Mars123
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - Part 14

No bloody crystals,

Old 10-30-2013, 04:14 AM   #727
Bren
Forevernoob

Maybe the assassin kills the wrong person at Trask Industries. Maybe Trask has a brother they agree to be the media figurehead for the company who is originally assassinated which makes Bolivar Trask properly hate mutants and lead his developments directly at them.

Xavier sends Wolverine back to stop the assassination attempt completely, young Xavier agrees but young Erik just wants to then assassinate the CORRECT guy.

Speculation.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #728
Antihero
Side-Kick

^Not a bad idea

Old 10-30-2013, 04:53 AM   #729
Antihero
Side-Kick

Maybe Fox should try to reboot the franchise in a manner no one has ever created before.Wolverine time-travelling will create an alternate future for Fassbender's Magento and James's Xavier.

So that will mean the events in X-Men 1,2 and 3 never took place.Magento will be played by Fassbender,Xavier by James and Mystique by Lawrence.Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen can retire with dignity.Fox can annouce they have rebooted the entire X-Men in a way no one has ever done.We can have new movies and the mistakes of the older movies can be rectified.

Wolverine's memory would be affected by the Weapon X Programme.Magneto's memory of DOFP events would be wiped out by Xavier.Xavier has seen the apocalyptic future and thus decides to build a team known as X-Men to protect the interests of both mutants and humans

Last edited by Antihero; 10-30-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #730
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I'm pretty sure there's a 10-year gap between the events of The Wolverine and the future parts of DoFP.

Says who?
Says history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Let them erase Origins.And bring back Cyclops and Jean Grey.

I want a proper two part Phoenix Saga movie involving Shiar Empire
They won't be erasing Origins. If you want to "erase" it, you're free to never watch it again.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #731
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Over at youtube

Likes-4,853
Dislikes-662

It's at postive reaction over there.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #732
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
Fox can annouce they have rebooted the entire X-Men in a way no one has ever done.
Besides the Star Trek franchise, you mean?

Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #733
OsGom
Mind-Taker

A decade ago I was a staunch defender of Singer’s vision for the Xmen franchise because I recognized the challenges of adapting the source material from comic books into a coherent theatrical interpretation. Certainly I didn’t agree with the casting of a 6ft pretty boy as Wolverine and some of his choices in direction were questionable but overall I enjoyed Singer’s films.
However, following the cinematic travesty that was X3 and its blasphemous handling of one of the greatest Xmen story arcs, the Dark Phoenix Saga, along with a Wolverine: Origins that was weak at best, I am naturally disillusioned.
I understand that Singer didn’t helm either film but they were still reflections of his original vision. First Class was a positive step forward that was quickly erased by The Wolverine.
Now we have another classic Xmen storyline on that is clearly being adapted as another Wolverine-centric film, sacrificing the importance of other, just as interesting Xmen. I like the Wolverine character, but he has been overused in the Singer franchise.
The Xmen has always been a team of strong characters and Singer’s choice to focus on this character almost exclusively has soured me on his vision. One of the things that I appreciated most about First Class was Wolverine was only in it for his 10 second cameo.
Days of Future Past appears to me to be headed in the direction of another X3. I’ll check it out when it hits DVD but I’m going to pass on seeing it in the theater.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #734
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
A decade ago I was a staunch defender of Singerís vision for the Xmen franchise because I recognized the challenges of adapting the source material from comic books into a coherent theatrical interpretation. Certainly I didnít agree with the casting of a 6ft pretty boy as Wolverine and some of his choices in direction were questionable but overall I enjoyed Singerís films.
However, following the cinematic travesty that was X3 and its blasphemous handling of one of the greatest Xmen story arcs, the Dark Phoenix Saga, along with a Wolverine: Origins that was weak at best, I am naturally disillusioned.
I understand that Singer didnít helm either film but they were still reflections of his original vision. First Class was a positive step forward that was quickly erased by The Wolverine.
Now we have another classic Xmen storyline on that is clearly being adapted as another Wolverine-centric film, sacrificing the importance of other, just as interesting Xmen. I like the Wolverine character, but he has been overused in the Singer franchise.
The Xmen has always been a team of strong characters and Singerís choice to focus on this character almost exclusively has soured me on his vision. One of the things that I appreciated most about First Class was Wolverine was only in it for his 10 second cameo.
Days of Future Past appears to me to be headed in the direction of another X3. Iíll check it out when it hits DVD but Iím going to pass on seeing it in the theater.
Iwill make this simple Bryan SInger is no Brett ratner.This trailer is far superior to anything from last stand.

This Is laregly an Xavier and Magneto story.Wolverine's role Is going on the mission.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #735
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
Besides the Star Trek franchise, you mean?
I was talking about the "big" franchises.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #736
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Um....OK

Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #737
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Says history.

X-Men isn't history.

Quote:
They won't be erasing Origins. If you want to "erase" it, you're free to never watch it again.
Wolverine going into the past at a point where O:W hasn't happened yet does introduce the possibility that its events won't in fact happen, but if the film has indeed been excised from continuity, it was done only because of the parameters of the story Singer is telling with DoFP.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 10-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #738
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
A decade ago I was a staunch defender of Singerís vision for the Xmen franchise because I recognized the challenges of adapting the source material from comic books into a coherent theatrical interpretation. Certainly I didnít agree with the casting of a 6ft pretty boy as Wolverine and some of his choices in direction were questionable but overall I enjoyed Singerís films.
I understand that Singer didnít helm either film but they were still reflections of his original vision. First Class was a positive step forward that was quickly erased by The Wolverine.
The Xmen has always been a team of strong characters and Singerís choice to focus on this character almost exclusively has soured me on his vision. One of the things that I appreciated most about First Class was Wolverine was only in it for his 10 second cameo.
Days of Future Past appears to me to be headed in the direction of another X3. Iíll check it out when it hits DVD but Iím going to pass on seeing it in the theater.
From what I've heard about Singer's original X3 ideas, the film that we got had very VERY little in common with Singer's vision. Singer's vision sounded a lot more like classic Phoenix in term of tone, scope, characterization, etc, except without the alien connections.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #739
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

edit

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 10-30-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #740
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

they can't change to much when it comes to wolverine meeting stryker because they could end up erasing adamantium wolverine all together

logan knows who stryker is after all

Old 10-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #741
Bren
Forevernoob

I wonder if young(er) Wolverine will remember anything of what happens.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #742
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
X-Men isn't history.
But they aren't going to completely make up their own history and have someone who wasn't assassinated in real life be assassinated in the movie.

Just like they didn't have World War 3 actually start from the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Quote:
Wolverine going into the past at a point where O:W hasn't happened yet does introduce the possibility that its events won't in fact happen, but if the film has indeed been excised from continuity, it was done only because of the parameters of the story Singer is telling with DoFP.
I think people are getting way too excited about time travel to a period before any of the other movies, and let their bias against those movies cloud their judgment.

Singer has already come out and said that he's respecting and maintaining continuity. There may be some retconning along the way, and we may even get a completely new timeline. But we're not getting any movies erased from the continuity.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #743
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I don't get it, Wolverine is in Vietnam in 1973, no? That's when they were doing missions together, or at least leading up to it. There is strong debate in terms of when Origins took place, but it's mostly agreed that the early parts are 1973-1975. So unless he kills Stryker on the spot, it is plausible that his brain is restored after he corrects what is meant to be corrected, and then he is brainwashed again and inserted back into the Weapons X program by Stryker. Possible.

But if they start wiping things like the adamantium procedure, the deaths from X3, etc, I think it is fair to say Singer erased the trilogy and The Wolverine.

Last edited by Mr.M; 10-30-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #744
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Anyone who wants an accurate comparison example of how DoFP could - and appears to - work in terms of establishing a new direction for the X-Franchise should take a look at the 9th Mortal Kombat game.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 10-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #745
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Anyone who wants an accurate comparison example of how DoFP could - and appears to - work in terms of establishing a new direction for the X-Franchise should take a look at the 9th Mortal Kombat game.
Correct me if I'm wrong of course, but the 9th MK game although doing time travel to fix the events that took place during the course of the past games, it played out just about exactly like the games did.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #746
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

From what I read on wiki that's what it appears.

That's exactly how the terminator plays out too.Skynet trying to change history ensured the same history.All post terminator 2 films and TV show went with the future was delayed not changed entirely.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #747
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I mean...how does it not change what takes place in the first three X-Men films if the Young Xavier finds out about everything in advance?

And I'm still trying to figure out as to why the future Xavier would need the past Xavier to be motivated again considering that in the so called "original timeline", the past version of Xavier found his way back on his own without a future Wolverine coming to his aid.

I remember someone here mentioned a theory on how maybe someone or something actually went back into the past before the events of DOFP and changed something, hence why some things didn't line up in FC with the original X-Men trilogy and that's why things are different in a way, hence the past professor X being on a different road than he should have been at that stage in his life.
I think the answer may lie in both Xaviers not only communicating telepathically between both worlds, but older Xavier being able to exert his influence on the other in terms of mind control across whatever portal opened by Blink or whomever. McAvoy may have an offer on the table to have everything following the moment of Logan arriving erased from his memory. Sort of like the MIB gaget. McAvoy could be resisting attempts of older Xavier since he will undoubtedly want to change some things.

Of course, older Xavier may still want to change some outcomes and perhaps comes to some kind of accord with McAvoy, agreeing that they will do some things differently, of which could be fleshed out in FC 3.

Last edited by Mr.M; 10-30-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #748
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ That's the point. The events of the previous games - even beyond the period which the 9th game covers - were not by and large changed.

Preventing the assassination of Richard Nixon will only prevent the dystopian 2023 future from happening. It's not going to create a ripple effect where the events of the Trilogy and The Wolverine don't happen, nor will changing the timeline of and circumstances surrounding Wolverine's Adamantiumization.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #749
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

certainly they will **** up all the continuity if they left it unexplained in movies just like they did before .

Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #750
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ That's the point. The events of the previous games - even beyond the period which the 9th game covers - were not by and large changed.

Preventing the assassination of Richard Nixon will only prevent the dystopian 2023 future from happening. It's not going to create a ripple effect where the events of the Trilogy and The Wolverine don't happen, nor will changing the timeline of and circumstances surrounding Wolverine's Adamantiumization.
That's fine by me.

Closed Thread