The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Rate the Movie
10 2 5.71%
9 9 25.71%
8 12 34.29%
7 7 20.00%
6 3 8.57%
5 1 2.86%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #76
GremlinZilla89
Mogwai Healer
 
GremlinZilla89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,387
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
If the humor is overused and is inserted in scenes that should be serious, it kills tension and that IS an issue. IM 3 had this issue in places.
I saw nothing in the film that 95% of action blockbuster with comedy don't have.

GremlinZilla89 is online now  
Old 11-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #77
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,914
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Again, humour is execution dependent. I don't know why IM3 keeps being brought up, the humour in that film was hit and miss. There's nothing wrong with having humour, but it should be in the context of the film not thrown in just for the sake of laughs. I don't have much problem with the humour personally, but there were times it really killed the tension. There comes a point where it can ruin movies because it means the film isn't taking itself seriously.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #78
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,129
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Again, humour is execution dependent. I don't know why IM3 keeps being brought up, the humour in that film was hit and miss. There's nothing wrong with having humour, but it should be in the context of the film not thrown in just for the sake of laughs. I don't have much problem with the humour personally, but there were times it really killed the tension. There comes a point where it can ruin movies because it means the film isn't taking itself seriously.
But would you say the humor "harmed" the film overal as some are insinuating?

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #79
TTFN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 126
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Humor doesn't ruin this movie. I don't see how anyone can walk away saying so. Are there a couple of places where you'd prefer it not to be, yeah. But ruin is a big word and even when I was like WTF it didn't make me leave the theater saying ASSHATS YOU RUINED THOR! I walked out thinking yeah, he's bad ass and I can't wait for TA2 and Thor 3. Of course I love Thor so maybe I'm biased. LOL

TTFN is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #80
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,129
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFN View Post
Humor doesn't ruin this movie. I don't see how anyone can walk away saying so. Are there a couple of places where you'd prefer it not to be, yeah. But ruin is a big word and even when I was like WTF it didn't make me leave the theater saying ASSHATS YOU RUINED THOR! I walked out thinking yeah, he's bad ass and I can't wait for TA2 and Thor 3. Of course I love Thor so maybe I'm biased. LOL
Have you wrote your review of the film yet? If so point me to it I can",'t wait to see what you think.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #81
RiXi
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mexico
Posts: 156
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Just saw the movie. Best CBM of the year, IMO.
That final scene was crazy.

RiXi is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #82
TTFN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 126
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Have you wrote your review of the film yet? If so point me to it I can",'t wait to see what you think.

No I didn't write a review per se. I'm not eloquent enough for that nor do I have the time. LOL I will say this...my audience didn't laugh any more than they did for the first Thor. I do think there were at least 2 places where the humor was too quick but it never left me feeling like the movie was hurt by trying too hard. I do think editing was an issue but not enough to limit enjoying this film.

BigThor I've seen you here enough to know that I think you're gonna be happy with this movie. Will you want it to give birth to your children, no. Will you be happy marrying it, yes. LOL IMO Thor comes out looking like a boss. End of story.

TTFN is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #83
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,129
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXi View Post
Just saw the movie. Best CBM of the year, IMO.
That final scene was crazy.
Awesome glad to hear that RiXi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFN View Post
No I didn't write a review per se. I'm not eloquent enough for that nor do I have the time. LOL I will say this...my audience didn't laugh any more than they did for the first Thor. I do think there were at least 2 places where the humor was too quick but it never left me feeling like the movie was hurt by trying too hard. I do think editing was an issue but not enough to limit enjoying this film.

