The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #726
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Snyder really kind of screwed up with that. He already had a beautiful movie. Had he had the color palette like that, he would've one of the most visually stunning movies ever! Plus, it actually looks like Amy has red hair there.
Agreed...when he was first announced as a director, I thought that we would finally get a modern day superman film where the director is not afraid to use regular saturation color filters that would highlight the colors within Superman's world, which is something that Singer didn't do.

Sadly, Snyder didn't and I keep asking myself if we'll ever see a Superman film where it's not desaturated by some bad filter.

All I know is that I plan on boosting the saturation level by A LOT when i get my blu-ray copy.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #727
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed...when he was first announced as a director, I thought that we would finally get a modern day superman film where the director is not afraid to use regular saturation color filters that would highlight the colors within Superman's world, which is something that Singer didn't do.

Sadly, Snyder didn't and I keep asking myself if we'll ever see a Superman film where it's not desaturated by some bad filter.

All I know is that I plan on boosting the saturation level by A LOT when i get my blu-ray copy.
That's from perspective IMO.. its about tastes.. I like the realistic tones of MOS but I would like to the suit a little more brighter

Old 11-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #728
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Snyder really kind of screwed up with that. He already had a beautiful movie. Had he had the color palette like that, he would've one of the most visually stunning movies ever! Plus, it actually looks like Amy has red hair there.
I guess I'm th only one who liked the color palette, and who doesn't feel the need for Superman to look like a piece of flying candy.

Seriously, I hate superhero costumes. They're stupid looking to begin with. The bright colors just make them look even more ridiculous.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #729
smallville fan
Hero

Has anybody posted video questions up on:

http://woobox.com/zqbm59/

This is the live fan event where you ask questions to Snyder and the cast

If so, then did anyone upload a video from your computer hard drive? Was your video playable on the site? Not sure if mine went through or not.

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #730
Krumm
Beer Snob

Anyone see this "Learn About Krypton" thing?

http://www.learnaboutkrypton.com/planetkrypton.php

It is presented as if it's after the events of MOS and is produced by LexCorp.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #731
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Awesome find!

Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #732
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

^^^^ What she said!

Old 11-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #733
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Seriously... it wasn't working properly on my phone, now that i'm home and actually listening to it, this is freaking incredible!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #734
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

So it's come to my attention that my Deathmatch competitor is campaigning over in the X-Men forums...

I cannot allow this!

Don't lets get beat by a bunch of X-Men fans! Superman fans UNITE!

For Truth and Justice, click on the link below and VOTE FOR ME!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 11-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #735
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of...Blu-ray/82234/

Old 11-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #736
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Awesome

*\S/T*
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #737
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Seriously... it wasn't working properly on my phone, now that i'm home and actually listening to it, this is freaking incredible!
Yeah there's is some cool info in there about the planet itself -- population, size, etc.

Overall, two things stuck out in particular.

It's interesting that they refer to Rao as red even though it didn't appear that way in the film. Maybe the planet's atmosphere affected it's perceived color.

I love that they call back to the ship Zod left near the "fortress." It's nice to know they are follow such loose ends.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #738
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

yeah that website is pretty cool...now that the DVD/Bluray is coming out soon I have a reason to run my mouth again. And plus a few rumors are starting to come in for Superman/Batman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 11-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #739
the last son
Side-Kick

How cool would it have been if Superman didn't get his costume until the last scene of the movie. He fights all of the kryptonians in street clothes and at the end one of the last scenes is the flight scene for the first time in his suit. That would have been an epic way to end it.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #740
Binker
Side-Kick

The live event this Saturday; has anyone taken advantage of that and asked questions?

Old 11-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #741
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
How cool would it have been if Superman didn't get his costume until the last scene of the movie. He fights all of the kryptonians in street clothes and at the end one of the last scenes is the flight scene for the first time in his suit. That would have been an epic way to end it.
The amount of people who would be whining about Superman not being in his costume until the end of the movie would dwarf the people in the "Why doesn't Thor wear his helmet", "Why does Captain America/Spider-Man have to take his mask off all the time" and the "There was barely any Bruce in the Bat suit in TDKR" crowds combined. And I gotta say... I'd sign up for that mob.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #742
the last son
Side-Kick

That must mean the movie wasn't good enough then. If you can't get past them actually building up the anticipation for him having his suit and truly being Superman, then the story being told couldn't have been that intriguing.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #743
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
That must mean the movie wasn't good enough then. If you can't get past them actually building up the anticipation for him having his suit and truly being Superman, then the story being told couldn't have been that intriguing.
This hypothetical film of yours would have to be hypothetically one of the greatest super hero films of all times to overcome the back lash against the titular hero not appearing in their known outfit for the vast majority to the film's runtime. Hypothetically speaking.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #744
roach
I am the night

Quote:
a movie version of Smallville?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #745
the last son
Side-Kick

Again, imagine the flight scene of the movie being the last scene of the movie. How cool would it have looked watching Zod and Superman fighting and crashing through buildings in street clothes. It would have led to the mystery of are these people humans or not. It would have been worth the backlash and make you look forward to the next movie with Superman in uniform. ALso, would have been true to Superman is not Superman yet.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #746
the last son
Side-Kick

@ Roach, I've never seen Smallville.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #747
roach
I am the night

Quote:
@ Roach, I've never seen Smallville.
Smallville was a TV show about Clark Kent growing up and pretty much had a plains clothes Clark fighting bad guys week after week…the payoff was supposed to be seeing the TV Clark in the Superman suit…which we got…from a distance and only in extreme close ups (aka not satisfying). He didn't become Superman until the last shot of the series.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #748
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

I rewatched MOS again.

I was still on the edge of my seat and enjoyed it a lot, but I keep finding it difficult to remember stuff or take it all in, because I can't find much time to breathe in between certain parts and it feels very montagey and with the music blaring all the time.

It feels like I'm eating a filling meal, then after 30 mins, I'm eating another large meal and my stomach can't take it. It's a tasty meal but my stomach feels overwhelmed and it kinda hurts.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #749
the last son
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Smallville was a TV show about Clark Kent growing up and pretty much had a plains clothes Clark fighting bad guys week after week…the payoff was supposed to be seeing the TV Clark in the Superman suit…which we got…from a distance and only in extreme close ups (aka not satisfying). He didn't become Superman until the last shot of the series.
So, you would be against my idea? I mean I know of Smallville, but looked like crap to me. Tried to watch it one time and it sucked.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #750
roach
I am the night

Quote:
So, you would be against my idea? I mean I know of Smallville, but looked like crap to me. Tried to watch it one time and it sucked.
yeah it seems like it would be a good idea but i doubt people be happy with going to see a Superman movie and not seeing 'Superman' until the end.

Closed Thread