The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 11-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
i thought you watched it twice already :D
I wanna watch it a third time.:o It's too EPIC.:D

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class

Last edited by TeeKay; 11-03-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

this thread, I liked it. ANOTHER!!!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 11-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

Oh okay that makes sense How I didn't realize that is beyond me... Thanks for clearing that up R_Hythlodeus

Old 11-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...-St-Pauls.html

^This the link to the article.

Quote:
Alan Taylor seemingly confirms DOCTOR STRANGE after ANT-MAN, talks directing Thor after Kenneth Branagh. http://tinyurl.com/lzdo3h4
(Andrew)
^This speculation is from Marvel Cinematic Universe (FB page)

Old 11-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
eeffos
Side-Kick

For those that want to see all the Thor Dark World TV spots and a world TV premiere of the Captain America Trailer - the FX cable channel is having "Super Hero Sunday". They've been showing Thor spots all day and are advertising the Cap trailer to come later. Just an FYI

Old 11-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Loki in Comedy Central commercial (if someone finds the whole commercial please post it)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Found it!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Boy,finding lots of Thor related news today

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...now-about-thor

Quote:
We all spotted Stan Lee's cameo in Thor as the hapless driver who ruins a perfectly good truck trying to remove the hammer from its New Mexico crater – but did you spot Thor comic-book writer J Michael Straczynski's cameo in the same scene? He's the guy in the cap and beard who pulls fruitlessly on Mjolnir, much like how Straczynski's Thor run got started. "I've vanished into my own narrative!" he later said.
I didn't realized that was him in the 1st movie

Old 11-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
I didn't realized that was him in the 1st movie
Serious?

People were talkin' about it in the first Thor threads when the movie came out.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Loki in Comedy Central commercial (if someone finds the whole commercial please post it)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Found it!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Cs Funny Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Serious?

People were talkin' about it in the first Thor threads when the movie came out.
It's too bad JMS has a falling-out with Marvel, because I always thought he's a good writer, and I enjoyed his Babylon 5 series.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I didnt think it was a falling out
The way JMS tells it ,
Marvel wanted him to tie his ongoing Arc to a company wide event and he amicably declined.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #15
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Ender's Game BO Wkend

Quote:
Director Gavin Hood's sci-fi epic Ender's Game opened to a solid $28 million in North America, but it will need strong legs in order to make back its pricey $110 million budget -- a potentially difficult task considering that Thor: The Dark World enters the domestic marketplace next weekend.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #16
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ender's Game BO Wkend
I was actually expecting Ender's Game to do much better than that on opening weekend, considering the budget that it also had while making it. I am hoping that Thor: The Dark World doesn't get hindered by Catching Fire in the weeks to come, they should have probably released this movie in October when its only real competition would have been Gravity... I am still expecting TDW to do very well considering it's current standings.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #17
J.Howlett

The Dark World has two weeks to get done what it needs to get done domestically at the box office because Katniss Everdeen is going to obliterate the competition.

Do not be surprised if Catching Fire hits 180 million opening weekend. Not even kidding. That thing is going to make serious coin.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #18
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm just confused about one thing regarding Loki though...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I mean he ends up hijacking the Throne at the end of the film, thus posing as Odin and leaving his fate unknown to both the audience and the characters, and yet prior to all of that, he goes out of his way to help Thor take down Malekith and even helps protect Jane while doing so.

I mean was it ever presented at the beginning that Loki was planning on doing this all along, that he used Thor to get him out of Jail and already knew what he was going to do, and thus lied about helping Thor because of his desire to get vengeance for Frigga's death?

Or was Loki really being sincere in wanting to go after Malekith because he actually cared about his mother, which I'm not sure why considering that he supposedly cut all ties with Asgard and with everyone else and only cares about himself....and that him taking the throne was just something that made itself opportune for him after he had gotten his revenge?

Old 11-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #19
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

I mean he ends up hijacking the Throne at the end of the film, thus posing as Odin and leaving his fate unknown to both the audience and the characters, and yet prior to all of that, he goes out of his way to help Thor take down Malekith and even helps protect Jane while doing so.

I mean was it ever presented at the beginning that Loki was planning on doing this all along, that he used Thor to get him out of Jail and already knew what he was going to do, and thus lied about helping Thor because of his desire to get vengeance for Frigga's death?

Or was Loki really being sincere in wanting to go after Malekith because he actually cared about his mother, which I'm not sure why considering that he supposedly cut all ties with Asgard and with everyone else and only cares about himself....and that him taking the throne was just something that made itself opportune for him after he had gotten his revenge?
It's not clearly thought out, I'll give you that but I think the key to the whole thing is Frigga. Think about the moments with Frigga that directly relate to Loki in the narrative and I think that's the logic of it.

And again, this is Loki we're talking about. He's always a step ahead. He clearly, I thought, kept adjusting to the situation presented to him in the film.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #20
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

I haven't seen the film yet, but I think Loki definitely wants to stop Malekith. If he doesn't, he dies along with the rest of Asgard.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #21
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
The Dark World has two weeks to get done what it needs to get done domestically at the box office because Katniss Everdeen is going to obliterate the competition.

Do not be surprised if Catching Fire hits 180 million opening weekend. Not even kidding. That thing is going to make serious coin.
This is what I've been thinking all year. The Dark World's numbers were going to suffer once Catching Fire came out. MARVEL/Disney better do some mega marketing this week to fire the GA up even more. I think the Avengers movie would be hurt by a movie like this too. It has way to many teenagers and young adults attention than what a Thor sequel has to offer. Not for me though.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #22
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
It's not clearly thought out, I'll give you that but I think the key to the whole thing is Frigga. Think about the moments with Frigga that directly relate to Loki in the narrative and I think that's the logic of it.

And again, this is Loki we're talking about. He's always a step ahead. He clearly, I thought, kept adjusting to the situation presented to him in the film.
Well I unfortunately haven't seen the film yet, but in your honest opinion, would you say that...

Loki actually did care for Frigga still has his mother and that her death is what triggered him wanting to get rid of Dark Elves, or it being one of his reasons for doing so?

Old 11-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #23
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I haven't seen the film yet, but I think Loki definitely wants to stop Malekith. If he doesn't, he dies along with the rest of Asgard.
It's all very ambiguous.

From his cell, Loki tells Kurse which way to go to break down Asgard's defensive barrier which allows Malekith and the dark elves through to attack. It's not clear that he necessarily understood in advance the repercussions of helping Kurse but it's also not shown that Loki feels at all guilty for aiding Kurse after he then kills Frigga.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #24
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Ender's Game BO Wkend
Good. I hope Thor sends it to the bottom of the list.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #25
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

He feels his mother was the only one that loved him. He still considers her his mother. He wanted vengeance but used the situation to his best advantage outside of that. With Thor renouncing the throne to be with Jane, Loki just lets him go.