Side-Kick

Default Re: Billing order.

Poor Shawn.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #180
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm sure Hoult can cry in Jennifer Lawrence's arms about not being billed. His life is so tough with good looks all that money and a beautiful A-list girlfriend.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #181
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Shawn and Nicholas aren't heavy hitters as actors or characters so it doesn't surprise me they didn't make the main credits.

The ones that did are the ones you tend to think of first when OT/FC/DOFP pop up in your mind. They are the iconic characters and the most famous actors.

As for the billing I'd say Halle/Anna were equally billed at #5. Ellen/Peter at #6 and Ian/Patrick sharing the 'And' honors. Hugh, James, Michael, Jennifer were 1, 2, 3, 4 billing - to be expected. This is how I thought it would go. The credited cast are the heavy hitters of the series.

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #182
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Yeah, I didn't expect Shawn in the credits although a little surprised Hoult didn't make the cut considering Singer seems to love him so. But that's really not Singer's decision.

And I agree with xDOFPx Those are the core actors you think of when you think of X-Men and the most popular (although Ellen's is more for her star power than her seniority).

I'm hoping this means we will see more of ROGUE than ever expected!

Illuminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #183
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

No surprises at all with the billing order. I suspected that Hugh would go first, followed by McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence, and the two sirs as "and".

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #184
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Ellen is there more because she's Ellen Page and not because Kitty herself is iconic to the movie audiences. But mix Ellen with the fact Kitty is core to DOFP and her credit is right.

I wouldn't say it means we'll see loads of Rogue. It just means she isn't as tiny as some were believing and she's obviously pivotal to the plot. Plus it shows Singer/producers still see Rogue as a major player in the series. I expect she gets good stuff to do when she is on screen.

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #185
Mars123
Side-Kick

It is interesting that 5th and 6th seems to be even field by being on the same line, but I'm not surprised by this at all.

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #186
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I love the billing order! I have no problem with it whatsoever .

And it was kinda obvious to me that Ian/Patrick are gonna get the AND credit.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #187
JP
Smelly

ANd now this discussion has finally been nipped.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #188
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

I must say more than anything else THIS has convinced me how big a star Jackman is. In a cast this packed with awarding winning actors and there are Oscar winners and he is not, Jackman ALONE gets the Above the title billing. It is almost startling. It was obvious as the day that he would be billed first. But I thought the entire cast would be billed together after the title. But no Jackman is not just billed first but as THE top billing and over the title, basically setting him away from the entire cast as THE grand daddy and then everyone else lumped together.

But that's a star for you. Jackman is a star amongst stars it seems.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #189
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I must say more than anything else THIS has convinced me how big a star Jackman is. In a cast this packed with awarding winning actors and there are Oscar winners and he is not, Jackman ALONE gets the Above the title billing. It is almost startling. It was obvious as the day that he would be billed first. But I thought the entire cast would be billed together after the title. But no Jackman is not just billed first but as THE top billing and over the title, basically setting him away from the entire cast as THE grand daddy and then everyone else lumped together.

But that's a star for you. Jackman is a star amongst stars it seems.
I wouldn't put too much into that. Jackman is just the only one that has been in all the movies and he plays wolverine the biggest character in the franchise. It really comes as no surprise.

He is a star though and definitely deserves that spot.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #190
Mars123
Side-Kick

Especially as he is gluing the two time periods together, he has been at the forefront , its been obvious!

Old 10-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #191
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Eh everyone knows that this entire franchise is all about Hugh Jackman's character so of course his name is going to be the most prominent. Of course it's away from everyone else's.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #192
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I wouldn't put too much into that. Jackman is just the only one that has been in all the movies and he plays wolverine the biggest character in the franchise. It really comes as no surprise.

He is a star though and definitely deserves that spot.
Jennifer Lawrence has delivered a bigger hit than he ever has.

I think he's not above any of the others, just about the same level.

Star Trek Into Darkness this summer audaciously recognized itself as an ensemble (even though Pine is clearly the lead character) and billed the cast alphabetically! So John Chu became the unlikely first billed of the cast. I think that was really cool.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #193
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Jennifer Lawrence has delivered a bigger hit than he ever has.

I think he's not above any of the others, just about the same level.

Star Trek Into Darkness this summer audaciously recognized itself as an ensemble (even though Pine is clearly the lead character) and billed the cast alphabetically! So John Chu became the unlikely first billed of the cast. I think that was really cool.
agree. Personally, I think Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender are much better actors than Hugh.

And Ian has more prestige. And even Michael has gotten many great reviews from most of his movies from latest 5 years, like Hunger, Shame and now this 12 years a slave.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #194
Mars123
Side-Kick

Can't forgets thladies who have have won oscars either

Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #195
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Regardless of the reasons for the billing, I didn't really like the prominence given to Hugh Jackman or Simon Kinberg.

I think Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are bigger selling points and their return is a bigger reason to cheer.

Audiences loved The Wolverine's mid-credits scene with those two actors and many critics and fans said it was better than the film itself.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #196
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I thought this movie was called "X-Weapon: Logans of Future Past", so it's natural that Hugh Jackman should be billed first.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #197
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I'm such a fan of this whole cast that I couldn't care less who turns up where in the credits. Silly thing to get worked up over, really.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #198
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Personally, I think Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender are much better actors than Hugh.
And personally I think that McAvoy is better than Fassbender. He's been getting rave reviews for his performance in Filth, was nominated for an Olivier this year for Macbeth, not counting past great roles in films like Atonement. The reason why I put him ahead of Fassbender is his range - I don't know many actors nowadays who can play a faun, a romantic lead in period pieces, an awkward nerd, a superhero, a violent cocaine addicted bi-polar cop - be believable and bring emotional depth and truthfulness to all these roles.

And I love Hugh as an actor, I would never put him below Fassbender. Maybe he made some wrong choices in his career, films that limited him, but when he finds the right script and the right director he's fantastic. The man is super talented all around. The truth is, he's very much the face of this franchise, he's brilliant as Wolverine, he's a star, why wouldn't his name come ahead of everybody's else? I bet the whole cast is happy with this; I know I am.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart

Last edited by Loganbabe; 10-31-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #199
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I thought this movie was called "X-Weapon: Logans of Future Past", so it's natural that Hugh Jackman should be billed first.
I love Hugh as Wolverine but I hope in the future we can get an X-Men movie that features Wolverine prominently but doesn't star him. I know the average joe doesn't care about my whining about this subject but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to whine about it every now and again. lol

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #200
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
And personally I think that McAvoy is better than Fassbender. He's been getting rave reviews for his performance in Filth, was nominated for an Olivier this year for Macbeth, not counting past great roles in films like Atonement. The reason why I put him ahead of Fassbender is his range - I don't know many actors nowadays who can play a faun, a romantic lead in period pieces, an awkward nerd, a superhero, a violent cocaine addicted bi-polar cop - be believable and bring emotional depth and truthfulness to all these roles.

And I love Hugh as an actor, I would never put him below Fassbender. Maybe he made some wrong choices in his career, films that limited him, but when he finds the right script and the right director he's fantastic. The man is super talented all around. The truth is, he's very much the face of this franchise, he's brilliant as Wolverine, he's a star, why wouldn't his name come ahead of everybody's else? I bet the whole cast is happy with this; I know I am.
I didn't even notice Hugh's name was above the title in the trailer until someone pointed it out. And my only reaction to it was bracing for inevitable griping that was sure to follow about it.

Again, I love this cast and it doesn't matter to me who goes where. DOFP has come up in conversation a few times with some friends and co-workers over the past, and not one of them asked about the billing. Really, no one cares.