The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 04:49 AM   #151
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,259
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
"They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall".

I imagine that other super-powered beings will be inspired to put on a cape now.

Man of Steel is not just the first Superman movie, it feels very much like the first movie of an overarching story about the universe of superheroes. (whereas Iron Man 1 doesn't necessarily feel like the beginning of anything more than Iron Man)

---

This is why I'd be fine with the opening Snyder/Goyer "trilogy" of the DC universe being:

2013 Man of Steel (a movie about humans learning that they are not alone in the universe. The tip of the iceberg)

2015 Batman vs Superman (What happens when these beings don't trust each other -- they lose the trust of the people in the process)

2017 Justice League (When these beings band together as a symbol, regaining the trust of the people, establishing the status quo for the DC universe)

Then solos afterwards under different directors.
Squeeze in Wonder Woman and Flash and you've got a decent phase 1 or simply declare that the Arrow show exists in that world, then we can not only get Barry but also Oliver as well.

Been reading some of the posts here, really good ideas guys, keep them coming. I didn't really mind that MOS lacked development as MOS was just the movie which plants all the seeds to grow. For the next film, looking at the direction it's going I think it's unanimous that everyone here wants:


__________________
OFFICIAL MAN OF STEEL DEFENDER FOR LIFE

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #152
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,736
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

I certainly do. ^^

I also agree with including "Arrow." The production team seems to have done a good job of grounding it enough to fit. I'm also really starting to like their Slade Wilson and Black Canary (even with her sound device).

__________________
"They laughed when I said that a man could walk on the moon. Now I'm up here laughing at them." - Louie Armstrong
DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #153
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 7,736
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I could see that too.

However, does this mean Batman's entire career had no Bat signal, etc? Surely people would know that he's not just an urban legend if the police use the Bat signal for a decade.

That being said, perhaps there's a difference between his existence being known and standing proud in broad daylight alongside Superman, allowing news cameras to capture footage, etc, to inspire others around the world. I could see this happening post MOS.
Yeah maybe the batsignal comes later.. They haven't seen him physically..

__________________
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #154
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,384
Ninja Re: MOS potential for BVS

So who do you think put that sign up....."if in trouble keep calm and call the bat"

__________________
I hate the internet
manofsteel4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #155
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,387
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
So who do you think put that sign up....."if in trouble keep calm and call the bat"
I think that was just an in joke for people that are paying close attention. I don't think that image is supposed to even be in continuity, it's just an easter egg for the fans

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #156
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,384
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I think that was just an in joke for people that are paying close attention. I don't think that image is supposed to even be in continuity, it's just an easter egg for the fans
Lol think so?...that's pretty funny then lol

__________________
I hate the internet
manofsteel4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #157
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,387
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Yeah it was put in the movie by the special effects guys as just an in joke. Pretty cool though still

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #158
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Pa Kent's worry.

i think they should and must fully illustrate Pa Kent's worry and materialised in BVS. it's to honour and make pa Kent sacrifice worthy.

i wanna see huge missiles shooting at superman, making craters around him... that the world is totally rejecting him at the beginning. that's the human's nature. they eliminate different races. what's more an alien!!!

and some flash back of pa kent!!! encouraging his son not to give up!

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #159
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 7,736
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Pa Kent's worry.

i think they should and must fully illustrate Pa Kent's worry and materialised in BVS. it's to honour and make pa Kent sacrifice worthy.

i wanna see huge missiles shooting at superman, making craters around him... that the world is totally rejecting him at the beginning. that's the human's nature. they eliminate different races. what's more an alien!!!

and some flash back of pa kent!!! encouraging his son not to give up!
Want it and even more PA KENT!!!

__________________
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #160
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,167
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

I'm hoping that at the conclusion of THIS film, that we get to see a moment where after everything Superman's gone through and finally accomplished, he's able to get the public to warm up to him and that we get a moment where people are actually applauding him for having saved them.

I think the whole people cheering for him scene would actually be well earned at that point and not come off as cheesy.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #161
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm hoping that at the conclusion of THIS film, that we get to see a moment where after everything Superman's gone through and finally accomplished, he's able to get the public to warm up to him and that we get a moment where people are actually applauding him for having saved them.

I think the whole people cheering for him scene would actually be well earned at that point and not come off as cheesy.
Sweet!!! I promise I will stand up n appluase together!!!

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #162
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

On that note, I really wish Man of Steel had shown:

1- The beginnings of the world already reacting on the news when Zod reveals the existence of alien life (perhaps before Perry switches to the channel with the blogger). Religious leaders giving talks, Lex Corp stock rising with the announcement of new investments in anti-alien defense technology, etc, etc, basically showing what would have happened had Clark made himself known back when he was a kid: that the world would ultimately be worse off.

and 2 - The beginnings of the people realizing that he's here to help, the beginnings of being the symbol of hope. I guess they sort of did this with the military ("this man is not our enemy") and Jenny ("he saved us"), but I would have wanted some shots after Zod's death of Superman picking himself up and helping some terrified people out of the rubble, comforting them, etc, trying to put on a reassuring smile while trying to hide his emotions about Zod, and showing them that he's here to help, establishing the status quo.

I would have Batman vs Superman start with Superman already accepted by the people of Metropolis, as we can assume that he's been saving kittens out of trees and stuff for the past year. But the developments they showed (I mean "could have showed", instead of just suggested) in MOS (global power dynamics changing, religious turmoil, arms race, Lex, etc) finally surface in this movie drawing the global public eye (Waller, Batman included) back onto the problem of the Superman's existence.


Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 11-01-2013 at 02:19 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:17 AM   #163
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,167
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
On that note, I really wish Man of Steel had shown:

1- The beginnings of the world already reacting on the news when Zod reveals the existence of alien life (perhaps before Perry switches to the channel with the blogger). Religious leaders giving talks, Lex Corp stock rising with the announcement of new investments in anti-alien defense technology, etc, etc, basically showing what would have happened had Clark made himself known back when he was a kid: that the world would ultimately be worse off.

and 2 - The beginnings of the people realizing that he's here to help, the beginnings of being the symbol of hope. I guess they sort of did this with the military ("this man is not our enemy") and Jenny ("he saved us"), but I would have wanted some shots after Zod's death of Superman picking himself up and helping some terrified people out of the rubble, comforting them, etc, trying to put on a reassuring smile while trying to hide his emotions about Zod, and showing them that he's here to help, establishing the status quo.

I would have Batman vs Superman start with Superman already accepted by the people of Metropolis, as we can assume that he's been saving kittens out of trees and stuff for the past year. But the developments they showed (I mean "could have showed", instead of just suggested) in MOS (global power dynamics changing, religious turmoil, arms race, Lex, etc) finally surface in this movie drawing the global public eye (Waller, Batman included) back onto the problem of the Superman's existence.
Well, like some have said, the upcoming sequel has the chance to cover most of that at the beginning (hopefully) like how TDK covered the full extent of everyone's reactions towards Batman being around in Gotham when BB didn't do as much.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #164
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,031
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

I think they purposefully left stuff like that out because the world is left uncertain about superman and the idea of real life superheroes, and it will be in the sequel where this idea is explored.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #165
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 7,736
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
On that note, I really wish Man of Steel had shown:

1- The beginnings of the world already reacting on the news when Zod reveals the existence of alien life (perhaps before Perry switches to the channel with the blogger). Religious leaders giving talks, Lex Corp stock rising with the announcement of new investments in anti-alien defense technology, etc, etc, basically showing what would have happened had Clark made himself known back when he was a kid: that the world would ultimately be worse off.

and 2 - The beginnings of the people realizing that he's here to help, the beginnings of being the symbol of hope. I guess they sort of did this with the military ("this man is not our enemy") and Jenny ("he saved us) after Zod's death of Superman picking himself up and helping some terrified people out of the rubble, comforting them, etc, trying to put on a reassuring smile while trying to hide his emotions about Zod, and showing them that he's here to help, establishing the status quo."), but I would have wanted some shots afte

I would have Batman vs Superman start with Superman already accepted by the people of Metropolis, as we can assume that he's been saving kittens out of trees and stuff for the past year. But the developments they showed (I mean "could have showed", instead of just suggested) in MOS (global power dynamics changing, religious turmoil, arms race, Lex, etc) finally surface in this movie drawing the global public eye (Waller, Batman included) back onto the problem of the Superman's existence.
on the first; the showed the first reaction of Alien life, if there was so much, the potential of the nex movie could go down.
I guess people will be mixed about superman (fear the more in this movie cause Lex you know)

About the bold part has a possibility to be the intro of BvsS and I see that more correctly as TDK with BB scarecrow scene, Superman using x-ray vision to find survivors and recomforting them.. yu know connecting both movies.. I see why Snyder didn't put it. first to leave with suspense to see what happened and us making theories of what happen (imo the reaction and the consequences will take part in MOS2) so the final product of these could be twice as if it were presented in MOS, and two cause the impact of the kid's clark and DP would went way down and wouldn't have done that much impact as It did to several people (included myself)

__________________
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #166
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

The bicycle.

As I said in the other thread, it will be cool to see clark taking lois cycling around the bustling city after a story. It can promote cycling n green environment... something very special and different from previous movies.

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso

Last edited by sf2; 12-16-2013 at 11:42 PM.
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.