The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #76
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Would Richard Grayson be part of this movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
While I LOVE the idea of including Dick, I can't say I'm too thrilled about his introduction in this series being as Nightwing. He has such a great origin story (see: Dark Victory), and it would be such a shame to breeze over that. (I'm also not so anger-filled partial to the "Batman-Robin Break-Up," as I enjoy stories where they are close BFFs, but that's another story altogether.)

This sort of goes back to my problem with the "older, grizzled" Batman. If he was younger, we could watch these characters grow and evolve TOGETHER, much like in the comics. Now we're sort of stuck with this "Veteran Batman/Rookie Superman" relationship.

I'm not passing judgement yet, as I very much enjoyed Man of Steel. But I can't say I'm totally thrilled either. Who knows, though...I may be very pleasantly surprised.
Hopefully we can get some flashbacks ala Robin's Reckoning. I say that if the next solo movie has elements of Robin's Reckoning, Robin Year One and Dark Victory, then we can safely assume the GA will like Robin again

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #77
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I don't mean to offend any Riddler fans, but that's not a premier character to the general audience. Yes, there is much more awareness than Red Hood, but that doesn't directly link to a more positive reception.
I disagree. Riddler is absolutely a premier for the general audience, just not as much for the fans. Riddler will get a positive reception depending on the actor and marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Oh, I'd love for Batman to have an establishing film first, maybe with Strange and Riddler as villains. Preferably if there is a trilogy I'd love Strange and Nygma in the first film, Jason and Joker in the second and Simon Hurt in the finale attcking all of Bruce's family and his reputation.
Id be happy with that. But I also don't care much about Jason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
How about no Jason and Tim?

Do we need Jason? I love Under the Red Hood but since that comic, Jason hasn't done anything in comics. It's like "so we brought Jason back and did an epic return story, what do we do with this character now?"

Jason shouldn't even be involve.
That's what im thinking. We have to remember that these movies are made for the general audience not the comic book fans. And it wont have much to do with Snyder's tastes either. It's all the studio and Affleck (if he writes & directs the solos) if they like Jason Todd or Tim Drake. Im gonna bet that Ben doesn't.

You're right. Jason probably shouldn't be involved. He wasn't Robin that long before the actual fans voted to kill him off. Then he gets brought back as the Red Hood, basically a Punisher type character. Meh. Id rather the classic rogues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Just have him and Grayson. Also Barbara. Just have the 3 of them.
Good idea. Barbara should be the Oracle and not Batgirl. Grayson was Robin but now he's Nightwing. Done.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #78
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Hopefully we can get some flashbacks ala Robin's Reckoning. I say that if the next solo movie has elements of Robin's Reckoning, Robin Year One and Dark Victory, then we can safely assume the GA will like Robin again
"Robin's Reckoning" is one of the all-time great Batman: TAS episodes. I'd love for something like that in a solo Bat-film. As it stands, though, that's far too much for Batman/Superman. They've already got enough ground to cover, what with the Clark Kent character development/Daily Planet stuff and all.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #79
roach
I am the night

Can we please drop this idea that because the GA doesn't know who a character is they won't see the movie.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #80
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I disagree. Riddler is absolutely a premier for the general audience, just not as much for the fans. Riddler will get a positive reception depending on the actor and marketing.
I've never heard of anyone ever referring to the Riddler as their favorite character, villain, anything. Among the hardcore fans, Red Hood seems more of a fan favorite to me.

I'm not saying that he won't work at all, I'm suggesting WB push a character that I believe has more potential in Red Hood. If he takes off, thew just expanded the characters that they are marketing. This isn't just about marketing a movie, it's about toys, clothing, books, all the peripherals. They would then be able to push both characters in the future.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #81
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick

I'm liking Richard Madden for this role.

TheScarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #82
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

The loss of Jason and seeming broken relationship between Bruce and Grayson are elements from TDKR. I'd actually like the scenario of Bruce having the history of multiple sidekicks in the past but meeting him at a point when he's now solo again. a flashback to Jason's death could be amazing if it's effecting Batman, in this.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #83
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #84
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I would like Dave Franco in the role. His look just screams Dick Grayson to me for some reason and I think he's a very talented actor.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #85
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Douglas Boothe if they want the whole "Dick Grayson is the most attractive man in the world" look.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #86
krycek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #87
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlovescatDC View Post
I would like Dave Franco in the role. His look just screams Dick Grayson to me for some reason and I think he's a very talented actor.

totally agree. burt ward looking ass. he and daniel radcliffe have a similar look.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #88
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Kellan Lutz. nah

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #89
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I don't mean to offend any Riddler fans, but that's not a premier character to the general audience. Yes, there is much more awareness than Red Hood, but that doesn't directly link to a more positive reception.
Riddler's Villain's month book was like the second biggest Batman or DC villain's book sold.

Riddler is the main villain in Zero Year.

Riddler is a huge factor in the Arkham Games.

He is premier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Good idea. Barbara should be the Oracle and not Batgirl. Grayson was Robin but now he's Nightwing. Done.
I wouldn't mind her as Batgirl though. Would be nice to get Batgirl. First movie the 3 of them against Riddler than maybe for a sequel, we do Killing Joke and add Harley and have Barbara paralyzed.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #90
Reel
Side-Kick

Won't be in it

Reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #91
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I'd prefer they establish that Dick Grayson does exist in this universe, and maybe even have him adopted by Bruce, but not Robin yet.

To me, Robin would be the perfect vehicle for demonstrating the positive affect that Supes can have on the Bat. Maybe establish early on that Bruce is trying to just help the kid even though Dick figured out who he was and is trying to be his sidekick. Than have Superman give Batman some confidence and hope in his mentoring abilities, and end with the oath taking scene that's always kind of awesome.

To me, the Robins (and Batgirls) could provide an excellent conduit for showing the patriarchal Batman we haven't seen yet. Ben Affleck is old enough that casting a younger teenager (not a twenty-something) as Robin would actually help the idea that he ends up being a successful, if imperfect, surrogate father to kids in need. The way I figure it, you could show Dick Grayson Pre-Robin at maybe 14 in Batman/Superman, have him be the main Robin at 16/17 in a Batman solo while introducing Jason Todd as the second son adopted at Dick's behest, then have one of Todd's allies be the more tech-oriented and more distant Tim Drake in a sequel or spinoff. Boom! Three Robin across three films.

Honestly, if I were a ruthlessly pragmatic Batman fanatic in Hollywood, I'd be devoted to painting the entire extended Batfamily as an untapped subgenre for Superhero movies with at least some guaranty of success due to the Bat-connection. Heck, even Cassandra Cain and Barbara Gordon seem like they could plausibly hold their own movie like the boys, so I'm going to be perpetually against the idea of limiting the Bat-family.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #92
Knightstalker
Boy Wonder

http://www.hitfix.com/news/will-nigh...an-vs-superman

Will be interesting to see if this pans out. Personally I'd love to see Nightwing make an appearance.

Knightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #93
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Dick has no place in this film. This is a Superman film with Batman guest starring. Nightwing has no place, Robin has no place. If the story included a younger Bruce, I could see having Dick as a child before becoming even Robin, but with an older Bruce, we should have an older Dick as well.

That said, I do want to see Dick in the solo Batman movie. Ideally, probably with elements from Robin's Reckoning to tell the origin, and ending with him leaving to become Nightwing.

Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #94
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Dick has no place in this film. This is a Superman film with Batman guest starring.
Yeah. Pretty much everything we're hearing about this movie seems to say it's not.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #95
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Dick has no place in this film. This is a Superman film with Batman guest starring.
No it's not….the name of the movie is Batman vs Superman…that makes it a Batman and Superman movie…just like the Batman and Superman comic book isn't a batman comic or a superman comic.
Freddy vs Jason was not a Freddy movie nor was it a Jason movie….it was a Jason and Freddy movie.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #96
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Dick has no place in this film.
I'm sure if they stretch it enough, Dick can fit right in. I'm expecting a loose adaption, anyway.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #97
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

edit

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 11-08-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #98
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'm sure if they stretch it enough, Dick can fit right in. I'm expecting a loose adaption, anyway.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #99
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

"Ah-Thank you!"

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #100
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

you are enjoying this way too much