The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #251
JaD
Thriller Night

Default Re: Easter Eggs (SPOILERS)

I don't think I even know what TDKR scene you're talking about. Unless the shot of Bruce staring at the TV in Bane's prison all sad?

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #252
slumcat
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

^^ He posted it another thread and even I don't follow what reference that is.

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #253
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
One obvious reference to TDKR was when Supes reaches out his hand to get the Sunlight, when he temporarily gets knocked out after destroying the World Engine over the Indian Ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I don't think I even know what TDKR scene you're talking about. Unless the shot of Bruce staring at the TV in Bane's prison all sad?
I am referring to Frank Miller;s The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, there was a scene which shows Supes getting hurt after stopping missiles, and falls on to ground, then he recharges himself using solar powers (through Sun flowers ?)

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #254
JaD
Thriller Night

Oh ha, I thought you meant Dark Knight Rises. I guess that could be a reference, if there was a sunflower or any flower in the scene I would definitely agree, but there could be several images of Superman reaching out for the sun to get back into a fight in the comics so hmm, who knows?

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #255
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Oh ha, I thought you meant Dark Knight Rises. I guess that could be a reference, if there was a sunflower or any flower in the scene I would definitely agree, but there could be several images of Superman reaching out for the sun to get back into a fight in the comics so hmm, who knows?

The music playing in that particular scene is from the track "Goodbye my son", why would that piece of music be used in that scene ? It is obvious reference to Grapic novel where weak Superman asks mother Earth and Sun to give him energy, similarly, in MOS Supers reaches out his hand toward the Sun, lying on Earth to get powers again, while the lullaby like score plays.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #256
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I don't know if I'd call it/or if it was meant as an easter egg

but, seeing young Clark playing around in the backyard wearing a red cape, an posing like a super hero

got me thinking... who is he emulating?
(not saying it meant that any real heroes existed then)

but, what fictional heroes did he grow up reading about it comics, or watching on TV,...

it just opens up the idea that the concept of cape heroes existed
I think I have the answer for you: Clark wasn't emulating anybody. He just grabbed a red sheet and ran around playing with his dog. In turn, he created by accident the superhero concept, which by coincidence, later in his life when he found out about his origins, he would wear a suit with a red cape just like what he wore at this age. And yes, Kryptonians were a caped culture, but given what this movie was suggesting, and rightfully so, that Clark invented the concept and Superman is the first (until we find out more about the sequel) superhero, just like the real world where he is the first, that's what I got from that flashback.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #257
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I'm bumping this so I can read it all. :-)

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #258
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I think I have the answer for you: Clark wasn't emulating anybody. He just grabbed a red sheet and ran around playing with his dog. In turn, he created by accident the superhero concept, which by coincidence, later in his life when he found out about his origins, he would wear a suit with a red cape just like what he wore at this age. And yes, Kryptonians were a caped culture, but given what this movie was suggesting, and rightfully so, that Clark invented the concept and Superman is the first (until we find out more about the sequel) superhero, just like the real world where he is the first, that's what I got from that flashback.
What's to say there aren't comic book heroes in this universe?? Like in Smallville there was Warrior Angel. Why can he not have a hero that he looked up to as a child and decides to be a hero like his favorite comic character instead of saying, "Well I was Superman for a day....let me hide this damn costume and hit the road again and go back into hiding". I'm just saying he could have a hero that he looks up to in comic books

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is online now   Reply With Quote