The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #951
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

you are correct my mistake

Old 11-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #952
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Even though I watched the movie, this tv spot still gave me goosebumps. I wanna see this movie again.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #953
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

i thought you watched it twice already

Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #954
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post

Well done, Marvel. Well done.
When did they recon the old gods from Asgard?
During Roy Thomas run,all the old gods perished in the original Ragnarok.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #955
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

How was Taylor's direction in comparison to Branagh's in the previous flick? Did it feel more Thor-ish?

Old 11-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #956
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
How was Taylor's direction in comparison to Branagh's in the previous flick? Did it feel more Thor-ish?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
more vulnerable asgardians and thor compared to the last movie, more realistic battles similar to Game of thrones, but with magic, spaceships, aliens and science

Old 11-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #957
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...k-world-652752

Quote:
Disney and Marvel Studios' sequel Thor: The Dark World has earned a stellar $45.2 million in its first three days of play internationally, where it began rolling out on Wednesday. By Sunday, the movie should have raced past the $100 million mark. All told, the superhero tentpole is opening in 36 countries this weekend representing 70 percent of the international marketplace. Thor 2 opens in North America on Nov. 8

Old 11-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #958
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

So I've held for months now that this film has an excellent chance for me of being the best superhero movie of the year. Even if it's just as good as the first without improvement I'd say that would be enough for the crown as I like Thor1 better than any of the other superhero films we've got this year. Just can't wait another 5 days to see how it all turned out.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #959
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Okay,ladies,calm down!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1503438

Quote:
It's not one of his tricks! Loki himself travelled from London to thank Variety the Children’s Charity of New York and The Children’s Aid Society for their work with the city's kids at a special screening of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at AMC Empire 25 in Times Square.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #960
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
So this film may have already made 200 million by the time it's released in North America?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #961
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
more vulnerable asgardians and thor compared to the last movie, more realistic battles similar to Game of thrones, but with magic, spaceships, aliens and science
Asgardians died in the first film during the flashback scene of Odin vs the Frost Giants and when the Frost Giants invaded Odins vault. Plus Fandral was impaled by a Frost Giant's ice spike when Thor and Co. went to Jotunheim.

So that's really nothing new.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #962
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
So this film may have already made 200 million by the time it's released in North America?
Not enough.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #963
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Thor the Dark World's IMDb page looks awesome now lol
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981115/

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #964
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Hell yes. Best looking film in the MCU, period. Not even up for debate.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #965
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Hell yes. Best looking film in the MCU, period. Not even up for debate.
So it visually trumps The Avengers.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #966
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
So it visually trumps The Avengers.
There's some dodgy matte painting work through out the film but that doesn't change the fact that Taylor, visually, knocked this damn movie out of the park. Easily trumps the Avengers. Not even a debate.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #967
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I just found out Talulah Riley has a small part in the film. Awesome.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #968
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
There's some dodgy matte painting work through out the film but that doesn't change the fact that Taylor, visually, knocked this damn movie out of the park. Easily trumps the Avengers. Not even a debate.
The funeral scene was breathtaking.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #969
J.Howlett

I will say this about the Dark World; with actor's contracts ending in the next 3 years and with the eventual recast of the entire universe of characters, if and when Thor 3 happens, they have the makings of an emotional finale with this cast...if they let it go where it needs/should go with the ending of this film.

The chemistry between Hemsworth and Hiddleston is so damn great in the three films they've been in together, can you imagine Thor 3's climax between the two brothers if it goes to that eventual "place"?

I get goosebumps thinking about it.

Last edited by J.Howlett; 11-03-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #970
OriginalMiles
Static

Not sure where to put this, but...

Since it's been confirmed that the Aether is the Power Gem and the Tesseract is the ??? gem, does anybody else think that the Eye of Agomotto could be an Infinity Gem, maybe the soul gem?

Old 11-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #971
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelDCguy View Post

Since it's been confirmed that the Aether is the Power Gem and the Tesseract is the ??? gem, does anybody else think that the Eye of Agomotto could be an Infinity Gem, maybe the soul gem?
Isn't that also in Odins vault ? That would contradict what they said in the mid credits scene about not wanting all these artifacts in the same location.

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 11-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #972
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelDCguy View Post

I doubt it as it's in Odin's vault. Otherwise it could certainly have been a possibility.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #973
OriginalMiles
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I doubt it as it's in Odin's vault. Otherwise it could certainly have been a possibility.
Yeah, but the Tesseract was also in Odin's vault, and if they do the Illuminati in
the MCU, Dr. Strange could obtain the Eye that way, due to it being a gem.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #974
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Isn't that also in Odins vault ? That would contradict what they said in the mid credits scene about not wanting all these artifacts in the same location.
Maybe it was in Odin's vault at the time of the first movie, but isn't any more...

Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #975
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

That is all easter egg stuff, not to be taken too seriously imo. After all, the Gauntlet was there with all the gems.