Default Re: The next Wolverine film?

Old Man Logan. If they insist.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #27
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Liev Shreiber was great. If they bring him back, just explain that his mutation made him more feral. Say he was with Magneto in the first film because his memory wasn't working properly as he became more beast-like. He grabbed Logan's tags because they triggered a vague memory.

If they don't create a new timeline, say that A. Sinister cloned him since Sabertooth does work for Sinister in the comics or B. he survived the fall from his healing factor.

With regards to X1, say that Sabertooth didn't bother to bring up Wolverine since it wasn't important or that Sabertooth also had his memory wiped. There are ways to bring characters back/handwave things.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
Double B
Side-Kick

Logan, Yukio and Rogue deal with Omega Red in Russia.

Please thanks.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #29
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think Hugh Jackman's Wolverine would fit nicely into Old Man Logan's character. Obviously not much else would be able to be adapted from the comics. But perhaps it can still show him and his family. Hasn't unsheathed his claws in years. Lives peacefully. Until someone like Sabretooth, Omega Red, some other mutant(s) threaten/kill his family. And he goes on a rampage. Some stuff like that. Yeah. Perhaps an old version of Gambit can take the place of blind Hawkeye. Mastermind could replace Mysterio. Whew. that'd be chilling to see onscreen.

Giving it some more thought I guess Mangold would be ideal for this style of film too.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 11-05-2013 at 03:05 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #30
krycek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post

Please thanks.
This.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #31
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

I think just wheeling in another villain and another setting isn't enough. The Wolverine had character stakes and an arc. They'd have to bring something new character-wise for Wolverine. So I'm interested in knowing what that is. It seems FOX isn't going to let go of this continuity anytime soon which prevents a definitive end like something like The Dark Knight Rises had.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #32
bhayes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Bring it on baby. They got 7-10 years to fill gaps between the trilogy and DoFP. Maybe it would take place in the corrected timeline and show how Wolverine gets his adamantium again. Just kidding... or am I?

How to make it not seem redundant? I don't know. Maybe the Russians and the rest of the UN are working on the Sentinels in secrecey, and Omega Red is sort of overseeing some stuff. I'd also bring back Deadpool. Would you combine it with FC 3? I don't think McAvoy and Fassabender are old enough to recruit Jean and Scott given their ages. You could do a Soviet angle set in the 70's or early 80's. You have the 1973 roster plus some added faces, versus the real Deadpool/Omega Red and even Sabertooth. Interesting.

i agree. basically we have a bone claws wolverine left behind in DOFP after future wolverine returns to the future.

so i think they should show how wolverine got his adamantium again without making it redundant. i agree.

we are introduced to a young william stryker right? so now we can see how wolverine met stryker and finally retcon x-men orgins for good. Do a more accurate reinactment of the weapon x procdure that we saw in those flashbacks.

but they need to do it in a way that makes it cool and not redundant.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #33
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I hope that Mangold comes back and they do a continuation of Yukio and Logan

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #34
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

well there are already hints they are retconing Origins.

Bryan SInger confirmed DOFP future Is 2023.That's possibly nailing down the last Stand to
taking place In 2013 due to his 10 years after last Stand.It's been said wolverine's mind
switch takes place before he meets Stryker.

Origins has wolverine and Sabretooth serving In vietnam.DOFP Is possibly recon that.
Rather you think most or origins Is late 1970's or early 1980's It's hard to reconcile that
to OT taking place In early 2010's.

It's possable Singer wants his flashbacks In X-Men and X2 to be official word on wolverine getting his metal and return to "15 years before OT" date.

I could be wrong but this Is possable.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #35
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I think just wheeling in another villain and another setting isn't enough. The Wolverine had character stakes and an arc. They'd have to bring something new character-wise for Wolverine. So I'm interested in knowing what that is. It seems FOX isn't going to let go of this continuity anytime soon which prevents a definitive end like something like The Dark Knight Rises had.
They could go with the carbonadium synthesizer story line route like in the comics. Have Omega hunting down Team X members only to find out they are all dead and Wolvie is the only one left alive (that Omega knows of). Omega goes on the hunt for Wolvie

It could certainly be a way for Wolverine to face his past once again without having to rehash elements from Origins. The could certainly also tie it to the Red Room and Russian black ops.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #36
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I hope that Mangold comes back and they do a continuation of Yukio and Logan
It's pretty much looking like Mangold Is coming back.He will be only second director to do more than 1 film In franchise.

I would like to see a Logan and Yukio romance in this film since she was partly just his sidekick In The wolverine.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm happy that this might happen! A Wolverine trilogy! Plus with DOFP coming out next year, I think it will help this movie to earn more money than The Wolverine.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #38
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

If they did Omega should he have a connection to Logan?

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
Dasher10
Side-Kick

I'd like to see things happen where instead of Wolverine being part of Weapon X, with an altered they instead focused on Sabertooth alone and the fact that he was a complete psychopath scared the crap out of the Russians who themselves found a mutant with zero empathy and a ton of anger issues and used him in Afghanistan in the attempt to match the West.

Naturally, Sabertooth goes AWOL, which makes the Western Bloc look like fools and Omega Red is responsible for so many war crimes that the Soviet Union puts him on ice.

Naturally, Russian gangsters unfreeze Omega Red. He then kills them, takes over their organization and begins a terror campaign across Moscow.

This is where Wolverine has to choose to go back to infusing himself with adamantium even though it will affect his quality of life. It's something that he simply has to do to protect the innocent even though he doesn't want to. The main theme of the film would be making personal sacrifices to ensure the greater good and how the strong have a responsibility to protect the weak.

Keep in mind that Omega Red's carbonadium synthesizer is damaged in the third act which makes him toxic. During the final fight, Omega Red does infect Wolverine and he is in danger of dying against somebody who is a superior version of him. This is at a point where Wolverine has given up on life as he has all of his memories and part of him genuinely does want Omega Red to kill him. This is a man who truly does want to die but keeps fighting on because other people still need him.

Last edited by Dasher10; 11-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #40
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Wolverine has Adamantium though, it's just his claws that are gone

Old 11-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #41
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

If wolverine changes the past and stops the events of the wolverine from happening then he will still have the metal claws, that's honestly how I can see him getting them back

Old 11-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #42
Loki882
Side-Kick

I had a basic story idea in my head. Someone is framing Wolverine for a series of terrorist attacks and assassinations across Europe. Wolverine and Yukio are tipped off that the answer lies in Russia. After some investigation, they discover that it was all a trap by Omega Red and Spiral. Both have a grudge against Wolverine for something that happened in the past, and are determined to destroy him in every way possible. They then have to find a way out of the situation while also stopping OR and Spiral. I'd also like to see either Rogue or Kitty team up with Wolverine and Yukio.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #43
SpitCurl
Side-Kick

I'm so torn on this news. As much as I loved The Wolverine (well, 3/4 of it - the last act was just all kinds of wrong, tonally) I was psyched about the idea of some new blood getting to take a stab (no pun intended) at Logan.

I love Hugh's enthusiasm and he's always given the character 100% but I'm just kind of... bored with his interpretation now. Credit where credit is due, The Wolverine did do a bit of correcting the overly-mopey teary-eyed Logan, but man, I just think back to X1 and Logan's opening scene and how badass he was and it just seems like he peaked in that one moment. He never really recaptured that. The pseudo berserker rage in X2 and all the fights in The Wolverine still didn't quite capture what I suppose I'll never see on film so long as these stories are being targeted to families and a pg-13 rating, no matter who wears the claws.

But I think a change of actors - someone who can come in fresh without any baggage and be the brooding, mysterious, gruff loner from frame one - would go a long way in reinvigorating Logan as a character. As it stands, I'll give Hugh and James Mangold the benefit of the doubt for part 3. Maybe third time's the charm here.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #44
Antihero
Side-Kick

As long as the movie is entertaining,I am not bothered even if they deviate(even grossly) from the comics.

Wolverine and Alpha Flight:Great way to introduce a new superhero team

Wolverine and Jubilee:No offense to Shadowcat.But Jubilee being of Asian Origin would help the movie do better in Asia and China

Wolverine in Russia:Introducing Omega Red as the Villain

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #45
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Omega Red and Spiral have the potential to be awesome.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #46
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:

Please thanks.
add Colossus as well

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #47
JP
Smelly

Quote:

Please thanks.
And some God damn Liev!

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #48
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
add Colossus as well
I hope they don't include too many mutants in the movie. 4 to 5 mutants would be fine!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #49
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Old Man Logan & Daken?

Also, if this is after DOFP changes the timeline, then we don't need to worry about his claws, because The Wolverine (and Jean's death) might not have happened anymore.

Or if they do keep most of The Wolverine intact somehow, perhaps Magneto will manipulate the adamantium to form new claws for Wolverine
(I'm hoping to see Magneto do this in DOFP before Wolverine time-travels anyways).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 11-06-2013 at 12:49 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #50
Antihero
Side-Kick

There shouldn't be too many mutants like in Last Stand but there shouldn't so few like The Wolverine

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote