The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 11-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #51
Mgneto
Side-Kick

Default Re: X2: X-Men United - 10 YEARS!

Still my favorite X-Men film. McKellen is at his absolute best in this one, especially in the "god among insects" scene where he recruits Pyro- this is remarkably powerful, to this day.

Famke is great too, a perfect balance of characters- only qualm is I'd like Cyclops to play a larger role, especially knowing that he had so little time left.

Mgneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #52
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgneto View Post
Still my favorite X-Men film. McKellen is at his absolute best in this one, especially in the "god among insects" scene where he recruits Pyro- this is remarkably powerful, to this day.
I loved that scene until he gives that look at Mystique like saying "he bought it, lol." I think the whole scene would have been better if he was 100% honest. Why wouldn't he, anyways?

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #53
RikePirado
Pain in the ass.

X2 - 4th best Marvel comic book movie according to WhatCulture:
Quote:
After the first movie had established the universe and resulted in both critical and commercial success, Bryan Singer was now able to make the X-Men movie he had always wanted to. Armed with a bigger budget and several new characters, the sequel increases the personal stakes while also spectacularly upping the ante when it came to the action sequences.

Opening with Nightcrawler’s thrilling assault on the White House, the mixture of practical and CGI effects instantly establish that the scope of the movie has been expanded greatly. From there, the scale of the action keeps increasing; the attack on Charles Xavier’s mansion sees Wolverine go on the rampage in impressive style, before the extended third-act at Alkali Lake mixes close-quarters combat with superpowered destruction. It’s not all just mindless set-pieces, and much like the first movie the narrative carries undertones of love, loss, tragedy, and of course prejudice in Iceman’s famous ‘coming out’ scene. As emotional as it is action-packed, X-Men 2 is unquestionably one of the best comic book sequels ever made.

The popularity of the first installment and the rise of the superhero genre saw X-Men 2 open to $85.6m at the domestic box office, and the sequel would significantly out-gross its predecessor on its way to a worldwide total of $407.7m. The quality of the movie, as well as the closing shot, ensured that the inevitable third chapter had a lot to live up to. Unfortunately, it couldn’t deliver.
Ranking All 31 Marvel Comic Book Movies - From Worst To Best