The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #76
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Good collection of shots from the Hollywood premiere tonight. Nice to see Renner show up to support the film.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2010624&type=1

Old 11-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #77
Krystal
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Good collection of shots from the Hollywood premiere tonight. Nice to see Renner show up to support the film.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2010624&type=1

Very true---a classy move.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #78
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Stayed out of here till I saw the movie. Didn't want to know anything. Realized the rock monster from the trailer is korg or a homage to him. Was cool to see him, though he was grey.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #79
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
Stayed out of here till I saw the movie. Didn't want to know anything. Realized the rock monster from the trailer is korg or a homage to him. Was cool to see him, though he was grey.
So how was the film overall, did you enjoy it?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #80
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
Likely it was just one of Korg's brethren. They originally fought Thor during his first appearance so it's likely a homage to that. He dressed exactly like him though, a hint at a Planet Hulk film maybe?

Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #81
Adder
Side-Kick

I just saw the mid credits scene

OMG...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Benicio del toros performance as the Collector is beyond horrible. He really is like some goofy character out of the fifth element or the joel Schumacher batmans. The whole scene is bad in fact, i'm getting worried about Guardians.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #82
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

glad I wasn't the only one getting a fifth element vibe

Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #83
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
I just saw the mid credits scene

OMG...

Benicio del toros performance as the Collector is beyond horrible. He really is like some goofy character out of the fifth element or the joel Schumacher batmans. The whole scene is bad in fact, i'm getting worried about Guardians.
Indeed..I just saw that clip myself and wow...

If that's what we can expect from Guardians....we're kind of screwed.lol

Especially since Thanos is supposed to have a more active role in the film. Imagine if Thanos was just as bad in presentation...when he's supposed to be..THE BIG BAD of the entire MCU.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #84
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Especially since Thanos is supposed to have a more active role in the film. Imagine if Thanos was just as bad in presentation...when he's supposed to be..THE BIG BAD of the entire MCU.
I am on the side that thinks the Collector is a decoy. That he is actually Thanos and thus he is playing it up.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #85
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I am on the side that thinks the Collector is a decoy. That he is actually Thanos and thus he is playing it up.
Perhaps...but wow...

The costume and wardrobe design for his look, along with that slave girl looked so...well, like a TV Movie from the Sci-Fi network.lol.It looked pretty cheap.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #86
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Perhaps...but wow...

The costume and wardrobe design for his look, along with that slave girl looked so...well, like a TV Movie from the Sci-Fi network.lol.It looked pretty cheap.
Yeah, you don't know Gunn do you?

It is right in tone with his style. If you think there is a lot of weird comedy in TDW or IM3, you haven't seen anything yet.

The way I see it, the Collector was a real man, but is either dead or captured and Thanos has taken over his role.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #87
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Yeah, you don't know Gunn do you?

It is right in tone with his style. If you think there is a lot of weird comedy in TDW or IM3, you haven't seen anything yet.

The way I see it, the Collector was a real man, but is either dead or captured and Thanos has taken over his role.
Well I figured that we'd be getting some kind of comedy aspects, let alone wacky ones, within the Guardians film based off of the comic con trailer that was leaked out and it didn't look that bad, but yeah I hope they don't play it too cartoonish on this.

I mean I'm worried that they'll soon forget on when they have to be serious and downplay those moments in favor for a cheap laugh

Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #88
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Perhaps...but wow...

Pretty sure it's supposed to. Gunn seems to be shooting for a 60s-80s space opera vibe, reminiscent of old-school Trek TOS, original Star Wars, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, et al. He's got the *budget* for a slick VFX extravaganza, but he seems to want to forego that for, you know, an actual story that's fun featuring characters that are fun. Sci-fi these days is far too caught up in making the wrapping paper look good, but there's nothing inside the box.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #89
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Well I figured that we'd be getting some kind of comedy aspects, let alone wacky ones, within the Guardians film based off of the comic con trailer that was leaked out and it didn't look that bad, but yeah I hope they don't play it too cartoonish on this.

I mean I'm worried that they'll soon forget on when they have to be serious and downplay those moments in favor for a cheap laugh
Gunn has a very wacky, and very dark sense of humor. The film is going to be vulgar.

It is why I am not surprised by the scene nor Taylor's reaction to it being a part of his film.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #90
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
So how was the film overall, did you enjoy it?
Don't want to spoil anything so I'll be vague. Loved seeing more of Asgard. Looked more habitable than thor 1. Seeing new worlds and aliens was awesome. I really liked it. The movie was a good mixture of sci fi and fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Likely it was just one of Korg's brethren. They originally fought Thor during his first appearance so it's likely a homage to that. He dressed exactly like him though, a hint at a Planet Hulk film maybe?
Yeah probably just a homage to him. I was gonna make a manip of him but give him his color. Planet hulk would be cool. They might even use beta ray bill like they did in the animated movie, instead of the silver surfer.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #91
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
This makes me feel a bit better. I wanted to know how I could have missed this for a while.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #92
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Can we talk about Jamie Alexander's premiere dress?!?!?!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #93
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

No spoilers left to find there.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #94
Adder
Side-Kick

Quote:

exactly my feelings. All efforts must be made to make Thanos a great malevolent force. He must be as serious as a heart attack.

With gunn at the helm of our 1st real introduction to the character, given this scene, I think they might fail.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #95
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Can we talk about Jamie Alexander's premiere dress?!?!?!

Maybe this was getting back at Marvel for not inviting her to the London premiere. Whatever her reason, I support it.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #96
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder View Post
exactly my feelings. All efforts must be made to make Thanos a great malevolent force. He must be as serious as a heart attack.

With gunn at the helm of our 1st real introduction to the character, given this scene, I think they might fail.
Thanos needs to be a serious as a trio of Death Stars.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #97
Adder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanos needs to be a serious as a trio of Death Stars.
agreed!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #98
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
No spoilers left to find there.
lol INDEED

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #99
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Feige says it will be a few years before Marvel makes a movie with Thanos as the main villain .
So, any appearance in GOTG will probably be minor.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #100
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Anthony Hopkins was on leno last night and Hemsworth was on Kimmel. The leno show had a great clip of Odin talking to Loki in chains, and I can see what people have been saying about Odin being more Aggressive than in the first film.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread