The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #26
J.Howlett

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well I unfortunately haven't seen the film yet, but in your honest opinion, would you say that...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Loki actually did care for Frigga still has his mother and that her death is what triggered him wanting to get rid of Dark Elves, or it being one of his reasons for doing so?

There's no question in my mind, no matter what he said within the film, that he cared deeply for Frigga. His reaction to her death and the following scene afterwards when Thor goes to see him afterwards paint that picture.

Him wanting to help Thor get rid of the Dark Elves does have to do with Frigga but I also think it has to do with Loki figuring out the situation that Thor finds himself in and takes advantage of it. Again, it's just never really clear but because he's the God of Mischief, you can assume a lot because it's clear that Loki's all about the mind games when it comes to Thor and the entire situation.

The film, sometimes, just isn't clear enough but you can make up your own assumptions in order to logically figure out how we get the ending that we get.

It's not really a flaw of the film but it kind of is.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Thanks for answering my questions guys. I definitely appreciate it.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
The Dark World has two weeks to get done what it needs to get done domestically at the box office because Katniss Everdeen is going to obliterate the competition.

Do not be surprised if Catching Fire hits 180 million opening weekend. Not even kidding. That thing is going to make serious coin.
What do they call Hunger Games in Japan?

Battle Royale with cheese.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #29
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
What do they call Hunger Games in Japan?

Battle Royale with cheese.
I feel bad for laughing at this.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #30
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post

There's no question in my mind, no matter what he said within the film, that he cared deeply for Frigga. His reaction to her death and the following scene afterwards when Thor goes to see him afterwards paint that picture.

Him wanting to help Thor get rid of the Dark Elves does have to do with Frigga but I also think it has to do with Loki figuring out the situation that Thor finds himself in and takes advantage of it. Again, it's just never really clear but because he's the God of Mischief, you can assume a lot because it's clear that Loki's all about the mind games when it comes to Thor and the entire situation.

The film, sometimes, just isn't clear enough but you can make up your own assumptions in order to logically figure out how we get the ending that we get.

It's not really a flaw of the film but it kind of is.
Another good scene that establishes that is when Loki and Frigga speaks in his cell. I guess it's her doing a projection, but it could theoretically also be Loki that created it. His emotional reaction is what speaks for him rather than his words.

I don't see why the movie would be more clear on Loki's motivation. I find it very obvious that he's both after revenge and to escape the cell for his own mischievous ends, especially after seeing his heroic actions on Svartalfheim which are uncharacteristic for him. By being clearer they'd cross the line for me and they would also remove any possible worries that Loki might just betray Thor.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #31
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I feel bad for laughing at this.
Hehe, I think it's clever. I haven't seen Hunger Games though.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #32
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Just thought I'd share this with you guys. It is a very tongue in cheek "critique" of the first Thor movie to coincide with the release of The Dark World.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- I take growing my hair extremely long for charity VERY seriously. Think of the children!

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...usaolp00000592

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-04-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #33
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Another good scene that establishes that is when Loki and Frigga speaks in his cell. I guess it's her doing a projection, but it could theoretically also be Loki that created it. His emotional reaction is what speaks for him rather than his words.

I don't see why the movie would be more clear on Loki's motivation. I find it very obvious that he's both after revenge and to escape the cell for his own mischievous ends, especially after seeing his heroic actions on Svartalfheim which are uncharacteristic for him. By being clearer they'd cross the line for me and they would also remove any possible worries that Loki might just betray Thor.
I'd agree with that. I end to see the flick again to really break this aspect down of the film.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #34
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Here's Walt Simonson's Cameo too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Boy,finding lots of Thor related news today

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...now-about-thor

I didn't realized that was him in the 1st movie

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #35
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Just thought I'd share this with you guys. It is a very tongue in cheek "critique" of the first Thor movie to coincide with the release of The Dark World.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The video is an interview with the cast of Last Vegas sing the music of The Fox.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #36
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah I saw the whole thing. It was pretty funny

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #37
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Good. I hope Thor sends it to the bottom of the list.
I hope all the Scifi films released this season perform well at the box office .

Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #38
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
The video is an interview with the cast of Last Vegas sing the music of The Fox.

Wrong link i suppose. Not a multitasker very well with only a Wii U gamepad. Will fix.

- I take growing my hair extremely long for charity VERY seriously. Think of the children!

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...usaolp00000592
Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #39
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
I hope all the Scifi films released this season perform well at the box office .
That is not the nerd way. You either like one thing and dismiss the rest, or you don't like nothing at all.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #40
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
That is not the nerd way. You either like one thing and dismiss the rest, or you don't like nothing at all.
Lol this is brilliant.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Quote:
Personal preference in my case. I don't want to see Card succeed.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #42
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Personal preference in my case. I don't want to see Card succeed.
OSC signed away the rights to this movie decades ago. He isn't involved with, nor making one red cent from this release.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #43
TTFN
Side-Kick

Regarding Loki's motivations:

In the very first part of the movie when Odin is sentencing him, he asks specifically about Thor and the throne. He even called him an oaf if I remember correctly. LOL Odin said yes, after Thor gets the 9 realms under control, he'll become King. This pissed Loki right off. He is full of hatred and anger and rage and jealousy. I think he has 3 motivations here but they all tied together. First, he loathes the idea of Thor as King of Asgard. Second, he wants out of his cell. Eternity reading books isn't what he has in mind. Third, Frigga dies and he wants revenge (I'm sure there is a bit of guilt since he told Kurse where to go...) In the end he's given the perfect opportunity to get all 3 and adding as the cherry on top, claiming the throne via faking he's Odin and giving Thor what he wants.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #44
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
OSC signed away the rights to this movie decades ago. He isn't involved with, nor making one red cent from this release.
His book is number one again. He's definitely making money off this release.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #45
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

So don't buy the book.

- Ryōkan

Old 11-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #46
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I don't plan to.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #47
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Ladies, enough.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #48
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ladies, enough.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #49
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

He's part of the press tour promoting the movie. If you think he's not making money of it ..you're wrong

Old 11-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #50
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Forgiving me for believing the hundreds of news stories circling the globe reporting otherwise.

- Ryōkan

Closed Thread