The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #26
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Loki's staff isn't an Infinity Stone. In the Thor post-credit scene they said that it would be dangerous to keep TWO Infinity Stones in the same location (Tesseract and Aether). I'm pretty sure Loki's staff is being held at Asgard as well so if it were an Infinity Stone they would have said three were being held there. I think Loki's staff is at best powered by the Tesseract.

I do agree though that the Tesseract is probably the power gem/stone since it's always used to power stuff. So imo it's:

Tesseract is the Power Stone. Aether is the Reality Stone since it's able to destroy the universe/space and time regardless of that being scientifically impossible. If the Eye of Agamotto is anything I think it will be the Mind Stone. Space Stone is probably what's in GotG. I'm just going to go on a limb and say the Time Stone will be the MacGuffin in Inhumans. And I hope that Adam Warlock is a living Infinity Stone as the Soul Stone.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #27
Loki882
Side-Kick

Loki's spear was powered by some of the Tesseract energy, and the Tesseract is apparently an Infinity Stone. So technically, the spear WAS powered by the Infinity Stone.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #28
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah, I also surmised it was powered by the Tesseract. My point is that the staff itself is not an Infinity Stone.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #29
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

The Tesseract has only been used for power when combined with technology, unless I'm missing something. Its natural ability is seemingly opening portals and transportation. I think it's Space.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:18 AM   #30
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I wonder why they changed it from Gems to Stones. Gems sounds more prestigious. Not necessarily a bad thing, just strange.

Anyhow I like the idea of there being a living Infinity Stone, either Adam Warlock or Scarlet Witch. Based purely on colours, the Tesseract is the Mind Stone and the Aether is the Power Stone.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #31
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I wonder why they changed it from Gems to Stones. Gems sounds more prestigious. Not necessarily a bad thing, just strange.

Anyhow I like the idea of there being a living Infinity Stone, either Adam Warlock or Scarlet Witch. Based purely on colours, the Tesseract is the Mind Stone and the Aether is the Power Stone.
Well. A couple reasons I'm speculating on:

1. Gems are typically set into jewelry. The stones won't be set into the gauntlet?

2. The MCU's version of the gems are much different and therefore as "stones" they aren't based on specific forces like "Mind" or "Reality"

Old 11-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #32
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I know he's been brought up plenty in other discussions, but the GotG artifact looks like a similar texture to Ego:

Old 11-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #33
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Well. A couple reasons I'm speculating on:

1. Gems are typically set into jewelry. The stones won't be set into the gauntlet?

2. The MCU's version of the gems are much different and therefore as "stones" they aren't based on specific forces like "Mind" or "Reality"
Fair point. I'm not sure I like the idea of stripping the specific forces aspect of the IG, though. But it looks like that's going to happen now..

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #34
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Ant-Man is a heist movie so I guess they could have Pym/Lang steal a stone from someone but I doubt they will.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #35
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

No idea, but I personally find Infinity Stones to sound much more badass than Gems. And yeah, I like the Scarlet Witch and Adam Warlock idea as well. But we've already been over that in the other thread.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #36
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

Because the gems are illy defined in the comics and they're making them more...how to put it..."believable" isn't the right word but they're making them more..."robust" or "interesting" I guess. Stones, ancient artifacts each of different shapes and sizes, are a lot more varied and interesting than having a gem in every movie and making their purposes obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Ant-Man is a heist movie so I guess they could have Pym/Lang steal a stone from someone but I doubt they will.
I doubt Ant-Man has anything to do with the stones. Much like IM3 didn't and Cap 2 and A2 probably won't either.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #37
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The Tesseract has only been used for power when combined with technology, unless I'm missing something. Its natural ability is seemingly opening portals and transportation. I think it's Space.
Good point. But it also provided Selvig with cosmic knowledge that drove him a lil bit crazy, and gave Hawkeye a limited power to see the future.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #38
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Good point. But it also provided Selvig with cosmic knowledge that drove him a lil bit crazy, and gave Hawkeye a limited power to see the future.
I agree, Mind is a very likely option.

One thin I like about the Eye Of Agamoto theory is, that it would mean that Strange is definatly part of Phase III

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #39
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

I think it's a possibility that every Stone has the ability to bestow cosmic knowledge. But certain minds, like humans, are not prepared and are either lost in a trance(Skull) or driven mad(Selvig), amongst other fates. And refresh my memory, when did Hawkeye see the future?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #40
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Some rambling based on the Scarlet Witch being the Reality Stone theory: the Stone took physical form as Wanda centuries ago to try and defend itself, however this proved useless as she was hunted across the Universe by aliens and Gods for her power. She created Pietro to protect her, and over time the two have evolved into a brother-sister relationship and he becomes more and more of an overprotective jerk.

Very convoluted and unlikely but thoughts?

Quote:
Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #41
Kiltman
E-list Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post

One thin I like about the Eye Of Agamoto theory is, that it would mean that Strange is definatly part of Phase III

I like the idea of it...but wouldn't Sif include that then too.....since its last known location is in Odin's Vault?

Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #42
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltman View Post
I like the idea of it...but wouldn't Sif include that then too.....since its last known location is in Odin's Vault?
The ORB of Agamotto is in the vault, the Warlock's Eye is in the vault. The Eye of Agamoto not.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #43
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think it's a possibility that every Stone has the ability to bestow cosmic knowledge. But certain minds, like humans, are not prepared and are either lost in a trance(Skull) or driven mad(Selvig), amongst other fates. And refresh my memory, when did Hawkeye see the future?
When Hawkeye was in Stuttgart, he told Selvig that the Tesseract gave him the power to see a little bit into the future to see his next target, and that he'd need an eyeball (for a retinal scan) to complete that mission.

Quote:

Alan Taylor today confirmed that Dr. Strange is coming right after Ant-Man.

And the Eye of Agamotto theory sounds plausible enough, but I don't think the thing in Odin's Treasury is the Eye of Agamotto. The Eye is a small amulet worn around Strange's neck; the thing on display in Asgard is way too big for that. Still doesn't rule out the possibility that we'll see the Eye show up in the Dr. Strange movie, or that it'll turn out to be one of the Infinity Stones.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
Kiltman
E-list Character

Quote:
The ORB of Agamotto is in the vault, the Warlock's Eye is in the vault. The Eye of Agamoto not.
Ah, ok

Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #45
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Some rambling based on the Scarlet Witch being the Reality Stone theory: the Stone took physical form as Wanda centuries ago to try and defend itself, however this proved useless as she was hunted across the Universe by aliens and Gods for her power. She created Pietro to protect her, and over time the two have evolved into a brother-sister relationship and he becomes more and more of an overprotective jerk.

Very convoluted and unlikely but thoughts?
I really like this idea but I doubt it will happen. I think scarlet witch and quicksilver will be relegated to new shield agents.

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #46
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJmelo View Post
I really like this idea but I doubt it will happen. I think scarlet witch and quicksilver will be relegated to new shield agents.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They will probably start off as bad and then become Avengers towards the end.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #47
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I love the concept of these Infinity Stones – looking and behaving very different, yet all being part of the same group, having even bigger potential together. It's a great twist on the gems from the comics. I find it all very intriguing.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #48
ajpro
Side-Kick

Speaking of Infinity Stones and other artifacts, we know Tesseract is now hidden in Asgard, but what about Loki's Staff? Thor did not take it with Loki and Tesseract to Asgard in the end of the Avengers. Is it still on Earth? Does SHIELD have it? (will it use the stone from scepter to create Ultron?)

In that case I highly doubt other Stones are hidden on Earth. As it was said in the end of TDW it is too dangerous to keep two powerful artifacts in one place, so they are most definetely are all over the Universe. Maybe Thanos already has one of them, after all, he was the one, who gave Loki his scepter.

Last edited by ajpro; 11-04-2013 at 01:10 PM.
ajpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #49
T"Challa
Side-Kick

This thread is just amping up my anticipation for the upcoming movies.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.[X-Men:DOFP[/B] 5.Spiderman 2 6. X2: X Men United. 7. Iron Man 8. Batman Begins. 9. X-Men: First Class 10. Captain America: The First Avenger
T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #50
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The staff probably isn't an Infinity Stone.