The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #26
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Iron Man had some amazing action in TA, but Hulk stole the show in terms of audience impact. Hopefully Hulk gets more screen-time in AoU. I think he definitely will, since they have Disney backing the budget and by extension, ILM at their disposal. Expenses shouldn't be a problem.
Indeed, we better get some solo Hulk films with Ruffalo too!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #27
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Cap's had many great storylines over the years. While the comic storyline of the serum killing Steve Rogers and making weak was poorly executed, on film that might make an interesting 3rd film. Winter Soldier's trailer indicates possibly using elements of Cap being an enemy of the state, so that probably is out. You can use many of Mark Waid's stories from his Cap run instead. Cap has a lot of untapped potential without going with Fallen Son/Return of Steve Rogers this early.
With the energy shield? It would be much along the lines of Iron Man 3, where we take away the character's abilities to prove they are still everything they are supposed to be without their powers. But I don't know, I'm not too familiar with Waid's run. Not sure that it can be too early for Fallen/Return if Winter Soldier is already around. I feel like a lesser story would just be stalling and possibly mean doing the story with someone other than Evans, which would dramatically lessen the impact.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #28
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

It would be cool to see Caps energy shield for a very little time in one film. Like the one in EMH after Loki breaks his real one. But I wouldn't want the energy one for long haha.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 11-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #29
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/jim-sta...050000936.html

Quote:
Jim Starlin is teasing a return to his most famous comic book creation in 2014, posting a (barely) disguised image of Thanos on his Facebook page.
So,good-bye to Thanos 'son'

Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #30
Japs

So my friend sent me this link to imgur telling me The Avengers 2 script leaked? He didn't tell me anything about it he only sent me this screenshot. He doesn't work for Marvel or anything but this does seem kind of legit.

http://imgur.com/I7lOHjQ

It's not really spoirlery or anything. It's Tony and Ultron talking and kind of fighting. My friend also knew about the Mandarin twist before IM3 ever came out. But he NEVER tells me where he gets his stuff. Has anyone else seen this floating around and can confirm it?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #31
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

^ first i've heard about it

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 11-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #32
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Quote:
jonathancrane
Quote:
Son of Coul
Thanks!

Last edited by HunBoy; 11-06-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #33
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Indeed, we better get some solo Hulk films with Ruffalo too!
Yes!

Although it might be strange if they are downbeat like the other solo films with soul searching and being an outcast rather than the "fun" Hulk of Avengers. I don't think it would make sense continuity wise to go back to that.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #34
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Last movie in last phase: "Hulk: The End"

Old 11-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #35
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japs View Post
So my friend sent me this link to imgur telling me The Avengers 2 script leaked? He didn't tell me anything about it he only sent me this screenshot. He doesn't work for Marvel or anything but this does seem kind of legit.

It's not really spoirlery or anything. It's Tony and Ultron talking and kind of fighting. My friend also knew about the Mandarin twist before IM3 ever came out. But he NEVER tells me where he gets his stuff. Has anyone else seen this floating around and can confirm it?
Again with the fake screenplays from wannabee novelists. Screenwriting is *nothing* like writing a novel or short story: you don't tell a director how to direct in a screenplay, and you don't tell an actor how to act in a screenplay. A script is barebones --- it tells you the dialogue, it tells you the action, it tells you what props and settings you'll need for each particular scene. Nothing more.

Another fake script page. Nothing to see there.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #36
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again with the fake screenplays from wannabee novelists. Screenwriting is *nothing* like writing a novel or short story: you don't tell a director how to direct in a screenplay, and you don't tell an actor how to act in a screenplay. A script is barebones --- it tells you the dialogue, it tells you the action, it tells you what props and settings you'll need for each particular scene. Nothing more.

Looks close to actual screenplays I've read. I don't see anything immediately marking it as fake. A lot of screenplays have even more scene setup and direction that what they have here. It's not uncommon.

Also, Whedon is writing the script. He's not telling anyone but himself what to do in the scene.

Last edited by Crimson King; 11-06-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #37
Japs

Quote:

Um Whedon is writing AND directing and I've read lots of script pdfs that follow that exact format stuff so formatting isn't enough for me to think it ISN'T real.

I'm still waiting on major confirmation, I guess

Old 11-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #38
Japs

Here's the first Avengers script for reference. Both pieces look pretty solid.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100239869/Avengers-Script

Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #39
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Looks close to actual screenplays I've read. I don't see anything immediately marking it as fake. A lot of screenplays have even more scene setup and direction that what they have here. It's not uncommon.

Also, Whedon is writing the script. He's not telling anyone but himself what to do in the scene.

Giveaways:

"Tony reaches for the gauntlet sparkling a few inches away from his collapsed body."

"Tony manages to grip it between his fingers before pressing it deep into his palm."

"A low SUPERSONIC HUM replaces the echo. It builds as panic rides over Stark's face; he straightens his arm in Ultron's direction."

Wayyyyy too flowery prose there, stuff reserved for novelization, not screenplays. Screenplays are about economy of words, telling the director just enough about how to set up the scene and what's going on there. Those directions above, had they been in an actual script, would've read more like:

"TONY reaches for the GAUNTLET nearby."
"TONY grabs the GAUNTLET and puts it on."
"A low SUPERSONIC HUM replaces the echo. It builds. TONY is panicking. He raises his arm and aims at ULTRON."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #40
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Not saying it isn't fake, Sam, just that scripts aren't as bare-bones as you make them out to be. There is some direction and character work in them.

A bigger tell here is the lack of watermark.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #41
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

WOW nice score!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #42
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:

The dialogue is very good and the scene sounds interesting however I think it's fake. No watermark, and since Ultron has three lines in a row, after the first it would be replaced with "ULTRON (CONT'D)". Every professional and amateur screenwriter knows this. Other than that it looks fairly legit.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #43
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Not saying it isn't fake, Sam, just that scripts aren't as bare-bones as you make them out to be. There is some direction and character work in them.

Yeah but not all have water marks, at least my Protosevich Thor draft never did

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #44
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Whedon used watermarks on his first Avengers script. I doubt he wouldn't for the second, but maybe you're right.

Still, seems fake to me.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #45
smashmode
House Stark

I remember awhile back someone at 4chan or reddit who was a marvel employee leaked plot details for Avengers 2. That seemed pretty legit.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #46
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:

I just looked at several different random screenplays for popular films and each of them have the elements you mention. It's true scripts aren't novels, but they *do* need a certain amount of descriptive flair to inspire the imagination and tell a coherent story. Otherwise it'd be like reading a phone book.

There are tons of articles I found in my brief googling going into more detail about finding that balance.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #47
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Is this going to be a regular thing -_- Saw a suppose leaked script page like a week ago with JARVIS speaking with Tony then becoming Ultron

Old 11-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #48
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
I remember awhile back someone at 4chan or reddit who was a marvel employee leaked plot details for Avengers 2. That seemed pretty legit.
Oh yeah he said the Avengers fight an Ultron robot army and Jarvis becomes vision i think. Anyone still has a link to that info?

Old 11-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #49
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I recall that rumor
But still reaaallly hoping they don't fight another cannon-fodder army

Old 11-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #50
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Regardless of whether any of that ends up being true, I really like the idea of Jarvis becoming Vision