The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #751
the last son
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

I would have appreciated it. Just to be different and really set yourself apart form other superhero movies.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #752
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Those hands are too small..

*\S/T*
Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #753
Heat Vision
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
yeah it seems like it would be a good idea but i doubt people be happy with going to see a Superman movie and not seeing 'Superman' until the end.
Yeah, I can't see it working.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #754
ArmsHeldOut
The Voice of Reason

Man of Steel: The Animated Series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMMywZyrwQ

Old 11-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #755
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

^ can't wait for episode 2!

Romans 8:38-39
Old 11-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #756
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Man Arms.....I was so excited, I thought it was a real, serious series.........but it was funny though lol

Old 11-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #757
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I thought the same

Romans 8:38-39
Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #758
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Man of Steel: The Animated Series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMMywZyrwQ
lol. it's fun. but sad too that the neck snapping scene is the most impact-ful and memorable scene.

thought we would get a real animated tv series. damn.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 11-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #759
GremlinZilla89
Side-Kick

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/...read/221835435

This is one of the best reviews I've read of this film. I agree with damn near all of it.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #760
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Looking at the reviews and what people have to say about this movie I am wondering if this movie is as divided among fans as SR and SV?

Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #761
GremlinZilla89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
Looking at the reviews and what people have to say about this movie I am wondering if this movie is as divided among fans as SR and SV?
Not even close. The dislike for Superman Returns is very much in the mostly negative. There are fans who like it (I don't totally hate it myself) but they are in the minority.

Man of Steel is controversial, but not as much as SR. I liken it TDKR-mostly well received but a strong contingent of detractors.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #762
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Well the critics panned it. So it can't be called well-received in any way or form.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #763
GremlinZilla89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Well the critics panned it. So it can't be called well-received in any way or form.
Uh, yes it can. In the form that a majority of audiences and fans liked it.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #764
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

I don't even see that. I would say it has a muted reception.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #765
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Reviews were mixed at worst.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #766
GremlinZilla89
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't even see that. I would say it has a muted reception.
A- cinema score. Favorable reviews on this very site.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #767
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

The GA likes it, they don't love it. Critics were mixed.

Overall, it was positive to mixed reception.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #768
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Where is this live Panel for MoS gonna be?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #769
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Where is this live Panel for MoS gonna be?
In the official MOS FB page

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #770
lc23
Fan of Steel

What? I thought it was airing on the Yahoo!movies site.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #771
roach
I am the night

Its at Yahoo movies

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #772
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/...read/221835435

This is one of the best reviews I've read of this film. I agree with damn near all of it.
great review. but the best supporting roles are Kent's 2 mothers!

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #773
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
I rewatched MOS again.

I was still on the edge of my seat and enjoyed it a lot, but I keep finding it difficult to remember stuff or take it all in, because I can't find much time to breathe in between certain parts and it feels very montagey and with the music blaring all the time.

It feels like I'm eating a filling meal, then after 30 mins, I'm eating another large meal and my stomach can't take it. It's a tasty meal but my stomach feels overwhelmed and it kinda hurts.
It definitely is a lot to take in. And then once the Battle of Smallville starts it doesn't let up.

Something clearer to see for me on Blu-Ray were the bodies in the background being sucked up by the gravity beam from the Black Zero over Metropolis.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #774
Binker
Side-Kick

Here's my two cents, even though none of you asked.

A film's performance is either well received or not, depending on all sides of reception. A movie can be hated critically and make money (best example happens to be The Empire Strikes Back), while it can also be critically praised and make nothing at the box office (Dredd is one example). But there's more to it: age groups (Bay did say Transformers are for 14 year olds), gender groups (young women: why Twilight is popular), and even if there is a fanbase that supports or not that particular film, of a franchise or not.

For me, Man of Steel was well received. It was critically mixed, finically successful, general audiences liked it, in fact it made more money than the other reboots (Amazing Spider-Man, Batman Begins, and Incredible Hulk) and Man of Steel made Superman popular, even compared to those reboots (going from various official and unofficial votes). All is left is Blu-ray and DVD sales.

So yeah.

P.S. Also remember: from the intake from Man of Steel's sponsors, and it's first week at the box office, by then the film had already made more or was equal to the overall worldwide box office to Superman Returns.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #775
charl_huntress
The Offender

So I just watched MOS for the first time. The postman was kind enough to drop it in my mailbox today. I stayed completely spoiler free and went into this movie cold with no expectations. Well that is wrong...I think I expected to be disappointed, but wow this was a really good movie. I have no complaints, though I'm sure I'll find some after a few more viewings.

Couple of things I noticed...Cavill's wonderful pectorals muscles....yowza!!!

Closed Thread