The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlinzilla89
I never would have thought some many people would have so many issues with Batmans suite....
You don't know Batman fans.

I want a combination of the capsules and the pouches on the utility belt

Old 11-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
You don't know Batman fans.

I want a combination of the capsules and the pouches on the utility belt
That would be cool. FYI, do you know who was the first Batman to wear a Utility Belt with pouches (and cylinders as well)?
Adam West.

*splat*
Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 6

that's interesting. His belt looked like poop though.

I want a mixture of the Origins cowl, Jim Lee cowl and the Noel cowl. That sounds good to me.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #6
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I don't have very many restrictions, I just want batman to be mostly in silhouette and look badass while doing it. We should barely see the suit enough to even know what it's made of. But still, I think there's a huge story opportunity to remind us of his humanity and the fragility of even our most elite humans in comparison to Superman and the world of superpowered beings he's brought with him. Thematically this seems like a very interesting thing to explore.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
B:TAS
The Bat

I definitely think the cape should be able to wrap all the way around him.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #8
whoa123
Side-Kick

So this is my take on how the suit would look like in MOS 2, yes it the same suit in Arkham Origins but in this image that I did I added some textures on the suit so as to make it look like kevlar/fabric with seams. So there you have it, hope you guys like it!

He is walking in this image btw.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
Harrier
Side-Kick

Any suit that has the awful neck restriction keeping Batman from turning his head should be a non-starter.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
roach
I am the night

They managed to have the one piece cowl in Nite Owl and he could turn his head

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

I guess I just feel that the more and more they tamper with these costumes, the less mythical they become. Now Superman doesn't have his own costume, it's his native alien garb. Now Batman doesn't have his own costume, he wears armor.

These superheroes are becoming less and less "super".

Old 11-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
roach
I am the night

it's like they have to explain why someone would dress up like a superhero.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
I guess I just feel that the more and more they tamper with these costumes, the less mythical they become. Now Superman doesn't have his own costume, it's his native alien garb. Now Batman doesn't have his own costume, he wears armor.

These superheroes are becoming less and less "super".
What does that mean? Batman's costume and armor aren't things that are opposed to each other, they've always been connected from day 1.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

It has to do with trying to keep things realistic. Which still makes no sense in the context of Batman because the comic suit is still more realistic than any of the suits used in live-action so far.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
What does that mean? Batman's costume and armor aren't things that are opposed to each other, they've always been connected from day 1.
Eh I think they kind of are. I'm not against the idea of Batman maybe having to wear some type of bulletproof material under his fabric but the idea of him going all out in a full blown armored suit undermines who and what he is.

He's Batman. He doesn't need armor.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Eh I think they kind of are. I'm not against the idea of Batman maybe having to wear some type of bulletproof material under his fabric but the idea of him going all out in a full blown armored suit undermines who and what he is.

He's Batman. He doesn't need armor.
As I've mentioned batman has always worn armor so yeah I kinda think he needs it.

Also the debate over armor appearing or not is negligible. Batman operates in the shadows criminals aren't supposed to be getting great views of him or what not. Also just because he's wearing fabric over his armor wouldn't necessarily make criminals assume he's wearing no armor at all? Do people really assume all cops who wear their vests under their shirts are totally armorless?

Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Ugh you're overthinking it. It has nothing to do with the logistics or any underlying logic.

Batman doesn't need to wear armor. It's that simple to me.

He's Batman.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #18
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

After reading Noel and playing as the suit in Arkham Origins, would love that on the big screen.

Remember, Snyder is a fanboy. I still think we are getting a suit influenced by Alex Ross or Jim Lee's design.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #19
B:TAS
The Bat

I think Batman should wear light armor, but nothing more, nothing to restrict his movements too much, Batman showing up to battle in heavy armor is like Usaine Bolt showing up to a race in jeans and slippers.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #20
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ugh you're overthinking it. It has nothing to do with the logistics or any underlying logic.

Batman doesn't need to wear armor. It's that simple to me.

He's Batman.
I just don't think that makes much sense. Once again, it doesn't have to overtly appear to be armor, but he would be an idiot not to have some sort of protection on the offchance he gets stabbed or shot. I think they'll strike a good balance in this film's design.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I just don't think that makes much sense. Once again, it doesn't have to overtly appear to be armor, but he would be an idiot not to have some sort of protection on the offchance he gets stabbed or shot. I think they'll strike a good balance in this film's design.
this is the thinking that is questionable IMO. No other superhero has to deal with real world consequences…Cap fought in a war and didn't feel the need to be armored up. Hawkeye is an agent of shield…is he not in danger of being shot or stabbed…same for Black Widow.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #22
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Less bulky Arkham suit, I think...

http://adam-brown.deviantart.com/art...Croc-404530183

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 11-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #23
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Less bulky Arkham suit, I think...

http://adam-brown.deviantart.com/art...Croc-404530183

Seconded

Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Roach - And personally I thought that immediately limited the stakes as it was clear there would never be any danger for them. Just because other comic movies seem to not use the idea of vulnerability to their advantage doesn't mean batman should be limited in the same way. Characterwise, I just don't buy that Bruce wouldn't choose to wear armor.

Beyond that, I personally have just preferred the armored look for batman - the origins suit has got to be my favorite version, and the comics originally really used the 'fabric' look out of simplicity of drawing and printing, not really for an aesthetic reason. Its also just a medium that it works in very well, but I have yet to see a live action version where a fabric suit works. In any case, I'd personally like to not see his suit much anyways, with his cape draped over his suit and shadowed in darkness. Like I said, I think they'll find a good balance of both given Snyder's affinity for the world of comics.

Last edited by TheBat812; 11-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Roach - And personally I thought that immediately limited the stakes as it was clear there would never be any danger for them. Just because other comic movies seem to not use the idea of vulnerability to their advantage doesn't mean batman should be limited in the same way. Characterwise, I just don't buy that Bruce wouldn't choose to wear armor.

Because the purpose of the bat motif is to scare criminals so they don't shoot or stab him

Beyond that, I personally have just preferred the armored look for batman - the origins suit has got to be my favorite version, and the comics originally really used the 'fabric' look out of simplicity of drawing and printing, not really for an aesthetic reason. Its also just a medium that it works in very well, but I have yet to see a live action version where a fabric suit works. In any case, I'd personally like to not see his suit much anyways, with his cape draped over his suit and shadowed in darkness. Like I said, I think they'll find a good balance of both given Snyder's affinity for the world of comics.
to be honest we really haven't seen a fabric bat suit

Closed Thread