The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #976
Sex
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 4

Death to trunks.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #977
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
He changed it too Ewoks because he couldn't afford numerous extras as Wookies. Just creating that many Wookie costumes would've been too much. That's why.
Nope. Loki is right. He had in his mind the idea of the Wookie's being a primitive society. Through Chewie, the Rebels would gain a secret, and powerful ally. But by the time Jedi rolled around Lucas had rethought that aspect since Chewie had been shown to be a sophisticated being who would fly space ships, repair droids, ect. He also decided that having the Imperial forces defeated by small, cute creatures would be in keeping with many mythological motifs.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #978
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sex View Post
Death to trunks.

He's a Super-Sayajin. It won't be easy.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #979
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post

He's not Henry Cavill... HE'S SUPERMAN
manip in general ZOd pls!!!

superman is kneeling to general Zod! finally.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #980
Superman 1265
Side-Kick

I hope they add the trunks just to see how the anti-trunks crowd react.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #981
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman 1265 View Post
I hope they add the trunks just to see how the anti-trunks crowd react.
That alone would make the trunks worthwhile.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #982
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm just hoping that we get one epic shot of Superman and Batman walking alongside each other for a moment...that alone would get people talking.lol

Old 11-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #983
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

I think a bit of red on the "gauntlets" and a more noticeable yellow for the "belt" would be fine

That's it

Don't go overboard with the new 52 look and add too much red.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #984
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
That alone would make the trunks worthwhile.
Title of the movie: the trunks return!!!
Support!!!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #985
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Title of the movie: the trunks return!!!
Support!!!
I hereby pledge to support that movie with a ticket purchase.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #986
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The perfect way to add the trunks is to get his K suit trashed in some way by Luthor/whatever villain. Martha makes a new one, we go with Byrne's "aura" explanation for why it doesn't get shredded in 2 seconds, and when Clark asks about the outer underwear Ma just makes some crack about not wanting to see the outline of her son's hoo-hah on the nightly news. BOOM. Done.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #987
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Guys, if Snyder didn't want the trunks on the suit in the first film, then it's pretty reasonable to believe that he won't want them in the second film either. His reasons for not adding the trunks had nothing to do with it being an origin film, but simply because he didn't think it worked anymore in today's world.

It's pretty clear cut and dry and to keep saying that it could happen at this point is just wishful thinking.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #988
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Guys, if Snyder didn't want the trunks on the suit in the first film, then it's pretty reasonable to believe that he won't want them in the second film either. His reasons for not adding the trunks had nothing to do with it being an origin film, but simply because he didn't think it worked anymore in today's world.

It's pretty clear cut and dry and to keep saying that it could happen at this point is just wishful thinking.

I don't care too much either way, because I loved MOS, and the underwear had no bearing on it for me.

But... Never say never. Spidey had a very popular all black look that, for reasons that had to do with a lot of behind the scenes issues, was 86'd so that the classic look could make a comeback. I think that the iconic look could make a comeback in live action in a heartbeat, Lee... BECAUSE it's iconic. The 75 Year cartoon short is proof of that. Or... They could keep the suit from MOS as is. Either way, I'm good.

BTW, why do some people get so damned serious about the trunks? There is no need to come in here like the fanboy thought police and put the kibosh on someone's preference either way. "The underwear is the only look, you hipster idiot". "No. The trunks are as dead and buried as your MOM!!!" It's underwear on or off a man that flys under his own power and is a totally human looking alien. Let's keep things in perspective here, hmmm?

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 11-01-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #989
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Heck, I'm still hoping that Superman is treated as the "Main Character" of this film like how they've been saying that Professor X will be treated as in the upcoming Days of Future Past film.

I think that given the circumstances, Batman shouldn't be treated as a equal protagonist but as a major character, where they just present enough of him where it's not too much so that people aren't going...another Batman film again?..after we just got TDKR....and where people are left interested in seeing more of Ben's Batman in the near future afterwards.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #990
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Just a random thought. Since Bats is going to be tired, weary, and older, once Supes and Bats duke it out and once they come together, wouldn't it be different to see Clark mold Bruce a Batman suit out of the remains of General Zods armor? A Kryptonian made Bat-suit for their trip to Apokolips for JL. That would be different and cool "Sorry about your sattelite, Bruce. It won't happen again. Here, take this. If I ever get out of control, put this on to stop me..."

It works in my head , lol....

Old 11-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #991
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I'm watching Justice League Unlimited, and I got up to the episode involving Captain Marvel and Superman. I notice that the fight between them is very similar to the fight with Zod in MoS:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #992
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
I'm watching Justice League Unlimited, and I got up to the episode involving Captain Marvel and Superman. I notice that the fight between them is very similar to the fight with Zod in MoS:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This one between Superman and Darkseid is also similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJ2Bd41zsw

Old 11-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #993
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This has MOS written all over it! I can't believe I forgot about this fight while I was watching the movie. I remember thinking man this is so much destruction! lol No wonder I wasn't fazed with the Supes Vs Zod battle. We could have been using this video in discussions to defend Zack. haha Party on Dude.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #994
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Wait wait wait... people are discussing whether or not there will be trunks in this film?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #995
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
This has MOS written all over it! I can't believe I forgot about this fight while I was watching the movie. I remember thinking man this is so much destruction! lol No wonder I wasn't fazed with the Supes Vs Zod battle. We could have been using this video in discussions to defend Zack. haha Party on Dude.
A big difference, though, is that in the Superman/Captain Marvel fight Superman is supposed to come off as a dick.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #996
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
A big difference, though, is that in the Superman/Captain Marvel fight Superman is supposed to come off as a dick.
More overly cautious of a well known career mass murderer I'd say. But that has nothing to do with the damage done when two superpowered god like beings are battling it out in a brick, metal, and glass jungle. More absent minded then anything. That might happen when a being that can punch a 30 foot whole in the ground is aiming that fist at their face.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #997
Krumm
Beer Snob

Wall Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Wait wait wait... people are discussing whether or not there will be trunks in this film?

We've also got talk of Ma Kent making the suit.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #998
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

The trunks are dead and gone and will never return on film. If anything MoS has proven that this generation doesn't give a rats ass about trunks now and probably never will.

The GA didn't realize themselves how stupid the trunks were so Snyder has shown it to them and now they laugh at the idea of a grown man wearing trunks outside his suit. The idea of trunks is being phased out. And soon a generation will be born that know ONLY trunksless Superman.

Of all the complaints about MoS not once have I ever heard anyone claim "He wasn't Superman because he lacked teh trunks"

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #999
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
More overly cautious of a well known career mass murderer I'd say. But that has nothing to do with the damage done when two superpowered god like beings are battling it out in a brick, metal, and glass jungle. More absent minded then anything. That might happen when a being that can punch a 30 foot whole in the ground is aiming that fist at their face.
The entire point of that episode was that Superman was letting his distrust of Lex Luthor turn him into a paranoid dick, and he was taking out his frustration on Captain Marvel because Marvel reminded him of himself before he got all jaded and paranoid. The level of destruction in that fight was meant to paint Superman in a negative light as a continuation of that theme. It has everything to do with the damage done in the fight, and it's the big difference between the fight in that episode and the fight in the movie.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #1000
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
The trunks are dead and gone and will never return on film. If anything MoS has proven that this generation doesn't give a rats ass about trunks now and probably never will.

The GA didn't realize themselves how stupid the trunks were so Snyder has shown it to them and now they laugh at the idea of a grown man wearing trunks outside his suit. The idea of trunks is being phased out. And soon a generation will be born that know ONLY trunksless Superman.

Of all the complaints about MoS not once have I ever heard anyone claim "He wasn't Superman because he lacked teh trunks"
The actual truth was they tried to get the trunks but Snyder never saw a design he liked with the trunks

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Closed Thread