Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #251
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
You think so? There are those absolutes again.

The dialogue in the trailer paired with flashing between timelines makes it clear enough to know the future is in peril, and something needs to be done to correct this--sending Wolverine back in time--where amending the past brings peril and action and drama.
According to a lot of non-fans around the net they didn't understand what was going on. It was confusing. It had no clear narrative.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #252
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
Well, there we have it. Rogue and Iceman are over. And Rogue is a spoiler. We called it

Old 10-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #253
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Pretty sure that shot of her (as has been suggested by others) is right before she helps out Logan, who's in a trance and has absolutely (eh...eh ) nothing to do with Bobby nor Kitty.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #254
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

It could be exactly what it looks like or it could be something else entirely - including her about to touch Wolverine. It's hard to know what it is for sure other than it's in the temple and Rogue doesn't look happy.

Now we have confirmation Bobby/Kitty are couple there could be a bit of tension from Rogue's end of things. That means it is possibly not an editing trick.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #255
Farren
Side Kicker

I'm sure they'll be some reference/tension to the old Kitty/Bobby/Rogue triangle and the scenes were probably edited together with that in mind, but I agree with EnDz0n3 that she's probably looking at Wolverine/preparing herself than worrying about her old BF.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #256
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

She could actually be about to touch Kitty. Who knows, it's impossible to tell for sure what's she's doing unless she is looking at Bobby/Kitty. We'll have to wait and see.

I wish Singer would give us a little something. If we didn't have the Vulture spoilers which are looking real we'd be completely in the dark here. Well, other than knowing Rogue is single (YAY) and in a tunnel lol.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #257
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Singer's talking simply about how Rogue gets introduced into the film...

Iceman (and perhaps Kitty) looks to be hanging with Mags...another thing that's sure to endear him further towards Rogue. Yet he and Rogue are forced into each others arms again, it seems! Ah, melodrama...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 10-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #258
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Pretty sure that shot of her (as has been suggested by others) is right before she helps out Logan, who's in a trance and has absolutely (eh...eh ) nothing to do with Bobby nor Kitty.
At least for now, we are sure that she's gonna make it to the temple alive and reunite with her ex-comrades.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #259
neemer5
Side-Kick

Rogue gives up her powers for her boyfriend. They break up. She regains her powers. She's upset, she's lonely, and she's messed up. She looks totally haggard. She's clearly a damaged, tortured soul. All I saw in those clips were mental pain and anguish.
Looks like her storyline is going to be very deep, complex and ultimately melancholy. I'm excited.

By the way, is she wearing a straight-jacket?

Last edited by neemer5; 10-30-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:49 AM   #260
Mars123
Side-Kick

Ooooo Rogue is definitely one of the Most interesting character ATM, purely as she seems to be the one of the spoiler of the series. Can't wait to see her.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #261
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Nowhere does it suggest that Rogue would have any qualms about saving Wolverine and/or Shadowcat. Tension or not, I'm not interested in some "*gasp* She's with my ex-boyfriend, what do I do?" nonsense. It's not suggested in the trailer that she will be wrestling with some moral quandary. Some posters are only interested in using Rogue as a vehicle for their own fantasies about older men and the women who slight them. No thanks, not interested.

If we're to believe rumor,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Shadowcat will be out of commission, so Rogue won't be witnessing those two embracing, or staring into each other's eyes until after she saves the day.
I hope that's true.

Do you guys realize that this is possibly the nearest we ever were from watchig her saving the day since X2 and the jet??? And that little scenes was 10 years ago (Suddenly I feel old).

Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #262
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Singer's talking simply about how Rogue gets introduced into the film...

Iceman (and perhaps Kitty) looks to be hanging with Mags...another thing that's sure to endear him further towards Rogue. Yet he and Rogue are forced into each others arms again, it seems! Ah, melodrama...

There's no suggestion Rogue and Bobby will be in getting back together. There isn't the time for it. They're over and he's with Kitty.

Anna was all excited about Rogue getting Gambit in a sequel which has always signaled to me Rogue/Bobby are over for good.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #263
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemer5 View Post
Rogue gives up her powers for her boyfriend. They break up. She regains her powers. She's upset, she's lonely, and she's messed up. She looks totally haggard. She's clearly a damaged, tortured soul. All I saw in those clips were mental pain and anguish.
Looks like her storyline is going to be very deep, complex and ultimately melancholy. I'm excited.

By the way, is she wearing a straight-jacket?
I agree. She looks changed in the clips, emotionally shut down. I expect the last 10 years have been horrible for her. The cure was a disaster, so was her relationship, her relationships with the others have probably been effected by it all and then she's been hunted and locked up.

She will be a changed woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Ooooo Rogue is definitely one of the Most interesting character ATM, purely as she seems to be the one of the spoiler of the series. Can't wait to see her.
I reckon we already know Rogue's role. Because if it is how we think it is then she can't be talked about because she is pivotal to the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
I hope that's true.

Do you guys realize that this is possibly the nearest we ever were from watchig her saving the day since X2 and the jet??? And that little scenes was 10 years ago (Suddenly I feel old).
Rogue may not be happy to Iceman or Magneto but she'd help Wolverine and the plan. It's not like she will care about wiping out her current life anyway.

Her being the hero is long overdue and it looks like she finally will be. It seems she might be the difference between them all getting killed by the Sentinels and saving Mutant kind

Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #264
Super Film
Side-Kick

Could that dramatic shot be Rogue making the hard decision to absorb a dying mutant's power?

Old 10-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #265
Melapi
Side-Kick

If she has to absorb Kitty, even if it won't kill her, Rogue won't be happy. She'll have all the memories from Kitty and Bobby relationship with every little things she was not allowed to have. I find that situation depressing.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #266
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

Quote:
If she has to absorb Kitty, even if it won't kill her, Rogue won't be happy. She'll have all the memories from Kitty and Bobby relationship with every little things she was not allowed to have. I find that situation highly depressing.
Right? Even the happiest, most well-adjusted person wouldn't want to know that kind of stuff about an ex. Yuck. But besides that, I'm worried that if Kitty is already badly injured, Rogue touching her might make things worse for her (Kitty, I mean).

Old 10-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #267
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that she's been imprisoned for quite some time, hence her changed appearance and personality. Rogue reaction to seeing the X-Men teaming up with Magneto again will be interesting.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #268
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
If she has to absorb Kitty, even if it won't kill her, Rogue won't be happy. She'll have all the memories from Kitty and Bobby relationship with every little things she was not allowed to have. I find that situation depressing.
It is possible if she has to absorb a injured Kitty it might end up killing her. That will really hard for Rogue to agree to. And yeah, she won't want Kitty's memories and feelings for Bobby in her head. I suspect if this is the storyline then it will be turmoil for Rogue.

But all this will be erased when the new future takes effect so she'd do it knowing that.

You have to also feel for Kitty. It won't be easy for either of the women. Kitty will be worried that a new timeline will lose her Bobby and he might be with Rogue in it. Which I don't see happening, they do seem to be hinting that romance is dead and buried for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I think that she's been imprisoned for quite some time, hence her changed appearance and personality. Rogue reaction to seeing the X-Men teaming up with Magneto again will be interesting.
I agree. I reckon she's been in the camp a while. She may also not have even been around the others when she was captured. I just get a feeling she hasn't seen any them for a long time. It up's the tension and it explains why she does look changed in the clips.

I have a feeling the others either didn't know she was captured or didn't know which camp she was in but knew/heard she's been caught. That can be the only explanation for why they'd leave her in there. Those camps are bound to be hell on Earth for mutants.

There is going to be a reaction to Magneto and Iceman saving her. All that history she has with both of them. It's deliberate they're written to be the ones who go and get her. It adds drama.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #269
Angamb
Banned User

I think none mentioned, but the close shot of her in the trailer gives X3 teas all over the shot.

Im not sure if the shot is similar, but the whole vibe is pretty similar. Insecure/sad Rogue looking at someone from her close circle.

I hope she has more strong moments instead of the sad/insecure/afraid Rogue

Old 10-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #270
Melapi
Side-Kick

I noticed it too. But this time is less obvious what is getting her pissed.

Other think that caught my eye is that Kitty is wearing a ring when she's doing the light thing in Wolverine. Maybe she's married to Bobby...

Old 10-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #271
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think none mentioned, but the close shot of her in the trailer gives X3 teas all over the shot.

Im not sure if the shot is similar, but the whole vibe is pretty similar. Insecure/sad Rogue looking at someone from her close circle.

I hope she has more strong moments instead of the sad/insecure/afraid Rogue
I'm sure she will have more moments. She's bound to be toughened up now she's an adult and has been through so much in the last 10 years. Plus Singer said every returning character is emotionally different. We see them like we never had before, that means Rogue as well. So it can't and won't be like X3.

She's naturally going to have emotional issues going on but she'll be changed as well.

Quote:
I noticed it too. But this time is less obvious what is getting her pissed.

Other think that caught my eye is that Kitty is wearing a ring when she's doing the light thing in Wolverine. Maybe she's married to Bobby...
I've been thinking they might be married. Kitty was in the comics.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 10-30-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #272
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
According to a lot of non-fans around the net they didn't understand what was going on. It was confusing. It had no clear narrative.
All I've seen from the GA is praise. That just a couple places though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 10-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #273
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
And with those shots, we've got confirmation that she's wearing that same tan suit, likely a prison uniform with how plain it is, in all the scenes we've gotten from her so far and not the much rumored green one. Also, the speculation in the past of her face being partially transformed is likely just a lighting issue, as Bobby's face has the same shade. There's likely a light coming up from the floor, and they're both straddling something solid that the light can't pass through, causing the shadow on their faces.
Thanks for that dissertation about how shadows work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 10-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #274
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
All I've seen from the GA is praise. That just a couple places though.
If you look around the bigger entertainment sites and there is a lot of criticism as well as praise. Some people don't have a clue about the DOFP plot so the trailer left them all It's true it didn't explain the story properly.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #275
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
If you look around the bigger entertainment sites and there is a lot of criticism as well as praise. Some people don't have a clue about the DOFP plot so the trailer left them all It's true it didn't explain the story properly.
Since you have your pulse on general audience reactions and non-fan site impressions, could you please link to at least half a dozen of your observations.

Closed Thread