The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default We Need an X-Factor film

I'm happy about Deadpool and X-Force films but what I'd really like to see is an X-Factor spin-off.

Just like how Colossus never joined the X-Men in the new timeline in X-Force, this version of X-Factor would have had Cyclops and Phoenix having never been X-Men and instead a team set up by the military to investigate threats to mutantkind. That and Phoenix never had her dark side blocked, she's now fully in control of it which both makes her a lot more proactive but also at times overwhelmed by how powerful she is and sees her powers as more of a burden than a gift after she accidentally murdered somebody as a teenager.

From the first X-Factor in addition to Cyclops and Jean we'd have Angel who never got enough development in X3. From the second X-Factor I'd bring in Forge along with Multiple Man. From the third I'd use Siryn. From the fourth comes Gambit. That's seven characters which is the same amount as in the main team in the first film.

Also, in this timeline, Gambit died and was cloned by Sinister. He lacks memories of his previous life but begins the film as a villain employed to help Sinister carry out a harvest of the Morlocks' DNA.

The storyline used would be Mutant Massacre that would start a rivalry between Cyclops and Sinister, have Gambit be redeemed and Angel dies and is brought back as a clone by Apocalypse after the credits.

Sinister's agenda is to prevent Apocalypse from taking over the world by any means necessary, no matter how monstrous. Eventually he and Cyclops would be forced to team up to stop Apocalypse despite them absolutely hating each other.

And when it comes to cameos, Wolverine would appear having been sent by Xavier to investigate and he gets a fight in with Sabertooth, while appearing jealous that Cyclops and Jean are married as he remembers the old timeline. Cable from X-Force would be the second cameo who's hinted to be the son of Cyclops but that won't happen just yet.

The X-Men proper in the new timeline should be Beast, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Iceman, Xavier and Rogue.

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-01-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
kasjan
Side-Kick

Default Re: We Need an X-Factor film

I like idea about Gambit clone. This allows to use Kitsch as Gambit in present.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Oh, and when it comes down to the "five man band" the way this would work is

The Hero - Cyclops
The Lancer - Phoenix
The Smart Guy - Forge
The Big Guy - Multiple Man
The Heart - Siryn
The Sixth Ranger - Angel - until he dies -then Gambit fills this role in the third act.

And Famke is now 50. It's time to recast her. Beast got recast. Mystique got recast. Sabertooth got recast. Sometimes you have to recast people. For the record, I also consider Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry to also be too old now. Let DOFP be the swan song for both or let them each have one last appearance. After that, recast.

Oh, and Cable's cameo happens at the end, after everything happens, just as a chance meeting where Cyclops and Jean encounter Cable randomly. They exchange glances with Cable and Jean implied to know who the other one is due to telepathy but they don't say anything. It's left ambiguous for the casual audience but hardcore fans will know exactly what's being hinted at.

Cable's only words are, "look after him for me." Phoenix replies, "he's in good hands." And then it's left at that, cue credits. That's how you get fans to be talking about the ending until the next film with the whole, "OMG, Cable just met his parents and he knows that his younger self is still around! OMG!"

The regular X-Men should be billed under, "Uncanny X-Men" or "X-Treme X-Men" so it doesn't appear to be either vanilla or the "real story" when the team would be broken up into three different ones.

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-01-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I too would like to seee X-Factor, but there are really only two good ways to do it.

One would be with the first cast of X-Factor (the original 5 X-Men), but this doesn't work in this movie timeline debacle.

The second would be to start it off with the new X-Factor, a government agency, consisting of characters like Quicksilver, Multiple-Man, Strong Guy (how cool would Guido be?), Havok and Polaris, along with Forge.

The problem there is that Havok is a main piece of that X-Factor working, and again, they screwed that up in this movie incarnation of the X-Men. It's like they just threw cool characters into different movies without thinking about who should be where and the ramifications of those decisions to the timeline and future movies.

The casting/characters were good (mostly) in X-MEn #1 and #2, but then things went bad. So bad that I believe the only way to be able to make X-Factor what it should be is to reboot (like 6 years from now) the whole X-Men franchise and this time stick to the canon gold that most of us love!

Start with the real First Class and then go from there! That could lead to X-Factor and then it could lead to X-Force and X-Calibre.

If they force it, which is what they would have to do at this point due to the bad timeline issues, it will ruin what could work!

Plus the actors are aging and will need to be replaced (rebooted) sometime in the next few years!

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
I too would like to seee X-Factor, but there are really only two good ways to do it.

One would be with the first cast of X-Factor (the original 5 X-Men), but this doesn't work in this movie timeline debacle.

The second would be to start it off with the new X-Factor, a government agency, consisting of characters like Quicksilver, Multiple-Man, Strong Guy (how cool would Guido be?), Havok and Polaris, along with Forge.

The problem there is that Havok is a main piece of that X-Factor working, and again, they screwed that up in this movie incarnation of the X-Men. It's like they just threw cool characters into different movies without thinking about who should be where and the ramifications of those decisions to the timeline and future movies.

The casting/characters were good (mostly) in X-MEn #1 and #2, but then things went bad. So bad that I believe the only way to be able to make X-Factor what it should be is to reboot (like 6 years from now) the whole X-Men franchise and this time stick to the canon gold that most of us love!

Start with the real First Class and then go from there! That could lead to X-Factor and then it could lead to X-Force and X-Calibre.

If they force it, which is what they would have to do at this point due to the bad timeline issues, it will ruin what could work!

Plus the actors are aging and will need to be replaced (rebooted) sometime in the next few years!
Havok and Quicksilver are both from the past. Multiple Man is in the present. You can't have all three. I'd much rather see a composite X-Factor like what Jeff Wadlow is doing with X-Force.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^If you go with the second incarnation of X-Factor Havok and Polaris were the two main characters. The whole government sponsored group thing would work very well, but would need the right characters...

And for once that would not include Wolverine...

So the point characters would need to be Val Cooper (the agent), Havok (the leader) and Polaris (the love interest for Havok) - Forge would come in/replace Cooper at some point. The other characters are great, each having their own issues to deal with...

Strong Guy with his sense of humor, but with the pain caused by his mutation always plaguing him.

Quicksilver with his speed, but always feeling like he's stuck in a long, slow moving line, causing him to be impatient and short tempered.

Multiple-Man and his learning that his copies have more freedom than he first believes, and his contracting of the legacy virus.

Wolfsbane with her feelings for Havok.

And Polaris with her love for Havok.

Effectively this team only works with the point characters of Havok and Polaris, which is why I'm indicating a need for a reboot of the whole X-Men movie universe sometime in the not so distant future. Because you're right, with the current messed up X-Men timeline we can't have what we need.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The film could not be called just "X-Factor." There would have to be another title in front of "X-Factor" such as "Marvel Comics X-Factor" or "X Men Origins: X-Factor."

The reason for this is probably because Fox has plans for a movie version of the singing show of the same name that is judged by Simon Cowell and hosted by Mario Lopez.

It may be stupid, but if an X-Factor movie based on the X-Men mutants is made, Fox will have to put "X-Men" in front of it.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Sullstar
Side-Kick

I like the idea but if they do the Mutant Massacre storyline it will be used in the main films. It's too big of a storyline to use in a spin off because the box office isn't guaranteed.

Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Spin-offs are risky, FOX should at stick with the OT cast, at best they could do more 3 films with them. Box office success is guaranteed with them. For me, I prefer to watch a string of films with familiar faces.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #10
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'd love to see an X-Factor film. My main team would be as follows:

Siryn (she was a kid in X2, but enough time has passed so that she could be a young adult).
Madrox (He's just cool. Get the actor from X3 back, I liked him).
Layla Miller.
Wolfsbane.
Quicksilver.
Gambit.
Dani Moonstar.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

With the way the films are done now, there's not really any main X-Factor line up to pull every character perfectly, so they'll have to be made up from a few different ones or have different characters added altogether. The main team is like that, they're doing that with X-Force, so there's no reason to not expect that with this team should they ever get around to doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Spin-offs are risky, FOX should at stick with the OT cast, at best they could do more 3 films with them. Box office success is guaranteed with them. For me, I prefer to watch a string of films with familiar faces.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yeah you are still doing that which is incredibly petty.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
Antihero
Side-Kick

DOFP is a huge film.Fox should release another "big" movie to consolidate on the success of DOFP

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
With the way the films are done now, there's not really any main X-Factor line up to pull every character perfectly, so they'll have to be made up from a few different ones or have different characters added altogether. The main team is like that, they're doing that with X-Force, so there's no reason to not expect that with this team should they ever get around to doing it.

I know. There are fans of the different lineups of X-Factor and X-Force. X-Force is splitting the cast between the different incarnations, I don't see why X-Factor should be any different.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Because X-Force shouldn't be doing that. They should be going with the Cable, Domino, Cannonball, Boom-Boom and one other cast (whether that is Wolfsbane or Shatterstar). If they swap out Shatterstar/Wolfsbane for say, Psylocke, then fine, no biggie...

Same thing with X-Factor. Pick one of the line-ups and go with it. Oh wait, they can't, because the whole X-Men movie universe is so screwed up. You can't have the original class since two of them are dead and one is a kid compared to the others, and you can't go with Havok since he's also a kid.

Hold off on X-Factor. Do one more X-MEn movie and then reboot! This time do things right, with the actual first class.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Any reboot would be a Star Wars esque 8-10 years post official X-Men non-spinoff film. Fox would wait until the absolute last year before they'd lose the rights or whatever, and we know they hold these movies indefinitely as long as spinoffs are sandwiched in there.

They will never, EVER rehash X-Men on film with a reboot THAT FEATURES the same Xavier/Magneto conflict from the OT, only with a more up to date version, for at least another 40 plus years. While a reboot could seemingly be in order with a different thematic perspective, I don't feel it is necessary. X-Factor isn't the direction I'd take that, however. That's more spinoff territory, and the original roster would clearly be branded more as X-Men than it would a spinoff, from the GA perspective. Ultimately another unneccessary exercise.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #17
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ Because X-Force shouldn't be doing that. They should be going with the Cable, Domino, Cannonball, Boom-Boom and one other cast (whether that is Wolfsbane or Shatterstar). If they swap out Shatterstar/Wolfsbane for say, Psylocke, then fine, no biggie...

Same thing with X-Factor. Pick one of the line-ups and go with it. Oh wait, they can't, because the whole X-Men movie universe is so screwed up. You can't have the original class since two of them are dead and one is a kid compared to the others, and you can't go with Havok since he's also a kid.

Hold off on X-Factor. Do one more X-MEn movie and then reboot! This time do things right, with the actual first class.

Wait, let me get this straight... You're a bigger fan of Rob Liefeld's run than you are of Christopher Yost, Rick Remender or Dennis Hopeless' work on the franchise?

Mind = blown.

IMO, when it comes to X-Force, I'd want to see the sequel feature Fantomex (Sixth Ranger), X-23 (tagalong kid) and Rictor (a second big guy). Things like this are more interesting since it's not just a straight rehash of the comics.

For instance, would The Avengers have been as interesting if Ant-Man and Wasp replaced Captain America and Black Widow just to have "the original" team onscreen? Besides, when it comes to X-Force, Feral was never cool and the only interesting thing about Shatterstar is that he's Rictor's love interest, otherwise, he's a boring generic badass.

That said, I like Tabitha and Cannonball, I just like Rictor and Fantomex better but I wouldn't cry if those two replaced that two that I want to see.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ It's not that I don't like Yost's, Remender's or Hopeless' work; just that I believe in the whole origin stories being shown. I've always wanted to see how the team is formed and then see it changed. I also want them to stick somewhat to the actual stories and characters.

This is one of my main issues with the way this whole X-Men movie universe has been done. For example, wouldn't it have been great to have started with the actual original X-Men of Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Iceman and Marvel Girl? I think so...

Wouldn't it have been really cool to see Cyclop's brother and girlfriend join the team?

Wouldn't it have been amazing to see this team get in some sort of trouble, being captured, and Xavier forming a new, international team of Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Collosus, Sunfire, Banshee and Thunderbird to save them.

Wouldn't it have then been cool to see the original team break off to form X-Factor?

Wouldn't it have been cool to see that X-Factor fall apart and then a new government controlled group, with Cyclops' brother leading it?

Hopefully you get what I'm saying...

If they just go with the Fantomex, X-23, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc. version the story will just be out there hanging and it will come off more as a one-shot, and likely that's what it will end up being.

See, the whole Avengers movie universe got it right. Have character stories featuring certain members and then form the team, go back and have individual member stories, and then come back together... Perfect!

The X-Men could have done this too... If they had done it right they could have had the X-Men, the New Mutants and then X-Force, X-Factor and X-Calibre all out there with a huge cross over story after each group has a movie or two. But the more they have wrecked the timeline and the original stories, the more this type of X-Universe is unlikely!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #19
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Or DOFP might create a new timeline that fixes things. I'm personally hoping for a soft reboot. The old 90s animated series began with a full lineup of characters who weren't the original 5. I like these composite casts. It means that fan favorites are able to debut earlier. I mean, if you stick just strictly to continuity, you'd have Rogue not even making a debut yet.

My point is that I like the X-Force lineup. It works and there's no reason why Rictor, Cannonball or X-23 couldn't be in a sequel. I doubt it's going to be a one-shot when you consider that X-Men, X-Force and X-Factor can divide up the series with three different franchises + Wolverine and Deadpool spin-offs.

Also, with regards to the MCU...

Iron Man originally fought Mandarin, not Iron Monger
Captain America was frozen when fighting the original Baron Zemo, not Red Skull
Black Widow was originally an ENEMY of the Avengers
Now Ultron is being created by Iron Man

Why don't people get angry at Marvel Studios over stuff like that?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Some of the things you bring up are issues that some, like me, have a problem with. Ultron being created by Iron Man, instead of Pym. Many of us would rather see Pym and Janet brought into the team first, and then have Ultron...

As far as some of the differences in origin movies, I'm willing to forgive. Iron Monger instead of Mandarin was no biggie... I would have rather seen a build up to Mandarin. Of course I would have rather not seen Mandarin as some doped up actor, but you get the point...

Same with Camptain America. Red Skull is the big baddie, so makes sense to go with him in the origin.

With Avengers, we needed a sexy female character, and Wasp didn't make sense. The first incarnation of the Avengers only had Wasp as the female character, and having her forces Pym. With Cap, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man, having some lesser characters (Hawkeye and Widow) was smart. It could have been Scaret Witch, but Black Widow just made more sense.

But here is th difference...

Would Marvel Studios make Scarlet Witch 40 years older than Quicksilver? Would they have Widow in Ironman and then have her again in the Word War 2 error Captain America? No, that would be stupid, but these are the kind of things that have been done in the X-Men movies, right?

Old 11-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #21
Dasher10
Side-Kick

That's why Fox is doing a soft reboot. My guess is that Havok is going to fill the role of Corsair and be Cyclops' father. I don't know too many fans of Corsair and we already have Cyclops, Phoenix, Havok and now Cable. Any more Summers and it'll be impossible to keep track of them for the average fan.

With First Class being canon and a soft reboot in store for the original timeline, it's best to think of what can be done creatively without Havok in X-Factor. Keep in mind that he was with the X-Men during the 60s, 80s and 2000s and in the 2010s, he's now part of the Avengers. He was only part of X-Factor in the 90s and even then, he did take part in Mutant X.

X-Factor should be a hybrid team to capture the four different incarnations. IMO, I'd like for it to be led by Cyclops, under control of the military but mostly performs intelligence and investigative actions to get X-Factor to feel like it's a hybrid of all 3.

The roster would borrow from the first (Cyclops, Angel, Phoenix), second (Multiple Man, Forge) third (Rictor and Siryn) and fourth (gambit)

The alternate strategy is to use the past timeline for X-Factor and have Gambit, Havok and Quicksilver run around in the 70s.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #22
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Keep in mind that this wouldn't be too crowded as Angel will die early on, Gambit won't join until the third act and Forge will mostly be mission control. So the team for the most part is just Cyclops, Rictor, Phoenix, Multiple Man and Siryn.

IMO, a new timeline works as it allows the X-Men to split into three teams so characters won't be underdeveloped this time around like Colossus and Cyclops were in the original trilogy. That and now the the love triangle between Cyclops, Wolverine and Phoenix has already been done, putting them on the same team again is redundant and only Wolverine will get characterization. Cyclops and Phoenix get to grow more when they're away from Wolverine just like how Cyclops will be seen as a competent leader when he doesn't have Wolverine constantly challenging him.

For instance, over in X-Factor, Cyclops will take charge of HIS group of mutants while in Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine will find himself at odds with X-Factor so they'll still clash but this way, they'll both have time to shine.

Not only that but Sinister as Cyclops' rival that would progress onto future films, Gambit being dead and then cloned by Sinister and Angel being resurrected and brainwashed by Apocalypse would leave enough plot threads to keep X-Factor essential. Not to mention how Mutant Massacre and Inferno were crossovers between X-Men and X-Factor so they were STILL X-Factor storylines.

This isn't even getting into a potential sequel that would use Endgame, The Twelve and X-Cutioners song as source material where it's one giant crossover between the Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor and X-Force where young Cable gets infected with the Legacy Virus and his older self tells him that it'll be okay and reveals that he's the son of Cyclops. Like if Selene (who's revealed to have served Apocalypse for thousands of years) is threatening X-Force, Sinister (who's trying to find a solution to kill Apocalypse but through horrible methods) fights X-Factor, The Fantastic Four fight Kang the Conqueror (who has fled from Apocalypse's future to conquer Earth, even if that means killing his ancestor and kidnapping his son) and the Uncanny X-Men are threatened by Cameron Hodge (who's mutant death camps in Genosha are what cause Apocalypse to declare war on humanity) you'll have four films that lead into one big event where Apocalypse fights pretty much everyone.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #23
kasjan
Side-Kick

X-Factor would be good movie, but which year would be reality in this movie, are you taking about 2023 ?
Havok would be 77 yo and Quicksilver about 67.
Beast 83, Cyclops 54, Jean 49, Angel 37, Iceman 34.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #24
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Geriatric-X

That could make a good X team!

Old 11-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #25
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Per Bamfers spoilers for DOFP

We know that Stryker is using a mutant army in Vietnam in the movie then frames them. They could use that as a jumping off point for X-Force. Have the mutants that breakaway from him start it up.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote