The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #851
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,447
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

If Logan doesn't have his metal claws in the future in DOFP then erasing the wolverine will change that and he will get them back by the end, and if jean is alive he wouldn't have gone away anyway so chances are it will indeed be erased

As for where can his solo story to? It can go anywhere

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-06-2013 at 10:04 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #852
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
He likely won't be a clear-cut good guy. He'll still have had the same background (prior to 1973) so who knows? He could end up toeing the line. But it'd be nice to see him where he's not a villain for a change, though we'll get to see that in the future portion of DoFP.
I have already had suspecions of DOFP being Ian Mckellen's last film as Magneto.
There have been rumors he's considering retirement soon with talk he wants to cut back on film work and his latest broadway play could be his last.

I wonder if they are doing this if rumored ending is true due to Michael fassbender's popularity.For cyclops and Jean fans If they continue with films with FC cast then even If teenage Cyclops and Jean are brought in they could be upstaged by Magneto.

And if rumored ending pans out who knows what this means for X-force and
next wolverine film.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #853
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,385
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
As for where can his solo story to? It can go anywhere
Exactly. They can do almost anything they want.

BMM is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #854
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Then I guess it's a good thing this is simply an assumption on your part and not something the supposed ending of Days of Future Past guarantees.
But the rumored ending hints at that.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #855
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
If Logan doesn't have his metal claws in the future in DOFP then erasing the wolverine will change that and he will get them back by the end, and if jean is alive he wouldn't have gone away anyway so chances are it will indeed be erased

As for where can his solo story to? It can go anywhere
Your erasing pretty most of the entire cannon of Wolverine on film Is rumored ending Is true.

Kind of hard to do followup to film that now never happened with exception of world war II flashback.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #856
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,344
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And if rumored ending pans out who knows what this means for X-force and
next wolverine film.
I personally don't believe this rumored ending, but if its indeed true, I have a feeling the producers specifically Lauren Shuler Donner already have an idea for the next film and spin-offs such as X-Force and Wolverine 3 (if they will happen) will follow DOFP's ending.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #857
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I personally don't believe this rumored ending, but if its indeed true, I have a feeling the producers specifically Lauren Shuler Donner already have an idea for the next film and spin-offs such as X-Force and Wolverine 3 (if they will happen) will follow after DOFP's ending.
Well if rumored ending happens I am pretty sure X-Force and next Wolverine film,which can't be called 3,will follow ending of DOFP and be In new timeline.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #858
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,385
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
But the rumored ending hints at that.
And the ending of X-Men: First Class hints that an upbeat Xavier will successfully open his school for gifted youngsters, which is not what we find at all in the sequel.

BMM is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #859
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
And the ending of X-Men: First Class hints that an upbeat Xavier will successfully open his school for gifted youngsters, which is not what we find at all in the sequel.
Well your right there.Of course that may be because of change of directors of
Matthew Vaughn to Bryan Singer and Bryan wanting to do film with Xavier centered story.First Class ended up as more Magneto Centered.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #860
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,380
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

That's a good point, BMM!

The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #861
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,447
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Its true xavier is Bryan's favourite mutant but I wouldn't say its impossible that Vaughn would have put xavier in the spot light this time

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #862
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,380
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

I don't feel like Xavier had any less presence or purpose than Magneto in FC, it was just that Erik did have a backstory that needed to be told and was folded into the main story, so he may have gotten more character development since he had anger, loss and tragedy to work with. Now Xavier does too, so it makes sense to work with that.

The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #863
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,137
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Even IF Jean and Scott somehow managed to return by any means to the present, would their relationship be at jeopardy again due to Wolverine's feelings for Jean, or will he just suck it up like a man and move on from her and leave the two alone?

herolee10 is online now  
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 AM   #864
krycek
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 178
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

He sucked it up in X2 and moved on in The Wolverine. Hopefully it stays that way.

krycek is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #865
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,680
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well I really hope this rumored ending is not true. And its not even about ignoring previous film. But the thought of
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Professor X and Magneto living peacefully with each other just seems so cheesey.
Unless Wolverine wakes up in a time prior to the OT, then:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You could have Xavier/Magneto working together in the 70's and 80's before falling out again in a FC3, which would set up the OT. However, if it is older Xavier/Magneto together in the mansion, and Famke and Marsden are cameo'ed, then the OT is pretty much gone from cannon

If the trilogy is wiped out, I think you can still preserve Origins, parts of X2, and The Wolverine. As long as Stryker lives after 1973, he would have found Wolverine in the 80's and manipulated him with Kayla to have him undergo adamantium bonding (assuming Logan loses recollection of the original timeline). Then Stryker could still carry out his nefarious plan in X2, and Jean could still die in those events. Should Jean return again in an altered timeline as her older self, then it is likely she never died regardless of Stryker's plot. Also, with The Wolverine, the grandfather still would want to pay his debt to Logan only to then backstab him. So while Wolverine may not feel the remorse of Jean's death, he could have still fallen for Mariko and those events go largely unchanged.

Then I think X-Force can work as a prequel to DoFP in the original timeline or just as a stand alone. I also think Wolverine 3 will be in the new timeline if the rumor is correct.


Last edited by Mr.M; 11-07-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Mr.M is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #866
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Even IF Jean and Scott somehow managed to return by any means to the present, would their relationship be at jeopardy again due to Wolverine's feelings for Jean, or will he just suck it up like a man and move on from her and leave the two alone?
^^This. If the characters come back, the writers aren't going to be able to resist dragging them all through that triangle again. It was already supposed to have been resolved at the end of X2.

UrbanCougar is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #867
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,137
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Given the progress that Wolverine made in his recent solo film, the impression that I got was that Mariko was his new "Juliet" in life. They really went out of their way to build one hell of a strong romance arc between them, and given that they're making a sequel to that film, they could always have him go back to her rather than going after Jean if she were to come back alive due to the altered timeline.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #868
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,380
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Unless Wolverine wakes up in a time prior to the OT, then:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You could have Xavier/Magneto working together in the 70's and 80's before falling out again in a FC3, which would set up the OT. However, if it is older Xavier/Magneto together in the mansion, and Famke and Marsden are cameo'ed, then the OT is pretty much gone from cannon

If the trilogy is wiped out, I think you can still preserve Origins, parts of X2, and The Wolverine. As long as Stryker lives after 1973, he would have found Wolverine in the 80's and manipulated him with Kayla to have him undergo adamantium bonding (assuming Logan loses recollection of the original timeline). Then Stryker could still carry out his nefarious plan in X2, and Jean could still die in those events. Should Jean return again in an altered timeline as her older self, then it is likely she never died regardless of Stryker's plot. Also, with The Wolverine, the grandfather still would want to pay his debt to Logan only to then backstab him. So while Wolverine may not feel the remorse of Jean's death, he could have still fallen for Mariko and those events go largely unchanged.

Then I think X-Force can work as a prequel to DoFP in the original timeline or just as a stand alone. I also think Wolverine 3 will be in the new timeline if the rumor is correct.
He will wake up in 2023. The only way he'd wake up before X1 is if this dystopian future takes place before then and we know it doesn't. They're returning his consciousness to his 2023 body, not his 2000 (or whenever people wants to assume X1 took place) body. If it was physical time travel, then that would be a possibility, but the film would be pointless if it worked that way. What's the point of a film that doesn't further the series?


Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 11-07-2013 at 08:54 AM.
The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #869
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!
 
The Original Bamfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Killing wrongdoers with passive aggressiveness.
Posts: 41,380
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Given the progress that Wolverine made in his recent solo film, the impression that I got was that Mariko was his new "Juliet" in life. They really went out of their way to build one hell of a strong romance arc between them, and given that they're making a sequel to that film, they could always have him go back to her rather than going after Jean if she were to come back alive due to the altered timeline.
But would he have ever gone to Japan if Jean never died? Because there's a good chance the altered timeline will affect the events of TW and the sequel may have to go a different route than a direct follow-up.

The Original Bamfer is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #870
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,447
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

I don't think we will se Mariko again

Even if the timeline wasn't changed I still think they closed that off the moment wolverine walked away

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-07-2013 at 09:00 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #871
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

If rumored ending pans out there can't be sequel to the wolverine because
that film never happened along with OT and most of Origins.

And that opens door for next wolverine film to show how he gets adamanturm
now and what could be called FC3 could show wolverine joining X-Men much
earlier.If other films are erased what's stopping them from not having a wolverine
who doesn't have memory join X-Men early on.

I bet some here who push for the abrams trek on X-Men will be complaining

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #872
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,447
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

the wolverine movies are stand alone anyway, they have no major connection to each other, i can imagine the 3rd being the same, wolverine leaves the X-men again and gets into a new adventure with new mutants

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #873
Mr.M
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,680
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If rumored ending pans out there can't be sequel to the wolverine because
that film never happened along with OT and most of Origins.

And that opens door for next wolverine film to show how he gets adamanturm
now and what could be called FC3 could show wolverine joining X-Men much
earlier.If other films are erased what's stopping them from not having a wolverine
who doesn't have memory join X-Men early on.

I bet some here who push for the abrams trek on X-Men will be complaining
We'll cross that bridge when we get there, but I don't believe Fox would use Wolverine again in the FC franchise. He served his role and will leave that team alone until he is forced back onto it. It's possible that Wolverine joins the team earlier, but I don't think he's the main guy again.

Mr.M is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #874
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

That could be Magneto.

If there Is going to be another Wolverine film then Magneto and Wolverine could become main players In X-Men films with Xavier as secondary lead.

some might say screwing cyclops again.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #875
Ryudoz
Cleaning woman?!?!
 
Ryudoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 695
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That could be Magneto.

If there Is going to be another Wolverine film then Magneto and Wolverine could become main players In X-Men films with Xavier as secondary lead.

some might say screwing cyclops again.
Given Scott's role on the team and importance to the mythos (at least the comics), any movie going forward that includes him if it has him once again more of a background player would likely receive that kind of reaction from fans of his, rational or not.

__________________
Allumni of the Rigby Reardon School of Sleuthing
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun..."
Ryudoz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.