The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor World

View Poll Results: And The Winner Is....
Eric Savin 0 0%
Viper 2 13.33%
Faora 5 33.33%
Kurse 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Battle of The Henchmen 2013

Just like the other thread this thread is about a battle between this years bad guys. Like I said in the other thread this is FIGHT not who was the better henchmen, most menacing, or best actor.

1. Eric Savin

2. Viper

3. Faora

4. Kurse

So what do you guys think?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #2
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Battle of The Henchmen 2013

The two latter are quite a lot more powerful than the former two. If we're talking how they were in the movies Faora didn't come to full terms with her powers and were distracted by them, so I'd say Kurse beats everyone.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
divan
Side-Kick

Kurse was virtually invulnerable, imprevious to everything Thor, Loki and other Asgardians threw at him and only died when he was consumed by a black hole inside his body.

Faora was tough, fast but still vulnerable. If we take her performance in the Battle of Smallville as an example, she does have the override weakness and a Maverick missile was able to K.O. her.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Kurse would never, ever catch Faora.

By the way, the missile didn't hurt Faora. It was her being exposed to the atmosphere without being able to adjust. She, like Kal-El and Zod would eventually adapt.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
ctsketch
Side-Kick

EDIT: Nvm

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Kurse would never, ever catch Faora.

By the way, the missile didn't hurt Faora. It was her being exposed to the atmosphere without being able to adjust. She, like Kal-El and Zod would eventually adapt.
Everyone keeps saying that, but Zod didn't fall unconscious when his sensor powers were overloaded. If anything it was a combination of the sensory overload and the missile, although she stood upright and blocked the missile which shows that the overload didn't effect her that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
The two latter are quite a lot more powerful than the former two. If we're talking how they were in the movies Faora didn't come to full terms with her powers and were distracted by them, so I'd say Kurse beats everyone.
Yeah we're just going by what they were able to do in the movies, so from what I've heard I think I'll say Kurse as well. Who do you think would win out of Eric Savin and Viper?

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 11-05-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #7
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah we're just going by what they were able to do in the movies, so from what I've heard I think I'll say Kurse as well. Who do you think would win out of Eric Savin and Viper?
I haven't seen The Wolverine yet. I feel a bit saturated with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine so I'll wait for the DVD/BD.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I haven't seen The Wolverine yet. I feel a bit saturated with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine so I'll wait for the DVD/BD.
I thoroughly enjoyed The Wolverine, I found it to be Hugh's best portrayal of the character yet.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed The Wolverine, I found it to be Hugh's best portrayal of the character yet.
I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I see it. I just never longed for it.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I see it. I just never longed for it.
It wasn't top priority for me either, it was a last minute decision which caused me to go see it.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I voted for Viper, she rocked!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

Oh my god!!! I can not decide! All of them were fantastic, and I am including Faora in this even though I did not like MOS too much. Ummm... I may have to ponder this for a while before I can decide, these "henchmen" and "henchwomen" were all pretty great. I may have to up Viper and Kurse a tiny bit over Savin and Faora since Viper and Kurse were a REALLY BIG threat to Wolvie/Thor, but I can not decide between the two if I had to quite yet. It may take an extra viewing of Thor since I have already seen the Wolverine twice to really judge which one I prefer.

EDIT: Oh wait this is a battle thread... Um I would probably have to say Kurse... but maybe Faora. That would be an interesting fight, I mean Faora is definitely faster than Kurse however I believe Kurse is probably more durable than Faora, both still being super durable. If Kurse actually got Faora down, and if he doesn't stop relentlessly hitting her, then he would win. But of course he would need to actually make contact with her for that to happen... so IDK... My brain is frying trying to decide the outcome. The other two, while strong in there own right, don't stand a chance against these guys from different realms/planets.

Last edited by GriffinSTatum; 11-05-2013 at 08:08 PM.
GriffinSTatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I my opinion Faora > Eric Savin > Viper, I still haven't seen T:TDW so I can't speak on Kurse.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #14
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

oops ! My bad, I keep forgetting TDW was released a week later in the USA, we got it
down here on Oct 31st.

Will repost with spoiler tags. Many apologies.

Last edited by Batmannerism; 11-08-2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: posted spoilers inadvertantly
Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #15
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Jesus dude, spoilers

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #16
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Okay, reposted my reasons why Faora would win with spoiler tags.
If any of you read my earlier post, I apologize profusely, it was all lies
I made it up - Kurse is actually destroyed by an immense golden egg from a giant Asgardian goose that Odin rides into battle...oh ****, I've done it again. NO it was a giant walrus ridden by Volstaag.....

but in all seriousness, sorry about the earlier spoilers, it's so unusual that we get movies
before the States, won't happen again. Don't worry though, TDW is still mega-awesome,
I enjoyed it more than Avengers (and I'm not a Thor fan, MOS was my fave superhero film this year) anyway, enough about that.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Faora. No contest.

Combination of super speed, strength and skills. Kurse died when one of those
grenades (he was conveniently carrying) the Dark Elves used, went off and sucked him in. With her speed Faora could have pulled off the same trick - but assuming that he's
left his grenades at home (kind of stupid to carry around the one thing that can definitely
kill you, if you're highly invulnerable to everything else), but anyway, Faora would still take him down.

Kurse could probably hurt Faora, but he'd have to hit her first. Given her speed and
skills, not likely. He's more purpose designed to destroy Asgardians, so he's resistant
to Thor's hammer and Asgardian weaponry, but wouldn't cope with Faora's speed -or savagery, she's just as nasty as he is.

Stronger ? Not so sure. He picks up a boulder and chucks it at Thor, and then pounds on him, making him bleed, but Faora kicks a truck across the street as if it's nothing, and smacks around Superman, who's bigger and stronger than she is.

People are correct, she got knocked out by a missile (which was designed to take out a tank)...in the face, while experiencing painful sensory overload. Zod didn't pass out from sensory overload, although it clearly hurt him a lot -possibly because he wasn't also hit in THE FACE by a missile at the same time. If Kurse, Thor, or even the Hulk for that matter takes a missile in the face while experiencing sensory overload agony, and don't go down, then I'll re-think my choice.

But otherwise Faora beats Kurse, and then pretty much demolishes Savin and the Viper in about 6.1 seconds ( 6 seconds for Savin, .1 seconds for Viper).

Okay, there you have it.

Last edited by Batmannerism; 11-08-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #17
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I appreciate it greatly, I'm gonna respond tomorrow after I finally see the film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #18
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Okay, reposted my reasons why Faora would win with spoiler tags.
If any of you read my earlier post, I apologize profusely, it was all lies
I made it up - Kurse is actually destroyed by an immense golden egg from a giant Asgardian goose that Odin rides into battle...oh ****, I've done it again. NO it was a giant walrus ridden by Volstaag.....

but in all seriousness, sorry about the earlier spoilers, it's so unusual that we get movies
before the States, won't happen again. Don't worry though, TDW is still mega-awesome,
I enjoyed it more than Avengers (and I'm not a Thor fan, MOS was my fave superhero film this year) anyway, enough about that.

Faora. No contest.

Combination of super speed, strength and skills. Kurse died when one of those
grenades (he was conveniently carrying) the Dark Elves used, went off and sucked him in. With her speed Faora could have pulled off the same trick - but assuming that he's
left his grenades at home (kind of stupid to carry around the one thing that can definitely
kill you, if you're highly invulnerable to everything else), but anyway, Faora would still take him down.

Kurse could probably hurt Faora, but he'd have to hit her first. Given her speed and
skills, not likely. He's more purpose designed to destroy Asgardians, so he's resistant
to Thor's hammer and Asgardian weaponry, but wouldn't cope with Faora's speed -or savagery, she's just as nasty as he is.

Stronger ? Not so sure. He picks up a boulder and chucks it at Thor, and then pounds on him, making him bleed, but Faora kicks a truck across the street as if it's nothing, and smacks around Superman, who's bigger and stronger than she is.

People are correct, she got knocked out by a missile (which was designed to take out a tank)...in the face, while experiencing painful sensory overload. Zod didn't pass out from sensory overload, although it clearly hurt him a lot -possibly because he wasn't also hit in THE FACE by a missile at the same time. If Kurse, Thor, or even the Hulk for that matter takes a missile in the face while experiencing sensory overload agony, and don't go down, then I'll re-think my choice.

But otherwise Faora beats Kurse, and then pretty much demolishes Savin and the Viper in about 6.1 seconds ( 6 seconds for Savin, .1 seconds for Viper).

Okay, there you have it.
hahaha
NO.
Kurse without a doubt.
He was unstoppable. I love how people over rate a speed blitz say Kurse can't catch someone. It's about reaction speed not travel speed. Question, who can scratch Kurse? What is she gonna run around for miles like a gnat around a lion trying to get a lick off? Just an idea of Kurses's invulnerability he tanked Thor's hammer. We've seen the damage that thing can do. The most powerful weapon in the 9 realms... tanked it.

Also Kurse has ridiculous reaction speed. He flicked off The hammer when it was coming at him. The hammer in the movie went to the earth's atmosphere and back within a minute. How's that for a speed feat. That's FASTER THEN A ROCKET SHIP.

So faoroa can fly around like gnat but she'll get swatted like one to. Sure Kurse isn't going to run her down but he doesn't need too.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
Tec15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
hahaha
NO.
Kurse without a doubt.
He was unstoppable. I love how people over rate a speed blitz say Kurse can't catch someone. It's about reaction speed not travel speed. Question, who can scratch Kurse? What is she gonna run around for miles like a gnat around a lion trying to get a lick off? Just an idea of Kurses's invulnerability he tanked Thor's hammer. We've seen the damage that thing can do. The most powerful weapon in the 9 realms... tanked it.

Also Kurse has ridiculous reaction speed. He flicked off The hammer when it was coming at him. The hammer in the movie went to the earth's atmosphere and back within a minute. How's that for a speed feat. That's FASTER THEN A ROCKET SHIP.

So faoroa can fly around like gnat but she'll get swatted like one to. Sure Kurse isn't going to run her down but he doesn't need too.
No way.
Kurse was a big, dumb, lumbering oaf who walked very,very slowly, couldn't fly and had no distance attacks at all. In his only fight scene with Thor (A weaker charater than the Superman Faora faced btw) He got some shots in, but Thor wasn't even trying to fight him head on, and was always waiting to sucker him with Loki. As for invulnerability, he had a rod go right through hims, so yeah he'll be slaughtered by Faora.

Tec15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #20
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

After seeing the film Kurse all the way, it would be one hell of a fight but ol' Kurse just seemed to strong.

Spider-Man - Hear what?