The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 10-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #51
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: X4:Apocalypse

Would love to see next movie, early 80's in Egypt.
X-Men try to stop Amahl Farouk, who cares Apocalypse temple.
Xavier recruit Storm.
Xavier vs Shadow King astral fight.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #52
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmm as much as I want to see Apocalypse, I think they should do a build-up movie for him first, before appearing full-time. Kinda like what Marvel is doing with Thanos and what Sony is doing with the Green Goblin.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #53
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, would make his presence even larger.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #54
Antihero
Side-Kick

Wolverine's time travelling in DOFP should be used to reboot the entire X-Men.So basically First Class is chronologically the first X-Men movie and X-Men 1,2 and 3 didn't happen.The alternate timeline should be used and we get new movies with not repeating the mistakes of the original movies.

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #55
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Wolverine's time travelling in DOFP should be used to reboot the entire X-Men.So basically First Class is chronologically the first X-Men movie and X-Men 1,2 and 3 didn't happen.The alternate timeline should be used and we get new movies with not repeating the mistakes of the original movies.
Or Fox could do like Universal has done with the Fast and Furious Franchise. Make First Class the first movie and then have X Men 1,2 and 3 happen, but later in the X-Men timeline. Throw both Wolverine films and DOFP in there as well.

The Fast and Furious Franchise goes in order like this timeline wise:

1. The Fast and the Furious (2001)
2. 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
3. Fast and Furious (2009)
4. Fast Five (2011)
5. Fast and Furious 6 (2013)
6. Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift (2003)
7. Fast and Furious 7 (2014)

So the X-Men franchise should be structured in a similar fashion.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #56
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Its justnot a very good move. The mainstream viewers were not even that supportive to the spin-off films and now when there's excitement for a X-Men movie mainly because of the reunion factor. You want to ditch the OT cast to a less-appealing cast, remove X-Men 1, 2, 3 from continuity, start-over in the past and reintroduce characters. Its gonna be a bigger mistake than the continuity errors of the X-Men movies.

If there's a lukewarm response to the reboot of Spider-Man, how about X-Men, when they wipe-out the most familiar characters of the series. Bad bad idea.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 10-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #57
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I say go with just one more X-Men using the characters and actors we have now. Age of Apocalypse would be perfect and they could, once again, use both casts. It may come off a bit "been there, done that"; but the difference is the future is totally different since it's the Age of Apocalypse.

In the past it would be really cool to see young Xavier sacrifice himself to save Mags. Yes, that means a very limited use of old Xavier, but still enough to throw him on the poster. The future changes and most of the movie goes between what is happening in the Age of Apocalypse and what needs to be fixed in the past. The story is different enough to DOFP, but it is still a timeline movie, but oh well.

After that our aging actors, along with all of the timeline issues, etc; will need a reboot. But this time they should just start fresh. What I mean by that is just go with the real first class of Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman and Marvel Girl. This would be 5-6 years from now, so people will be ready for the reboot.

But this time, do it right. No using secondary characters that shouldn't even be there. Simply start with the fist class of 5 X-Men and have a couple of movies adding some (Havok and Polaris for example). Have them in a flick where Xavier has to recruit new mutants from around the world to save his X-Men. This would be the "New X-Men" with Wolverine, Storm, Banshee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Sunfire and Thunderbird (hey, someone has to die...).

In other words, reboot with the 616 universe that we all love and would love to see on screen!

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #58
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Who should play Apocalypse?

I would say Christopher Lee should voice him but... I'm not sure he'll make it that long.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #59
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Here's what I'd do.

X-Force (2016) - Stryfe as the villain along with the Dark Riders working for Apocalypse
X-Factor - Sinister as the villain trying to stop Apocalypse by harvesting mutants' DNA to build an army of super soldiers
Uncanny X-Men - X-Tinction Agenda storyline with Cameron Hodge as the villain running mutant death camps in Genosha. Hodge's pure hatred pushes Apocalypse over the edge to the point where he declares war on humanity
Crossover - A mixture of Endgame, The Twelve and Apocalypse Solution.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #60
krycek
Side-Kick

Whoever plays Apocalypse should have a unique voice. They nailed it in the 90s animated series and the X-Men Evolutions one wasn't too bad either. I hate how generic the X-Men Legends one was though. He sounded like any other run of the mill bad guy. Nothing memorable about it at all.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #61
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I always thought Bill Duke from X3 was supposed to be Apocalypse hiding in plain sight. I mean...until the end of the movie. But they could still do that. Easy fix: President calls him Secretary Trask once right? So have him be playing a guy who influenced Trask Industries after Bolivar died or something and the President sarcastically called him "Secretary Trask here" as a jab. Come DOFP and he helped initiate the Sentinels or whatever. That's probably too over the top but I think he fits the role.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #62
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
Whoever plays Apocalypse should have a unique voice. They nailed it in the 90s animated series and the X-Men Evolutions one wasn't too bad either. I hate how generic the X-Men Legends one was though. He sounded like any other run of the mill bad guy. Nothing memorable about it at all.
I think whoever actor they hired for Apocalypse, they are gonna do some audio work with the voice.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #63
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Given the scale of DOFP I think Apocalypse is the next obvious villain for the X-Men franchise, if done right it could be incredible.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #64
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well, they could do Mr. Sinister first.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #65
krycek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well, they could do Mr. Sinister first.
Definitely. Sinister has always worked best when he's portrayed as a major player which is why he needs a film as the main antagonist. Introducing Apocalypse first runs the risk of Sinister being thrown in as merely another henchmen like so many other villains have been in the past.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #66
I_AM_APOCALYPSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Will we see his name in a banner in the next three/four years?

Lets see what happens after DOFP and at ComicCon
You guys are speaking my language! Should have joined this sooner!

Support my NEW screenplay, X-MEN ALPHA: AGE OF APOCALYPSE!

http://instagram.com/age_of_apocalypse_movie

There's teasers and I also address some question people may have! Check it out!

I_AM_APOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #67
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I have recently become convinced that what they should do is end DOFP with the future changed and Wolverine waking in the Age of Apocalypse. Then there are two movies for the whole AOA story to take place.

If they don't make AOA caused by the actions of DOFP, then when they finally do do AOA it's just one more timeline movie that comes off as been there, done that.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #68
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I don't think they're just going to go straight into AOA after DOFP, I don't think it would be smart. There's needs to be some groundwork laid for Apocalypse first before we get any of this otherwise it's all meaningless.

I'd be more than fine with them introducing Mr. Sinister first in the next movie and potentially using Stryfe as the villain in an X-Force movie first that leads up to an AOA style movie.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #69
I_AM_APOCALYPSE

I don't care if people think it should be made next, or 5 years down the road. All I care about is that when it gets made(which it inevitably will) that it's DONE RIGHT! So we can all finally have a movie that does a story we all love justice!

I would think that ideology would resonate within you fellow fans. Which is why I ask you ALL to support my screenplay.

It could work immediately after DoFP without coming off been there done that for a few reasons:

1. It shows how dangerous the MUTANT THREAT can be without proper measures to stop someone like Apocalypse. Just as DoFP exhibits the danger of unchecked fear and prejudice towards mutants.

2. Since they decided to tackle something as big as "time-travel" then obviously they're going to realize how much time-travel exists already throughout the X-Men comics( I.E. Pretty much Cables entire existence haha) so that means they'll have to be open to the idea again down the road, for say, someone like Stryfe.

3. Though I can't go into specifics exactly, but with how I use Apocalypse in MY overall plan for the other films. AoA is the best way to lay down ground work for Apocalypse, to show immediately how dangerous and powerful he is so when he appears after the "fixed" timeline there is no question about trying to stop him, they have to, because we all know what happens if he wins.

Or it can wait, doesn't matter. That's the beauty of time travel, it can happen whenever.

I know everyone is uncertain one way or another about topics regarding the X-Men film franchise,I don't blame you all. What they have delivered on-screen never instilled confidence to the fans for the next film. THATS WHAT I WANT TO FIX. More than timelines and chronicling a catalog of familiar stories I want to first instill CONFIDENCE a back into the franchise! So when the fans hear I'm writing a Phoenix Saga or X-Cutioner's song fans aren't immediately shaking their head wondering how bad it's going to be compared to the original story.

Please help me start writing good stories FOR ALL OF YOU to enjoy on screen.

http://instagram.com/age_of_apocalypse_movie

Old 11-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #70
kasjan
Side-Kick

Stryfe/Selene for X-Force.
Shadow King for FC3 called X-Men: Desert Storm.
Sinister for X-Factor or X-Men: Mutant Massacre.
Apocalypse should have cameos in those movies, but as main villain he should be later in final, X-Men: Apocalypse.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #71
I_AM_APOCALYPSE

I think it's too soon for them to use Stryfe, since Stryfe wants to destroy Apocalypse just as bad as Cable.