The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 11-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Jacky
Side-Kick

Default The next Wolverine film?

Could it be? What do you guys think the story would be about?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...wolverine-film

Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Default Re: The next Wolverine film?

Omega-Red. He's one of my favorite villains in all of Marvel and a perfect antagonist for Logan in a solo outing.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Bring it on baby. They got 7-10 years to fill gaps between the trilogy and DoFP. Maybe it would take place in the corrected timeline and show how Wolverine gets his adamantium again. Just kidding... or am I?

How to make it not seem redundant? I don't know. Maybe the Russians and the rest of the UN are working on the Sentinels in secrecey, and Omega Red is sort of overseeing some stuff. I'd also bring back Deadpool. Would you combine it with FC 3? I don't think McAvoy and Fassabender are old enough to recruit Jean and Scott given their ages. You could do a Soviet angle set in the 70's or early 80's. You have the 1973 roster plus some added faces, versus the real Deadpool/Omega Red and even Sabertooth. Interesting.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Eddie
Side-Kick

If it can possibly work after DoFP, I want this:

http://http://marvel.com/comics/seri...wolverine_1984

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
Loki882
Side-Kick

There's like a two or three year gap between the main plot of The Wolverine and the mid-credit scene when he encounters Magneto and Xavier in the airport. Also, Yukio is not with him at the time, despite developing a friendship with him and becoming his "bodyguard." You could set the movie within that time if you wanted to. I suggest Wolverine and Yukio going to Russia to battle Omega Red and Spiral.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Mangold confirmed this via twitter. Hah, wow. I really do feel there's no need for a sequel, and at the same time I'm excited. I like most of Mangold's movies.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Yeah but what's the point and how does it connect to the DoFP future? Or what exactly does it lead into? Or is it just a one off film that doesn't relate to anything, that can tackle groundbreaking Wolverine stuff audiences have never been exposed to...

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Yeah but what's the point and how does it connect to the DoFP future? Or what exactly does it lead into? Or is it just a one off film that doesn't relate to anything, that can tackle groundbreaking Wolverine stuff audiences have never been exposed to...
Well, as I understand it, between Logan and Yukio getting on the plane and the mid-credits scene, there's a gap of couple years. Could be anything, and doesn't have to affect DoFP in any way.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
Well, as I understand it, between Logan and Yukio getting on the plane and the mid-credits scene, there's a gap of couple years. Could be anything, and doesn't have to affect DoFP in any way.
In that case, definitely make it the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine storyline. No need to worry about Kitty being "unborn" by the events of DoFP. Plus, Yukio had a prominent role in the story.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
Loki882
Side-Kick

There's no NEED for ANY movie. However, that doesn't mean that they can't be good.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
smallville fan
Hero

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They are making a sequel to sucessful film.

Did we need sequels to hangover.Do we need sequels to return of the Jedi.Do we need
Iron man,Thor,and cap solo films post the avengers.Do we need more jurasic park and
Transformers sequels.Do we need another batman reboot so soon after the dark knight
rises.You could say we don't.Doesn't mean they weren't made or will be made.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
They are making a sequel to sucessful film.

Did we need sequels to hangover.Do we need sequels to return of the Jedi.Do we need
Iron man,Thor,and cap solo films post the avengers.Do we need more jurasic park and
Transformers sequels.Do we need another batman reboot so soon after the dark knight
rises.You could say we don't.Doesn't mean they weren't made or will be made.
... THAT'S HOW IT WORKS?! Darn, this explains why I'm still waiting for that Elektra sequel!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Elektra was a bomb.ALl the others mentioned were box office hits.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

I think those replies are meant for me.

When I say "I do feel there's no need for a sequel", that is how I feel. I think the story didn't build to a sequel a'la X2, especially when the mid-credits scene got us waiting for DoFP, not a Wolverine movie. I got my good Wolverine movie this year and I'm happy with it. We've seen him a lot already. I feel that with this current franchise and cast, there aren't that many stories left to be told if they want to keep it half grounded and not go full comic book.

Of course I did like "The Wolverine" and I like Mangold's movies in general. That was not the point.
I also think TASM wasn't needed, though reboots are another thing. I even liked it a lot. I'm not saying Mangold's next Wolverine will suck, I'm even somewhat excited. Calm down people.

As if people think I was trying to offend them. I understand how the business works. It was just one sentence, a thought, not a F*** you to anyone.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
Eddie
Side-Kick

... I was being sarcastic. I hate Elektra (the film, not the character).

Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
A Necessary Evil
You're Afraid

I don't know how to feel over this. I love TW, but I'm really getting sick of the Wolverine-centric movies. AKA all the X-Men movies except First Class.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

We should take this as good news for a multitude of reasons:

1.) Another X-Universe film that will bring us new supporting players and villains.

2.) The possibility of filling the gap between the end of The Wolverine and its post credit sequence (where I hope this will fall, but who knows at this point)

3.) Mangold gave us arguably the best of Jackman's Wolverine.

4.) More solo movies means a higher chance that the main title will continue without Logan.

Put aside fears that this will interfere with anything else and be happy that Fox are continuing to expand the universe. In the next couple of years we're getting X-Force, another Wolverine and no doubt something to follow DOFP, potentially further films for both timelines. Deadpool may get off the ground eventually too. Future's looking bright from where I'm sitting.

Last edited by henzINNIT; 11-05-2013 at 12:08 PM.
henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

People keep clamoring for a reboot, but it ought to be crystal-clear by now that the PTBs in charge of the X-Franchise see no reason to abandon the continuity they've established (even if DoFP makes a few changes to said continuity), not only because they had the chance to do a reboot and didn't take the opportunity but also because of this news that a sequel/follow-up to The Wolverine is now in development.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Just because they've announced a follow-up to the Wolverine doesn't mean that confirms they are moving forward with the original cast any more than it confirms they are dropping First Class.

The Wolverine follow-up could take place in the time between the ending of The Wolverine up to when DOFP happens (or the stinger at the end of TW happened) and it would have no barring on what happens after DOFP.

Or hell, it could take place in the past as well. It was just announced today - we have no idea what the story will be about.

Knowing Mangold and his feelings about wanting The Wolverine to be a standalone film I would not be surprised in the least if it does take place within the time frame I outlined above. That way, he doesn't have to play within a potentially altered timeline after DOFP and he will get to tell another independent Wolverine story with more room to breath.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #21
Lord
All Mighty

Make it set in Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Part of me wants to see what happened to Sabertooth in the new timeline (even if Sabertooth has to be recast AGAIN) Part of me wants to see Daken or Omega Red.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Part of me wants to see what happened to Sabertooth in the new timeline
Nothing we know suggests that there IS a new timeline.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #24
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Nothing we know suggests that there IS a new timeline.
Don't tell him.He will be starting up before DOFP opens

Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #25
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Part of me wants to see what happened to Sabertooth in the new timeline (even if Sabertooth has to be recast AGAIN) Part of me wants to see Daken or Omega Red.
Liev Shreiber was great. If they bring him back, just explain that his mutation made him more feral. Say he was with Magneto in the first film because his memory wasn't working properly as he became more beast-like. He grabbed Logan's tags because they triggered a vague memory.