Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #876
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Xmdofp will do very very well. Id actually be shocked if it doesn't make the most out of all the xfilms. ... But fantastic four? Nope. They're shooting themselves in the foot right out of the gate
Agreed. Singers return, it being based on one of the best comic stories from that era, big @ss robots etc, all suggest DOFP should do well.

This FF reboot though....Damned hard to feel enthusiastic about it based on the casting rumors. It's almost like they want to p#ss the existing fans off. Like you say, shooting themselves in the foot from the off. Not a smart move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I'm calling it right now, XMDOFP will make $450M max. I actually doubt it even makes that. There have been to many bad Xmen movies and I think The Wolverine suffered because of it. Thanks to the Avengers and Nolan's Batman(which I think is HIGHLY overrated)the audience has expected more and at this point, Fox doesn't really have a clue. Trying to combine Xmen and Fantastic Four is a horrible idea. Those universes are like night and day and it would really feel forced. If they were smart, they'd make a deal with Sony like they did to use Kingpin or even Marvel Studios to do some minor crossovers. The route they are going...........it just sounds horrible.
I think Singer being back on board and the hype over the story is gonna help DOFP. The potential for undoing some prior mistakes is another thing going for it.

And I don't think they are allowed to just combine the X-Men and FF (Millar has back-tracked on that idea big time btw). Afaik, they are separate deals and without Disney's permission I would think only a passing reference to them being in the same world is as far as that notion will get.

Quote:
People are pretty hyped about the film. Its trailer already has an astonishing amount of views, call it all you want it will do well
Yeah, I think DOFP is going to do well. Of course we have not seen much of it mind you, but I'd say the signs are good that Fox have let Singer return to his X2 form.

The signs for this one....So far, not so good.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #877
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Nostalgia of returning cast is its biggest seller imo.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #878
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

And I don't think they are allowed to just combine the X-Men and FF (Millar has back-tracked on that idea big time btw). Afaik, they are separate deals and without Disney's permission I would think only a passing reference to them being in the same world is as far as that notion will get.
I've been wondering about this too. I doubt anything was spelled out specifically, and probably the language of each deal only pertained to itself.
so it's probably one of those things that would depend on how much of a problem Marvel wanted to make about it.

Just my guessing, don't know much about this kind of law at all and wondering about this the other day...maybe someone brought it up in another thread somewhere.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #879
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
If they were smart, they'd make a deal with Sony like they did to use Kingpin or even Marvel Studios to do some minor crossovers. The route they are going...........it just sounds horrible.
oh god, keep Spidey out of this, please, haha...

as a Spider-Man fan, I am so glad that he is safely not sharing air at Sony with any other properties and threats of having to crossover into any of these people's universes.

(I wouldn't mind if Spidey was at Marvel, but I'd rather feel like he was on his own elsewhere. Avi Aravad complicates the whole thing tho.)

Old 11-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #880
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
People are pretty hyped about the film. Its trailer already has an astonishing amount of views, call it all you want it will do well
It may have a lot to do with expectations and how they chose to construct the trailers, but I was more interested in X-Men than Captain America a few weeks ago. But after seeing both previews, I've changed my mind and am looking forward to Captain America more (even though I've never been a particular fan of his).

Of course a cool Sentinel clip might have changed that. I suspect they're probably holding back on that until a later trailer.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #881
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

*Heath Ledger Joker Voice*

"Marvel change Jarvis to a AI and nobody cares. FOX cast a black actor as Johnny Storm and suddenly everybody loses their little minds!"

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #882
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

In a Michael Caine Alfred voice (well all his voices are mostly the same...) "The Avengers sometimes seen Butler is hardly an apt comparison to the Human bloody Torch..."

Old 11-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #883
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Yeah..... Ones a major character that a film is centered on, the other is a minuscule tertiary character that really would never effect any part of the plot if the film.

Even comparing Alfred/Bruce to Jarvis/Tony isn't accurate. Alfred is much more of a character because that's all Bruce has as a supporting character. Its why he really has an importance over Jarvis . Tony has Happy, Pepper, and Rhodey as supporting cast that would and should always over-shadow Jarvis

Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #884
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Yeah..... Ones a major character that a film is centered on, the other is a minuscule tertiary character that really would never effect any part of the plot if the film.

Even comparing Alfred/Bruce to Jarvis/Tony isn't accurate. Alfred is much more of a character because that's all Bruce has as a supporting character. Its why he really has an importance over Jarvis . Tony has Happy, Pepper, and Rhodey as supporting cast that would and should always over-shadow Jarvis
True. I was here since before the beginning of the previous films, and I think there was more consternation over Johnny's too-short, non-blonde hair than I saw about Alicia being black.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #885
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

True...but there was plenty of talk about a Latina Sue.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #886
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
True...but there was plenty of talk about a Latina Sue.
Yeah. But that's because she too is a main character. People tend to complain much less about tertiary or even secondary characters

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #887
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Very true....

Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #888
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
*Heath Ledger Joker Voice*

"Marvel change Jarvis to a AI and nobody cares. FOX cast a black actor as Johnny Storm and suddenly everybody loses their little minds!"
Do you realize how little sense this post makes? Think about it. Jarvis wasn't even a huge character in the comics. Human Torch is one of Marvel's most beloved superheroes

I'm still fine with Jordan being cast though. He looks like he's about to break out into a huge star, this role could help further that along for sure.

Last edited by Rorschach2012; 11-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #889
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
The xmen films have pretty much gotten a 40% success rate on proper characterization of the cast. Storm, Cyclops, Colossus , Iceman , Emma Frost, Deathstrike, Psylocke, Juggernaut, Callisto etc... Have all been handled pretty poorly over all and are just a shell of what they should be.

Mystique, Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Nightcrawler, and to a degree Jean and Beast have all been pretty perfect
I'm going to disagree with you on Mystique. I will never like the stupid and pointless scales on her.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #890
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm going to disagree with you on Mystique. I will never like the stupid and pointless scales on her.
im not a fan of scales, but over-all they made the character far more bad-ass than she was in the books, and upped her popularity quite alot.

the scales while, they don't have to be that overly detailed, do imo work better than simply blue skin, texture imo was needed, just maybe not to that extent.

that also being said... her classic white "full of skulls" costume would have never worked on film.. Conan the barbarian.. sure, but X-men, no, that look never made sense

[=]
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #891
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
im not a fan of scales, but over-all they made the character far more bad-ass than she was in the books, and upped her popularity quite alot.

the scales while, they don't have to be that overly detailed, do imo work better than simply blue skin, texture imo was needed, just maybe not to that extent.

that also being said... her classic white "full of skulls" costume would have never worked on film.. Conan the barbarian.. sure, but X-men, no, that look never made sense
No one ever said she needed the skulls on it. A white costume of some kind of design could have worked. I just don't care for lizard Mystique, visually at least.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #892
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

I feel like Mystique has been a bit shortchanged playing the henchman. I've always seen a realistic live action take on the character to be something like a villainous Zoe Morgan, but on a global scale.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #893
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
No one ever said she needed the skulls on it. A white costume of some kind of design could have worked. I just don't care for lizard Mystique, visually at least.
Her more current black leather makes more sense than a white outfit...

[=]
Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #894
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
I feel like Mystique has been a bit shortchanged playing the henchman. I've always seen a realistic live action take on the character to be something like a villainous Zoe Morgan, but on a global scale.
I always wanted to see her post X3 with her powers back and ruthless and angry and out for herself especially after magneto just abandoning her

[=]
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #895
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Her more current black leather makes more sense than a white outfit...
Haven't seen the black outfit. I've been behind on X-men comics for quite a few years.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #896
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
I always wanted to see her post X3 with her powers back and ruthless and angry and out for herself especially after magneto just abandoning her
Did he abandon her?

She tells the US Gov. where Magneto's camp is, which ends up being a decoy populated by Multiple Man while Magneto and Company are advancing on Alcatraz.

Sounds like she was still working for him to me...

Old 11-04-2013, 11:59 PM   #897
FantasticFart

hey, everybody!
new poster, dont care bout xmen, but i have some thoughts on the reboot-
first of all, no origin! WGH did it right- thats the best representation of the FF to date. and you know how they handled the origin? Opening credits! and it worked fine! i mean, they flew into space, got hit with cosmic rays and became the FF! pretty simple, as far as superheroes go, right?

Old 11-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #898
FantasticFart

As far as Johnny being black.. i'm torn...
on one hand, i could care less-as long as Sues black too. not a fan of the adopted brother thing.
On the other hand, something as classic as FF, it always stings when some ******* who dont know **** about the comics, tries and change it up- "for the Times" i mean, a black Sue would be fine(literally) but all i know is blonde Sue, ya know?

Last edited by FantasticFart; 11-05-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #899
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
Did he abandon her?

She tells the US Gov. where Magneto's camp is, which ends up being a decoy populated by Multiple Man while Magneto and Company are advancing on Alcatraz.

Sounds like she was still working for him to me...
Yes... He clearly left her and she was teary eyed because of it.

She told where his camp was to get back at him "woman scorned" but he had already moved on and left multiple man as a decoy

[=]
Old 11-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #900
Octoberist
point blank

I wouldn't be surprised if this got delayed till 2016…unless Fox HAS to make a FF movie in 2015.