The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #101
ImTheFlash
Side-Kick

Default Re: Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamingboy View Post
Okay, after hearing about the fact we have a Batman now (Affleck), I've been inspired to write a possible teaser trailer, with heavy nods to Jeph Loeb (hey, he helped inspire the Dark Knight trilogy and some of the Kansas scenes of Man of Steel, so why not this film?) and a bit to Dini/Timm:

We begin with LIGHTNESS, BRILLIANT WHITE. But then we hear a voice, a voice of THE MAN OF STEEL, SUPERMAN. We hear strains of Zimmer's MOS score.

SUPERMAN (v.o.)
The dream always begins the same...

RAPID CUT of stock footage of Jor-El and Lara, Krypton, the launch of Kal-El's ship, it going by the moon, the destruction of Krypton etc. from MOS, as Superman continues to voice-over it

SUPERMAN (v.o)
...My parents, sending me into space as their world died around them. Hope surviving in me...

Abrupt cut to utter blackness, the music stops, and as Zimmer's (presumably) new theme for BATMAN begins (a bit more heroic sounding than the Dark Knight themes, but still noticably dark and gritty), we hear the voice of THE BATMAN.

BATMAN (v.o)
The nightmare always begins the same....

Abrupt cut to footage of Batman's origin- perhaps it's specifically shot for the teaser, perhaps it is from a brief one-or-two minute "if you are one of the four people who don't know Batman's origin, here's the deal" sequence from the film- either way, we see some of those images: of a family leaving a theater, of a mugger, of a gunshot and pearls falling to the ground and a child wailing and then a Bat screeching, and through it all, Batman continues his voiceover:

BATMAN (v.o)
...My parents, dead at the hands of a gunman from the shadows. My childhood dying, a WAR beginning...

Now we cut to the light and the dark next to each other, as images and footage of the two heroes- both from the film, MOS and some select comics, play briefly as now the music weaves together and the two heroes speak alongside each other

SUPERMAN (v.o.) / BATMAN (v.o)
I was born with powers beyond those of other men... / I have honed my mind and body to be better than other men...

Slowly, the LOGOs of the two heroes begin to emerge, as the dual speech continues...

SUPERMAN (v.o) / BATMAN (v.o)
I need to use them to be a champion, an inspiration to the people of Earth... / I have become a legend, a myth, a bogeyman to the criminals of Gotham...

The LOGOS are now fully on the screen, separated by the line between light and darkness.

I will stand for truth, justice.../I am vengeance, I am the night...

The LOGOS COLLIDE, light and darkness merge and fracture alongside each other, the logo of the film now stands there, as the two heroes finish their speeches and the music crescendos:

I'm Superman! / I am Batman!

CUT TO the release date of July 17, 2015, and then, before the standard showing of credits that they show at the end of trailers, we get a quick 2 second look at the two heroes looking at each other, meeting face to face for the first time.... and then credits... and then... BLACK.

Dude, you need to be a part of this movie. No joke.

ImTheFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #102
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Okay, after hearing about the fact we have a Batman now (Affleck), I've been inspired to write a possible teaser trailer, with heavy nods to Jeph Loeb (hey, he helped inspire the Dark Knight trilogy and some of the Kansas scenes of Man of Steel, so why not this film?) and a bit to Dini/Timm:

We begin with LIGHTNESS, BRILLIANT WHITE. But then we hear a voice, a voice of THE MAN OF STEEL, SUPERMAN. We hear strains of Zimmer's MOS score.

SUPERMAN (v.o.)

RAPID CUT of stock footage of Jor-El and Lara, Krypton, the launch of Kal-El's ship, it going by the moon, the destruction of Krypton etc. from MOS, as Superman continues to voice-over it

SUPERMAN (v.o)
...My parents, sending me into space as their world died around them. Hope surviving in me...

Abrupt cut to utter blackness, the music stops, and as Zimmer's (presumably) new theme for BATMAN begins (a bit more heroic sounding than the Dark Knight themes, but still noticably dark and gritty), we hear the voice of THE BATMAN.

BATMAN (v.o)

Abrupt cut to footage of Batman's origin- perhaps it's specifically shot for the teaser, perhaps it is from a brief one-or-two minute "if you are one of the four people who don't know Batman's origin, here's the deal" sequence from the film- either way, we see some of those images: of a family leaving a theater, of a mugger, of a gunshot and pearls falling to the ground and a child wailing and then a Bat screeching, and through it all, Batman continues his voiceover:

BATMAN (v.o)
...My parents, dead at the hands of a gunman from the shadows. My childhood dying, a WAR beginning...

Now we cut to the light and the dark next to each other, as images and footage of the two heroes- both from the film, MOS and some select comics, play briefly as now the music weaves together and the two heroes speak alongside each other

I was born with powers beyond those of other men... / I have honed my mind and body to be better than other men...

Slowly, the LOGOs of the two heroes begin to emerge, as the dual speech continues...

I need to use them to be a champion, an inspiration to the people of Earth... / I have become a legend, a myth, a bogeyman to the criminals of Gotham...

The LOGOS are now fully on the screen, separated by the line between light and darkness.

The LOGOS COLLIDE, light and darkness merge and fracture alongside each other, the logo of the film now stands there, as the two heroes finish their speeches and the music crescendos:

CUT TO the release date of July 17, 2015, and then, before the standard showing of credits that they show at the end of trailers, we get a quick 2 second look at the two heroes looking at each other, meeting face to face for the first time.... and then credits... and then... BLACK.

Dude I love this.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #103
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #104
kguillou
Side-Kick

Well done Gamingboy! I feel like this is easily going to be the biggest most watched trailer of 2014 and thats saying something Avengers 2 and Star Wars trailers likely to debut next year too.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #105
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

I've got two more I'm working on/have sloshing around in my head: One is the first meeting of Batman and Superman, the other involves Lex, Corben and Kryptonite.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #106
TheNecessaryEvi

Yeah it sucks pretty bad. My idea for a portion of the finale.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
THE TOP OF LEXCORP

Batman is fighting hard with a huge muscular man- but he's getting his a** kicked. Batman, having been dominant in every other part of the movie, is being thrown around.

BATMAN- "You can't win, Corben!"

He manages to latch on to Corben's arm, and twists to break it. But nothing happens- their is a ripping noise. Corben manages to jerk his arm, sending Batman flying. He looks down in his hands, and is shocked to see he's holding the skin of Corben's arm.

"What the-"

He's cut off by a han lifting him up- not just a regular hand, a metallic one.

"I a Metallo, built to destroy Superman. You are an annoyance, and will be destroyed."

CUT TO- The skies of Metropolis; Superman is being tossed around by Lex Luthor, who is encased in armor, the knuckles embedded with Kryptonite.

"You know, Clark..." Lex begins, his next punch busting Superman's lip. "I think it's about time we ended this."

Lex presses a button on his forearm, and a shiny silver blade, its wickedly sharp tip made of Kryptonite, ejects. He raises his arm, prepared for the killing strike.

"You are right Lex.... it is time we ended this!" says Clark, using the last of his strength to stab his fingers into the sides of the green armor, and push down, their descent beginning.....

CUT TO- Batman is still being beaten by Metallo.

Metallo grasps the top of Batman's head and his throat. He is about to snap the Bat's neck, when suddenly...

THE BATWING swoops in, guns blazing. Metallo's grip loosens, and the robot falls to the ground. Batman stands up, spitting our blood.

"A little late Alfred."

"Sorry, Master Wayne.... you are all the way in Metropolis."

Batman smirks. "Thanks nonetheless."

CUT TO- The Metropolis beach. Lex and Superman crash in, throwing up huge amounts of sand.

Superman is facedown in the crater, breathing heavily, his eyes fluttering.

Lex is a few feet away, the green Kryptonite core blinking, powering down.
Much to the Man of Steel's horror, Lex rises, slowly, but with determination. The Kryptonite bade is still out, and Luthor is about to drive it into the Kryptonian's heart.

A huge boom erupts, and Lex is pushed back, over the water, until finally falling under, far away.

"The deal's off, Baldy." Says a voice- sinister, dark, but with a tinge of humor. A horrible laugh sounds off. Still one more obstacle left.

The Joker picks up the Kryptonite blade which laid amidst the wrecked pieces of armor Lex had left behind.

TheNecessaryEvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #107
smallville fan
Hero

I've thought about how they could use elements from TDKReturns in the film. Then I thought, what if they reversed the roles between Batman Superman?

In my mind, it would play out something like this, in TDKReturns, you have Superman who's on the omniscient higher authority antagonist's(US Government's) speed-dial and beck and call while old Batman is the upstart making a name for himself in Gotham and we know how that story goes. In my mind, for the movie it would still have something like that happening, but differently. Superman's the upstart making a name for himself in Metropolis doing the whole "Truth, Justice & The American Way" thing and just being Superman, stopping crime, left right and center and helping workers rebuild Metropolis, and just generally helping people, heck throw in a scene of saving a cat from a tree or helping an old woman cross the street haha. Of course people are somehow warming up to him(for argument's sake let's say the damage to Metropolis wasn't as bad as we thought it was and more people are actually left displaced rather than killed) and the Daily Planet writing glowing reports about Superman. Of course not everyone's happy about the alien, here we introduce Lex Luthor, who takes the place of the US Government as the omniscient higher authority from TDKReturns.

Luthor doesn't like what he sees and feels Superman upstages him at every corner(perhaps show him flipping through the latest issue of the Daily Planet where Superman is pages 1-5 while Luthor's page 10 lol). Luthor flips out and decides to concot his plan to take own the Man of Steel by first framing him for a crime he didn't commit, preferably murder(ala Public Enemies) and of course Superman goes on the run trying to prove his innocence as seen in the comic/animated movie, Lois could help here if she wants. Since no known police can actually take someone like Superman in, Lex uses his connections to a friend in Gotham City(Jim Gordon) who in turn calls in the people's superhero Batman, who supposedly handles an assortment of freaks like this on a daily basis.

The movie becomes pretty much a cat and mouse game between Superman & Batman culminating in a fight in Gotham's Crime Alley ala TDKReturns. So Batman then uses an assortment of different gadgets and traps to stall Superman and then of course releases the Kryptonite(Here Batman would just call it "radioactive meteor rock which simulates your home turf". Batman, being smart could make some analogy to how we are different in other planets like how when Astronauts go to the moon they become weightless etc and reasoned that materials from your home world must soften you up or something). Then Batman grabs and throws Superman through an adjacent nearby building and then a section of it collapses and is about to fall on a mother, father and an 8 year old boy. Superman sees this and with a final burst of his heat vision destroys it into debris ala Superman Returns. Batman looks on and is stunned and horrified about what he nearly did and realises that Superman is not the bad guy. Then the sun comes up and shines on Superman.(Think of it as a form of symbolism, that the night had its fun and now is the light's turn to
take over). Superman uses a burst of speed and swoops down on Batman.(On a side note, the Kryptonite ran out and is out of Superman's system).

*Superman grabs Batman by the throat*

Superman: "Did you realise what you just nearly did?!"
Batman(gasps):"I needed to neutralize you. You scare people, you think you are high and mighty and above the law taking lives as you please, you are no God!"
Superman:"You're one to talk with what you nearly did there!"
Superman:"I want you to remember...Bruce Wayne"
*Batman's eyes widen in horror that Superman knew who he was this whole time*
Superman: "I want you to remember this symbol Bruce, it means hope. My father sent me here for a reason: to be a symbol of hope for tommorow and every day after that in all the years to come. I'm not here to rule over you or act as judge, jury, executioner. I know that now, from first hand, I want you to remember Bruce, I will never kneel before evil."
Superman: "My purpose in life is to protect life and fight for Truth, Justice and the Right Way. If lives are in danger, I want you to remember that I will always inspire hope."
Batman: "I know that now."
*Superman releases Batman*
Superman: "Fight's over"
Batman: "Luthor..."
Superman:"What?"
Batman:"It's Luthor, he did it"

Now Superman and Batman go and team up and defeat Lex Luthor, and then give the film a good closing point for Superman and Batman for them to create the JL.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #108
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Setup: Batman is investigating a secret smuggling operation at the Gotham Harbor en route to Metropolis. It's being funded by Luthor and involves Bruno Mannheim's protection. What Batman doesn't know is that these shipments contain fragments and shards of Kryptonite that have covertly been recovered from the bottom of Gotham Bay by Lexcorp.

Setting: The Batcave.

---------------------------------------------------

Batman: What makes matters even more interesting is the fact that Intergang are overseeing this little soirée. They're all bona fide thugs and murderers, with the police records and other intel I've gathered over months of surveillance to prove it. Using and harboring advanced weapons technology. Which, by the way Alfred, I've researched as well. That weaponry can't be found anywhere else on Earth that I know of...alien in nature.

Alfred: Perhaps the weapons are a product of Lexcorp, sir.

Batman: Perhaps. Lex has been reaching new heights with his creations ever since scavenging the Kryptonian technology left behind from the disaster. But I can't help but think that this particular technology is out of his league. Out of anyone's league on this planet, really...all except for him.

Alfred: Him?

Batman: The Kryptonian.

Alfred: Ah, yes, the Kryptonian. Superman, they're calling him. Seems like a fine enough chap to me. Without him, the attack on Metropolis would've been drastically more severe. He saved a lot of lives that day.

Batman: And with him, everyone in that city is afraid to step out their homes. You can't possibly be doing this right now, old man.

Alfred: Damn right I am. He's given those Metropolites hope, Bruce. The sorrows of the past are behind them and they're now looking to brighter days. After all, it was Superman who stopped the rogue Kryptonians.

Batman: With murder. He put an end to his own kind. Imagine what he'd do to us humans.

Alfred: With justice. He did what he had to do, there was no prison that could hold General Zod. And for someone who stands a chance of obliterating the human species, he seems astonishingly concerned with our well-being. You saw the news coverage.

Batman: Murder isn't justice, Alfred. I'm Justice...besides, the news puts on a dog and pony show to put the public at ease from time to time. Sensationalists and manipulators of the media. They can't be completely trusted. Superman seems suspiciously concerned with our well-being. Too concerned; like a room that's too quiet. It's unsettling. Who's side are you on, anyway?

Alfred: I'll always be in your corner, Bruce, but you have to realize this isn't about sides. You and Superman are two sides of the same coin, you just have different methods. If you weren't so intelligent, I'd think that these conspiracy theories were rotting your brain and driving you to self-induced solitary confinement.

Batman: Solitary confinement would imply that I was imprisoned.

Alfred: Aren't you? Face the truth, you're chained here. To this cave of yours, relentlessly toiling away all day and night.

Batman: Not chained, Alfred. Focused. Prepared.

Alfred: Not that blasted "P" word again. I think it's your favorite one starting with a "P"...either that or Paranoia. Been awake for five days straight, haven't you? Preparing for this night. Just how do you plan on intervening in this smuggling operation, anyway?

Batman: First, I'm going to find out what Lex is keeping in those crates. Then I'm having a personal man-to-bat talk with Bruno "Ugly" Mannheim; Intergang's unfearless leader. He'll bleed information on Luthor and his dirty dealings under the table. This all ends tonight, it's time to take out the garbage.

Alfred: Just be careful out there, Bruce. I hear Mannheim can be quite the devil.

Batman: Which is why you send a demon like me after him, Alfred. I eat scum like Mannheim for breakfast.

Alfred: Can't imagine that leaves a great taste in the mouth, sir. Speaking of which, breakfast is in the AM...just be here, all right?

Batman: Right. I'll be back before the sun is up. You know how I like my eggs.

Alfred: The same way you like your criminals. Scrambled.

Batman: You know me too well.

Alfred: I've been your butler for all your life, sir. Comes naturally. Besides, we both know sunny-side up wouldn't agree with your persona. Good luck.

Batman: Don't need luck, Alfred. Superstition is a gateway to fear. Let the cowardly criminals wallow in it...but I really do appreciate it, old man.

Alfred: Anytime, Batman. Now go out there and kick some ass.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 09-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #109
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:

SUPERMAN (v.o.)

SUPERMAN (v.o)

BATMAN (v.o)

BATMAN (v.o)

If you're going to use the opening sequence of Loeb's Superman/Batman you should use the whole sequence, it's too good to cut short.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #110
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

Not going to post anything lengthy. All I want to see is an extended scene from multiple human perspectives (globally televised event) over a 100 to 300 mile radius where an angry Superman is involved in a violent brawl with 2-3 enemies/robots. I want the blows being thrown to hurt the ears of humans (sonic booms as loud when one of our spaceships re-enter our atmosphere) and sound like loud thunder right above their heads. Have terrified humans desperately trying to follow the fight but all they see is tons of blur or nothing at all. Lastly I want Superman to go ape-sh** like he really intends to endanger every living thing on earth but he stops himself at the last minute.

Isearch4dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #111
Sex
Side-Kick

Batman: Hello Alfred.
Alfred: Good afternoon master Bruce.

Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #112
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sex View Post
Batman: Hello Alfred.
Alfred: Good afternoon master Bruce.
Short but sweet.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #113
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Batman (to Superman) - 'They look up to you, worship you even, but in my eyes you're nothing more than a murderer'

Superman - 'I had no choice'

Batman - 'You ALWAYS have choice, that's what seperates us from them'

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #114
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

Superman: I never got the chance to thank you

Batman: (In Bale Voice) You'll never have too

Roll Credits

DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #115
Imjenn
Subvisser 32

I haven't read everything in this thread yet, but I wanted to get my idea down before the inspiration goes. I apologize if it's a copycat of any ideas.

It's night, Lex Luthor's office. He's at his desk, with huge floor-ceiling windows behind him. He leans down to pick up a dropped pen, and we see Superman floating behind the window.

He knocks gently, but with fury in his eyes. Lex smiles at the without turning around first, and then opens the window.

"Well well, if isn't Big Blue himself." Lex smiles and sits down. "Have a seat. Would you like a drink? Cigar?" He smirks as he lights his own cigar and puts his feet up on the desk.

"You know why I'm here Luthor. Don't bother with the small talk. Tell me what you're doing!?" Superman asks with barely contained rage. His fists clench continuously as he speaks.

"Sorry buddy, but I'm not in the interest of sharing secrets. Bad for business, you know." Lex pulls his feet down and puts both hands on his desk. "Now, if you don't have anything else to discuss, I'd ask you to leave. I'm a busy man you know. Lexcorp is getting into the mining business, as you know, and I'm needed in South America."

Superman zips forward, with his superspeed and is standing in front of Luthor before he can stand up. His eyes glow with a hint of red for a second, but he composes himself.

"This is bigger than that Lex. You don't understand. Do you even know what's down there?" Superman says, fighting to keep his voice at a normal level.

"Superman, please, I always know exactly what I'm doing. Now, if you don't leave, I'll have to have you arrested for trespassing. Please, close the window as you leave." Lex smirks and walks out of the room. Superman, frustrated, smashes his fist through Lex's desk on accident.

"You need to learn a few things about interrogation." A voice speaks up from the corner as a pair of black boots walk out, the light striking upon a bat symbol.

Imjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #116
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

More what I'd like from a scene.

Basically. I would like to see a scene where Batman is willing to sacrifice himself to save Superman, after Superman first does the same for him.

Batman would be like, "The world needs you more than it does me."

Later on, Superman would respond with, "You were wrong. The world needs the both of us."

That would be nice

Old 11-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #117
Imjenn
Subvisser 32

Rodrigo90, that sounds like a great idea, and very fitting to both characters

Imjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #118
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Here's a smaller one, a kind of post-adventure breakdown:

SCENE: Lex Luthor's pimped out office. Lex is busy answering a phone call, obviously irritated and annoyed. Bruce Wayne, on the other hand, is chill-axing on Luthor's couch, and making eyes at the overly stoic Mercy.

LUTHOR: Tell Hamilton if he leaves we'll cut his pension. (Pause) Tell him we'll seize his work, proprietary corporate ownership and all that. (Pause) Oh, for-. Huh. Just see if you can stop him.

LUTHOR hangs up.

BRUCE: Everything cool, man?

LUTHOR: Mostly, yes. Unfortunately, one of my top scientists is attempting to resign, claiming he doesn't trust the financial viability of this company in the wake of the second alien spaceship to attack this city. (Deadpan) I don't see why. We only lost 125 million.

BRUCE: Really?

LUTHOR: General Eiling was very forthcoming with all sorts of funds from rather shady sources. His arrest throws all that into the light, but what's spent is spent. And I've made LexCorp's policy minimum investment for maximum profit, unlike you Wayne Enterprises. (Seeming helpful) If your company needs any help, I'd be glad to....

BRUCE: (Huge Smile) We're fine, dude. We're insured!

LUTHOR: (Incredulous) You're ensured for some masked freak sabotaging your satellites and crashing it down on two aliens capable of tearing apart an entire city?

BRUCE: Well, yeah. Two aliens wrecked up our satellite a year ago, if you remember, and two more things. I live in Gotham. I'm working in Metropolis. Got to know the territory, man.

LUTHOR: (Extremely displeased) There's only one insurance company in the world that offers coverage for alien attack in Metropolis.

BRUCE: Yeahhhh..... LexSafe. Sorry, man.

LUTHOR: Well, at least it's not all bad news. With Superman's unfortunate disappearance, and that vigilante's death, maybe things will start returning to normal around here.

BRUCE: (Looking behind Luthor) ....Whoa.

LUTHOR pauses, grimaces, then slowly turns around to see SUPERMAN floating behind him. Completely unsurprised, Luthor glares at Superman. Mercy strides forward, but Luthor calls her off with a gesture.

LUTHOR: Well, speak of the devil. It's good to see you Superman.

Silence.

LUTHOR: Would you like to come in?

Silence.

LUTHOR: (Looking around at the city, walking forward a bit and refusing to look up at Superman) This city owes you a debt of gratitude, yet again...alien. I know what that's like. They'll look up to you and praise you as long as you seem unbeatable, immortal, and pure in your purpose. But let's be honest. No hero soars forever. Someday, they're going to look up here, and see one of us has fallen, and that's going to be a day everyone remembers, for better or for worse. It ought to be interesting to see which of us falls first.

SUPERMAN: Yes. It will. I'll be watching out for you...Lex.

LUTHOR: (giving Superman a casual glance) Luthor, if you please.

SUPERMAN: Hm. Have a nice day, Lex. And if you ever need to know where to look for me, just look up.

SUPERMAN flies off, Luthor glares daggers at him, and BRUCE starts laughing. It's a little creepy. LUTHOR and HOPE both look at him.

BRUCE: Sorry, man. He's just...really cool.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #119
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Here's a smaller one, a kind of post-adventure breakdown:

SCENE: Lex Luthor's pimped out office. Lex is busy answering a phone call, obviously irritated and annoyed. Bruce Wayne, on the other hand, is chill-axing on Luthor's couch, and making eyes at the overly stoic Mercy.

LUTHOR: Tell Hamilton if he leaves we'll cut his pension. (Pause) Tell him we'll seize his work, proprietary corporate ownership and all that. (Pause) Oh, for-. Huh. Just see if you can stop him.

LUTHOR hangs up.

BRUCE: Everything cool, man?

LUTHOR: Mostly, yes. Unfortunately, one of my top scientists is attempting to resign, claiming he doesn't trust the financial viability of this company in the wake of the second alien spaceship to attack this city. (Deadpan) I don't see why. We only lost 125 million.

BRUCE: Really?

LUTHOR: General Eiling was very forthcoming with all sorts of funds from rather shady sources. His arrest throws all that into the light, but what's spent is spent. And I've made LexCorp's policy minimum investment for maximum profit, unlike you Wayne Enterprises. (Seeming helpful) If your company needs any help, I'd be glad to....

BRUCE: (Huge Smile) We're fine, dude. We're insured!

LUTHOR: (Incredulous) You're ensured for some masked freak sabotaging your satellites and crashing it down on two aliens capable of tearing apart an entire city?

BRUCE: Well, yeah. Two aliens wrecked up our satellite a year ago, if you remember, and two more things. I live in Gotham. I'm working in Metropolis. Got to know the territory, man.

LUTHOR: (Extremely displeased) There's only one insurance company in the world that offers coverage for alien attack in Metropolis.

BRUCE: Yeahhhh..... LexSafe. Sorry, man.

LUTHOR: Well, at least it's not all bad news. With Superman's unfortunate disappearance, and that vigilante's death, maybe things will start returning to normal around here.

BRUCE: (Looking behind Luthor) ....Whoa.

LUTHOR pauses, grimaces, then slowly turns around to see SUPERMAN floating behind him. Completely unsurprised, Luthor glares at Superman. Mercy strides forward, but Luthor calls her off with a gesture.

LUTHOR: Well, speak of the devil. It's good to see you Superman.

Silence.

LUTHOR: Would you like to come in?

Silence.

LUTHOR: (Looking around at the city, walking forward a bit and refusing to look up at Superman) This city owes you a debt of gratitude, yet again...alien. I know what that's like. They'll look up to you and praise you as long as you seem unbeatable, immortal, and pure in your purpose. But let's be honest. No hero soars forever. Someday, they're going to look up here, and see one of us has fallen, and that's going to be a day everyone remembers, for better or for worse. It ought to be interesting to see which of us falls first.

SUPERMAN: Yes. It will. I'll be watching out for you...Lex.

LUTHOR: (giving Superman a casual glance) Luthor, if you please.

SUPERMAN: Hm. Have a nice day, Lex. And if you ever need to know where to look for me, just look up.

SUPERMAN flies off, Luthor glares daggers at him, and BRUCE starts laughing. It's a little creepy. LUTHOR and HOPE both look at him.

BRUCE: Sorry, man. He's just...really cool.
Bruce Wayne would never say stuff like that.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, #GiveUsMoreLegends
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #120
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

You do realize the Bruce Wayne he's writing is the playboy version?

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #121
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Not going to lie, my first stuff I wrote had Garret Hedlund playing Bruce Wayne and channeling a slightly more refined Dude in his mannerisms. Someone Luthor would immediately underestimate more out of an actual personality clash as opposed to just seeming like an idiot.

Plus, I like the idea of Bruce being a bit of a troll.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #122
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Superman; Word Bruce, waddup my O.G.?

Batman: Momma say, momma do.

Supes: Yeah....momma do.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #123
Alienous
Side-Kick

Borrowing from Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

We are presented with a Metropolis in the process of being rebuilt. Most infrastructure has been returned to the city, but the centre of the city is still cordoned off. Lex Luthor has sponsored the rebuilding of Metropolis, with Wayne Industries vying to help get the city back on its feet.

Lex Luthor is giving a speech about the dangers of Superman. We see quite a few supporters of Lex, people who have lost loved ones due to the events of Man of Steel. Clark is in the crowd with Lois, getting a first hand feeling of the anti-Superman fervor. Lex Luthor believes that Superman is a danger; a rogue vigilante who is extremely dangerous. Unlike Gotham, Metropolis doesn't need vigilante, he proclaims.

He receives a call from one of the LexCorp scientists. A strange fragment of a radioactive substance was found in the center of Metropolis. Lex Luthor finds it interesting, "it's a piece of Earth that appears to have been fully tereformed" he is told. Luthor and his team decide to investigate the Indian site, the other place that was subject to the world engine. As they travel closer to the site, they find strange plants. From the same planet as the invaders, and Superman, it seems. They have grown from the tereformed soil of Earth. They travel further, and the plants are dying ... as they travel closer to the tereformed area, more of the Kryptonian life is dead. In the center there is a green glow. The same as that of the shard found in Metropolis. A Geiger counter explodes after being pointed at it, "No, sir, it's dangerous. You can't ...". Luthor ignores this person, and picks up one of the pieces of Krypton. He waves it around, seeing the Kryptonian life around him shrink and almost reel in pain as he got closer. He tells his team to put it in a container, and fly it back to Metropolis. He keeps a slither for himself.

That night he is meeting Bruce Wayne for dinner. They celebrate a successful reconstructive project. Bruce is a scruffy looking gentleman, swaying as he seemingly has had too much to drink. Lex Luthor, being a genius, is aware of Bruce Wayne's dual life. Bruce Wayne seemingly knows that Lex Luthor knows his identity. The discussion shifts to Superman. "He's a vigilante Bruce ... a vigilante that kills". Bruce's eyes become more serious. "We can't have him policing the world. Who is he to decide who lives or dies? If he'll kill one of his own, imagine what he thinks of us. If he thinks of us. To him, it might be like stepping on an ant". "What do we do about it" Bruce says somberly. Lex Luthor reaches into his pocket, for a lead lined container. He hands Bruce the container. "Our scientists think that this could stop him. I think that it would be in our mutual best interests if he was stopped".

Batman goes out that night to attract Superman. He fires an IR signal into the air, which Superman picks up on immediately. Superman looks at Batman, confused. "Wait, you're that nut from Gotham. I can't have vigilantism in my town". "Your town?" Batman replies "You're unchecked. You're dangerous. And you're willing to kill. I can't let you operate like that". Superman flies slowly to Batman "I don't want to have to stop you ... Bruce Wayne?". "You peeked" Batman replies, pulling a glowing green rock from his pocket. Superman keels over in pain, and Batman gives him a solid punch. Superman drops to he's knees, trying to deflect Batman's gadgetry while clutching at his chest. "Declare your loyalties" Batman says to Superman, who is lying almost unconscious. "If you don't, I'll have to put you down myself"

Lex Luthor begins building an anti-Kryptonian robot. Fueled by the reserves of 'Kryptonite' found in India, it is designated Metallo.

Well, more stuff happens. Batman and Superman team up to stop Luthor and 'Metallo'.

Last edited by Alienous; 11-03-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Alienous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #124
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Superman; Word Bruce, waddup my O.G.?

Batman: Momma say, momma do.

Supes: Yeah....momma do.
For some reason, I found this funny.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #125
weezerspider
Side-Kick

int. war room day

Several high ranking military officials stand in a war room, watching several large television monitors. One shows news footage of GENERAL ZOD and SUPERMAN battling in Metropolis. Another shows LEX LUTHOR giving a speech with a headline below him. The headline reads: LUTHOR CALLS SUPERMAN A MENACE. GENERAL, three officers and VICE PRESIDENT stand around a war table. The general turns to the Vice President and hands him a stack of papers.

GENERAL

Well...

VICE PRESIDENT

(looking at the files)

Do you think Luthor is right?

General

Superman would be a near unstoppable threat if he decided to turn on America.

VICE PRESIDENT

Would he turn on America?

General

I don't know.

VICE PRESIDENT

(looks up from the files)

You never answered my first question. Do you think Luthor is right?

The General doesn't answer. He stands still for a moment, choosing his words wisely. Vice President looks at him, waiting for an answer.

General

Sir. I believe Luthor could be right...But I don't know for certain.

VICE PRESIDENT

(looks back down at the papers)

That doesn't help us General. It is true that Superman took out half of Metropolis in his war with Zod, is it not?

General

Yes sir, that is true.

VICE PRESIDENT

(looks up)

I know it is. I know a loose cannon when I see one and that (points at the screen) is a loose cannon. He's out of control there, with a complete disregard for any civilians.

General

With all due respect sir, without Superman, Zod would have succeeded and we'd all be dead.

VICE PRESIDENT

Yes and I'm thankful for that, but that doesn't mean he isn't a possible future threat to The United States. The U.S.S.R helped us defeat the goddamn Nazi's, but that didn't make them our allies after the war. Who's to say Superman won't do to us what he did to Zod.

General

Sounds like you don't need my advice on the situation sir.

VICE PRESIDENT

Yes, I guess you are correct, General. I've made up my mind and The President has made up his. We will immediately begin to prepare our troops for the threat known as Superman.

A young soldier in the room looks at the General and the Vice President confused.

Officer 1

But sir, you've seen what he does. He rips through buildings like they're paper. We have no way of stopping him.

Batman

I have a way of stopping him

BATMAN's voice startles the men as the turn to the corner of the war room. A figure appears from shadows, in black and dark grey armor. It is The Batman. Batman approaches the war room table.

General

Who the hell are you?

Batman

I'm Batman.

Officer 1

You're real!

GENERAL

What do you mean real?

Vice President

There's been an urban legend for years in Gotham City about a bat-like creature who hunts criminals and hands them his own vigilante-style justice. He's a nobody.

Batman

The White House has heard of me? I'm flattered.

VICE PRESIDENT

You're a vigilante. You've committed more crimes than the people you've harrassed and left bloody and beaten for the cops!

Batman

(ignoring Vice President)

I can stop Superman.

General

How?

Batman pulls a large, glowing, green rock out from his cape and drops it on the table.

Batman

With this.

VICE PRESIDENT

What the hell is that?

Batman

Some sort of debris from Superman's planet.

VICE PRESIDENT

How'd you get to that conclusion?

Batman looks over to the Vice President, annoyed.

Batman

I have my ways.

General

Why would something from his own planet harm him?

Batman

I'm not quite sure. However, I know it will harm him.

General

How can you be so sure?

Batman

Zod's ship. His machinery. It all harmed him. Almost killed him.

The General looks at Batman with a blank face.

Batman

I read it in your files.

General

How'd you-

Batman

(ignoring The General)

This rock will have the same effect.

VICE PRESIDENT

Enough of this ****! We can't trust you. You're a lunitic in a mask. For all we know, you made all of this up! There's no way any one man could have discovered all of this.

Batman

No one man could have stopped the serial killer known as The Joker's mass poisioning that hit Gotham and most of the East Coast. You managed to keep the exact details of what you and the brilliant people at Washington called a 'plague' out of my hands for six months. SIX months and you weren't any closer to finding a cure. A friend in Gotham's D.A. Office finally got me everything I needed. I cracked Joker's plague in twenty-four hours. I'm all you've got. I'm all you need.

GENERAL

How do we know for sure we can trust you?

Batman

You can't, but you have no other choice.

The Vice President looks at the rock and then turns to Batman frustrated

VICE PRESIDENT

Harvey Dent got you those files-

The men of the room are surprised to find that Batman is gone, without a trace.