BigThor I've seen you here enough to know that I think you're gonna be happy with this movie. Will you want it to give birth to your children, no. Will you be happy marrying it, yes. LOL IMO Thor comes out looking like a boss. End of story.
So I wouldn't want it to give birth to my children but I'd marry it? Lmao that doesn't make much sense.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #84
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,914
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
But would you say the humor "harmed" the film overal as some are insinuating?
I can't speak for others however I can understand where others may be coming from. The last act of the film is kinda where it feels the most out of place, seriousness gets offset by some eye rolling goofiness. Frankly if people have issues with the humour I think it comes back to the first act of the film being choppy with mishandled plot points. Ultimately some pretty serious things happen that are glossed over from Act 2 onwards. The irony I think is that had the humour not been present the film would have been a lot worse because it kinda covers the flaws in the story.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #85
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,374
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Once again BigThor is continuing his tradition of slamming members who have a negative response to the film. But when a poster gives a positive comment about the film, he would be all smiles and positivity.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #86
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I can't speak for others however I can understand where others may be coming from. The last act of the film is kinda where it feels the most out of place, seriousness gets offset by some eye rolling goofiness. Frankly if people have issues with the humour I think it comes back to the first act of the film being choppy with mishandled plot points. Ultimately some pretty serious things happen that are glossed over from Act 2 onwards. The irony I think is that had the humour not been present the film would have been a lot worse because it kinda covers the flaws in the story.
Could you elaborate?

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #87
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,160
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Honestly, even though I haven't seen the film yet, I haven't heard much about what Thor's own personal journey in this film is other than reconciling his relationship with Loki (well from his POV anyways) and exploring his relationship with Jane.

I mean, does he have his own personal arc that doesn't involve either of those two like how Tony had his issues regarding learning to live without depending on his suits?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #88
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,914
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Could you elaborate?
What would you like elaborated?

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #89
tay1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

What other issues can Thor possibly have at this point?

He has Mjolnir, he's going to become king, and he can fly. What other arc are you expecting at this point?

tay1 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #90
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,160
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay1 View Post
What other issues can Thor possibly have at this point?

He has Mjolnir, he's going to become king, and he can fly. What other arc are you expecting at this point?
Well the impression that I got earlier on was that Thor would be questioning if being King for Asgard would be all that great like he once believed it to be due to how the position can force him to make potential immoral decisions in order to serve the so called greater good, etc.

Heck, another arc that I was hoping to hear more about would be him being torn between wanting to stay and protect Earth more and not be on asgard as much, etc...maybe even a bit war weary and wondering if there's ever an end.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #91
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, even though I haven't seen the film yet, I haven't heard much about what Thor's own personal journey in this film is other than reconciling his relationship with Loki (well from his POV anyways) and exploring his relationship with Jane.

I mean, does he have his own personal arc that doesn't involve either of those two like how Tony had his issues regarding learning to live without depending on his suits?
Honestly, you really should stay away from this thread prior to watching the movie.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He has somewhat of an arc. He goes from being a protector of Asgard who has ignored Jane for two years because he was busy fighting a lot of wars, to deciding to leave Asgard to go live on Earth with Jane at the end of the movie (in an after-the-credits scene). That is point A and point B. However, given that this is the arc, it makes little sense that point B would be after the credits, it's in fact the second after the credits scene. Also, it's point A and point B without much of a satisfying tether between the two in my opinion. He does lose a tether to Asgard since his mother dies. We also see that he has no attraction to Sif.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #92
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,374
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, even though I haven't seen the film yet, I haven't heard much about what Thor's own personal journey in this film is other than reconciling his relationship with Loki (well from his POV anyways) and exploring his relationship with Jane.

I mean, does he have his own personal arc that doesn't involve either of those two like how Tony had his issues regarding learning to live without depending on his suits?
I already brought this up in my review. In the first Thor movie, I felt like it was his journey from being a boy to a man. But in this 2nd Thor movie, I don't know what to say.

And I don't feel any huge connection between Thor/Jane in this movie unlike in the first one. Thor and Jane probably wouldn't have seen each other if it wasn't for that red smoke.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #93
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
What would you like elaborated?
You might have written a more complete review that I've missed ...

1) "Frankly if people have issues with the humour I think it comes back to the first act of the film being choppy with mishandled plot points. "
???? Would the astrophysicist streaking near stonehenge be funnier or forgiven if the first act was tighter?

