The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #276
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Default Re: Killer Instinct

I think its the weird angle the video was taken. I'm sure you won't notice this during gameplay. It looks like his neck bones are being seen through the nasal area.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #277
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Old 11-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #278
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Check your email guys if you have a 360. I just got something from Microsoft saying I'd get Killer Instinct for free with all characters unlocked.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #279
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Looks like it's real.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=Buffer
Microsoft Handing Out Free Xbox Ones, Copies Of Killer Instinct

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/398106248358662144
If you’ve received an email from Xbox@engage.xbox.com, it is legit. You should also see a message on your Xbox 360.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Unlocked.html
Killer Instinct Being Given Away Free With All Characters Unlocked

Old 11-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #280
The Hill
Frat House Member

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Some Orchid gameplay in real combat and a taste of accessories on the characters.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #281
zenith16
Side-Kick

Killer Instinct Will Receive An Arcade Mode After Launch Says Microsoft. November 11, 2013 . 11:05am

The new Killer Instinct will launch on Xbox One without an Arcade mode. However, Microsoft have that one will be added to the game post-launch.

Quote:

The new Killer Instinct, a revival of the classic fighting game by Rare, will launch on Xbox One without an Arcade mode. However, Microsoft have confirmed to Official Xbox Magazine that one will be added to the game post-launch.

“Our Arcade mode is going to come out when we’ve done the eight characters,” Microsoft Game Studios game designer Daniel Fornace clarified. “So it’s not going to be at launch, at launch we’re going to have six—Orchid’s the last—and then we’ll have two more following up post-launch.”

While Arcade mode won’t be present at launch, the game will have an endless mode called Survival, and an extensive training mode titled Dojo. Fornace feels Killer Instinct’s tutorials go above and beyond other fighting games by teaching the player about fighting games and terminology in general.

“We start out, we go through the basics, stuff you’ll see in other fighting games like navigation, blocking, crouching, jumping, throws, specials, and then we go into Killer Instinct specific things, like combos; Ultras, which are the finishers, and Instinct Mode,” says Fornace. Following the basics, Killer Instinct will go on to teach cross-ups, combos, and other such advanced playing techniques.

Killer Instinct will be available alongside Xbox One on November 22nd.

Source:Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #282
zenith16
Side-Kick

Killer Instinct Classic Has Two Versions Of The Arcade Game, Won’t Be Sold Separately. November 12, 2013 . 3:41pm

Killer Instinct Classic will have the original arcade ROM and the revised ROM that fixed Cinder’s infinite combo. The arcade game also has a training mode and sprite galleries to view, but it won’t have online multiplayer.
Quote:
Microsoft will release the original Killer Instinct arcade game with the new Killer Instinct from Double Helix. However, you can only get Killer Instinct Classic with the Ultra Edition. The arcade classic won’t be sold separately.

"Killer Instinct Classic is a complete port of the original Killer Instinct arcade game, and you can ONLY get it with the Ultra Edition of Killer Instinct," producer Torin Retting said to Siliconera. "In fact it is a complete port of TWO versions of the Killer Instinct arcade game. It includes the original arcade ROM (v1.4) with all of the classic, fan-favorite glitches, and the revised version (v1.5D) that came out later to fix things like Cinder’s infinite combo. In addition to this we’ve added cool extras like a training mode, frame effects like scan lines to emulate a CRT and galleries of the original sprites."

Killer Instinct Classic won’t have online multiplayer, but Retting adds the team has been "talking about it a lot." We also asked if Killer Instinct 2 would be released later on. Retting teased, "No news for Killer Instinct 2 for Xbox One… yet."
Source:Siliconera

Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #283
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

This will be the first time an Arcade-perfect Killer Instinct game has ever made it on home consoles. I hope they keep the original "Coming to your home in 1995…"

Old 11-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #284
zenith16
Side-Kick

Previews

The Fighting Mechanics of Killer Instinct

Scott learns more about the fighting mechanics and combos in the Xbox One exclusive Killer Instinct.

and
Making The New Killer Instinct: Everything From Combo Breakers To Characters. November 18, 2013 . 1:30pm

Siliconera spoke with producer Torin Retting about choosing Double Helix as the team to revive Killer Instinct, why they took out No Mercys, and why fighting games work well with the free to play business model.

Quote:

It took about 17 years, but Killer Instinct is coming back this week. Microsoft revived the series with help from Strider developer Double Helix and Ken Lobb who worked on the original arcade game. Siliconera spoke with producer Torin Retting about how they selected characters, why they took out No Mercys, and why they made Killer Instinct a free to play game.

How many discussions were there about rebooting Killer Instinct before it finally happened?

Torin Retting, Producer: There was a lot of desire to do Killer Instinct internally, even from before when I joined the team in 2010. What made it really come together was a bunch of passionate people on both the design and production teams who were super excited to make it happen, the opportunities of launching it on a next gen console and finding the right developer to work on it.

After we sent out our proposal to several developers we got some great pitches back, but the pitch from Double Helix really blew us away. In addition to having the right tech and tools for the job, they also brought extensive knowledge of fighting games and a passion for Killer Instinct. They had really thought through many aspects of the game, from the reimagined art style to the feature set to the detailed gameplay ideas. We knew they were the right team for the job and the experience of teaming up with them and seeing such an awesome game come together has been amazing.

Can you tell us about the team working on Killer Instinct at Double Helix and how did you build this team up?

Lucky for us Double Helix came as a package deal. They already had all of the great talent they needed when we started working with them and that was a big reason why we decided to go with them for Killer Instinct. They’re doing an amazing job and continue to outdo themselves with each new build of the game.

We’ve also got a pretty big team on the Microsoft side as well. In addition to myself there are other producers on the project, an Art Director, a central art team, an Audio Director, sound designers, and an awesome design team, which includes the incomparable Ken Lobb. We’re working together with Double Helix as closely as we can to make sure all of the great talent on both sides contributes to making the game awesome.

Can you tell us how you went about selecting characters from the first season?

We had a good idea of a core list of characters from the very beginning. We definitely wanted to come out strong and have most of the characters that were the most popular in the initial wave. We knew the characters that had to be in the game like Jago, Thunder Sabrewulf, Glacius and Spinal. There were many others though and we were really interested in what characters fans of the series would like to see.

However, we had to decide on this well ahead of our E3 debut and Double Helix or Microsoft posting to a message board asking “hypothetically” what characters they would like to see in a reboot of Killer Instinct would not be very subtle. Luckily there’s a great fan base out there and looking at the characters that kept on showing up in discussions, fan art, and other areas helped us narrow it down more. We also relied on our resident Killer Instinct guru, Mr. Ken Lobb to find out what characters were played the most in the arcade.

Thunder turned out to be a fan favorite and was actually voiced by Ken Lobb, a role he reprised for the new game. Glacius was a really iconic character in terms of his look and move set and he was also remembered really fondly. Because he is an alien who controls ice and his body in interesting ways he seemed like he would be really fun to work on. He definitely was. Lots of challenges in making him into a zone style character but we’re really happy with how he turned out.

Orchid was the biggest no-brainer for us. We need to have a female character and she was incredibly iconic for the game. The only tough part was deciding when to announce her. Making her the final character of the opening 6 seemed like a great way to complete the opening roster.

I’m sure a lot of fans want to see returning characters, but all fighting game installments need some fresh blood. How did you go about creating new characters like Sadira and will we see any more newcomers?

Something that was really important to us though was introducing a new character. We know players want to see as many classic characters come back as possible, but if we’re serious about bringing Killer Instinct back we felt we had to expand the universe. We actually had the idea for Sadira very early on, but over the course of development her look really evolved. You can see it in the concept art in the game and in the art book available on launch day, but because she was totally new it was a lot of work to hone in on her look and make her fit in the Killer Instinct world. Lots of iteration, but she ended up really cool looking and lots of fun to play.
In terms of other new characters, stay tuned ;-)

Why were the No Mercy finishers removed and how can players do Ultra combos in the new Killer Instinct?

We had to make decisions early on about what features were most important to Killer Instinct. While No Mercies and stage finishers were really cool we felt that the massive combos, combo breakers, the wild cast of characters and the iconic announcer were these key elements that people remembered most fondly about the game. They were the things that most strongly defined what Killer Instinct was.

Don’t despair too much over No Mercies and other elements though. One of the key ideas about the new KI is that it will evolve and expand over time. New features and content will be release regularly after the game launches and as long as players are engaged and supporting the game we’ll continue to make content for it. No Mercies and stage finishers are definitely on our list of things we’d like to add.

