The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #551
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I don't know though... I mean, I just didn't get the impression that Steve Rogers was the kind of guy that would casually date and sleep with women without making a serious commitment to that person.
And you would be right.

I can't believe this is still being seriously discussed.

Combine the "This is the longest conversation I've ever had with one (woman)"

with Steve's awkward nervousness when the chick was coming on to him,

and the not so subtle "waiting for the right partner" metaphor,

(Not even gonna point out the old school cultural values mindset Steve was brought up with)

and it's painfully obvious the Cap has never known a girl in the Biblical sense.If that causes some of you to lose respect for Steve,that's on you.

Last edited by Human Torch; 11-01-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #552
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
And you would be right.

I can't believe this is still being seriously discussed.

Combine the "This is the longest conversation I've ever had with one (woman)"

with Steve's awkward nervousness when the chick was coming on to him,

and the not so subtle "waiting for the right partner" metaphor,

(Not even gonna point out the old school cultural values mindset Steve was brought up with)

and it's painfully obvious the Cap has never known a girl in the Biblical sense.If that causes some of you to lose respect for Steve,that's on you.
Personally, I thin it's an admirable trait that he has for sure.

Though I do hope to see the dude have a "TDKR" scene (ala Bruce and Talia) with Natasha in the film, if only just for the sake to end the debate as to whether he's a virgin or not.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #553
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:

Though I do hope to see the dude have a "TDKR" scene (ala Bruce and Talia) with Natasha in the film, if only just for the sake to end the debate as to whether he's a virgin or not.
Same here.

I actually hope for the opposite to happen and they confirm he's a virgin.That'll drive the macho fanboys nuts.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #554
Ant-manic
Banned User

i just want to see him older a tall glass of milk at a bar.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #555
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Make it a buttermilk.Steve's tough.He can take it.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #556
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Captain America is a man of Intensity, intelligence and integrity. Oh it's true, it's damn true.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #557
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm really surprised that this is even a debate. I thought that it was made blatantly obvious from Steve's actions/words that he was a virgin. I believe that Peggy was the first woman that he ever kissed for real (Natalie Dormer doesn't count, she caught him offguard).

Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #558
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't call it an admirable trait of Steve's. But it is an admirable detail about about the movie. Pop culture has it that a woman who has sex is not good while a man who doesn't have sex is a loser or a weirdo. It's pretty interesting that they all but state that Steve is a virgin, but don't show him as less of a man for being so, not does it make a point of having him loose his virginity at any point.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #559
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Same here.

I actually hope for the opposite to happen and they confirm he's a virgin.That'll drive the macho fanboys nuts.
Wouldn't drive me nuts at all. If he's a virgin, fine and dandy. Doesn't make him any better, or any worse, than anybody else out there who isn't one. I just think it's very naive to think that a grown man, especially a very handsome one who spends the bulk of his (short) adult life around tons of gorgeous women who literally throw themselves at him, wouldn't have taken the opportunity when it was offered.

Steve Rogers has never been portrayed as a monk; dunno why the MCU would feel the need.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #560
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well I've said this before, but assuming if Black Widow's character isn't sacrificed in terms of quality when it comes to romantically pairing her up with Steve in this film, one of the reasons why I'm interested in seeing this aspect is that prior to this film, I never got the impression that Natasha would ever be interested or even capable of allowing someone to see the vulnerable/intimate side of her that lovers normally tend to share, so it adds a new layer for her character from my perspective.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #561
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Captain America is 90 years old and still a virgin in the movies.

It's true. It's true.

- CM Punk
Old 11-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #562
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Steve Rogers has never been portrayed as a monk; dunno why the MCU would feel the need.
Because he hasn't had 40 metaphorical years in the modern world yet?

Old 11-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #563
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Didn't realize I had stumbled into the, "Is Steve Rogers a virgin?" Thread. Lol.

I think Black Widow should settle down with a nice regular everyday normal guy. Like a doctor or something. I've always liked the scenereo of a powerful, capable, ruthless killer of a woman having a naive normal husband waiting for them at home. Sort of a juxtaposition of sorts. Like Vivica Fox and Uma Thermons characters in Kill Bill.

Too many times in stories and other media powerful , dangerous, capable men have naive innocent significant others. I find the reverse far more interesting personally.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #564
Loki882
Side-Kick

BW doesn't strike me as the kind of person to settle down period, much less with someone normal.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #565
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I just heard Scarjo is supposed to be down here next month to talk to Walmart about a Black Widow line of Under wear

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #566
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I don't see why the can't do both. BW maybe being romantically involved with WS in the past does not mean that she can't be involved with someone in the present, since her relationship with WS is long over. And no, I don't think that it would reduce her as a character to have a love interest, as long as that's not ALL there is to her.
People could get more invested in the Bucky/Natasha relationship than Steve/Natasha.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #567
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
People could get more invested in the Bucky/Natasha relationship than Steve/Natasha.
How? In the long run, the Steve/Natasha pairing could get more audience investment since both of them will be in AoU as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 AM   #568
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I just heard Scarjo is supposed to be down here next month to talk to Walmart about a Black Widow line of Under wear
Yeah?

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #569
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

I really wish they'd go back and explore the Natasha/Clint relationship.

"Is this love,Agent Romanoff?" *cue Whitesnake*

Old 11-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #570
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
How? In the long run, the Steve/Natasha pairing could get more audience investment since both of them will be in AoU as well.
But in the short run, people could get pretty involved with the sidestory of two reluctant spies falling for one another, especially given how Winter Soldier will likely be a sympathetic figure and probably would end the movie as Bucky.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #571
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

The drop down/shooting scene was probably the stand out moment in the trailer for me. A solo Black Widow movie was like that would be pretty nifty.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #572
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Yeah?
What's funny is I heard she didn't WEAR undies in those skin tight Costumes lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #573
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
The drop down/shooting scene was probably the stand out moment in the trailer for me. A solo Black Widow movie was like that would be pretty nifty.
The flipkick is awesome, but the wire work is terrible.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #574
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I didn't really understand that scene. Is she shooting to slow her decent... like in a video game or something?

Old 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #575
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I didn't really understand that scene. Is she shooting to slow her decent... like in a video game or something?
Probably shooting at targets below her that aren't visible in that clip yet.

Closed Thread