2) "Ultimately some pretty serious things happen that are glossed over from Act 2 onwards."
Specifically.... the mother's death? Thor and Loki's escape? Heimdal's betrayal?

3) "The irony I think is that had the humour not been present the film would have been a lot worse because it kinda covers the flaws in the story."
You mean the points above?

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #94
tay1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 76
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well the impression that I got earlier on was that Thor would be questioning if being King for Asgard would be all that great like he once believed it to be due to how the position can force him to make potential immoral decisions in order to serve the so called greater good, etc.

Heck, another arc that I was hoping to hear more about would be him being torn between wanting to stay and protect Earth more and not be on asgard as much, etc...maybe even a bit war weary and wondering if there's ever an end.
I'm telling you now, that Thor's next big problem is going to be him dealing with Jane's death. She's going to die in Thor III, he's going to be all pissed, ****ing **** up and killing all sorts of monsters, and then he's going to miss most of Avengers III, then come in and cause all sorts of wreckage. Sif and Thor may spark up a relationship somewhere in between the lines.


Last edited by tay1; 11-03-2013 at 01:58 AM.
tay1 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #95
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,160
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Honestly, you really should stay away from this thread prior to watching the movie.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He has somewhat of an arc. He goes from being a protector of Asgard who has ignored Jane for two years because he was busy fighting a lot of wars, to deciding to leave Asgard to go live on Earth with Jane at the end of the movie (in an after-the-credits scene). That is point A and point B. However, given that this is the arc, it makes little sense that point B would be after the credits, it's in fact the second after the credits scene. Also, it's point A and point B without much of a satisfying tether between the two in my opinion. He does lose a tether to Asgard since his mother dies. We also see that he has no attraction to Sif.
Well, I pretty much have a good idea on what happens in the film from Point a to Point B....though, I'm surprised to hear that..

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
your impression was that thor going back to Earth in the last post credits scene was that he went there to live with Jane as opposed to just visiting her again since a lot of other people said that the scene just came off with him just visiting her...though with the given scene of Thor being in Earth clothes having been deleted from the film, maybe he did go to live there for awhile?


Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I already brought this up in my review. In the first Thor movie, I felt like it was his journey from being a boy to a man. But in this 2nd Thor movie, I don't know what to say.

And I don't feel any huge connection between Thor/Jane in this movie unlike in the first one. Thor and Jane probably wouldn't have seen each other if it wasn't for that red smoke.
From what I've heard as well, it seems like Earth wouldn't have seen Thor if it weren't for that Red Smoke as well, meaning that Thor would have missed out in the battle that the rest of the Earth Bound Avengers will have with Ultron within the near future.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #96
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,914
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
You might have written a more complete review that I've missed ...

1) "Frankly if people have issues with the humour I think it comes back to the first act of the film being choppy with mishandled plot points. "
???? Would the astrophysicist streaking near stonehenge be funnier or forgiven if the first act was tighter?
I'd probably say the scene could have been toned down and not played for laughs if there was a better first act in place. Sometimes humour is used as a defensive tool in order to cover weaknesses in story in the same way an action sequence is used. That's not to say the jokes can't be funny at the time, but it's not until afterwards you go 'hang on a second...'. However for some people the jokes don't work when they watch it, which I can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post

2) "Ultimately some pretty serious things happen that are glossed over from Act 2 onwards."
Specifically.... the mother's death? Thor and Loki's escape? Heimdal's betrayal?
Those, plus Sif's feeling about Thor, but specifically his mum's death. It's actually a good reason for Thor and Loki to go after Malekith from an emotional perspective, however there was no real Mother/Son relationship built up to that moment in this movie, or even in the previous film. The real relationship is Thor/Loki. As such there's never any sense of there being anything personal about Thor taking on Malekith, the humour toward the end of the film further dilutes that. I honestly forgot that his mum died in this movie by the time the finale came about because things started getting a little bit silly toward the end. The emotional stuff happened in the previous act with Loki.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
3) "The irony I think is that had the humour not been present the film would have been a lot worse because it kinda covers the flaws in the story."
You mean the points above?
Pretty much. If anything I actually think the humour works in the films favour, because if it was played straight faced the film would have been easy to pick apart. I'd go so far to say the reaction would be more Man of Steel like.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #97
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
But would you say the humor "harmed" the film overal as some are insinuating?
In the 2nd half of the picture, yeah.

 
Old 11-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #98
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Those, plus Sif's feeling about Thor, but specifically his mum's death. It's actually a good reason for Thor and Loki to go after Malekith from an emotional perspective, however there was no real Mother/Son relationship built up to that moment in this movie, or even in the previous film. The real relationship is Thor/Loki. As such there's never any sense of there being anything personal about Thor taking on Malekith, the humour toward the end of the film further dilutes that. I honestly forgot that his mum died in this movie by the time the finale came about because things started getting a little bit silly toward the end. The emotional stuff happened in the previous act with Loki.
Well, there's the personal issue of saving Jane but even that gets kind of forgotten about to an extent, once the film has Thor and Loki center staged together.

This film is a bridge film to get to the final showdown between Thor and Loki. Marvel had to just had to get to this ending, hoping many wouldn't really notice that this film doesn't really mean anything in the grande scheme of things. It should've meant something, considering what actually happens in the picture. But, the film is in such a rush to get to that ending that we don't get the true payoffs that the film really wants.

But again, the cast sells the hell out of this story, so that makes it really watchable, even with the misplaced humor.

 
Old 11-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #99
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I'd probably say the scene could have been toned down and not played for laughs if there was a better first act in place. Sometimes humour is used as a defensive tool in order to cover weaknesses in story in the same way an action sequence is used. That's not to say the jokes can't be funny at the time, but it's not until afterwards you go 'hang on a second...'. However for some people the jokes don't work when they watch it, which I can understand.

Those, plus Sif's feeling about Thor, but specifically his mum's death. It's actually a good reason for Thor and Loki to go after Malekith from an emotional perspective, however there was no real Mother/Son relationship built up to that moment in this movie, or even in the previous film. The real relationship is Thor/Loki. As such there's never any sense of there being anything personal about Thor taking on Malekith, the humour toward the end of the film further dilutes that. I honestly forgot that his mum died in this movie by the time the finale came about because things started getting a little bit silly toward the end. The emotional stuff happened in the previous act with Loki.
Thanks man. I didn't realise humour could be used as a defensive strategy to compensate for limitations, but now that you write it that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Pretty much. If anything I actually think the humour works in the films favour, because if it was played straight faced the film would have been easy to pick apart. I'd go so far to say the reaction would be more Man of Steel like.
Why is it that the humour in T:TDW succeeds in covering up for the film's failures, but the action shots in MoS do not succeed in covering up for that film's failure? We agree on many of the film's problems, yet it right now has an 83% critical rating and 88% audience rating on RT. As far as general reactions go, T:TDW is a much better movie. Is it that the underlying story is only nearly as bad and not as bad, or that the humour in T:TDW is better than the action in MoS?

Also, you're being kinder than I am, this is what I wrote on my review:

Thor 2: The Dark World is what one would get if Man of Steel and Chronicles of Riddick got together, ****ed, and then somehow made a baby that managed so synthesise the worst of both of them and none of the good.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #100
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Because the action in the 2nd half of Man of Steel is unrelenting. That film, as much as I love that damn thing to death, is a tale of two halves. With no real balance of levity within the second half of that picture, plus people's problems with the depiction of said action and the character of Superman, you can see why Man of Steel got the worse reviews.

I think Man of Steel is easily a better picture than The Dark World but it doesn't surprise me it's getting better reviewed. Marvel has the ball rolling and people like the tone of the Marvel films. They are family films. Pure entertainment.

 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.