The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #426
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Ha, ha! Wow. That did not go the the way I was hoping. LOL! Anyway, just one game....just one game....just one....

Old 10-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #427
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
See what happens when Kobe don't play. The team plays hard and together. Once Kobe comes back, it will back to selfish basketball again. If Kobe was playing the clippers would have destroyed the lakers like the past two seasons!
Agreed! He's why Dwight didn't want to stay and I can't blame him at all. I think Gasol will have a great year to prove both Kobe and Dantoni wrong for scapegoating him last season for things he had no control over. I think the Lakers could be better than we expect until.Kobe gets back. Then his selfish play will cause these guys to start to lose again.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #428
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
See what happens when Kobe don't play. The team plays hard and together. Once Kobe comes back, it will back to selfish basketball again. If Kobe was playing the clippers would have destroyed the lakers like the past two seasons!
lol LA you really need to reel it in sometimes.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #429
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Agreed! He's why Dwight didn't want to stay and I can't blame him at all. I think Gasol will have a great year to prove both Kobe and Dantoni wrong for scapegoating him last season for things he had no control over. I think the Lakers could be better than we expect until.Kobe gets back. Then his selfish play will cause these guys to start to lose again.
Your sig is embarrassing.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #430
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

He's a Knicks fan. His whole existence is embarrassing.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #431
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Heat titles in the last 10 years - 3
Knicks titles in the last 3 decades - 0

Lebon rings - 2
Carmelo rings - 0

I think it's clear who made the right decision. Also lol pretending like the Knicks didn't try to do the exact same thing the Heat did and failed miserably.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #432
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Guess the summer hasn't cooled your idiocy in the least. So...Kobe's setting the lineups now? He had nothing to do with Gasol being moved from Center in favor of Dwight, just like he had nothing to do with Mike Brown moving Gasol in favor of Bynum. That's why he wasn't successful, on top of being injured the past two years & not being aggressive enough when he had opportunities.

Guys like you kill me, acting like Pau and Kobe haven't gone to three straight Finals, I think they know how to play with each other by now. This team last night is physically able to run the offense D'Antoni wants to run, and the Clippers came out expecting them to lay down.

And further, why the hell should Kobe want to bow down to Dwight Howard for, of all people? It WASN'T his team just like the Rockets aren't right now. It's his problem to work out, nobody else. If he wants to be the guy, he needs to make it that way. Shaq sure as hell didn't lay out the red carpet for Kobe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
He's a Knicks fan. His whole existence is embarrassing.
Pretty much.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 10-30-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #433
kaypain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvirus View Post
Lebron can barely take a hit in the NBA without crying like a b**ch. He wouldn't make it one play in the NFL.
Blame the oversaturated NBA rules for players doing that ****.

Yall take Lebron for granted, he's just taking advantage of the stupid exploit the NBA created. With that being said, there's no doubt in my mind he can play in the NFL. After watching his training videos, the guy is tough. He would be a lethal tight end. With his speed and mobility, and jumping ability he would be a force to be reckoned with.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #434
kaypain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I love how he tweets this stuff answering some fans dopey question and the media reports it like it's news. They hang on his every word like it's gospel. Discussing this is a massive waste of time...
you sound mad....

and bitter...

and envious....

why so serious?

Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #435
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Guess the summer hasn't cooled your idiocy in the least. So...Kobe's setting the lineups now? He had nothing to do with Gasol being moved from Center in favor of Dwight, just like he had nothing to do with Mike Brown moving Gasol in favor of Bynum. That's why he wasn't successful, on top of being injured the past two years & not being aggressive enough when he had opportunities.

Guys like you kill me, acting like Pau and Kobe haven't gone to three straight Finals, I think they know how to play with each other by now. This team last night is physically able to run the offense D'Antoni wants to run, and the Clippers came out expecting them to lay down.

And further, why the hell should Kobe want to bow down to Dwight Howard for, of all people? It WASN'T his team just like the Rockets aren't right now. It's his problem to work out, nobody else. If he wants to be the guy, he needs to make it that way. Shaq sure as hell didn't lay out the red carpet for Kobe...

Pretty much.

Man, I just love to get you Kobe fans all riled up! Dude is one of the most overrated, most helped superstar of all time. And the reason people are hating Dwight so much is because they know with him leaving, unless Melo and Lebron join him in LA, he ain't winning no more chips. If Kobe is so awesome, let's see how much does when he comes back.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 10-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #436
kaypain
Side-Kick

Old 10-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #437
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypain View Post
you sound mad....

and bitter...

and envious....

why so serious?

You're missing the point completely dude. It wasn't a knock on Lebron, it was a knock on the media. *sigh*.....

Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #438
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

No Dwayne Wade tonight due to knee soreness. This is the problem I see with the Heat this year. It's gonna be hard enough for them to 3-peat.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #439
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Isn't that a foul of some sort (on the rose image)? He straight up kicks him in the ankle, lol

Old 10-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #440
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
No Dwayne Wade tonight due to knee soreness. This is the problem I see with the Heat this year. It's gonna be hard enough for them to 3-peat.
Yep. That's why I'm shocked that everyone is saying they will 3peat. Wade is injury prone and that tends to happen a lot more the older you get. I just see the Bulls, Pacers, Nets and even the Knicks challenging them a lot more. Especially the Nets.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #441
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Man, I just love to get you Kobe fans all riled up! Dude is one of the most overrated, most helped superstar of all time. And the reason people are hating Dwight so much is because they know with him leaving, unless Melo and Lebron join him in LA, he ain't winning no more chips. If Kobe is so awesome, let's see how much does when he comes back.
And I love Knick fans so bitter about their own history they have no choice but to focus on something else lol. People hated Dwight when he still had an Orlando jersey on his back, he's his own worst enemy. As far as Kobe, you don't need to see what he's gonna do, you can just look back at what already happened. Shaq isn't winning in LA without him, Gasol sure as hell isn't winning anything without him, and that's just the facts of the matter. You should spend more time worrying about Melo, and pray he doesn't bolt for greener pastures...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 10-30-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #442
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Jeremy Lin not starting in Houston tonight. It amazed me how many asians would call you a racist when you say that Lin wasn't worth that contract. My wife is asian and even she said I was racist to say that. WTF! First it was Melo, then it was Woodson, then it was Harden and now it's Mchale all conspiring to keep Lin from excelling. It doesn't take a Rocket scientist(pun intended)to see Lin is a decent player but he's also a hype job.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 10-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #443
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
People hated Dwight when he still had an Orlando jersey on his back, he's his own worst enemy. As far as Kobe, you don't need to see what he's gonna do, you can just look back at what already happened. Shaq isn't winning in LA without him, Gasol sure as hell isn't winning anything without him, and that's just the facts of the matter. You should spend more time worrying about Melo, and pray he doesn't bolt for greener pastures...
That's the thing about Melo. I'd love for him to stay but if he leaves, I actually can see a good side to it. He's the type of player who doesn't get everyone involved so you need the right coach for him, which I do not think Woodson is. If he leaves or stays, I'm good either way. I'd love to see Melo go to LA with Kobe. I can only imagine the records they'd break together with shot attempts and least assists ever.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 10-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #444
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Isn't that a foul of some sort (on the rose image)? He straight up kicks him in the ankle, lol
Shhhh. You aren't supposed to point out stuff like that. Logic has no place in this forum. It's like the republican party.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #445
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
And I love Knick fans so bitter about their own history they have no choice but to focus on something else lol. People hated Dwight when he still had an Orlando jersey on his back, he's his own worst enemy. As far as Kobe, you don't need to see what he's gonna do, you can just look back at what already happened. Shaq isn't winning in LA without him, Gasol sure as hell isn't winning anything without him, and that's just the facts of the matter. You should spend more time worrying about Melo, and pray he doesn't bolt for greener pastures...
I love the Knicks and all but having Melo on the team is kinda a double edge sword. Without him we might be just a .500 team but with him it's not like they're going to get the second round. He's a great player but he's not a winner. He's a downgraded version of Kobe with size. I'd love for him to stay as a Knick but if he leaves it wouldn't be the worst thing. I don't want the Knicks playing him max when he's in his mid 30's.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #446
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
I love the Knicks and all but having Melo on the team is kinda a double edge sword. Without him we might be just a .500 team but with him it's not like they're going to get the second round. He's a great player but he's not a winner. He's a downgraded version of Kobe with size. I'd love for him to stay as a Knick but if he leaves it wouldn't be the worst thing. I don't want the Knicks playing him max when he's in his mid 30's.
Exactly how I feel! That's why I'm not worried either way. If he leaves, more money under the cap and the way the NBA is now, you can get someone good, just don't get desperate. I'm actually 50/50 if he stays or leaves.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 10-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #447
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
That's the thing about Melo. I'd love for him to stay but if he leaves, I actually can see a good side to it. He's the type of player who doesn't get everyone involved so you need the right coach for him, which I do not think Woodson is. If he leaves or stays, I'm good either way. I'd love to see Melo go to LA with Kobe. I can only imagine the records they'd break together with shot attempts and least assists ever.
I already pointed out to you (it feels like at least 1000 times last year) that Kobe averages about 5 assists for his career, which everyone likes to sweep under the rug. Not to mention he tied his career high of 6 last season.

Melo, on the other hand, averaged about 2 last year and barely 3 for his career. And you tried to fight me on this constantly about how it's not really him, it's the team and that he's not selfish and this and that.

So...why the change of heart? Trust me, nobody as talented as Melo is strolling through those doors anytime soon if he walks. Ask Mark Cuban how good it feels to have bundles of cap space with nobody to spend it on...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 10-30-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #448
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
I already pointed out to you (it feels like at least 1000 times last year) that Kobe averages about 5 assists for his career, which everyone likes to sweep under the rug. Not to mention he tied his career high of 6 last season.

Melo, on the other hand, averaged about 2 last year and barely 3 for his career. And you tried to fight me on this constantly about how it's not really him, it's the team and that he's not selfish and this and that.

So...why the change of heart? Trust me, nobody as talented as Melo is strolling through those doors anytime soon if he walks. Ask Mark Cuban how good it feels to have bundles of cap space with nobody to spend it on...
I hate that argument about Kobe "OH HE DOESNT PASS THE BALL!!!" No one seemed to complain when he was winning those championships after Shaq left. Yeah, Kobe takes a lot of shots but for the past couple of seasons he's had no one to pass the ball too and he still his averages are:

10-11: 4.7
11-12: 4.6
12-13: 6.0

His team was TRASH last year and even with all the shots he was taking he still averaged 6 assists.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #449
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

He hasn't been out of the top 5 in assists for SGs since 2005-2006, but it's a losing argument no matter what...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 10-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #450
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Bynum actually played tonight for the Cavs.

Closed Thread