The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the first Captain America trailer!
10 75 43.35%
9 58 33.53%
8 25 14.45%
7 10 5.78%
6 4 2.31%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.58%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #276
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The CA:TWS Teaser Trailer (10/24/13) Thread

I noticed a distinct lack of CapWolf in the preview. I thought Marvel was supposed to be taking these things seriously?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #277
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I noticed a distinct lack of CapWolf in the preview. I thought Marvel was supposed to be taking these things seriously?
Yeah... I have to give Mark G. a mulligan on that. But it's better than the threatened "Sex Change" Cap from another cover during that period.

Thankfully, with J.J.J.'s son owned by SONY we won't be seeing any Cap vs. Man-Wolf stories any time soon.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #278
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

MovieBob - Let's Watch the Captain America: The Winter Soldier Trailer

- Ryōkan

Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #279
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Copied From Thor boards putting it every where lol "Huge news guys!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-the-defenders

Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones & Luke Cage to get their own netflix series culminating in a defenders series O_O"

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #280
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Just saw the extended trailer for Cap before the Thor 3D... wow... I'm going again just to see that...

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #281
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Copied From Thor boards putting it every where lol "Huge news guys!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-the-defenders

Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones & Luke Cage to get their own netflix series culminating in a defenders series O_O"
This link is busted. It was in at least one of the other threads too.

- Ryōkan

Old 11-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #282
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
Just saw the extended trailer for Cap before the Thor 3D... wow... I'm going again just to see that...
What new footage did it show?

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #283
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Well I can say, the one scene they showed in that 5 minute preview of Cap 2 was better than the entire Thor movie. Not that I didn't like Thor, it was aight, but Cap 2 is just on a completely other level and you can tell. The preview showed more scenes than the official trailer they released a couple weeks ago as well as our first look at Sharon briefly. Dem sound effects on Winter Soldier's arm. That movie is gonna be special as ****. Even the 3D looks great and I hat 3D.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #284
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
What new footage did it show?
It showed the complete elevator fight scene. We got our first look at Sharon Carter very briefly. It showed one quick extra scene of Falcon flying. We had one extra BW scene. There was a shot of Winter Soldier picking up Cap's shield at the end.

You just gotta see it. The **** is awesome. I have no doubt in my mind that Cap 2 is going to be the best movie Marvel has made up to this point (...and GOTG will probably promptly out do it. )

Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #285
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It showed the complete elevator fight scene. We got our first look at Sharon Carter very briefly. It showed one quick extra scene of Falcon flying. We had one extra BW scene. There was a shot of Winter Soldier picking up Cap's shield at the end.

You just gotta see it. The **** is awesome. I have no doubt in my mind that Cap 2 is going to be the best movie Marvel has made up to this point (...and GOTG will probably promptly out do it. )
Was Cap's fighting in the elevator better than what we've seen him do before? Like a clear step up in his hand-to-hand combat skills? C'mon, Dent. Not enough details.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #286
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Was Cap's fighting in the elevator better than what we've seen him do before? Like a clear step up in his hand-to-hand combat skills? C'mon, Dent. Not enough details.

Yeah, I really want Bourne type mano y mano stuff with a little really flashy acrobatic styles combat. The previous outings with Cap were ok, but way too much obvious looking wire-fu.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #287
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Well the elevator scene wasn't the best venue for judging that since it was very close quarter and Cap was hampered a lot of it to where he couldn't move well. I will say that it was a very brutal fight with Cap slamming guys into elevator glass with his bare hands and literally kicking the **** out of guys when they try and pin him to a wall with a magnet cuff. The atmosphere was also great and I can already see the Russo's will be masterful at interweaving comedy into it without impeding on the serious tone. Rumlow says "it's nothing personal" as he proceeds to hit Cap with some electric knife and after Cap slams him into the top of the elevator he says "it sure does feel personal" as he flips up his shield. That killed the audience.

Anyway, while the elevator scene isn't a good way to judge his movements, we did see some very brief glimpses of scenes that show how they've changed how Cap moves. I think one of them was at that ship carrier and we see Cap jump over a stairwell and start cutting guys down and they showed a scene of him flipping while fighting someone. You can clearly tell just from those two really brief scenes that they've made him much more agile, nimble, and fluent in his movement,.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #288
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well the elevator scene wasn't the best venue for judging that since it was very close quarter and Cap was hampered a lot of it to where he couldn't move well. I will say that it was a very brutal fight with Cap slamming guys into elevator glass with his bare hands and literally kicking the **** out of guys when they try and pin him to a wall with a magnet cuff. The atmosphere was also great and I can already see the Russo's will be masterful at interweaving comedy into it without impeding on the serious tone. Rumlow says "it's nothing personal" as he proceeds to hit Cap with some electric knife and after Cap slams him into the top of the elevator he says "it sure does feel personal" as he flips up his shield. That killed the audience.

Anyway, while the elevator scene isn't a good way to judge his movements, we did see some very brief glimpses of scenes that show how they've changed how Cap moves. I think one of them was at that ship carrier and we see Cap jump over a stairwell and start cutting guys down and they showed a scene of him flipping while fighting someone. You can clearly tell just from those two really brief scenes that they've made him much more agile, nimble, and fluent in his movement,.

This all sounds good to me.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #289
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

It has been confirmed that they have really improved cap's general awesomeness this time around.

but yeah, i agree, details on the elevator scene! :P

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #290
Marvin
Side-Kick

Evans said something about after playing the Sega Cap game(with it's awesome intro) it was one of the first things he mentioned to the producers.

Here's hoping they actually did it.
The action in the previous films was an apologists dream.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #291
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah, I really want Bourne type mano y mano stuff with a little really flashy acrobatic styles combat. The previous outings with Cap were ok, but way too much obvious looking wire-fu.
I agree, wire-fu is a good way to put it.

Quote:

Thanks, Dent. Sounds great.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #292
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
but yeah, i agree, details on the elevator scene! :P
We see a shot of the Triskelion and an elevator going up it. We go inside and see Cap getting in it. Rumlow gets in acting normally and greets Cap. More and more people start getting in and Cap notices a guy hovering over his gun holster and a guy sweating. Jack Rollins gets in and at that point you get the "does anyone wanna get out" line and you have the fight scene started. After Rollins misses the stab they try and cuff Cap to the wall with a magnet hand cuff or something. Cap fights it off and starts slamming guys all over the place. They eventually manage to cuff him and Cap starts kicking people until he gets his hand free. Rumlow is the last guy standing, says "it's nothing personal", and pulls out two electric knives and attacks Cap. Cap eventually slams him to the top of the elevator. He kicks up the shield and says "it sure feels personal" and then it transitions to the trailer where we got a bit more scenes than what was shown in the one released a couple weeks ago.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #293
Figs
Banned User

Quote:

Thanks for the description! Sounds pretty damn cool!

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #294
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
We see a shot of the Triskelion and an elevator going up it. We go inside and see Cap getting in it. Rumlow gets in acting normally and greets Cap. More and more people start getting in and Cap notices a guy hovering over his gun holster and a guy sweating. Jack Rollins gets in and at that point you get the "does anyone wanna get out" line and you have the fight scene started. After Rollins misses the stab they try and cuff Cap to the wall with a magnet hand cuff or something. Cap fights it off and starts slamming guys all over the place. They eventually manage to cuff him and Cap starts kicking people until he gets his hand free. Rumlow is the last guy standing, says "it's nothing personal", and pulls out two electric knives and attacks Cap. Cap eventually slams him to the top of the elevator. He kicks up the shield and says "it sure feels personal" and then it transitions to the trailer where we got a bit more scenes than what was shown in the one released a couple weeks ago.

This keeps gettin' better an' better.

I have always felt Cap was THE badass of Marvel heroes, while also being one of the most upright and thoughtful ones as well. Those things can coexist in the same person. Put Cap up against your Cable's, Deadpools and Logan's of the MU and I'd put my money on the Sentinel of Liberty to take it 9 falls out of 10 for each of them.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #295
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:

Thanks for the description. Since I brought the tickets to see Thor in 2D tomorrow, I can't see this footage, but it seems like it's really awesome. The more I read about the unnecessary comedy and that Intern guy in TDW, the more pessimistic I felt about the movie I'm going to see tomorrow, and I hope TWS will not fall into the same mistake that Thor 2 has made.

Btw, I usually get tired watching the same trailer over and over, but this teaser trailer seems to get better every time. I hope the movie will be equally as good, and I have a feeling that it will be one of the very best movies Marvel has ever produced.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #296
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I saw the whole scene PowerCosmic. The answer is yes. Cap takes on and beats up a whole elevator full of mooks by himself in a very enclosed space.

Cap gets in first. Then Brock Rumlow comes in and asks Cap if he needs any help. A bunch of mooks come in and start crowding the elevator. Cap smells a rat and realizes something is off. They all go after Cap and have tazers and try to shackle him. Cap systematically fights them all off and eats a lot of the tazer blows. Eventually it is just him and Rumlow. Rumlow says, "It's nothing personal." Cap says, "It sure feels personal" and he finishes Rumlow off and knocks him out. Then he flips up the shield with his foot. It's an impressive scene and hows strong and formidable Cap is.

This is the Super Soldier we never saw in two other movies previously.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #297
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I saw the whole scene PowerCosmic. The answer is yes. Cap takes on and beats up a whole elevator full of mooks by himself in a very enclosed space.

Cap gets in first. Then Brock Rumlow comes in and asks Cap if he needs any help. A bunch of mooks come in and start crowding the elevator. Cap smells a rat and realizes something is off. They all go after Cap and have tazers and try to shackle him. Cap systematically fights them all off and eats a lot of the tazer blows. Eventually it is just him and Rumlow. Rumlow says, "It's nothing personal." Cap says, "It sure feels personal" and he finishes Rumlow off and knocks him out. Then he flips up the shield with his foot. It's an impressive scene and hows strong and formidable Cap is.

This is the Super Soldier we never saw in two other movies previously.

Wow, now that's what I wanted to hear!

Thanks for your input, Vile.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #298
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Yep, everything that Dent and the others are saying, but everyone seems to be forgetting the quick shot of Cap charging at winter Soldier, and doing a massive side flip and landing a side kick right on Winter Soldiers face.... and it's a real, no effects move, no wire work for that shot. The stunt guy is just that good.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #299
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
Yep, everything that Dent and the others are saying, but everyone seems to be forgetting the quick shot of Cap charging at winter Soldier, and doing a massive side flip and landing a side kick right on Winter Soldiers face.... and it's a real, no effects move, no wire work for that shot. The stunt guy is just that good.
I was about to mention that!
I let out an audible "NICE!" upon seeing that.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #300
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I hope someone out there tapes and youtubes this thing.

- Ryōkan