The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Which film is better
Thor (2011) 86 38.57%
Thor: The Dark World (2013) 116 52.02%
Tie 21 9.42%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
the gael
Side-Kick
 
the gael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: France
Posts: 555
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I liked Thor, but Thor TDW Is better. It's a really fun movie

the gael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #27
ferpuerto17
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 46
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Thor 2 had more action and kept me on my seat even though I really had to go... I say Thor 2

ferpuerto17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #28
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,500
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I have no doubt Thor 2 is going to win this poll. But I think in a years time people will feel differently, as I think Thor 1 has more re-watchability than the sequel.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #29
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I do think some people are voting for Thor 2 because the action/the visual effects are so much better compare to Thor 1. But in my opinion, people should judge on which film is better based on the story.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #30
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I do think some people are voting for Thor 2 because the action/the visual effects are so much better compare to Thor 1. But in my opinion, people should judge on which film is better based on the story.
Thor is a superior first and foremost, action and visuals plays just as big of a role as story telling. People judge a film on what makes it better to THEM, whether it's because of the action, story, visuals, or all three it doesn't matter.

Thor 2 can't be too bad since most critics as well as fans think it's better than Thor, I'm not saying you're wrong for not agreeing. Just don't make it seem like everyone SHOULD feel the way you do.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #31
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Well its my opinion and I've seen the movie unlike you so I think I can debate with people who have seen the movie. You keep debating with people who have seen the movie about what they liked or not but you haven't seen the movie yet.

Based on the comments from the people who thinks TDW is better, they didn't mention the story being superior to the 1st one, but they mentioned, action sequences and visual effects as reasons why TDW is better.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #32
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well its my opinion and I've seen the movie unlike you so I think I can debate with people who have seen the movie. You keep debating with people who have seen the movie about what they liked or not but you haven't seen the movie yet.

Based on the comments from the people who thinks TDW is better, they didn't mention the story being superior to the 1st one, but they mentioned, action sequences and visual effects as reasons why TDW is better.
I'm not debating anything I just see through what you are doing unlike most people, it happens everytime a film comes out. The people that don't like the film hang around in that films threads and try to convince everyone that thy shouldn't like the film as well. It's really passive aggressive tolling that's what it is, JMC wasn't particularly enamored by the film but he's not trying to push his opinions on to everyone.

You are seriously calling people wrong for thinking the movie is better than the first and they HAVE seen the film. Also you're ignore most of my points made in my post like you always do, which was STORY ISN'T THE ONLY ASPECT OF CBM FILMS. First and foremost these characters are superheroes, so naturally with them action and visuals are a major part of what makes them appealing. This isn't a drama where the ONLY that matters is emotion and story, it's a film about a warrior prince from another world and yes action and visuals are an important part of his film.

Now I'm NOT saying story isn't very important which it is, but it isn't THE ONLY thing in this type of film. You are short selling the value of great visuals and action sequences which takes just as much talent to create.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #33
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm not debating anything I just see through what you are doing unlike most people, it happens everytime a film comes out. The people that don't like the film hang around in that films threads and try to convince everyone that thy shouldn't like the film as well. It's really passive aggressive tolling that's what it is, JMC wasn't particularly enamored by the film but he's not trying to push his opinions on to everyone.

You are seriously calling people wrong for thinking the movie is better than the first and they HAVE seen the film. Also you're ignore most of my points made in my post like you always do, which was STORY ISN'T THE ONLY ASPECT OF CBM FILMS. First and foremost these characters are superheroes, so naturally with them action and visuals are a major part of what makes them appealing. This isn't a drama where the ONLY that matters is emotion and story, it's a film about a warrior prince from another world and yes action and visuals are an important part of his film.
Since when I people called wrong about this issue? All I said in my post is people should judge a movie based on the story and not just because of action and visuals. Thats merely a suggestion and observation and I've seen a lot of people say the exact same thing when they criticized Man of Steel.

And you are not really the best person to argue with about this issue/topic since you haven't seen the movie yet. If you have seen the movie and you think TDW is better then we could argue.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-02-2013 at 12:39 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #34
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,417
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I look at it as more of a Alien/Aliens situation, but if pushed against the wall I'd go with TDW, just on the vastly improved scale and set design. Loki was back in his element as the wildcard trickster who ends up on top in the end, and Malekith and the Dark Elves are better antagonists than Laufey and the Frost Giants.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #35
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Since when I people called wrong about this issue? All I said in my post is people should judge a movie based on the story and not just because of action and visuals. Thats merely a suggestion and observation and I've seen a lot of people say the exact same thing when they criticized Man of Steel.

And you are not really the best person to argue with about this issue/topic since you haven't seen the movie yet. If you have seen the movie and you think TDW is better then we could argue.
This isn't an argument based on what I think about the film, it's your insistence that people should judge the film using YOUR method of judging a film. Now if you keep ignoring the main points of my post I'm going to have to end this disagreement.

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to ignore 90% of what they're saying and nitpick certain aspects of the post is an entirely different story.

Good grief

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #36
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
it's your insistence that people should judge the film using YOUR method of judging a film. Now if you keep ignoring the main points of my post I'm going to have to end this disagreement.

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to ignore 90% of what they're saying and nitpick certain aspects of the post is an entirely different story.

Good grief
Again its a suggestion and NOT an order. I'm not forcing people to judge a film based on the story, I just said they should. I don't know why you have so much issue with that, maybe because I didn't like the film that you think is so good and yet you haven't seen it yet .

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #37
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Again its a suggestion and NOT an order. I'm not forcing people to judge a film based on the story, I just said they should. I don't know why you have so much issue with that, maybe because I didn't like the film that you think is so good and yet you haven't seen it yet .
I NEVER said the film is good, you even saying that little remark let's me know that you don't want to have a sensible convo so good day.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #38
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

And yet you question when the film gets negative reviews in RT, you post things like "to each to its own" when someone said the fight scenes in the movie are standard action movie stuff and you even said Malekith being one-dimensional and the supporting characters not getting enough character development won't stop from you from enjoying the movie. Obviously, you want the movie to be seen as a good movie and reading your posts, I'm pretty sure you think the movie is good even without seeing it.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #39
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And yet you question when the film gets negative reviews in RT, you post things like "to each to its own" when someone said the fight scenes in the movie are standard action movie stuff and you even said Malekith being one-dimensional and the supporting characters not getting enough character development won't stop from you from enjoying the movie. Obviously, you want the movie to be seen as a good movie and reading your posts, I'm pretty sure you think the movie is good even without seeing it.
False I only question negative reviews that either don't make sense or are just contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian. I praised JMC's review of the film and he wasn't overjoyed about it either, but he did make valid points without beating people over the head with negativity. Also since when is saying "to each their own" a bad thing, it basically just means it's up to each person to decide how good they are on they're own. Saying that I don't mind Malekith being one dimensional is something I've been saying for months, I have enough of that with Loki. Sometimes I just want a bad guy that's just pure evil, what's wrong with that. I never knew every villain had to be this complex person that you somewhat relate to. As for the Warrior's Three and Sif, you're darn right I don't mind their roles being limited since guess what? It's pretty much always been that way in the comics just like Malekith being one dimensional.

Now what does any of that have to do with our convo? Nothing you're just reaching since you don't really have any counters to what I'm saying.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 11-02-2013 at 02:29 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #40
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,755
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

You know what we could have a better conversation once you finally watched the movie. Right now, everything is perfect for you when it comes to this movie. Its just getting tiring that you always have a say when someone criticize the film.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #41
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Well....that's that *slaps dust off hands*

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #42
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,291
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Thor 2 (IMHO) is better than the original movie but the Earth scenes (for me) were just as boring as the original movie.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #43
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,846
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I do think some people are voting for Thor 2 because the action/the visual effects are so much better compare to Thor 1. But in my opinion, people should judge on which film is better based on the story.
First of all it's pretty weird to put words into people's mouths like that. Is it so hard to think that people just judged it differently than you?

As for what to judge I think judging on the story is very simplistic. I think you should look at everything. A good story doesn't work if there's bad acting, for example.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #44
ddddeeee
Side-Kick
 
ddddeeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 678
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

The fact that the first Thor is even making a showing in this poll is significant since people should be on a high on the new one.

Once the hype settles I fully expect people to like both fairly equally. This idea that critics prefer TDW is nonsense because the average rating is currently the same and we still have 200 reviews to go.

I liked TDW a lot but I fully expect it to drop a good 10 -15%.

ddddeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #45
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,529
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Thor the dark world. Beyond a doubt

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #46
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster
 
CosmicPinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: German by birth
Posts: 2,802
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Hmm, so anyone who votes Thor 2 is apparently not judging the movie based on psylockolussus' criteria and is therefore wrong. Must be nice living in a fantasy world where people actually give a $@&! about your opinion. Luckily, we live in the real world where no one cares.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #47
Jaxon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 203
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I was really surprised by the sci-fi element in TDW, I wasn't expecting to see that level of high tech from Asgard and others (loved the implosion grenade, was damn cool).

The thing I really loved about Thor 1 is how well Hiddleston portrayed some crucial scenes. The scene where Thor was sitting on the steps after throwing over the table and there you see Loki's hand brush the pillar as a snake would reveal itself sliding down a tree. His scene with Odin while holding the casket. And more and more.
But I think TDW was much more a film about Thor and it was good to see Helmsworth return to his original size (he looked smaller in Avengers) so I really felt he was giving everything to his role.
Can't split them, loved different things about each, but I'm happy with that.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #48
Thor Odinson
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 340
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I had the opportunity to watch it today; it opened here yesterday, and I can say I'm disappointed with TDW.
Unlike the first Thor, I don't think I'll be watching it a second time in the movies.

Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #49
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
First of all it's pretty weird to put words into people's mouths like that. Is it so hard to think that people just judged it differently than you?

As for what to judge I think judging on the story is very simplistic. I think you should look at everything. A good story doesn't work if there's bad acting, for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Hmm, so anyone who votes Thor 2 is apparently not judging the movie based on psylockolussus' criteria and is therefore wrong. Must be nice living in a fantasy world where people actually give a $@&! about your opinion. Luckily, we live in the real world where no one cares.
Tell me about it!

I think psycolossus is passive aggressively trolling, I was trying to get this point across all last night.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #50
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,183
Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

I gave the original Thor an 8/10. Good movie, but there's plenty of room to improve. I'll just have to wait 5 days more to see if they did.

__________________
MCU - $7 billion and counting. Next up: kicking Harry Potter's butt.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.