The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #826
taintedFB
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Any new rumors or news on this front?

Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #827
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

nope

Old 11-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #828
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Happy birthday Famke Janssen!!

new pics:

Old 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #829
krycek
Side-Kick

She looks fantastic for her age. I would love to see her and Cyclops back. I don't care how they do it or why. I just want them both back.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #830
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

The more convoluted the reason the better. We just want our Romeo and Juliet back dammnit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 11-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #831
DOFP
Side-Kick

That's all I want from this movie #bringbackromeo&juliet

Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #832
darkangel
Side-Kick

I want a special cameo so much

Old 11-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #833
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Actually Famke Jannsen looks more fitting to a villain role now, her looks are perfect for it, maybe Selene or Madelyne Pyror in a future movie?

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 11-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #834
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

She's not going to play a different character in the same series. Maddie's the only one that would actually make sense seeing as how she's a clone. But cloning should never touch these movies.

Unless the cut of the movie is greatly changed, I know she and Scott will be in the altered future.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #835
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
She's not going to play a different character in the same series. Maddie's the only one that would actually make sense seeing as how she's a clone. But cloning should never touch these movies.

Unless the cut of the movie is greatly changed, I know she and Scott will be in the altered future.
So in this future Magneto and Professor X remained allies and the events of X1/X2/X3 never happened?

Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #836
Ryudoz
Cleaning woman?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
So in this future Magneto and Professor X remained allies and the events of X1/X2/X3 never happened?
It would stand to reason that would likely be the case, though I'm sure people would argue that Jean's Phoenix persona could have ultimately been released even without the events of X2/X3 happening causing them to still meet related demises. Then again, we won't know for sure without seeing how they choose to show altered events in the movie, but it's definitely conceivable that could be the outcome.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #837
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
Yes, but I wasn't told that it's stated those events didn't happen completely. But when you think about it, for these two characters to be alive and for Erik and Charles to be working together at the school, the majority of those events must not've happened again.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #838
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The rumored ending defently hints at some events of Last Stand being retconed so Cyclops and Jean are alive.Also note In COmics Magneto has reformed and later become villain again.Its entirely possable for events of at Least X-men and X2 still happen and even somewhat similar version of Last Stand

As for future of franchise
I am skeptical they are going to erase most films In franchice yet do another wolverine film.If they were going to erase films It's more likely they would end film In 1973 not show an altered 2023.Looking more like they went to erase mistakes of last Stand like deaths of Xavier,Cyclops,and Jean,and possibly send off Older Magneto by having him seen working with Xavier at mansion.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #839
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Happy birthday Famke Janssen!!

new pics:

God holy Jesus H. Christ.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #840
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Yes, but I wasn't told that it's stated those events didn't happen completely. But when you think about it, for these two characters to be alive and for Erik and Charles to be working together at the school, the majority of those events must not've happened again.
I realy don't like the idea of
Most films In franchise being erased.Now I certinly don't mind origins and Last Stand being erased but don't like Idea of X-Men,X2,and The Wolverine being erased.I certinly don't see how they can use OT cast In another wolverine film and another sequel with them If all the point of reference with them now never happened.They certinly aren't going to revisit the trek "Prime" universe again In films and TV after Alternate universe was launched In trek 2009.That would leave only First Class,1973 and altered 2023 ending as well world war II flashback of the wolverine and possibly begining of origins as relvent to future of series just like trek 2009 and Into darkness are only relvent things to future trek films or Tv shows

Plus forget about films If your a comic fan
The idea of Magneto never being enemy of X-men Is too radical a chance.And see how many here complain about changes made to X-men In films.This is even more radical than most

Old 11-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #841
BMM
Side-Kick

Why should I forget about the films, if I'm a comic book fan? It's because I'm a comic book fan that I know Erik isn't limited to being the X-Men's "greatest" enemy and that he and Charles have worked together numerous times. Erik was even headmaster, at one point. Just because we see the two working together at one instance in time, doesn't mean it was smooth sailing up to that point.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #842
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I realy don't like the idea of
Most films In franchise being erased.Now I certinly don't mind origins and Last Stand being erased but don't like Idea of X-Men,X2,and The Wolverine being erased.I certinly don't see how they can use OT cast In another wolverine film and another sequel with them If all the point of reference with them now never happened.They certinly aren't going to revisit the trek "Prime" universe again In films and TV after Alternate universe was launched In trek 2009.That would leave only First Class,1973 and altered 2023 ending as well world war II flashback of the wolverine and possibly begining of origins as relvent to future of series just like trek 2009 and Into darkness are only relvent things to future trek films or Tv shows

Plus forget about films If your a comic fan
The idea of Magneto never being enemy of X-men Is too radical a chance.And see how many here complain about changes made to X-men In films.This is even more radical than most
Well I really hope this rumored ending is not true. And its not even about ignoring previous film. But the thought of
Professor X and Magneto living peacefully with each other just seems so cheesey.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #843
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I actually think they probably would make Eric and Charles run the school together as it gives an excuse to keep magneto around

Obviously that would mean X1 didn't happen, but doesn't mean X1,X2 and X3 didnt have a purpose, it led to the dark future which needed to be changed and they sent Logan back to change it

Old 11-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #844
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Why should I forget about the films, if I'm a comic book fan? It's because I'm a comic book fan that I know Erik isn't limited to being the X-Men's "greatest" enemy and that he and Charles have worked together numerous times. Erik was even headmaster, at one point. Just because we see the two working together at one instance in time, doesn't mean it was smooth sailing up to that point.
If your a comic book fan the idea of rewriting things so Magneto Is never the
X-Men's greatest enemy Isn't a good thing.Now the idea of him reforms at some point after being enemy fits with comics but never being enemy of X-Men Is
a bad idea.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #845
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I just imagine how X5 or the next film featuring the OT would start. Obviously those two will dominate the screen again. DOFP seems like the right time to finally give the older Magneto his swan song but no it looks like they are keeping him and now he's one of the good guys. Ugh.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #846
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well I really hope this rumored ending is not true. And its not even about ignoring previous film. But the thought of
Professor X and Magneto living peacefully with each other just seems so cheesey.
Unless they wind up using an alternate ending, I'm pretty certain it's what'll happen.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #847
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

They were never gonna write magneto out, so I honestly believe they would do that

Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #848
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I just imagine how X5 or the next film featuring the OT would start. Obviously those two will dominate the screen again. DOFP seems like the right time to finally give the older Magneto his swan song but no it looks like they are keeping him and now he's one of the good guys. Ugh.
He likely won't be a clear-cut good guy. He'll still have had the same background (prior to 1973) so who knows? He could end up toeing the line. But it'd be nice to see him where he's not a villain for a change, though we'll get to see that in the future portion of DoFP.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #849
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I actually think they probably would make Eric and Charles run the school together as it gives an excuse to keep magneto around

Obviously that would mean X1 didn't happen, but doesn't mean X1,X2 and X3 didnt have a purpose, it led to the dark future which needed to be changed and they sent Logan back to change it
I really don't like idea of most films never happening.It changes magneto too
much.

And I question why do another wolverine film If your erasing The wolverine.
If you compare this to Star Trek then I am very doudtful they would say most films didn't happen and set another wolverine film before that.We are unlikely to ever see anything In "Prime" Trek universe again.And I suspect It would be
same here.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #850
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If your a comic book fan the idea of rewriting things so Magneto Is never the
X-Men's greatest enemy Isn't a good thing.Now the idea of him reforms at some point after being enemy fits with comics but never being enemy of X-Men Is
a bad idea.
Then I guess it's a good thing this is simply an assumption on your part and not something the supposed ending of Days of Future Past guarantees.

Closed Thread