The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #376
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Default Re: The Official Man of Steel Blu Ray Thread

Are there any features exclusive to the UK release that aren't on the US release?
I'm actually getting both releases because of the US Target exclusive and the UK box cover.

MoS has cost me fortune and I didn't even think the movie was all that but I'm a sucker for making of features. I'm beginning to despise this trend of shop exclusives, reminds me of exclusive comic covers where you have to get several covers of the same comic.
It's exploitation.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #377
slumcat
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

This different extra features at different outlets is absolutely disgusting and silly.

Goes to show that studios have no integrity about their product at all. They just want to fleece money out of you.

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #378
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
This different extra features at different outlets is absolutely disgusting and silly.

Goes to show that studios have no integrity about their product at all. They just want to fleece money out of you.
Agreed. I ended up buying 3 different versions of Amazing Spider-Man.
Sure it was MY choice to buy the different versions but if they put all the extras in one release I wouldn't have to. I notice this exclusive version trend only happens with the biggest releases; Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Avengers.

Very, very annoying.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #379
kguillou
Side-Kick

While I agree its a little ridiculous, I'll play devil's advocate and say that I'm sure a big reason why they're doing it is because these different retail outlets are paying the studios to do it. The same with video game exclusives, these retail outlets are trying their hardest, now more than ever, to get people into their stores instead of, say, buying these things online. So, with that said, I can't totally put all the blame on the studios, they're being given incentives to provide these exclusives.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #380
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
While I agree its a little ridiculous, I'll play devil's advocate and say that I'm sure a big reason why they're doing it is because these different retail outlets are paying the studios to do it. The same with video game exclusives, these retail outlets are trying their hardest, now more than ever, to get people into their stores instead of, say, buying these things online. So, with that said, I can't totally put all the blame on the studios, they're being given incentives to provide these exclusives.

It's a fair comment I guess. I suppose I can live with it if it means ASM 2 (for example) gets another 20 million for effects.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #381
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

SO can someone give me some true insight on which package deal is the BEST?

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #382
Zorex
No T, No Shade

WalMart's VUDU exclusive features revealed: "The Sonic Landscape of Man Of Steel" (13 minutes) and "The Iconic Characters of Man Of Steel" (19 minutes).

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...eel-Theatrical

Old 11-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #383
Heat Vision
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: The Official Man of Steel Blu Ray Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I guess you nailed it.

Heat Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #384
Glassjaw
In training

Wow, I'm not looking forward to seeing how boned us UK'ers will be when it comes to extras. The whole splitting of extra's really kills my enthusiasm for home releases.

Glassjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #385
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Just got mine. Really disappointed with the lack of features. I was really looking forward to seeing "Journey of Discovery: Creating Man of Steel". It doesn't even have the "Planet Krypton" feature.

I'll probably give this to a friend of mine and import the US version. Any idea if it's region free?

Dark_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #386
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Another clip from "All-Out Action."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #387
X Knight
Saber Class

does Best Buy offer any kind of special feature?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #388
titansupes
Side-Kick

Just got mine. No 'Journey of Discovery' for me, either.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #389
dazzb

[QUOTE=Dark_Lord;27151945]Just got mine. Really disappointed with the lack of features. I was really looking forward to seeing "Journey of Discovery: Creating Man of Steel". It doesn't even have the "Planet Krypton" feature.

Last edited by dazzb; 11-06-2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: replied to wrong poster
dazzb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #390
dazzb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN O STEEL View Post
I just got my mos limited edition bluray today and was greatly looking forward to watching the maximum movie mode. But there is none. I'm so pissed
Got mine today too. Not happy either.

I emailed Warner Australia so get some sort of reason for the omitted features.

It will be interesting to hear what their reasons for missing stuff is.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #391
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

Ok guys for anyone outside the U.S. The maximum movie mode is on your ultra violet copy of the film. I just discovered it last night. I'm so sorry if I misled anyone on not getting the extra feature. I just didn't read the fine print. So if you got the ultra violet copy, register it and you can watch the journey of discovery mode. Again apologies to anyone I have misled. Enjoy the feature. It was very indepth.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #392
Adamantium
Your King

But do you have to watch it on your computer? Can it be watched on your blu ray player?

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #393
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

No you can only watch it on a portable device (phone, tablet etc) or computer. Unless you decide to download it instead, which you can, but it's only standard definition. I streamed my copy instead and the quality was not very good. Dvd quality at best.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #394
dazzb

Quote:
Ok guys for anyone outside the U.S. The maximum movie mode is on your ultra violet copy of the film. I just discovered it last night. I'm so sorry if I misled anyone on not getting the extra feature. I just didn't read the fine print. So if you got the ultra violet copy, register it and you can watch the journey of discovery mode. Again apologies to anyone I have misled. Enjoy the feature. It was very indepth.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but you have to watch it on a device (computer, laptop, phone), you can't burn a copy on to disc and watch it thru on blu ray player.
And why the hell have Warner made it available only thru Ultra Violet and not put it on the other blu ray disc in set.
Is it because they are trying to force people to use Ultra Violet?
Not good enough from Warner at all.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #395
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

Yeah sorry dazzb. Portable devices only. As I said above, you do get the option to download it, however I only streamed it. the download size is 1gb. Also as I said when I watched it the quality was dvd, a poor dvd at best. Not worth my download. also I agree with you, I have no idea why this wasn't put on the bluray itself. I dont care for ultra violet and it simply makes no sense to have it there. But atleast it is infact there, in some form.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #396
dazzb

Quote:
Yeah sorry dazzb. Portable devices only. As I said above, you do get the option to download it, however I only streamed it. the download size is 1gb. Also as I said when I watched it the quality was dvd, a poor dvd at best. Not worth my download. also I agree with you, I have no idea why this wasn't put on the bluray itself. I dont care for ultra violet and it simply makes no sense to have it there. But atleast it is infact there, in some form.
I'll still keep the JB set I got but wait for US or UK discs to come down in price and grab standard edition with it on.
Thanks for the info anyway my fellow Aussie.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #397
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Unfortunately mine doesn't even have an UltraViolet copy. It's just 2 discs. The film in 2D with extras and the film in 3D. I'm going to wait for confirmation on the region of the US version (usually WB blu-rays are region free) and I'll import a copy.

Dark_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #398
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Anyone who has the U.S. Blu-ray combo (either 2D or 3D), what is the full audio and subtitle specs? Warners usually includes French, Spanish and Portuguese dubs and subtitles on their releases, but I heard Warners included Mandarin-Chinese and Thai dub options on the Blu-ray for this too.

Can anyone confirm that? If you could, that'd be a great help.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #399
Binker
Side-Kick

Finally! Blu-ray.com reviews Man of Steel:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Man-of.../51265/#Review

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #400
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Interesting that the 2D version is only reviewed so far. Usually they post the reviews for both editions at the same time.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote