The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 11-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #526
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
He is a good actor? Good actors can cry when it`s needed. Maybe remembered some dead puppy or something=).
That's what I'm saying. Tom seems to have a very happy life aside from the past drama of his parents' divorce. I know that in and of itself is pretty stressful but it just makes me wonder if there's anything we don't know about past or present and just why such an odd question, staged or not, would have been deemed something to ask at a premiere as well as the reaction. It just seems too odd for my taste.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 11-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #527
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

I think you're reading waaaayyyy too much into this. The interviewer made a comment that it might be his last Marvel red carpet ever and he jokingly started "crying" about it. Nothing more, nothing less.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #528
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Well, I just find that a particulary bizarre thing to come up with, moreso than a silly guy dressed as Uncle Vili interviewing Tom, Chris, et. al in character. ~_^

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #529
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

It's not bizarre. I would have done the same thing.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #530
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Edit.

Last edited by CosmicPinchy; 11-08-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #531
Bim
Side-Kick

Dont know if this article was posted before, but i loved it so had to share: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/0...om-hiddleston/

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #532
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Dont know if this article was posted before, but i loved it so had to share: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/0...om-hiddleston/
I hadn't seen it yet; thanks for posting.

With luck, I'll be seeing the film tomorrow. I hope there's some Loki scenes/dialogs that I haven't seen or read about. I tried to stay away from spoilers, but still they snuck in one after another . . .

Hope everyone who's seeing the film this weekend has a blast!

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #533
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I expect Tom will stay on as Loki as long as Marvel keeps giving him things to do. He's hella popular with nearly everybody and has really embraced the part just like Hugh Jackman did Wolverine. Hems will probably leave and not look back but I bet Hiddleston will remain.
I hope he does, because I feel like he has defined Loki more as a character than really anyone else has. The same script could have been handed to another actor, and Loki wouldn't have been nearly as interesting or sympathetic (in Thor). He has a great understanding of the character, and is an absolute joy to watch.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #534
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

I have to throw another Hiddleston video into the mix.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

His Loki is so amazing, and he seems like such an awesome guy all around. Seeing this one up here, I wish he'd get a role in Jurassic World.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #535
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Tom is Loki. It is ridiculous how perfect he is for the role.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #536
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions on this matter...

What do you guys think Loki's views are of Thor by the conclusion of the film? Do you guys think that Loki still carries ill will towards Thor and will likely come up with a plan to try and kill Thor later on at the opportune time?

Or do you guys think that Loki will actually leave Thor alone since Thor has neither the desire to claim the throne, and that Loki actually doesn't resent Thor as much after hearing what Thor said about him at the final scene?

I'm still surprised that Loki went so much out of his way to protect Jane considering that his only goal was to get revenge...I mean he could have very well died from that bomb before Thor saved him.

I'm also still pretty ticked that they didn't allow Loki to really wield some magic on his own during his fight with the Dark Elves.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #537
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I gotta say Hiddleston was born to play this role as Loki he does it with such an exquisite performance of manipulation and delight.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #538
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions on this matter...

What do you guys think Loki's views are of Thor by the conclusion of the film? Do you guys think that Loki still carries ill will towards Thor and will likely come up with a plan to try and kill Thor later on at the opportune time?

Or do you guys think that Loki will actually leave Thor alone since Thor has neither the desire to claim the throne, and that Loki actually doesn't resent Thor as much after hearing what Thor said about him at the final scene?

I'm still surprised that Loki went so much out of his way to protect Jane considering that his only goal was to get revenge...I mean he could have very well died from that bomb before Thor saved him.

I'm also still pretty ticked that they didn't allow Loki to really wield some magic on his own during his fight with the Dark Elves.
I think that Loki does care about Thor. However I think he also recognizes that his nature will always lead them to oppose each other.

As for Loki saving Jane. I think that was a purely instinctive thing. I don't think he really thought about it, he just reacted. I think it shows that while Loki isn't a particularly nice person, he isn't solely nasty either.

nefarious_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #539
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I actually kind of wonder why Kurse opted not to release Loki though...I mean it looked like more was going on in their intense stare down at each other in the dungeons.

I'm also willing to bet that Loki really did die but something happened in the afterlife..or with Hela I should say, that allowed him to not only come back but have the means to imprison Odin.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #540
LostSon88
Side-Kick

A girl in my audience screamed "NOOOO!!" when Loki got ran through.

Its kind of amazing how strong the Loki fanbase is. I mean, I get it but…wow.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #541
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
A girl in my audience screamed "NOOOO!!" when Loki got ran through.

Its kind of amazing how strong the Loki fanbase is. I mean, I get it but…wow.

Now they know how Coulson fans felt.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #542
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Loki and Coulson can start their own club, along with Captain America for that matter that's called the "Just can't keep us dead" association.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #543
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Good interview with Tom Hiddleston for all who are interested.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...ation/3469969/

I especially liked this quote, you have to give it to Hiddleston, he really gets inside Loki's head.

Quote:
Q. There is one scene in the new film where Loki's imprisoned where he lets down the magical façade of his prison cell. It's a symbolic breakdown following a tragedy where you see the man and not the magic.

A. I'm so proud of that scene. I had lots of ideas about it and they showed me an early draft and asked for my input. I kept saying, "We have to take Loki to rock bottom. We have to break him." And so in that moment, there's a literal and physical manifestation of his mask of control.

Loki presents an illusion of sleek elegance and control to everyone, but actually inside is this bleeding broken heart. That truth is given literal shape. He presents an illusion to Thor and Thor calls him on it, and then suddenly the illusion dissipates and dissolves away and you see the truth of Loki's soul in his body and his face.

To play a character as complex and unpredictable as that is a gift as an actor. It's so juicy because you're playing internal truths and external truths. That's the fun part of acting — it's a version of some kind of psychology in a way. You're studying how people interact, how they hide, how they present, and Loki is a brilliant case study.

nefarious_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #544
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Oh, I'm really interested in seeing that scene with Loki in the movie now.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #545
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Tom is Loki. It is ridiculous how perfect he is for the role.
So, Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark/Ironman, Chris Evans is Steve Rogers/Captain America and Tom Hiddleston is Loki. Everyone else is expendable in their roles. Except maybe SLJ as Fury. They sure got some awesome casting in these roles.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #546
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Funny. I remember when watching Avengers for the first time. It was after a grueling in theater marathon of all of the MCU movies, and when that scene happened, some guy screamed at the screen (DAMN YOU JOSS WHEDON). It was kind of funny.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #547
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Loki and Coulson can start their own club, along with Captain America for that matter that's called the "Just can't keep us dead" association.
And then after The Winter Soldier, you can add
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bucky
to that list.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #548
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
So, Robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark/Ironman, Chris Evans is Steve Rogers/Captain America and Tom Hiddleston is Loki. Everyone else is expendable in their roles. Except maybe SLJ as Fury. They sure got some awesome casting in these roles.
Switch Evans/Cap with Hemsworth/Thor and we have a deal. He really irreplaceable as their chemistry with Hiddleston is unique so they go in double package as their respected characters. I do not see Evans as Cap yet. My opinion may change after TWS thought for now even Ruffalo is more Banner that he is Cap.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #549
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Switch Evans/Cap with Hemsworth/Thor and we have a deal. He really irreplaceable as their chemistry with Hiddleston is unique so they go in double package as their respected characters. I do not see Evans as Cap yet. My opinion may change after TWS thought for now even Ruffalo is more Banner that he is Cap.
I agree. I do like Evans in the role but Hemsworth has imo done clearly more, and with a harder part to play.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #550
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I hope at the end of Thor 3 Loki ends up on Jotunheim amongst his own people. Technically, he is the rightful ruler of that planet. Somehow it just feels like a good way to end his character arc, with the possibility of coming back for more.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote