but not all saying the trailer was great. It's not getting people to fever pitch yet. The final trailer I'm sure will be geared to do that. Money shots are needed to get the GA racing to the cinema when the time comes.
Yep. I haven't been monitoring the GP's reactions but even if they think this teaser is complete **** it doesn't matter. We're still very early in the marketing phase. I won't worry about the public's opinion of this movie until after the final trailer.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #446
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

One question about this picture:http://oi44.tinypic.com/2rzqdkl.jpg

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #447
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
One question about this picture:

We're kidding, right?

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #448
georgec
Not a hero

Lol

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #449
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

See larger image

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2rzqdkl.jpg

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #450
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I thought it was a mediocre trailer. It had way too many shots of mutants (some of whom looked like cosplayers) just standing around. Then there's the fact that it's hinted that something bad is being prevented but we aren't shown what. Couldn't we have had a glimpse of a Sentinel? Normally I wouldn't be so hard on a teaser but this was over two minutes long.

Then there's the fact that it's basically just a reshowing of the Comic Con trailer. Yeah, it was my own fault for spoiling myself by watching it early but that was a while ago. Fox has had plenty of time to put together new footage. I don't know why they didn't since they must have been aware that nerds all over the world had already seen the leaked trailer and wouldn't be impressed with a rehash.

I haven't been wild about any of Singer's X-Men movies and nothing about this teaser convinced me to feel differently bout DOFP. Still hoping it turns out well because I love the FC cast.
Yes, part of the 'problem' is that most of us (X-Men fans, superhero movie enthusiasts, internet nerds) did already see the footage leaked from SDCC.

Then, almost four months later, the same footage is released - just with different music - as the new teaser. It would surely have been easy to end with a shot of a Sentinel with its eyes lighting up; they had Sentinel heads back at SDCC so there must be practical models that could have been used for a scene lasting a second.

Of course, the mainstream viewer outside the geek bubble won't be as jaded about this teaser. To them, it will seem more fresh.

I'm seeing various reactions online. Some fans wanting to know why Blink is Chinese or why the character is even in this, some groaning about Wolverine being central to the story yet again, some wondering how Kitty now has time travel powers. Lots of questions and lots of curiosity, which is a good thing at this point. But they do need to make sure there is some spectacle and wow in the next footage that's unveiled; it's not enough to rest on past glories and nostalgia (of the previous X-Men movies).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote