The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #426
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Batman physique thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Something I have been pondering over is why didn't Cavill just simply stay in MOS shape or maintain a some what healthy looking physique after filming. Just makes the task of preparing for a sequel all the more easier. Considering he hasn't been in any movies since finishing shooting MOS and only just shot U.N.C.L.E which his suited in so his physique could be hidden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Do you even know how difficult that would be? It's a 24/7 thing. He doesn't have time for that, working on another film which doesn't require him to be in that kind of shape.

He has.

He has stayed in fantastic shape. It will not be difficult at all for him to get back into MOS shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Of course I realise how hard it is hence I stated an alternative, also Cavill himself during the MOS promotions said he didn't stay in shape after filming.
He stayed in shape but not Superman shape. Even in his wealth of paparazzi photos, Cavill always appeared buff. Cavill has honestly and truly brought about a transformation of his body. See pictures of his before MOS and after MOS. His very body structure seems to have changed. He seems broader of of shoulders, bigger of chest and just overall has infinitely more presence than when he had before MOS. I would never have thought of him as a 'big guy' before MOS, now I do. So he actually transformed. And has kept it up.

Twight said that when he met Cavill a year later after finishing with him for MOS, he said Cavill had kept his basic training and wasn't starting for scratch. And Cavill said that he doesn't have that kind of an ego where he needs to have an eight pack the entire year round. He said he's happy to get it when the role demands.

I think this is the reason he can top his MOS form for Batman Vs Superman. He was already in decent shape and will get 6 months of solid training before shoot begins along with all the muscle memory from MOS.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #427
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
No one is saying cavill was small that's for sure not the case but it would be incorrect to deny that the suit added to his naturally impressive physique in a few ways, just on first glance they improved on his forearms which aren't a strong point for cavill, at least in proportion tot he rest of his arms.

I was a big fan of the suit and the method they used. Although I hope one of the rumored tweaks is to better work on the suits abdominal mold.
Yeah the abdominal area needs work and I think they will definitely improve that this time around. I hope they scanned Cavill again near his peak when he filmed his MOS shirtless scenes. For the MOS suit, they must have scanned him 4 months before he shot his shirtless scenes and probably his abs were not yet ready. This time they should have all the scans in place to deliver the best possible suit.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #428
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblepot View Post
Well said Malone. Cavill certainly looked great, but the suit gave him even more bulk. Adding a cm is lot. You'd have to wrkout for months for an extra cm around arms and delts. I just hope Ben can match it.
A cm is okay. On biceps that size, a good hard pump can give you an inch even. So a cm is just 40% of an inch. And I don't even think it was a centimeter, a cm is very thick for cloth material, his body would get suffocated with that, it was probably millimeters.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #429
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Needs red trunks
Those were very dark shots. Try these. These are from his show down with Faora. Do you still think he needs trunks?

Old 10-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #430
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Also is it just me or does it look like Cavill is at different sizes in these two suited pics? In the second pic, he has even broader shoulders and the V is even more prominent. So I think due to training throughout the shoot, he continued to grow and they adjusted his suit according to that.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #431
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Also is it just me or does it look like Cavill is at different sizes in these two suited pics? In the second pic, he has even broader shoulders and the V is even more prominent. So I think due to training throughout the shoot, he continued to grow and they adjusted his suit according to that.

maybe cause the fight with Faora and Nam-ek left Superman ripped and bigger; you know, the effort it took

Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #432
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Yeah the abdominal area needs work and I think they will definitely improve that this time around. I hope they scanned Cavill again near his peak when he filmed his MOS shirtless scenes. For the MOS suit, they must have scanned him 4 months before he shot his shirtless scenes and probably his abs were not yet ready. This time they should have all the scans in place to deliver the best possible suit.
Ideally I wouldn't even include sticking out abs on the costume. Even if they are an accurate scan or representation of Henry's real abs this time they would still look a bit fake on that costume.

You can tell just by looking the material is not that thin and abs never show up on clothing thicker than spandex, hell abs aren't usually even captured in spandex clothing you have to be that close to the skin, like skin paint we're talking about.

Superman can still look impressively built without the cut six pack abs sticking through.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #433
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Soooooooooo..... Batman?

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #434
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
Soooooooooo..... Batman?
Who?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #435
storyteller
Side-Kick

Onto the abs, they are there to make him look impressive but probably also serve another function. Because of the way they are molded, Cavil can bend in the suit without it scrunching up in a bad way. And when he does bend his suit abs maintain the buff look. As costume designer needs to be concerned with how it will look in various postures.

I think the suit needs something to break up the torso and the legs. Yeah it's great when most of his torso is the shot. But otherwise it gets kinda boring. Also I feel the same way about the cape. I think it needs that yellow S.

Now again comic pictures aren't the best examples. They can cheat lighting and structure.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #436
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Onto the abs, they are there to make him look impressive but probably also serve another function. Because of the way they are molded, Cavil can bend in the suit without it scrunching up in a bad way. And when he does bend his suit abs maintain the buff look. As costume designer needs to be concerned with how it will look in various postures..
Excellent point.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #437
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Ideally I wouldn't even include sticking out abs on the costume. Even if they are an accurate scan or representation of Henry's real abs this time they would still look a bit fake on that costume.

You can tell just by looking the material is not that thin and abs never show up on clothing thicker than spandex, hell abs aren't usually even captured in spandex clothing you have to be that close to the skin, like skin paint we're talking about.

Superman can still look impressively built without the cut six pack abs sticking through.
Pardon me, but Henry Cavill had a legit eight-pack, not six. Let's not sell the man short.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #438
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by enriquespy View Post
soooooooooo..... Batman?

should be fit :d

Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #439
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
maybe cause the fight with Faora and Nam-ek left Superman ripped and bigger; you know, the effort it took
Lol. But movies are never shot in sequence!

Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #440
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:

Isn't this one of the rare Superman art where he doesn't have a six pack? I think he has a six pack 95% of the time which would make it almost traditional to the character and Snyder just trying to be true to the source material.

And besides as some people have noted, Snyder has somewhat of an abs fetish! After making King Leonidas and Dr. Manhattan notorious for their insanely defined superhuman abs, Snyder was hardly going to settle for a flat stomach on the granddaddy of all superheroes.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #441
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Onto the abs, they are there to make him look impressive but probably also serve another function. Because of the way they are molded, Cavil can bend in the suit without it scrunching up in a bad way. And when he does bend his suit abs maintain the buff look. As costume designer needs to be concerned with how it will look in various postures.

I think the suit needs something to break up the torso and the legs. Yeah it's great when most of his torso is the shot. But otherwise it gets kinda boring. Also I feel the same way about the cape. I think it needs that yellow S.

Now again comic pictures aren't the best examples. They can cheat lighting and structure.
The Kruptonian belt (and those markings) breaks up the suit. The suit is perfect to me in every way, the one aspect that Snyder just nailed. I think it is a bold new design and looks wonderful on screen.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #442
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
should be fit :d
Nuff said.

Close thread!

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 11-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #443
theShape
Creature of Darkness

The title of this thread so so hilarious and to-the-point. "Guys, let's talk about Batman's body."

Old 11-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #444
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
The title of this thread so so hilarious and to-the-point. "Guys, let's talk about Batman's body."
We're actually talking about Superman's body more than anything for some strange reason.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #445
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Perhaps because we can talk, marvel, admire, and even criticize what we've already seen from him. It's all speculation about Affleck right now...and pretty much everyone agrees on how Batman should look. It'll be very interesting to see Affleck in his final form, thats for sure.

He must know that he is inevitably going to be compared to Cavill. Must be a strong motivating point.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #446
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

From 2 days ago, looking Batman ready you guys?

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #447
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

If they cast me as Batman, I would make damn sure I wouldn't fit no ordinary jeans.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #448
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

With all due respect to Ben, I think he needs a lot more work but he does have time so I'm not that worried.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #449
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
From 2 days ago, looking Batman ready you guys?

Old 11-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #450
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

My god what huge feet she has.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Closed Thread