View Poll Results: Which film is better
Thor (2011) 87 38.84%
Thor: The Dark World (2013) 116 51.79%
Tie 21 9.38%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #76
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Still between both movies the best 5 seconds is when Thor regains Mjolnir in the first movie and stands in the classic Thor pose with hammer above head, great music in that scene too.
, Thats why I still prefer the 1st movie personally, it has powerful and emotional moments the sequel just cannot match.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #77
arek

Thor 1 was my favorite. For all the reasons stated above

arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #78
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

....where? That was your first post lol

Welcome aboard by the way!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #79
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Its a shame for me personally that Marvel has yet to make a sequel that bettered the original, when you consider between 2000-2008 all comic book sequels improved on their originals to most people, Blade II, X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, FF2, Hellboy II and TDK all improved on their 1st movies and yet Marvel cant achieve that with their own characters.

I just dont think they are aiming high enough with their sequels, and this is why they cant improve on the originals, IMO anyway. Iron Man 2, 3, and now Thor 2 couldnt improve on the critics score of their predecessors either.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 11-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #80
insideguy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Its a shame for me personally that Marvel has yet to make a sequel that bettered the original, when you consider between 2000-2008 all comic book sequels improved on their originals to most people, Blade II, X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, FF2, Hellboy II and TDK all improved on their 1st movies and yet Marvel cant achieve that with their own characters.

I just dont think they are aiming high enough with their sequels, and this is why they cant improve on the originals, IMO anyway. Iron Man 2, 3, and now Thor 2 couldnt improve on the critics score of their predecessors either.
I have to believe that the sequel to cap will be better because the first one wasnt any good and the previews look pretty damn good.

insideguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #81
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideguy View Post
I have to believe that the sequel to cap will be better because the first one wasnt any good and the previews look pretty damn good.
Hopefully, I mean the 1st Cap has grown on me a lot over the last couple of years so I actually think its a good movie now. And the sequel does look great, but so did Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 based on their trailers, and they both okay, but nothing amazing.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #82
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

The First Avenger is my favorite Marvel Studios film so far. The more I watch it, the more I love it.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #83
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmmm I'm not a big fan of the First Avengers and its not really a hard movie to top but I'm not expecting The Winter Soldier to better simply because Marvel Studios failed with Iron Man 2/Thor 2 topping its predecessors.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #84
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Very debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideguy View Post
Also very debatable.

TheJediBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #85
Drizzle
Assemble Again

In terms of story? Probably the first film. But I found TDW to be more entertaining.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #86
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:

QFT.

I doubt Caps 2 will be better than the first in my opinion. I love WW2 caps and thats been done very well. I don't like the new suit etc. So I have low expectations.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #87
Drizzle
Assemble Again

Quote:
Technically The Avengers is a sequel, and that was better received and many consider it to be better than the Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk solo films.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #88
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:

This is the silliest thing I've ever read.
half of the movies you listed suck. Blade 2? Above average. Spider-man 2? most overrated CBM of all time. ff2, hellboy2? hhahahahahahahah awful.

Thor 2 was awesome and was alot better in terms of cinematography then Iron Man 2 and 3. It's not even close. Better plot, better vilians, less plot holes, great character development.

Thor 2 best CBM this year, which really isn't saying much.

all time? I have it listed here:

1) TDK
2) X-Men First Class
3) Avengers
4) Thor Dark World

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #89
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Thor. It is missing the visual polish, but its story is holds true.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #90
jacobed
Banned User

Thor 2 was better in just about every department except story and characters also Thor 1 was less cheesy and didn't force comedy in moments it didn't belong. So definitely Thor 1

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #91
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Thor 2 was better in just about every department except story and characters also Thor 1 was less cheesy and didn't force comedy in moments it didn't belong. So definitely Thor 1
So basically, the important bits.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #92
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The First Avenger is my favorite Marvel Studios film so far. The more I watch it, the more I love it.
I didnt like it for a long time, I watched it about 5 times and could never get into it at all, then I saw Avengers, and watched Cap again, and loved it, and have loved it more since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmmm I'm not a big fan of the First Avengers and its not really a hard movie to top but I'm not expecting The Winter Soldier to better simply because Marvel Studios failed with Iron Man 2/Thor 2 topping its predecessors.
Yeah, MS seem to have trouble making sequels that bettered the 1st movies, which is a shame, I personally think its because they arent aiming high enough with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
Very debatable.
I was talking about the critical receptions they got and my own personal views, hence why I started with "I personally." I realise not everyone will share my views of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Technically The Avengers is a sequel, and that was better received and many consider it to be better than the Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk solo films.
Yeah TA is technically a sequel, as it furthered the stories of each character, but at the same time it didnt really develop them and their worlds on an individual lever, so I was just talking about the direct sequels from Marvel so far.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #93
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Same here. I can watch that film and never tire of it. The same with IM1. With Thor, I like the characters in the film but I kind of have to be in the right mood since the movie drags in places, even though it's story/plot is pretty solid and airtight.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #94
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Thor 2 by just a bit. The characters were still very strong and the stakes were higher and it had a bigger scope.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #95
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I like the first movie better. It had superior world building, more narrative, more tension, and fewer dumb jokes.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #96
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

The Dark World... by A WIDE MARGIN!! This really was the Thor movie I've been waiting for!

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #97
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
No its not.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #98
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Gonna have to go with T:TDW after finally watching the film earlier, it improved just about everything except the story. Better action, character interactions, performances, cinematography, and scope.

Ormg Kurse is one of the biggest badasses in cbm history!

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #99
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

There are somethings in Thor 1 that are better than Thor 2 but overall Thor 2 is a better movie.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #100
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

The Dark World. Thor was seriously lacking in action (let alone interesting, creative action) and this one topped it. The first 30 minutes of Thor was awesome. And this one felt a lot like that. I hope the next one can top this one!