The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 11-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #51
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The next Wolverine film?

Few, you mean 3? Not counting Jean Grey, Professor X and Magneto?

I just think Fox shouldn't include too many mutants, well first of all, this is not a team movie, where its usually 5 or more good mutants vs 5 or more bad mutants. 2nd, it would avoid them of including mutants (that we haven't seen before) appearing in only 1 to 2 scenes. 3rd, this would give more space for character development for the most important characters in the movie and 4th, it would help FOX not to spend more than $150 million and instead of spending so much money into VFX, they could use the extra money in other things like marketing, sets, locations. And The Wolverine being small-scaled actually helped it to be a better movie, I hope they also do that in this movie.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #52
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Few, you mean 3? Not counting Jean Grey, Professor X and Magneto?
Yes.

I don't want a overload of mutants.But that doesn't mean it has to be like The Wolverine.Except Wolverine,we didn't get to see to see any mutants displaying their powers at all.Viper was wasted and Yukio's powers aren't interesting.

One of the things that make X-Men interesting is it has so many mutants.I fell in love with X-Men because of the wide array of powers they displaced.If Wolverine 3 has Omega Red as the major villain,that doesn't mean I want to see only those in the entire movie.I would love to one or two mutants along with Wolverine as well as a few Super-Soldiers of Russia as well.

Let's face it.Wolverine is immortal.Wolverine being the hero wins in the end.So having a few susceptible mutants like Jubilee(Ellen Page is big and costs money)only makes it more interesting.

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #53
Lord
All Mighty

Logan and Yukio, their chemistry was interesting

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #54
Antihero
Side-Kick

I hope Jubilee appears in the next Wolverine movie.I loved the chemistry between her and Wolverine in the cartoon

Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #55
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Wolverine, Jubilee and Omega-Red? I can dig it.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #56
Antihero
Side-Kick

If Omega Red is the main-villain,I have a feeling the final fight will be disappointing as Wolverine vs Omega Red.The climax seems to be a problem with Wolverine movies,be it Origins or The Wolverine

Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #57
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Old Man Logan & Daken?

Also, if this is after DOFP changes the timeline, then we don't need to worry about his claws, because The Wolverine (and Jean's death) might not have happened anymore.

Or if they do keep most of The Wolverine intact somehow, perhaps Magneto will manipulate the adamantium to form new claws for Wolverine
(I'm hoping to see Magneto do this in DOFP before Wolverine time-travels anyways).
They're not going to undo The Wolverine (or The Last Stand); undoing Origins: Wolverine does seem to be 'on the table' in some fashion, but even if that happens, Logan will still have been 'Adimantiumized' at some point between DoFP and the first X-Men.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #58
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
And some God damn Liev!
Yes!

Logan, Rogue, Yukio, Omega Red and Sabretooth.

Great cast.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #59
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Have no idea what the title will be.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #60
bhayes
Side-Kick

I have an idea.

basically i see it like this. in DOFP - future wolverine will help the First Class Team prevent the creation of the sentinels right?

i suspect that this bone claws wolverine will suit up with the first class team in a final battle.

i honestly think that there will be a mind wipe - scene where everybody gets their memories erased somehow - because wolverine has to meet xavier in the year 2000 and they can't alter the past too much or it will change the future.

i think that first class 3 or first class 4? should show the return of a young cyclops and jean grey along with beast and introduce a young storm too. and wolverine could be in his own film.

i honestly think that mangold and jackman could redo orgins! this time just call the film Weapon X.

Jackman could be in X-Force Films

and in his own film series.

In the animated series - Team X - (Wolverine, Sabertooth, Maverick, Silver Fox) go on a mission against Omega Red.

so this could fit in Historically. Omega Red was created during the cold war era - of the 70's/80's so this new wolverine film could take place during that time period.

and this film could take place in the past - after the events of DOFP - with bone claws wolverine doing black ops mission with William Stryker at first.

and we see him meet the typer mane version of sabertooth, an accurate depiction of Maverick (A german not the american-asian guy we saw in orgins) and a real native american (Silver Fox) - so

and in the film - we see Logan go against Omega Red with bone claws....and in this film we see a more hardcore - raw dark wolverine.

and the film can end with them Logan getting the adamantium precedure that we saw in the flashbacks in xmen 1 & 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QggIEN96vgw

Last edited by bhayes; 11-06-2013 at 03:36 PM.
bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #61
kasjan
Side-Kick

Just give me Dolph Lundgren as Omega Red, ideal age and height to play this Russian white walker.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #62
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
I don't want a overload of mutants.But that doesn't mean it has to be like The Wolverine.Except Wolverine,we didn't get to see to see any mutants displaying their powers at all.Viper was wasted and Yukio's powers aren't interesting.
I don't think Viper was wasted at all especially she wasn't even a mutant in the comics. But I have to say that they should have replaced Harada with another mutant (which is inline with Yashida's obsession with mutants) like Sunfire. Harada just didn't interest me at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
If Omega Red is the main-villain,I have a feeling the final fight will be disappointing as Wolverine vs Omega Red.The climax seems to be a problem with Wolverine movies,be it Origins or The Wolverine
They just need to hire a good writer that could deliver a solid script.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #63
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Just give me Dolph Lundgren as Omega Red, ideal age and height to play this Russian white walker.
Isn't he too old to play Omega Red?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #64
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayes View Post
I have an idea.

basically i see it like this. in DOFP - future wolverine will help the First Class Team prevent the creation of the sentinels right?

i suspect that this bone claws wolverine will suit up with the first class team in a final battle.

i honestly think that there will be a mind wipe - scene where everybody gets their memories erased somehow - because wolverine has to meet xavier in the year 2000 and they can't alter the past too much or it will change the future.

i think that first class 3 or first class 4? should show the return of a young cyclops and jean grey along with beast and introduce a young storm too. and wolverine could be in his own film.

i honestly think that mangold and jackman could redo orgins! this time just call the film Weapon X.

Jackman could be in X-Force Films

and in his own film series.

In the animated series - Team X - (Wolverine, Sabertooth, Maverick, Silver Fox) go on a mission against Omega Red.

so this could fit in Historically. Omega Red was created during the cold war era - of the 70's/80's so this new wolverine film could take place during that time period.

and this film could take place in the past - after the events of DOFP - with bone claws wolverine doing black ops mission with William Stryker at first.

and we see him meet the typer mane version of sabertooth, an accurate depiction of Maverick (A german not the american-asian guy we saw in orgins) and a real native american (Silver Fox) - so

and in the film - we see Logan go against Omega Red with bone claws....and in this film we see a more hardcore - raw dark wolverine.

and the film can end with them Logan getting the adamantium precedure that we saw in the flashbacks in xmen 1 & 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QggIEN96vgw
I hope an alternate timeline(or reboot or whatever you call it) takes place.And hope this time they don't mess up.There are so many interesting things that can be done with X-Men and Wolverine

Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #65
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
And some God damn Liev!
Yes please! Fingers crossed...

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #66
Antihero
Side-Kick

Liev Schreiber was a badass Sabretooth.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #67
Loki882
Side-Kick

Liev Schreiber is always awesome. I always loved his description of why he agreed to play Sabretooth.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #68
kguillou
Side-Kick

Ehhhhh. I like Liev as an actor....but he's NO Sabertooth. Sabertooth is supposed to be an animalistic, snarling, soulless, evil bastard. None of that was present in his version of Sabertooth. They need to get an actor who looks much more intimidating that Liev to play him.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #69
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

If they do Omega-Red, it doesn't have to be about it's origin. Have the movie placed in present day with Logan being approached by Weapon X because they believe the Russians are trying to un-ice Red. Have them bring together Maverick, Sabertooth and Fox and leave for Russia. Do a few flashbacks in between. And then:

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #70
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Ehhhhh. I like Liev as an actor....but he's NO Sabertooth. Sabertooth is supposed to be an animalistic, snarling, soulless, evil bastard. None of that was present in his version of Sabertooth. They need to get an actor who looks much more intimidating that Liev to play him.
Who's to say he couldn't do that?

The Origins movie was quite bad and never really let any of the cast get to grips with their characters.

He was much better than that snarling furball from X1.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #71
Antihero
Side-Kick

X-1 Sabretooth sucked.

Suppose Omega Red is the villain.How do you want the ending to the movie to be?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #72
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't like the idea of Sabretooth appearing again. I really hope they go with someone we haven't seen before.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #73
Cherry
Side-Kick

psylock, I thought you didn't want any movies that weren't OT team movies?

Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #74
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Except for Wolverine 3 and thats because The Wolverine only had a budget of $120 million and it tripled its budget at the box-office. Another Wolverine movie is pretty much a guaranteed success unlike X-Force and Deadpool. Also future Wolverine movies will be probably be set in the modern-day world/present day unlike another First Class movie.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #75
Antihero
Side-Kick

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Cyber yet?