The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 11-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #51
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Default Re: What did you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Pretty much and it's just as sad each time, it shows that people enjoy complaining more than praising.

Damn humans, so petty....and tiny
Yeah that's true.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #52
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
That is absurd. You guys have had the run of this board for the last week.

Enjoy it while it lasts ...... hope you feel you've accomplished something.
Nice to see you have nothing constructive to say and once again go the easy route of simply saying "That's absurd". Means even more that I'm right.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #53
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
It's obviously true since you complain about people who criticise.

Damn petty human.

No but seriously, it's not like one "enjoys" complaining. Why do you think that? Most of the time it's a matter of having to explain yourself time and time again because some people just can't accept that some others didn't like something as much as them.
Check my numerous posts since this film was announced, my praise far outweigh my complaints. Honestly no one's forcing you to keep repeating yourself, EVERYONE knows exactly how you feel about the film.

I didn't care for the Green Lantern so when I saw I stated my piece and left it alone. Why on earth do people want to be in a thread and discuss a movie they didn't like overall? What in the hell is going on here, when I see a film I don't like I try to forget it not relive it over and over.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:36 AM   #54
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Nice to see you have nothing constructive to say and once again go the easy route of simply saying "That's absurd". Means even more that I'm right.
Nah. There's nothing to say to you man. You are on a serious mission. As evidenced by my coming back to this board after 5 hours and you're still here arguing the same negative things you said days ago. It's sad.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #55
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oscorp, it really isn't going to get you anywhere man. Best advice, like I told Rock in the other thread, is to ignore it. It is better for both of you in the long run. Two ships passing in the night.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #56
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
BigThor, I don't think that is fair. Especially when one of the reasons why the other thread has so much traction is that many are in there arguing over the merits of the film. If you could simply post what you didn't like without having to justify it, like you can pretty much do in this thread, then I don't think it would be so much bigger.

Here is an example.

This thread.
"I love the final battle."

"I agree, it is awesome."

The other thread.
"I didn't love the comedy."

"Didn't you see the ads, there was always going to be comedy."

See how one would spark more discourse?

Just answer me this and I'm through, what sane person continuously reaches a film they didn't like over and OVER. When most people see a film they don'like, they simply state their reasons for not liking it and move along.

Not post in a forum pertaining to said film day in and day out reliving those same feelings of disappointment and unsatisfaction.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #57
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Check my numerous posts since this film was announced, my praise far outweigh my complaints. Honestly no one's forcing you to keep repeating yourself, EVERYONE knows exactly how you feel about the film.

I didn't care for the Green Lantern so when I saw I stated my piece and left it alone. Why on earth do people want to be in a thread and discuss a movie they didn't like overall? What in the hell is going on here, when I see a film I don't like I try to forget it not relive it over and over.
Because I love the characters and I like the Phase I movies. It's a discussion board, it's not exclusive to those who love this film. And when people attack your opinions, they force people to defend their own opinions (and their rights to speak about them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Nah. There's nothing to say to you man. You are on a serious mission. As evidenced by my coming back to this board after 5 hours and you're still here arguing the same negative things you said days ago. It's sad.
You always assume the worst of people and give them some kind of label that you make up. Oh, one thought there was too much comedy? NOLAN FANBOY!!! That's so stupid and immature and shows that you have nothing to bring up really.

Again, it's a discussion board. It's not exclusive to those who loved the film. Read what I said to Big Thor. It's also in a thread you yourself created where people can discuss things they didn't like about the film. If people don't want to discuss positive things here, then that's their own fault.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #58
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

On a personal note, I find that criticism by its very nature drives discourse. Not a lot to talk about if everyone loves something. When the Avengers hit last year, all the positive reviews were enjoyed, but it was those that criticized the film that got the most attention from the fanbase. The same happened with all three of Nolan's Batman films and is seemingly the way for most if not all blockbusters.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #59
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just answer me this and I'm through, what sane person continuously reaches a film they didn't like over and OVER. When most people see a film they don'like, they simply state their reasons for not liking it and move along.

Not post in a forum pertaining to said film day in and day out reliving those same feelings of disappointment and unsatisfaction.
Outside of basing of course, here are some reasons I have found.

First, lets not forget where we are. We aren't "normal" people when it comes to this material. We can't just say we like it or not. We become very invested in it. Study trailers, photos, audition scripts. We spend years dissecting this stuff. We make it personal. And from there many things happen.

If you really care about the material, you could simply be venting. That is what the Green Lantern forum was like after its release.

Some are film fans who like to break stuff down and discuss it with other like minded folk. Couldn't really do that in the Bat forums, though TASM saw a lot of this if I remember correctly.

And the most usual imo, is the meeting between the "fanboy" and the "critic". Both sides wait for confrontation and when one is presented each "needs" to defend their side as right. We make it far to personal. This was huge in the MoS forums, and I was sadly apart of a lot of it.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #60
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Because I love the characters and I like the Phase I movies. It's a discussion board, it's not exclusive to those who love this film. And when people attack your opinions, they force people to defend their own opinions (and their rights to speak about them).

You always assume the worst of people and give them some kind of label that you make up. Oh, one thought there was too much comedy? NOLAN FANBOY!!! That's so stupid and immature and shows that you have nothing to bring up really.

Again, it's a discussion board. It's not exclusive to those who loved the film. Read what I said to Big Thor. It's also in a thread you yourself created where people can discuss things they didn't like about the film. If people don't want to discuss positive things here, then that's their own fault.
With or without these "attacks" you would still be here rebashing the same critizisms
and displeasures every day. Yes it is a discussion forum not meant be exclusively negative or exclusively positive, but all you talk about are your dislikes. You really don't see how that could be viewed as trying to ruin everyone's excitement of the film? Let's be reasonable here...

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #61
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
With or without these "attacks" you would still be here rebashing the same critizisms
and displeasures every day. Yes it is a discussion forum not meant be exclusively negative or exclusively positive, but all you talk about are your dislikes. You really don't see how that could be viewed as trying to ruin everyone's excitement of the film? Let's be reasonable here...
How many times it is it rehashed because you make it an issue again by discussing it? If there is fault, it is on both sides imo.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #62
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
But it's mostly in a thread that is about what people didn't like about the film, what do you expect reading there?

Old 11-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #63
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Quote:
I loved how Mjölnir was used in this film. Probably one of the coolest weapons out there.
Got to agree, really good use of its abilities and I loved how it started the lightning build flying back to Thor's hand several times.

Was interesting that its base weight seemed fairly light, well light enough to hang on a coat hook at least without pulling it off the wall.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #64
balanda
Side-Kick

Okay, stuff the negativity-about-negativity, I just saw the film and this is what I liked!
  • Loki. Yep, he was great. Loved his bitter dry sarcasm and turning on a dime. I wanted more onscreen. The drama with Thor seemed to be the heart of the movie - whereas the ostensible actual romance was sweet but not so memorable. Thor was great too, but he didn't have as much of a character journey here. Very charismatic though. Jane was better than in the first Thor movie.
  • The scope of Asgard. Holy s**t, this is what I dreamed of after the first movie, seeing more of this, and it looked so much bigger and grander and more populated to me (I wasn't as big a fan of the first set.)
  • The final fight flipping through wormholes was a lot of fun, and even funny.
  • Odin. Posing with ravens, losing it at Loki, losing it at Jane, telling Thor he can do better, and stfu I'm still the king; he was imposing and over-the-top in the best way.
  • The Dark Elf spaceships looked pretty effing cool.
  • Kurse was legit scary.
  • Frigga. She kicked arse, she was nice to Jane, and her scene with Loki was great.
  • Selvig. Oh man he was funny. Tragic, and funny.
  • Darcy. Love her. Loved her kiss near the end where she's clutching Ian who saved her life yet she's the one bending him back to kiss him.
  • Sif. Not enough Sif. I just really like her, okay.
  • The way the movie didn't take itself too seriously.
  • The breadth of the movie - so much was fit into a short runtime - it was a feast of experiences and vistas.
  • That cliffhanger.

Okay, off to the negativity-fest thread to post there, but overall I loved this film and am going to see it a couple more times at the cinema!

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #65
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Pretty much and it's just as sad each time, it shows that people enjoy complaining more than praising.

Damn humans, so petty....and tiny
It's also because the other thread has discussion in it, while this one didn't (until recently). So it's not really more negative things being said but I guess the negative stuff has been better for getting discussion going about it.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #66
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Heimdall getting in to action on one of the invisible ships was pretty sweet

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #67
Oscorp
Side-Kick

That was a very cool scene indeed! I overall liked Heimdall, one of the coolest MS characters so far.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #68
balanda
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Heimdall getting in to action on one of the invisible ships was pretty sweet
Oh my gods yes, I forgot about that. Looking forward to seeing that in 3D cos that scene was EPIC.

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #69
tek
Side-Kick

Frigga was awesome. she kicked ass and yet was so compassionate with Loki. a real highlight.

the loki escape with the help of the warriors 2, sif and heimdall was fun. really enjoyed fandrall

darcy played her role to a tee

heimdall is kickass. love his dependability

jane foster. enjoy her chemistry with darcy and thor

love odin's rebuttal to thor and his final along the lines' i would win' even if it took the last drop of blood from asgard

the funeral scene. touching

thor and loki dynamic. enough said

tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #70
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Yeah overall I really liked the Asgardians. Sif could have used some more screen time, but they were all very likeable. Frigga was indeed awesome!

I liked the weapons and the visuals in Asgard. Especially those flying ships were cool. Asgard looked stunning.

Now that I think of it, wouldn't it be truly awesome to have a Battle for Middle-Earth esque strategy game based on the Thor movies, with each realm being a team? Playing as the Asgardians, frost giants, dark elves etc. would be so awesome!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #71
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah overall I really liked the Asgardians. Sif could have used some more screen time, but they were all very likeable. Frigga was indeed awesome!

I liked the weapons and the visuals in Asgard. Especially those flying ships were cool. Asgard looked stunning.

Now that I think of it, wouldn't it be truly awesome to have a Battle for Middle-Earth esque strategy game based on the Thor movies, with each realm being a team? Playing as the Asgardians, frost giants, dark elves etc. would be so awesome!
Indeed it would.

You could also expand such a game so that it doesn't only include the teams from the Nine Realms, but also the Chitauri, the Kronans, SHIELD, Hydra...

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #72
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

What is there to not like about Sif?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #73
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Indeed it would.

You could also expand such a game so that it doesn't only include the teams from the Nine Realms, but also the Chitauri, the Kronans, SHIELD, Hydra...
My head...explodes out of awesomeness!

Please Game Gods, let it happen!

EDIT: It should also be made by the same team who did BFME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
What is there to not like about Sif?
She's awesome! I don't think I'm the only one who'd like Thor to end up with her instead! That's why I wanted more of her!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #74
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
She's awesome! I don't think I'm the only one who'd like Thor to end up with her instead! That's why I wanted more of her!
You are most definitely not. She is one of my favorite characters, and Jaimie really brings her to life imo.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #75
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

Darcy. (But dang, she kissed the intern! </3)
Heimdall, really dig the part he senses the invisible ship and then runs after it.
Captain America's cameo. It was Evans in the suit right? He really played the part really "Loki".
Stan Lee's cameo.

The whole film in general, but these few popped into my head.

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote