The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #751
James.B
Nothing to see here.

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

And they put the name Miranda Tate on the grave instead.
Did any set pictures end up getting leaked from this scene in the end?

Last edited by James.B; 11-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.
James.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #752
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
This is kinda cool. Pics of Bale trolling around (to avoid leaking Wayne's "death") during the funeral scene in TDKR:

http://marco-bale.tumblr.com/post/66...d-bruce-waynes
That sequence is actually pretty funny if you keep your eye on the set photographer who Bale touches on the back. "Hey wha? Oh, it's just you, whatever..."

Old 11-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #753
kvz5
HBIC

I wish we had pics of Anne from the cafe scene. The only ones we got were some paparazzi pics of Bale and Caine. Those were enough though for me to figure out that Bruce had a happy Italian ending. What he's wearing was such a giveaway. The Selina factor was the surprise.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #754
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Quote:
This is kinda cool. Pics of Bale trolling around (to avoid leaking Wayne's "death") during the funeral scene in TDKR:

http://marco-bale.tumblr.com/post/66...d-bruce-waynes
The documentary showed that the tombstone said Miranda Tate on it. That was amusing.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #755
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

That tombstone would have put on a better performance than Marion did for her death scene.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #756
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Imagine the possible debates and talk that would've stemmed if someone was able to leak photos of the tombstone back when they were filming.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #757
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Imagine the possible debates and talk that would've stemmed if someone was able to leak photos of the tombstone back when they were filming.
"Why is Alfred bawling like a baby at Tate's death?! What's going on??? Why is she buried there? Is she Rachel Dawes incarnated?!!!"

I still prefer my suggested trolling before that they had both Anne and Marion at the scene with baby bumps!

Old 11-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #758
James.B
Nothing to see here.

Quote:
I still prefer my suggested trolling before that they had both Anne and Marion at the scene with baby bumps!
Both of them?

Last edited by James.B; 11-05-2013 at 09:01 PM.
James.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #759
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

So is the Ultimate Collector's Trilogy worth it? I plan on getting it on Black Friday this year. Should I pick it up with the Art of the Trilogy book?

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #760
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Howlett View Post

What are these magnificent GIFs from?

Oh, Bane's popular. He's a meme on /co/. Usually uses "For You" or "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #761
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
To be fair, regular folks don't go around talking like Ledger's Joker either.
Melvin does.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #762
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
Oh, Bane's popular. He's a meme on /co/. Usually uses "For You" or "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."
I can see what people mean by Bane's plot not making the most sense, but for the most part, TDKR Bane is good. I like the mask, his outfits and the voice is definitely distinctive.

Could have the first publicity shot of Bane been taken during that sequence up there? The lighting looks the same.

Quote:
I wish we had pics of Anne from the cafe scene. The only ones we got were some paparazzi pics of Bale and Caine. Those were enough though for me to figure out that Bruce had a happy Italian ending. What he's wearing was such a giveaway. The Selina factor was the surprise.
When I found out Brucelina ended the film together it was a fist pump moment. It was against the tide of people saying it wouldn't or shouldn't happen. I wonder what Selina ordered? Probably the most fancy thing on the menu, paid with some guy's stolen wallet.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #763
RafSwi7
New User - Level 0

Does anyone know what is the name of the instrumental that plays in the background (near the end of documentary) when they say that "time renders justice to quality"?

RafSwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #764
Lazarus33
Side-Kick

Took me a while to find online, but for anyone who would like to watch "The Fires Rises" documentary (broken into 10 parts) online - it can be found pretty easily by searching for it now.

Last edited by Lazarus33; 11-17-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: May be violating posting rules
Lazarus33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #765
kvz5
HBIC

Hardy and Hathaway's screen-tests:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/1...hathaways.html

I actually like Anne's delivery of the "you don't owe this people anymore" in the movie rather than the screen test. Regardless, she was fabulous especially in the masquerade part.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #766
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Thanks!

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #767
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Hardy and Hathaway's screen-tests:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/1...hathaways.html

I actually like Anne's delivery of the "you don't owe this people anymore" in the movie rather than the screen test. Regardless, she was fabulous especially in the masquerade part.
At 1:20 when she's standing up from a crouch position...

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #768
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
So is the Ultimate Collector's Trilogy worth it? I plan on getting it on Black Friday this year. Should I pick it up with the Art of the Trilogy book?
I want the documentary real bad..but the rest of the content is just not worth it. Ultraviolet sucks, I already own the movies, and the rest of the stuff is superflous (seems to be at least)...
As much as I love batman and the trilogy I dont see myself springing for this...

I gotta hope that at some point WB decides to cash in on the documentary and put it on itunes for a "reasonable" price.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #769
shauner111
Side-Kick

They should do that. Release the documentary on its own.

I do feel like in 10, 15 years when this new universe for Batman cools down (or comes to a dead end), we'll see a new set. I doubt it'll be a massive boxset but more like a simple set with the 3 films on blu-ray. Or whatever the new technology is by then. With brand new transfers. And probably a commentary option for each film done by the Nolans & Goyer. Another dream would be to have the 3 films released without all these extras and Rises is done as a "director's cut". Like what ended up happening with Bladerunner, which is Nolans favorite movie. If not a director's cut then deleted scenes like the one with Miranda/Fox sitting down talking, Bruce walking into the party, Bruce walking out of his cell, Bane with his prototype mask on training with the League, maybe the hospital scene with Gordon extended a bit and hopefully the option to hear Banes original voice in the prologue & elsewhere.

It's all a big unrealistic dream. But i think it's possible that between 10 to 20 years from now theyll pump out another set for whatever the next blu-ray is. Some new transfers, commentary, and all the extras we couldnt see from TDKR. Sounds worth it.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #770
Victarion
Cut

There was also a scene from some of the trailers of a tumbler blasting the steps of city hall. You see an explosion as the tumbler climbs them. I guess that was the one Talia used in her convoy.

Those gifs of Bane in the shadows: deleted scenes or test footage? The one where the clothe is taken from Bane's head looks like it could be the unveiling of his current mask.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #771
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

It's test footage.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #772
shauner111
Side-Kick

I love Rises to death, some days it's my favorite of the three but i would do anything to buy a director's cut with everything i wrote in my above post but also a few other things..

Imagine Nolan putting in a different take for Talia's death scene? Imagine how such a move would shut up all the haters? There were a few takes for that one because Marions husband said so.

Also an option, one click away, where you can just hit a button while you're watching the movie. Where you can go from Bane's original voice as shot, to the ADR that we eventually saw in a few scenes from the theatrical/current blu-ray. That would be awesome.

We know the Alfred-Bruce emotional scene was a little bit longer. We know Foley's original death could be used in a director's cut. Maybe. We also know that from the trailers that there's more footage of Bruce doing pushups before exiting his cell door. Im going to assume that's one scene, before his final jump.

It can probably be a 3 hour movie if you also include those extra Bane/Miranda-Fox scenes. Im sure it was cut to 2:45 all because of that Imax limitation.

Last edited by shauner111; 11-30-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #773
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

It would be ideal, but it is unlikely they will do it.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #774
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Why does everyone think TDKR had a tremendous amount of footage cut out? I've read the script, book, and checked. At most, we have a few seconds, maybe even three minutes at most of dialogue cut out, Foley's death, Wayne entering the party w/ rose petals falling down, Bruce training a little bit in the prison, and Bane's backstory.

At most, 6 minutes of footage. At most.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #775
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, im obviously exaggerating if i say it would be 3 hours long. Probably a little over 5 minutes extra footage. But it's worth it.

I havent read the script or the book, how long is the Miranda-Lucius scene? A minute? Because we have a still photo of them sitting down talking so i know they shot it.