The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #776
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,825
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Everything I've seen shows that Ramirez dived and the ref took the game away from a deserving WBA...

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #777
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 44,364
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Young's dives are always worse because he's Young. I think it's time for the FA or ruling body to end his career. If you don't learn about diving after this may opportunities and also have nothing else to offer the game there's not really any point in letting the guy play.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #778
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 44,364
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Wow just seen it. That was really hard on West Brom. A load of extra time and then a penalty that never should have been given. Just completley unfair.

Also on Madrid-watch Real get another 5 goals and Ronaldo gets yet another hat trick.

That's 9 goals in 4 games!

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #779
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,838
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread


Just_Human is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #780
DrRocket
Side-Kick
 
DrRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,328
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Yeah Ronaldo is on fire.

__________________
Heads up to Wozzly for all the great Fan fics [Radioactive].
DrRocket is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #781
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
 
the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: belfast northern ireland
Posts: 20,272
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
Please tell me that's just an ******* fan and not someone official

__________________
And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #782
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 44,364
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

2 in a row! Newcastle beat Spurs away. We remain as unpredictable as ever. Up to 9th place, level on points with Utd before today's game.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #783
kit1982
Side-Kick
 
kit1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,959
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

City were poor again today, I thought at the time Mancini's sacking was harsh and the old Chilean in the dugout isn't doing anything for me to suggest otherwise. United could go ahead of City with a win....

__________________
I'm a Tony Pulis guy
kit1982 is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #784
bapi
Side-Kick
 
bapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,478
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Ugh.

__________________
Manchester City, Werder Bremen, Chicago Bulls, New Jersey Devils and Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 supporter

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
bapi is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #785
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
 
the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: belfast northern ireland
Posts: 20,272
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

can some explain how the hell jones was booked. seriously i cant understand it. the balls in the air and both players simply went for it.

did the ref really think jones intention was a flying headbutt

__________________
And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #786
Two-Face
The White Knight
 
Two-Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Solomon Wayne Court
Posts: 46,907
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I haven't seen the incident watch it on MOTD. I take a 1-0 win though.

Two-Face is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #787
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
 
the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: belfast northern ireland
Posts: 20,272
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

second half still to play

__________________
And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #788
kit1982
Side-Kick
 
kit1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,959
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I really feel for Cazorla, no matter what you've done, however bad it might be no one deserves to be subbed for Nicolas Bendtner....

__________________
I'm a Tony Pulis guy
kit1982 is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #789
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,825
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Tense game... Vidic in hospital is a concern.

Don't understand a lot of the calls by the officials today, Jones booked for a collision with the keeper where they were both ball watching and Giroud hacking Evans down within the first few minutes...

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #790
Jack O Lantern
Mad Jack
 
Jack O Lantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,375
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I really feel for Cazorla, no matter what you've done, however bad it might be no one deserves to be subbed for Nicolas Bendtner....
Especially with that haircut.

__________________
Is an authority on nothing!
Jack O Lantern is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #791
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice
 
Van Petrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,335
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

The officiating and decision making was pretty ludicrous both ways at times, tbf. Hope Vidic is alright, didn't like the United fans making the 'cheating' chant towards us when Sneezy was down with a suspected head injury.

Well now I think I can stop feeling anything for Van Persie after that celebration, lol.

As great as Giroud is as a link-up striker, he's midtable quality at best. No pace, and the amount of chances he fluffs is not good for a team with title aspirations against fierce opposition.

As far as the title race goes, we ain't winning it, that's for sure.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #792
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 132,868
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I enjoyed today's triple header, 3 tight games.

Newcastle defended well and Loic Remy is sharp in front of goal, but I've been very disappointed with Spurs attacking play this season, so lackluster.

Great performance from Sunderland to get 3 vital points. Poyet has the team organized and Brown, Ki and Bardsley were all excellent today. City had some good possession on the right in the 2nd half but didn't really create a clear cut chance.

Even game between United and Arsenal, not an awful lot created by either side. I felt we defended well with Jones and Evans both having good games, and Rooney was relentless in chasing down the ball, to the point he was lucky with not getting a yellow sooner. I thought Ozil and Ramsey were off the pace today, just not the fluid combo they've been so far this season. Pleased with the 3 points, things are really congested at the top now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Also on Madrid-watch Real get another 5 goals and Ronaldo gets yet another hat trick.

That's 9 goals in 4 games!
He's an absolute goal scoring machine, just incredible, doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
didn't like the United fans making the 'cheating' chant towards us when Sneezy was down with a suspected head injury.
In fairness that only started because Jones was booked and then Schesney got up and fans decided to put 2 and 2 together to get 5.

Quote:
As far as the title race goes, we ain't winning it, that's for sure.
I don't see why not, no team is truly looking like they will run away with it right now, I think you'll be in the mix, but you're right, you need a top striker, Giroud's a good guy to have in your 18 but his limitations were seen today.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #793
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice
 
Van Petrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,335
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
In fairness that only started because Jones was booked and then Schesney got up and fans decided to put 2 and 2 together to get 5.
I've seen that idotic chant towards us so many times over the years, many times when our players have been taken out and legit injured, so I guess as soon as I hear that chant, I see red. Fans don't seem to have any ingenuity to think up anything new or more akin to the cicumstance, just recycle an old chant to look cool.

Still even if it was towards Jones' booking, they should have seen/known that Sneezy didn't look right, given the Lloris stuff, and then when one of their own goes down in a similar fashion later in the same game they should have at least understood the circumstances. The ref made the call, so how exactly was that our fault? I guess we're the bane of everything though, so it's par for the norm.


Quote:
I don't see why not, no team is truly looking like they will run away with it right now, I think you'll be in the mix, but you're right, you need a top striker, Giroud's a good guy to have in your 18 but his limitations were seen today.
We won't win it, won't even be close, imo.

On a sidenote, as soon as they announced the BFG was out, I knew we were done for, and I was right.

Van Petrol is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #794
B
[insert witty comment]
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,665
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Good games today ending with United vs Arsenal. Good tight game, not a lot of clear cut chances, but I felt we were good for the win. In fact I didn't think Arsenal really woke up until the final 10 minutes or so of the game.

We had a good organised defensive plan which was mentioned by Neville. Evra & Smalling were left to deal with any overlapping fullbacks & Valencia/Kagawa tucked infield a little to prevent the likes of Cazorla, Ozil & Ramsey from cutting inside when they were out wide with possession. That pretty much nullified all of Arsenal's attacks as they couldn't get any space to feed Giroud who had next to no success today against Evans/Vidic/Jones.

Jones looked like he could have an important role in big games like that in midfield. Somewhat similar to how he was deployed against Ronaldo/Madrid. The clash of heads he had with Szczesny was crazy bad, in fact I actually thought it looked worse than Vidic's clash with Giroud/De Gea. Booking Jones was foolishness on the referees part & I hope it's not the sort of stance all referees will take against similar challenges.. otherwise we might as well just make football even more of a non-contact sport than it already is.

Hopefully some of United's critics both fans & non-fans will no realise just how difficult a start we had to the season & how pretty it currently sits for us. We've played arguably all of the teams that you would consider serious title contenders in the first half of the season. We find ourselves ahead of City, a point behind Chelsea, 3 behind Liverpool & 5 behind Arsenal.. all of which still have games against each other. In our next 6 games, I would like to see us claim 12 points or more to set us up for the 2nd half of the season & title run in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
A clear dive by Ramires. I rated him above that sort of stuff & my opinion of him has dropped drastically because of that blatant dive.

B is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #795
kit1982
Side-Kick
 
kit1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,959
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post

Still even if it was towards Jones' booking, they should have seen/known that Sneezy didn't look right, given the Lloris stuff, and then when one of their own goes down in a similar fashion later in the same game they should have at least understood the circumstances. The ref made the call, so how exactly was that our fault? I guess we're the bane of everything though, so it's par for the norm.
I wouldn't take it personally I was at the FA Cup semi in '07 between Blackburn and Chelsea, Petr Cech went down with a head injury and got booed..... this was probably less than 6 months after the Stephen Hunt incident! Sadly a lot of Football fans are thick as pig****!

__________________
I'm a Tony Pulis guy
kit1982 is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #796
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 132,868
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
I've seen that idotic chant towards us so many times over the years, many times when our players have been taken out and legit injured, so I guess as soon as I hear that chant, I see red. Fans don't seem to have any ingenuity to think up anything new or more akin to the cicumstance, just recycle an old chant to look cool.

Still even if it was towards Jones' booking, they should have seen/known that Sneezy didn't look right, given the Lloris stuff, and then when one of their own goes down in a similar fashion later in the same game they should have at least understood the circumstances. The ref made the call, so how exactly was that our fault? I guess we're the bane of everything though, so it's par for the norm.
Schezney got up directly after Jones was booked so some took that as "Job done" on his part so to speak. The replay shows how nasty the hit was so they were obviously wrong, but as Kit says football fans are not the brightest bunch, it would have been the same at any ground with any team, all opposing teams are always wrong and the ref is always to blame no matter where you go.

Quote:
We won't win it, won't even be close, imo.

On a sidenote, as soon as they announced the BFG was out, I knew we were done for, and I was right.
Who do you fancy? You have the best away record in the league and still have players to come back. We look shaky, Chelsea are short up top, City are terrible away from home and Spurs look utterly flat. I guess that leaves Liverpool favourites?

Yeah he's definitely a miss but did you feel Vermaelen was poor? I really didn't think we opened you up without Mertesacker.

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #797
kit1982
Side-Kick
 
kit1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,959
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I'm shocked by how many Gooners I've heard writing themselves off after that defeat, apart from Liverpool no one else look capable of going 2 or 3 games unbeaten. I know Van isn't a fan, but I think Walcott coming back will be a massive boost. His pace just gives the opposition something else to think about.

__________________
I'm a Tony Pulis guy
kit1982 is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #798
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice
 
Van Petrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,335
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I wouldn't take it personally I was at the FA Cup semi in '07 between Blackburn and Chelsea, Petr Cech went down with a head injury and got booed..... this was probably less than 6 months after the Stephen Hunt incident! Sadly a lot of Football fans are thick as pig****!
Yeah, it is annoying though, as that's all we ever get. A couple of seasons ago we were top came top of the fifa fair play league, though no one ever highlighted it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Schezney got up directly after Jones was booked so some took that as "Job done" on his part so to speak. The replay shows how nasty the hit was so they were obviously wrong, but as Kit says football fans are not the brightest bunch, it would have been the same at any ground with any team, all opposing teams are always wrong and the ref is always to blame no matter where you go.
Yeah, I agree amigo. I just hate that chant, as most of the time when it's used it's completely irrelevant to the situation, and most try to paint us as the dirtiest players in the game (no pun intended) when they are no better and more often than not, worse.


Quote:
Who do you fancy? You have the best away record in the league and still have players to come back. We look shaky, Chelsea are short up top, City are terrible away from home and Spurs look utterly flat. I guess that leaves Liverpool favourites?
My gut is saying Chelsea, though I think both Liverpool and United are in with a good shout. I just don't think we've got the mettle or the bottle to see it through to the end.


Quote:
Yeah he's definitely a miss but did you feel Vermaelen was poor? I really didn't think we opened you up without Mertesacker.
The problem with Vermaelen is he's to similar to Koscielny and is also prone to making mistakes. The BFG is such an underrated defender. What he lacks in pace, he makes up in his tactical awreness. He's also one of the cleanest tacklers there are around too. When Kos and the Verminator play together, they both like to push forward and attack the danger, which leaves us exposed if the danger breaks through. With Mertesacker there, he covers for one or the other, and due to his intelligence, knows where the danger will come from and/or through and is there waiting to make the interception. Although Ramsey was at fault for the goal, I just don't think that dude who used to play for us would have scored or even had as clean or clear a chance with the one he had.

It just seemed so typical that we also had a flu/bug going through the squad, which was probably a factor in why we seemed so off the pace and out of it, and it also took down the BFG.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
I'm shocked by how many Gooners I've heard writing themselves off after that defeat, apart from Liverpool no one else look capable of going 2 or 3 games unbeaten. I know Van isn't a fan, but I think Walcott coming back will be a massive boost. His pace just gives the opposition something else to think about.
Having watched them get close and then bottle it so many times over the last decade, most of us be come pretty pesimistic when the chances of us actually ending the drought are talked up. Walcott will likely prove to be useful due to his pace, but other than that, he is an extremely limited footballer, with an ego who thinks he's on a par with some of the great players around.


Last edited by Van Petrol; 11-12-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Van Petrol is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #799
kit1982
Side-Kick
 
kit1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,959
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Yeah, it is annoying though, as that's all we ever get. A couple of seasons ago we were top came top of the fifa fair play league, though no one ever highlighted it.
You're preaching to the choir mate, we're still "Dirty Leeds" despite not being particularly dirty for at least 30 years!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Having watched them get close and then bottle it so many times over the last decade, most of us be come pretty pesimistic when the chances of us actually ending the drought are talked up. Walcott will likely prove to be useful due to his pace, but other than that, he is an extremely limited footballer, with an ego who thinks he's on a par with some of the great players around.
My thinking with old ego Theo is that he can stretch the pitch abit giving more space to the *ahem* more talented fellas

Fair point on the rest of it though mate, I just remembered the very talented team a few years back who managed to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race!

__________________
I'm a Tony Pulis guy
kit1982 is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #800
Van Petrol
Hound Of Justice
 
Van Petrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16,335
Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
You're preaching to the choir mate, we're still "Dirty Leeds" despite not being particularly dirty for at least 30 years!
Yeah, I know. It's just so frustrating, lol.


Quote:
My thinking with old ego Theo is that he can stretch the pitch abit giving more space to the *ahem* more talented fellas
Without a doubt, his pace will prove useful, but that's about it. He has no footballing brain. Double up on him and he doesn't have the know how or intelligence to work around it or get himself out of trouble. Everybody creams themselves over that goal against Newcastle a couple of years back when he went through 2-3 players and scored, but he was so lucky and fortunate to get through and have the ball bounce back to him in truth, yet he probably thought he was as good as Messi after that.


Quote:
Fair point on the rest of it though mate, I just remembered the very talented team a few years back who managed to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race!
Agreed. The Carling Cup final against Birmingham was probably one of the most sickening though. It's why I don't really invest myself in these things anymore. I can't really remember the last time I really got invested and upset over a result, it's surely been a good few years.

Van Petrol is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.