The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #76
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Upon watching Thor: TDW

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Aether appears to alter reality (it was going to bring about Malekith's darkness over all worlds, so I think that makes it the Reality Stone. The Tesseract was a portal throughout the cosmos, so that appears to be the Space Stone. Now, Thanos GAVE Loki that spear. He didn't forge it from the Tesseract. That would tell me Thanos has one of the stone himself (the Mind Stone) which he helped harness to give Loki that spear.

Someone said something about Red Skull obtaining a stone. That could come into play in C:TW if one of my Cap 2 theories is true in regard to Redford potentially being the Red Skull in disguise, ala Dell Rusk, happens. He very well could have a stone himself. If GotG introduces another Infinity Stone, then we definitely have 3, possibly 4, accounted for prior to AoU! I am thinking we're getting Thanos Quest basically!!!! All roads end with Thanos acquiring all the stones and becoming a god
Yeah you could say pretty much, in a sense, a lot of the movies have been Thanos Quest. Avengers was Thanos Quest. And GOTG was definitely going to be Thanos Quest.

I also don't think we can really match the Infinity Stones to the Infinity Gems. it's obviously not as clear cut as that. The fact the Aether is a fluid substance rather than an actual stone just shows how different these things are from the Infinity Gems. It's the same basic concept but it's different.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #77
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvanar View Post
My thoughts posted on the Thor: TDW discussion.

I'm thinking in the context of the next Thor film with my hypothesis:

Loki actually died.
He went to Helheim and made a deal with Hela to swap places with Odin.
Odin went into early Odin sleep given the battle at Asgard and the loss of his wife Frigga and Loki..
Loki used this moment to give Hela access to Asgard and take Odin.
Loki assumed Odin's identity and took the throne.
Loki fooled Thor and Thor left Asgard thinking all is now well.
Loki's actions on Asgard open the door for Ragnarok.
These actions set the stage for Thor: Ragnarok which will be quelled by Thor and co.
However the events of this story will allow Thanos to steal the Gauntlet and the Tessaract locked in Asgard's vault.
Thanos will align these with the other stones he has obtained e.g. Aether to complete the Infinity Gauntlet.
The conclusion of this story will be Avengers: Infinity -- which could be one massive war.
It will also conclude Marvel Phase 3 and reset all characters/ or set stage for new heroes and actors.

Note 1: Captain America was unable to assist Thor because the events of Malekith's plan and the attacks by Winter Soldier on SHIELD are likely simultaneously occurring.
Note 2: The Infinity Gauntlet parts are: Gauntlet itself, Tessaract (Space), Aether (Power), Loki's Staff (Mind), Guardians of the Galaxy? (Time), Dr. Strange? (Soul), ?? (Reality).
You should spoiler tag this.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #78
Lord
All Mighty

Captain America wasn't able to assist Thor because they were going from dimension to dimension, and when he spent some time on earth it didn't take place for too long, Cap wouldn't have time to reach there, if anything Captain America: Winter Soldier will explain why SHIELD didn't assist Tony in Iron Man 3

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #79
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
I think the general consensus is the Tesseract is the Space stone. The Aethyr is the Power Stone. And that the Eye of Agomotto will be the Reality stone.

I believe I remember Feige saying CATWS will contribute to all this as well. Wouldn't it make sense if Bucky was being controlled by the Mind Stone? Just my $.02.
I think that'd be too much of a stretch. Bucky is a victim of far more terrestrial (and maybe even real-world) mind control methods, Manchurian Candidate-style. And putting the Mind Stone on Earth some time during WWII and/or The Cold War would make this planet needlessly overcrowded with Infinity Stones....first HYDRA, then SHIELD already have one (the Tesseract) in their possession, now you're going to put another one into human hands? Don't think so.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #80
Crassus

Quote:
I think the general consensus is the Tesseract is the Space stone. The Aethyr is the Power Stone. And that the Eye of Agomotto will be the Reality stone.

I believe I remember Feige saying CATWS will contribute to all this as well. Wouldn't it make sense if Bucky was being controlled by the Mind Stone? Just my $.02.
I think it's far more likely that the Eye of Agomotto, or whatever Dr. Strange artefact ends up being an infinity stone, is the soul stone rather than the reality stone. All of the infinity stones can comfortably exist in a science fiction setting except for the soul stone, which is where they would probably need to bring magic into it. Plus the Soul Stone is the one Dr. Strange actually possessed in the comics.

Crassus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #81
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
I think it's far more likely that the Eye of Agomotto, or whatever Dr. Strange artefact ends up being an infinity stone, is the soul stone rather than the reality stone. All of the infinity stones can comfortably exist in a science fiction setting except for the soul stone, which is where they would probably need to bring magic into it. Plus the Soul Stone is the one Dr. Strange actually possessed in the comics.
Yeah but you might be forgetting about Adam Warlock. Adam and the soul stone are like peanut butter and jelly.

Just look at them together. ^
They make such a great couple.

So my new thoughts after seeing TDW:
If the stones have specific forces the Tesseract is Space, Aether is Reality. The movie makes several mentions to "reality being altered" and nothing led me to believe the stone was related to "Power" except for it being red. But the tesseract is blue and had really nothing to do with Minds.

Still no idea what the GotG stone is. Maybe the trailer will give us a clue.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #82
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I like the idea of the GotG McGuffin not being a stone (again), but some kind of map to one. It would help to make these movies feel less repetitive

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #83
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

mispost

Old 11-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #84
Crassus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Yeah but you might be forgetting about Adam Warlock. Adam and the soul stone are like peanut butter and jelly.
Nope, I just don't think an Adam Warlock movie is all that likely, and I noticed he's been left out of GotG (at least officially)

Although I can't see them doing Thanos/Infinity gauntlet without Warlock, I still think if an infinity stone shows up in Dr. Strange, the soul gem is the most likely

Crassus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #85
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yeah but what about the sequel?

Magus sounds like the perfect villain for GotG 2 in phase 3.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #86
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

After Phase 1 was centered around the Tesseract and after seeing Thor:TDW, does anyone think The Aether will continue to show up in Phase 2? The Collector is in GotG, will the Aether have something to do with A:AoU?

Old 11-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #87
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Was it officially said the Aether was the power stone? Because based off what Malekith was trying to do, it appeared more to be the reality stone. He did keep saying that he was going to rewrite the universe. That sounds more reality stone to me. In Thanos quest, the Collector had the Reality Gem in his possession, and given that this stone ends up with him, I tend to think it is the reality stone.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #88
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Captain America wasn't able to assist Thor because they were going from dimension to dimension, and when he spent some time on earth it didn't take place for too long, Cap wouldn't have time to reach there, if anything Captain America: Winter Soldier will explain why SHIELD didn't assist Tony in Iron Man 3
Didn't Scarjo say that while IM3 and TDW took place 6ish months after Avengers, C:TW took place 2 years after Avengers?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #89
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Feige confirmed that the Tesseract is the space stone like we thought.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/inte...marvels-future

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #90
chaseter
Bland User

The title of the thread is a spoiler : /

So thanks for spoiling it for me with a thread title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
This thread contains spoilers for everyone who hasn't seen T:TDW yet, but I want to have a place to discuss this topic without being spread over multiple threads in various subforums. So for those of you in the know:

Now we know that in the MCU the stones are not gems but objects of great power, that can be any shape or consitency, even objects that in the 616 universe are a completely different entity.
We already encountered two of them, the Tesseract and the Aether. Personally I find it brillant, that they dangled the first gem right before our noses throughout Phase 1. Reimagining the Cosmic Cube, which is an artefact of enormous power, as one of the stones was something that wasn't speculated by anyone here on this board or elewhere and came with a surprise and it makes me wonder about the nature of the other stones. will they be objects, we already know in some form or the other from 616 or will they be completely made up like the Aether? My money is on a good mixture and I guess every new McGuffin introduced in the next 1 1/2 Phases is suspicious from now on. Shape or size don't matter any more.
I guess GotG introduces the next stone, after all, this movie has the closest ties to Thanos and the collector and the new banner even features a strange new object prominently

And after that? I guess a Dr. Strange movie is the right place to introduce number 4, but I can't see one of them appearing in Ant-Man or A:AoU or in any of the cap movies. That leaves us with Thor 3 for Gem 5 and a possible GotG 2 or A3 with Gem 6. but this would make Phase 3 kinda repetitive with a lot of franchises depending on a powerful McGuffin that will be to overcome or gathered. Maybe they stretch it out to Phase 4 and Thanos won't be the supposed villain of A3, but saved for later?

Another thought. In 616 every stone controls a very specific force. I didn't get the impression both the Tesseract and the Aether were similar to that depiction. both were incredible powerful objects but not defined by a force as it seemed. Or were they? It was often believed that Loki was using the mind gem in TA. could that still be true? his staff was powered by the Tesseract, would that make the Tesseract the mind gem? if so, maybe we have to rethink all ARC reactor thories or is Tony Starks suit mind powered now?
If the Tesseract is the mind gem, what about the Aether?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.

Last edited by chaseter; 11-08-2013 at 11:44 PM.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #91
chaseter
Bland User

Also, that was one of the worst mid credit scenes and any scene period in all of the Marvel films. It was so out of place and really awful.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #92
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
Nope, I just don't think an Adam Warlock movie is all that likely, and I noticed he's been left out of GotG (at least officially)

Although I can't see them doing Thanos/Infinity gauntlet without Warlock, I still think if an infinity stone shows up in Dr. Strange, the soul gem is the most likely
You might want to rethink that, after TDW. Not saying that Warlock will actually show up in GOTG, but there's a very definite, very specific, and very blatant easter egg laser-pointing directly at Adam Warlock in the TDW movie.

Warlock's cocoon is on open display in The Collector's, er, collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Didn't Scarjo say that while IM3 and TDW took place 6ish months after Avengers, C:TW took place 2 years after Avengers?
Cobie said that CATWS takes place immediately after The Avengers. So who ya gonna believe?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:41 AM   #93
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Maybe there's a time jump?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:45 AM   #94
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Feige confirmed that the Tesseract is the space stone like we thought.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/inte...marvels-future
I wish they would have asked him what the Aether was. I'm going to assume it's the Reality Gem. This also confirms they're not really color coded.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #95
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yeah. I really gotta imagine its the Reality Stone.

lol okay so apparently they are specific forces but not accurately color coded. What does that leave us with?

Space Stone - The Tesseract - Blue

Reality Stone - The Aether - Red

Time Stone - ? - ?

Soul Stone - ? - ?

Mind Stone - ? - ?

Power Stone - ? - ?

Green, Violet, Orange, Yellow

I gotta assume the GotG one is considered Purple and it must have something to do with Ronan the Accuser. He totes around a hammer called "The Universal Weapon." Sounds like it could be Infinity based. That maybe the stone seen in the GotG banner is what powers his hammer. Then my guess is perhaps "power" or "time."

Old 11-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #96
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

So on another note, how long before people start griping "UGH, ANOTHER infinity Macguffin? Couldn't think of anything more creative than that Marvel?"

Old 11-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #97
Lord
All Mighty

As long as they keep them at 5 i don't mind, actually like them as it is, remind me of the Horcruxes, but if the quest for them was longer.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #98
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
As long as they keep them at 5 i don't mind, actually like them as it is, remind me of the Horcruxes, but if the quest for them was longer.
For sure. And I think JK Rowling wouldve made the quest longer if she had thought of doing so sooner. I do love that she made (probably retconned) Tom Riddle's diary as a horcrux. That was awesome.

But yeah, infinity gems. The OG horcruxes. Keep them at 5 though? There will be 6 total. Just 4 more to discover. And 4 macguffins out of like 8 movies isn't so bad at all.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #99
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
You mean 6?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

Last edited by Hyde; 11-09-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #100
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Ah, so the Tesseract is indeed the Space Stone. Good to hear some of us were right, and makes perfect sense.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote