The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 08-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #26
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Half Happy With The Wolverine - Am I The Only One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Good for you, that you are not letting RT to dictate w/c movie is better or not. I don't too.
It doesn't sound like it.
Quote:
But for me, I would feel like a lot of better if The Wolverine got a higher rating in RT.
Quote:
Obviously, there's a problem with a film if its so well liked by the audience yet it got a low rating in RT.
RT seems to have a strong influence on you.

Last edited by def28; 08-17-2013 at 11:03 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #27
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
It doesn't sound like it.

RT seems to have a strong influence on you.
Rt has a strong influence in me since I visit that site everyday, though I don't agree with every rating in that site like for example the rating for TASM, Iron Man, Captain America, The Dark Knight etc.... IMO those films should have a lower rating compare to X2/First Class.

And I would like to repost this post:

Quote:
I judge films by own merit. Sex and the City the Movie, Spice World and Mamma Mia and even X3/Fantastic Four/G.I Joe are some of my favorite movies of all time. And they all have rotten ratings in RT.
For me, The Wolverine is the best superhero film of the year but I'm pretty sure there's people out there who sees Iron Man 3 as the best of 2013, and they would use the Rt rating system to defend that film and in the Rt rankings, Iron Man 3 has a higher placement than The Wolverine and some people might see it that IR3 is indeed better than TW even if they haven't seen both of those films. Basically, if The Wolverine got a higher Rt rating than Iron Man 3, its good on paper, good for public/critical reception and for bragging rights.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #28
def28
Side-Kick

Most audiences don't compare a movie that came out 2 months before another. As long as its fresh thats all they need, if that. A majority of people in the world do not let critics speak for them or care about reviews, and if that was the case Transformers would have stopped at 2. Alot of these superhero films have their audience regardless. Most are critic proof.

Nothing wrong with hoping for a good score, but its done. Critics don't share the exact same opinion most the time as each other or audiences. Your giving critics more credit then the audiences these films are made for. If audiences like something but critics don't, then theres no problem. The film wasn't made for them.

You shouldn't need bragging rights to justify why you like something.

Last edited by def28; 08-17-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #29
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Well you don't have to agree with me all the time, if thats what you want.

I'm just stating my opinions.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #30
def28
Side-Kick

Cool

Old 10-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #31
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Its definitely the final act which underwhelms on the 1st watch, and it is the last thing you see so its not surprising people feel this way. Movie endings and last acts are very important.

I remember loving Death Proof when I first saw it because all I could remember was the car chase, I remember being very dissapointed in TDKR until the last 10 mins when everything wrapped superbly, I have since grown to like the whole movie. But yeah, on 1st viewings especially they are important.
See a good ending can make a movie better like in the case of TDKR. But a bad ending can also break a movie like in the case of The Wolverine.

Everything up until the final fight and the reveal of old man master plan was pretty great in The Wolverine. I would have like it to be more like the comic though. Less spectacle and more personal. Some samurai swordplay from Logan and some inner meditation stuff would have been nice. Hoping there's a quieter scene like that in the extended cut.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #32
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

The more I think about the film (even though I enjoyed it), they should have developed the immortality angle. Logan hardly gave it any thought when asked to give up his healing power. It could have made more of an interesting thing to play with in the movie.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I feel the same way as the OP but about the new Thor. i didn't hate it, nor did i love it. i'm somewhere between liking it and indifferent to it. something just didn't click and i felt little for the movie.

I usually like most films and there are few i dislike, this is the first time in while that i felt nothing. it's strange

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote