The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #226
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Can you see this? The Invisible Woman thread.

Well, hell if you are going to change his race, why not change the entire storyline?

If they choose to change the art of the comic book, don't see a problem with changing the story....and that is from 616, looks to me like they are going for a UFF vibe.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #227
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If they go with an African American Sue Storm, the suggested names online are Samira Wiley, Nicole Beharie, Kerry Washington and (even though she's in an MCU movie) Zoe Saldana.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #228
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Wait, did I miss something? When did Samira Wiley's name get thrown into the mix?

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #229
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

I cringe at every update this movie gets. Dear lord I didn't think anyone could top Tim Story and Tom Rothman's suckiness, but they sure are trying with ALL of these rumored casting updates.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Iron_Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #230
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Wait, did I miss something? When did Samira Wiley's name get thrown into the mix?
Her name has been floated out there as a possible Sue if Fox decides to turn Sue black.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #231
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The just need a black Reed and Ben now. Since the movie is doomed to failure, there's no reason not to go full on with the race changes. It could be just like an Elseworlds movie.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #232
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Yep movie is doomed to failure because they may cast black people

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #233
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Yes, because that's what I meant.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #234
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Forgive me, since you mentioned only race and it being doomed to failure, it read like cause and effect.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #235
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
The fan response to this project has been almost universally negative. The only people supporting this are Fox fanboys, and jaded F4 fans who hated the Story movies.. The casting choices for people other than Human Torch have had a real negative reaction. Gah, Sue Storm can be black, that's fine, but Samira Wiley? Noooo

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #236
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The fan response to this project has been almost universally negative. The only people supporting this are Fox fanboys, and jaded F4 fans who hated the Story movies.. The casting choices for people other than Human Torch have had a real negative reaction. Gah, Sue Storm can be black, that's fine, but Samira Wiley? Noooo
Um, no, not even those people are overly excited...I'm one of those fans, and though I'm to the point of, meh, whatever do what you want with the characters, I still see no need to change the race. I'm sure that the choice for Johnny is a fine young actor, have nothing against him, but I can also name many, many others that are more visually set for the part (since I do see comics as much visual (they are considered art) as I do story) so I believe the visual is somewhat important as well. I'm not one that is totally against changing visuals and storyline as long as there is a true "need" for it. I just have not been convinced of that need thus far. If the kid does a great job as Johnny, more power to him. I just see it as a hit against an already drowning franchise, so you have the fanboys against it this early on, then the "trial by internet" is already against it. Just not good business IMO.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #237
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Um, no, not even those people are overly excited...I'm one of those fans, and though I'm to the point of, meh, whatever do what you want with the characters, I still see no need to change the race. I'm sure that the choice for Johnny is a fine young actor, have nothing against him, but I can also name many, many others that are more visually set for the part (since I do see comics as much visual (they are considered art) as I do story) so I believe the visual is somewhat important as well. I'm not one that is totally against changing visuals and storyline as long as there is a true "need" for it. I just have not been convinced of that need thus far. If the kid does a great job as Johnny, more power to him. I just see it as a hit against an already drowning franchise, so you have the fanboys against it this early on, then the "trial by internet" is already against it. Just not good business IMO.
Completely agreed. I think Michael B Jordan will be one of the strong points of the movie, but there are definitely actors that look like Johnny was written that could do just as good of a job as Jordan.

I'm not seeing Samira Wiley as Sue really. Maybe Kerry Washington could work.. the fact that she was already in F4 would be weird though. What about Naya Rivera or Jessica Lucas for Sue?

Last edited by Rorschach2012; 10-28-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #238
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
I cringe at every update this movie gets. Dear lord I didn't think anyone could top Tim Story and Tom Rothman's suckiness, but they sure are trying with ALL of these rumored casting updates.
Man if the FF movie comes out that Fox is trying to make to keep the rights, Story's FF will look like stories off the comic pages compared to it's new story. There's no way this movie is going to do well. I normally support everything comic books but I can't go for this.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Docker2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #239
fantastic fifth
...just in case...

Per Saoirse Ronan.......There's another big movie we're unlikely to see Ronan appear in, but not because she didn't land the part -- it seems that talk of her being up for Sue Storm in Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot was way premature. "I only heard that rumor. I'm not signed up for Fantastic Four." Although she also says she'd be up for taking on a role in a movie of that scale,

fantastic fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #240
Fresco
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic fifth View Post
Per Saoirse Ronan.......There's another big movie we're unlikely to see Ronan appear in, but not because she didn't land the part -- it seems that talk of her being up for Sue Storm in Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot was way premature. "I only heard that rumor. I'm not signed up for Fantastic Four." Although she also says she'd be up for taking on a role in a movie of that scale,
Fantastic news! Out of the three rumored actresses on the shortlist, she was my least favorite for the role. On a physical level, I don't think she embodies any of the qualities that Sue Storm is supposed to possess. With that said, the fact that she wasn't even be considered for the role doesn't particularly lend any credence to the rumor. Which is good in a way! I wasn't a fan of any of the proposed actresses. Kate Mara was the best of a bad bunch.

With regards to the rumor that Storm siblings might be undergoing a race swap, if this were to happen I think Paula Patton would be the perfect candidate. She's stunningly beautiful but can still radiate that maturity and motherly quality that Sue has. I think her role in Precious had certain Sue-esque qualities about it...mature, calm, caring but no-nonsense too.

Failing that either Rashida Jones or Denise Vasi:

Although I don't think a race swap particularly NEEDS to happen.

Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #241
Bertsunibrow
New User - Level 0

Nick Cannon as Johnny Storm

Cedric the Entertainer as Ben Grimm

Jaleel White as Reed Richards

Tyler Perry as Sue Storm

Bertsunibrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #242
Ant-manic
Banned User

i think Mary Elizabeth Winstead might make an interesting Sue. if not her, then Meagan Good.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #243
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Margot Robbie would be a good choice. She's only 24, but she looks older and can act.

Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #244
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

After seeing her in Wolf of Wall Street, I agree....

Old 01-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #245
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Margot Robbie is apparently attached to play Jane in WB's Tarzan film, so she's out. But she'd be a great Sue.

However, they're still going to test Saoirse Ronan and Kate Mara -- actresses already mentioned earlier -- after Kinberg's rewrite came in.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #246
JP
To me

Margot Robbie was on one of the short lists months back. She would have been PERFECT. Ah well.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:20 AM   #247
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Maybe the Tarzan film will fall apart, and maybe she'll be available again. I just hope Fox and Trank aim for the best actors for the roles, not those who resemble their comic counterpart or if they're a 'big' name.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:31 AM   #248
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Really hate the rumored cast for this.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:34 AM   #249
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Maybe FOX is doing this to make us appreciate the Tim Story FF movies?

I actually liked the first film, not great but it's better than people give it credit for, I had fun while watching much of it....2 is pretty bad, but the Surfer was cool and Doom was cool at times in it. That's my take on the Tim Story movies, in short.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #250
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Margot Robbie was on one of the short lists months back. She would have been PERFECT. Ah well.
She would be perfect, and perhaps one of the most perfect candidates these days for Sue. But she was eliminated from that short list that was posted months ago. I think she was the first one eliminated, as Fox obviously found her unsuitable for what they wanted. Instead their template is Kate Mara or Psoriasis Ronan.