Specifically, to perform an Ultra you have to get your opponent’s life down below 15% on their second down (life bar). Once there, you’ll see the life bar flash and “Danger” appear. This is the signal that an Ultra can now be performed. Once the opponent is in this zone you perform an Ultra by starting a combo and entering the input for the Ultra. The input is a joystick motion plus all three punches or all three kicks. Jago’s Ultra is forward, down, down forward + 3 punches, Sabrewulf’s is back, forward + 3 punches and Thunder’s is down, down forward, forward + 3 punches.

After that you can sit back, relax and watch a stunning pummeling take place. However, that’s not necessarily the end. All of the Ultras end by launching the opponent in the air, so you can actually follow up the Ultra with some extra hits or Shadow moves. If you have Instinct Mode available you can actually cancel your Ultra, start another combo, then start your Ultra again. With this you can get 100+ hits in a single combo. Super fun!

source:EPD.TV/ROTR & Siliconera

Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #285
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

The gameplay looks perfect for professional competition. A lot of depth from what I'm hearing.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #286
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Killer Instinct (2013) - Music Teaser Suite #2

5-.-2-.-14

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #287
TX85
Jolly

Game looks great,KI was my favorite fighting game series and now I'm thinking of getting an XBO after all next year after I get the PS4 and so this will probably the be the first XBO game I get

Old 11-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #288
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

8 something out of 10 by IGN.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #289
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Exclamation Re: Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct Launch Trailer....Warning: The announcer is on crack

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Direct Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuJs8XpSMk4

Old 11-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #290
Dugath
Side-Kick

LOL Love the last 10 seconds

Dugath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #291
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Got KI for free for buying a Day 1 12-month XBL subscription. Awesome.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #292
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Got KI for free for buying a Day 1 12-month XBL subscription. Awesome.
Whoa bad ass. From where?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #293
zenith16
Side-Kick

• Test Chamber – Killer Instinct

test chamber
    on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Fighting game guru and Game Informer video editor Jason Oestricher reviewed this fighting revival, so we found it fitting to hand him the controller for a video look at the title.
    ... More

• GI Rating 8.75
    Killer Instinct

on Nov 22, 2013 at 03:00 PM

Killer Instinct on Xbox One stays true to the fun and silliness of its past, but also has a deep, competent, and innovative engine driving the action.
    ... More

and

Reviews

Killer Instinct Review
Victor and Scott fight through a Killer Instinct.
Synopsis: solid fighting mechanic , and great characters but this entire genre is in dire need of some innovation.

Scott's score 5.0 vic's score 7.5

source:EPD.TV/ROYR

source: GI & EPD.TV/ROTR

Last edited by zenith16; 11-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #294
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

I wish there was a way to buy this sucker and have it download while I'm out. I think that's such an awesome feature that the PS4 has.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #295
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Meant to post this here:

I really like Killer Instinct although there are a few too many overly long combos. The look and style of the game and the characters are all very cool. For me a great exclusive that will get much better when arcade & story mode arrive. I was a bit annoyed that the freebie I got which gives me all the characters unlocked as well as the game free will turn out to be useless eventually as I'll need to buy the Ultra pack anyway so I can get the original Killer Instinct with it (no other way of buying it ).

Old 11-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #296
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

The long combos are kind of a staple for the series.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #297
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I never like them in any beat'em up. Even in Tekken which I love. And probably one reason why this will never be my favourite. I prefer doing my own combos of short moves that can be blocked, avoided or countered by a good opponent who anticiapates it and can move fast enough. I like combos with up to 5 or 6 moves but seriously long and virtually unblockable chain moves just bore me, either learning and performing them or when you start getting hit by one..just wake me up when it's over lol.

Doesn't stop me enjoying a good looking fighter though and I'm really glad Microsoft have used this license. This will be my main XB1 game for a while.

Btw did you try BF4 yet mate? Want to see if it works properly. Edit: don't worry, saw your post in the other thread.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #298
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Bought the full version and spent some time in the dojo. Man the combos in this game are sick. Iv been able to pull off some pretty bad ass combos that of course end with the Ultraaaaa Combooooo, but jeez I can't wait to see this game at EVO. The pros are gonna light up the damn screen.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #299
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

You don't technically have to do long combos. Manuals and short 8 hit combos can help you mAximize your damage.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #300
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Can you block an opponent's long combos?