The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #551
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Naruto - Part 1

Yeah, if forgot that, i don't enjoy how the characters were able to get this powerful in a single year still as 16 year olds, Part I was slightly realistic in the power levels, now Naruto and Sasuke have become gods, i'm not really talking about the fox, he already had it in him and it makes sence for him to take power from it, but when it comes to techniques he doesn't really know any new ones, he stopped learning after Rasengan, what he does now is evolve into new modes, and i'm not a fan of how he was able to master Sennin mode so easily compared to the legend that was Jiraiya.

People like Orochimaru were geniuses since youth, yet they have now been outclassed by people 3 times younger than them.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #552
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

The adults have been saying since the beginning of part one that naruto's generation has the more potential than any past generation. It makes sense for him to focus more on controlling his fox chakra and using that power than to keep ignoring it in favor of more common techniques. Naruto either gets abilities right away, like shadow clone Justu, or not get them at all, like when he started learning rasengan. But even that technique he mastered quicker than jaraiyah.

So even though he's a little slow, he's very talented. His ability to learn is mostly dependant on his teachers ability to explain things.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #553
Lord
All Mighty

The new generation having more potencial is completelly different from them becoming leap and bounds above the previous one still as 16 year olds. It was proven that kids in these villages who train ninjútsu are more powerful than most full grown adults in the Chunin exams when Shikamaru holded an entire group, but there should be a roof, Kakashi for example was very talented, and the Akatsuki were hyped to even be more powerful.

Naruto's limit and strength was quite well defined in Part I, he had a relativelly normal endurance to most other ninjas, except he also had a huge reserve of chakra thanks to the nine tails, now it has become freaking Dragon Ball Z, and even Tobi, who was shown to be one of the strongest characters fought on par with Kakashi in the war, somebody who was talented but not close to that level.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 01-19-2014, 03:53 AM   #554
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Is anyone still following the series/manga?

Personally, I feel like they've really gone overboard with it. At this point, I feel like I'm just anxiously waiting for it to end already.

I can't believe that the last several of dozens worth of issues have featured the character fighting two characters throughout the entire time, with filler flash backs placed in between.

Plus, I really hate the fact that they try to make nearly every major villain into some sympathetic character.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:02 AM   #555
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

That's kinda what I love about it. I love that Naruto has experienced so much pain and loneliness but he's come out on top, as someone hopeful and optimistic... I love how that attitude and his never give up attitude just baffles his enemies. I think the Naruto vs Nagato fight was the best example of it.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 AM   #556
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I have no problem with Naruto's attitude, but I'm not the biggest fan of turning every major villain that he face into some sympathetic villain, where they only became villains because of some tragic event that took place in their life.

Not to mention, bringing back Orichimaru alive..AGAIN, and dragging on this war just feels so pointless.

It's like the author is stalling for some time.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:49 AM   #557
Lord
All Mighty

Honestly, Nagato received one of the worst defeats, this was hyped as the Akatsuki leader, who even kills his master in cold blood, then all it takes is a kid to talk him down and that makes him sacrífice his oun life to reverse what he just did? 20 years for such a quick change of opinion? The later flashback of Obito cements Nagato as ingluentiable even more, with Yamato (was that his name?) as the one who knew Tobi had shady goals

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 01-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #558
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Honestly, Nagato received one of the worst defeats, this was hyped as the Akatsuki leader, who even kills his master in cold blood, then all it takes is a kid to talk him down and that makes him sacrífice his oun life to reverse what he just did? 20 years for such a quick change of opinion? The later flashback of Obito cements Nagato as ingluentiable even more, with Yamato (was that his name?) as the one who knew Tobi had shady goals
Indeed...

and something that I've just noticed as of late is how a lot of the BIG Villains are really being written to take the "cop out" road due to how almost all of them are suddenly being "reformed" from either having talked to Naruto or someone else with inspirational words.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #559
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah, Naruto's talk-no-jutsu is infalible

The day Orochimaru reforms will be very weird, considering how gruesome some of his acts were, as a villain he wouldn't stand a chance now, Naruto and Sasuke's powers have been inflated too much right now, unless he gets a sudden plot boost too like Kakashi did fighting Obito, or a new never revealed before power source like Sakura did.

Looking at Part I i think that it's kind of a shame to see the state where the manga is now, Kishi should have given the powers a roof, like Prime-Hokage being the top level, this way Naruto could have developed more naturally (as in, less Rasengan variations, and more new techniques that still suit his style), and Naruto wouldn't need constant power boosts, i allways expected him to eventually surpass his master, but possibly through age and experience, like some more timeskips like the one in the chunin exams, but the way he did so was kind of boring.

I guess that one of the most depressing parts is that the plot could have gone anywhere, the bits with lord Voldemort Orochimaru could get creepy, and it was interesting to see a main villain that couldn't care less about the main character but was more of a nemesis to his more talented colegue, while the Akatsuki were being hyped as a group of top tier ninja after the nine tails, but in Part II the group became so unprofessional.

From Kishi's Mario one-shot i see that as a whole he his writting has become much weaker, though it's no wonder, since having to get a new chapter every week for more than a decade must be stressing.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 01-21-2014, 04:43 AM   #560
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Agreed; plus, does anyone else find it weird on how Naruto didn't seemingly increase that much in strength and power during his three year training with Jiraiya, and yet became nearly invincible from spending a few days with the toad sages and with Killer B?

Old 01-21-2014, 05:00 AM   #561
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Just waiting for it to end.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:03 AM   #562
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

What we are seeing is fatigue and creativeness depletion from both Kishi and Kubo.

They are what Toriyama would have been had he been forced to keep going. You could already see Toriyama slipping in the Buu saga a bit.

Both Kubo and Kishi should have ended their stories a long time ago. The only person who has actually done a ridiculously good job (although I'm not fully caught up) has been Oda with One Piece.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #563
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
What we are seeing is fatigue and creativeness depletion from both Kishi and Kubo.

They are what Toriyama would have been had he been forced to keep going. You could already see Toriyama slipping in the Buu saga a bit.

Both Kubo and Kishi should have ended their stories a long time ago. The only person who has actually done a ridiculously good job (although I'm not fully caught up) has been Oda with One Piece.
Oh yeah; hell, Part 2 is definitely a lot longer as well than Part 1 was. I feel like Kishi should have placed another break somewhere in Part 2 and take in some time to breathe and map things out for an ultimate conclusion.

I feel like Kishi just keeps adding more and more stuff to the plot when he should be focused on ending it. As a result, we've been getting so much filler stuff in the anime, though I must admit, some of it isn't that bad.

But yeah, I mean what's the point in resurrecting Orochimaru, or having Sasuke sudden say that he wants to be good again, etc.

Either way, I feel like Kishi is somewhat screwed. He has to find some way to still incorporate the much anticipated rematch between Naruto and Sasuke and deal with that once and for all, along with finding a way to permanently kill off Orchimaru...and if he choose not to, then he'll have to end it in the battlefield against Madara, which would be a copout for both arcs.

I mean this whole battle with Mardara and Obito is never ending. I can't tell how many dozens of chapters he's placed in covering this one huge ass battle.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #564
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; plus, does anyone else find it weird on how Naruto didn't seemingly increase that much in strength and power during his three year training with Jiraiya, and yet became nearly invincible from spending a few days with the toad sages and with Killer B?
Yeah, he also had a huge power up in the few days of training with kakashi using doppelgangers, when he arrived he very easily beat an Akatsuki. He also didn't learn many new techniques from what i remember, i understand that Naruto's now that much of a genius, but he had shown to be resourceful before and could master certain top techniques with some time and a little help from nine tails's shakra. His powers were actually consistente i think, he was medíocre, but had passion, a beast inside him to give him shakra and he wasn't completelly dumb or clueless.

Now all he does are Rasengan variations and is just a straight shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Well, i'm actually finding Kubo's latest arc more entertaining, the soul king is also something he has been wanting to explore since almost the begining, but i guess that after Soul Society, his pacing has become quite slow and he shows way too much decompression with his story, taking some 3 chapters for something that could have only taken 1.

Quote:
Yeah, though Toriyama never knew exactly when to end, he wanted to have a story arc be the last until either him or the publisher changed their idea. Gohan was aparently going to be the new protagonist after Cell Games but that didn't happen because the fans at the time dislike the idea and character.

Quote:
Yeah, i'dd add in Togashi with Hunter X Hunter too, but he takes a lot of hiatus, so he definitelly has more time to think about the plot.

Quote:
Oh yeah; hell, Part 2 is definitely a lot longer as well than Part 1 was. I feel like Kishi should have placed another break somewhere in Part 2 and take in some time to breathe and map things out for an ultimate conclusion.
Agreed, while this is a personal preference and suggestion i think that he should have divided the plot into 3 parts, each one taking some 27 volumes, and as Orochimaru was the villain for Part I, the Akatsuki for Part II, then Sasuke would take the place in Part III when the characters would be aduls. In least i would have prefered the power levels to be somewhat consistente with the older generation, Sasuke would be above average due to being a genius and Naruto due to the nine tails and his oun determination.

As i previously said, the new generation can have more potencial than the last one, but not be leaps and bound above everybody else, expecially those who have more experience.

Quote:
But yeah, I mean what's the point in resurrecting Orochimaru, or having Sasuke sudden say that he wants to be good again, etc.
I took it that Kishi just wanted to end those plots faster, but i may be wrong, it will feel a little disapointing if Naruto and Sasuke don't have their promised final battle.

Quote:
Either way, I feel like Kishi is somewhat screwed. He has to find some way to still incorporate the much anticipated rematch between Naruto and Sasuke and deal with that once and for all, along with finding a way to permanently kill off Orchimaru...and if he choose not to, then he'll have to end it in the battlefield against Madara, which would be a copout for both arcs.
I feel like that is going to happen, if Orochimaru doesn't die in the battlefield then he has to have lied about "being good again", i don't see how he would be accepted in any village after all he did.

Quote:
I mean this whole battle with Mardara and Obito is never ending. I can't tell how many dozens of chapters he's placed in covering this one huge ass battle.
I think that they've been fighting for almost an year, this final battle has actually been longer than the other fights combined. But to tell the truth this has never really felt like a war, it's plants and zombies vs ninjas, the other Shinobi world wars seemed more personal, with nations fighting each other.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #565
Victarion
Cut

My collection of Naruto graphic novels stops where Orochimaru's resurrected a couple of Hokages. It's at the end of the Chunin Exams. I've got a lot of catching up to do, I know. How much of the current arc springs from Orochimaru's actions at the Chunin Exams?

If you want marvel babbies to stop torchering Idris Elba, copy and paste this into your signature.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #566
Lord
All Mighty

Well, the arc had consequences, as in the death of certain characters, and the ressurrection jutsu plays a central part in the final arc, besides that however, the Konoha Invasion isn't as important now, Konoha was even attacked by another villain, and that's the Konoha attack they still reference and talk about the most.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #567
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

I'm still surprised that there's still fans after a lot of BS filler.... And also BS plot points.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #568
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, it's kind of funny on how everyone's forgotten about "Yamato".lol He's still a hostage of the very machine that's creating all of the Zetsu clones, and yet no one has bothered to rescue him yet.haha

And it's kind of weird on how Jiraiya is like the only major character that hasn't been revived or brought back in some form for the big battle.

I think the only real major thing that I've liked about this war is that they were able to find a way to release the Hokage spirits from the Dead Demon Seal. Personally, I thought it was somewhat depressing to think that the previous Four Hokages were trapped inside on what is basically the anime's version of Hell.

Also, given on how the series is somewhat famous...or infamous...for plot twists regarding on how characters are perceived as...is there any character where you wish hadn't been changed or revealed to be some tragic figure? (e.g Nagato, Itachi, Obito/Tobi, etc)?

Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #569
Lord
All Mighty

In a way i'm glad about that, but in the other the Hokages being released kind of made the universe less threatening, it was a world where even good people could end up with a tragic fate.

About the plot twists, there are many i either didn't like, or wish they were handled differently, Gaara's father shouldn't have turned out to actually be a good and caring person, another major one is Itachi, i don't mind him being a tragic figure, he honestly allways seemed to have something more in him and in his story, but i don't like the fact that he has Basically become Jesus. I think that he should have remained an anti-hero, did what he had to do and spared his brother due to whatever reason, but he shouldn't have become a saint, it would have made more sence if those actions had been more about the pride of the clan, instead of making his younger brother go through hell just to turn him into a hero.

I think Tobi as the Akatsuki's leader wasn't a strong twist, the original leader already had too much hype around him, i would have prefered if he had joined them, but had his oun plans, just like most other members. Another idea is if he was more like a con-artist, lying about who he trully was, but being a ninja not related to the leaf, in the manga he Basically conned his way into starting a Shinoby war by saying he was Madara.

I have another personal preferece, but that doesn't automatically mean it would be a better idea than what was done, if Nagato had died and gave his eyes to Yamato before dying, this way, the great leader of the Akatsuki wouldn't have ended up basically being a "weak scientist in giant robot" and his hype as this genius ninja with long experience who has perfected all major elements of ninjútsu would have been maintained.

However, two things that i definitelly think should have been cut are that children of profecy crap, which goes against the "fight against fate and what is expected of you" theme from Part I, and the old legends should have remained dead, namelly Madara.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #570
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
In a way i'm glad about that, but in the other the Hokages being released kind of made the universe less threatening, it was a world where even good people could end up with a tragic fate.

About the plot twists, there are many i either didn't like, or wish they were handled differently, Gaara's father shouldn't have turned out to actually be a good and caring person, another major one is Itachi, i don't mind him being a tragic figure, he honestly allways seemed to have something more in him and in his story, but i don't like the fact that he has Basically become Jesus. I think that he should have remained an anti-hero, did what he had to do and spared his brother due to whatever reason, but he shouldn't have become a saint, it would have made more sence if those actions had been more about the pride of the clan, instead of making his younger brother go through hell just to turn him into a hero.

I think Tobi as the Akatsuki's leader wasn't a strong twist, the original leader already had too much hype around him, i would have prefered if he had joined them, but had his oun plans, just like most other members. Another idea is if he was more like a con-artist, lying about who he trully was, but being a ninja not related to the leaf, in the manga he Basically conned his way into starting a Shinoby war by saying he was Madara.

I have another personal preferece, but that doesn't automatically mean it would be a better idea than what was done, if Nagato had died and gave his eyes to Yamato before dying, this way, the great leader of the Akatsuki wouldn't have ended up basically being a "weak scientist in giant robot" and his hype as this genius ninja with long experience who has perfected all major elements of ninjútsu would have been maintained.

However, two things that i definitelly think should have been cut are that children of profecy crap, which goes against the "fight against fate and what is expected of you" theme from Part I, and the old legends should have remained dead, namelly Madara.
Pretty much.

What also sucks is that, given on how the series should have had another time skip (imho at least), we'll likely end the series with Naruto still being a teenager, or best case scenario...a flash forward into the future with him as an adult.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #571
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Also, I want to add that I feel like Kishi is really reusing way too many plot elements within the series.

I mean Obito, Nagato, and Naruto are nearly identical, especially the former two when it comes to how tragic endings turned them into big time villains before being reformed by Naruto's words.

There are way too many characters in the series that are pretty much carbon copies of each other in their personalities and background.

Also, I really hated on how Kishi can't really come up with original villains anymore and just relies on reusing past characters in order to create present day drama.

And I really don't like how they try to sweep every tragic villain's bloody history under the rug the moment they reform. Itachi was characterized as a freaking saint who was forced to kill his own clan in order to maintain peace, and yet no one brings up on how he likely killed more innocent people afterwards during his time with the akatsuki.

Plus..does every villain need to have some freaking sad story behind their motivations? And why is it always the same reason? (Lost a beloved person or was orphaned at a young age/loneliness)

Last edited by herolee10; 01-23-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #572
Lord
All Mighty

I think we should have had more 6 months training time skips like the chunin exams (it was six months wasn't it?), and i would have made it a kind of trilogy, Part I is Naruto as a kid, Part II is as a teenager, and Part III is adulthood. But that may be just personal preference, there could have still been told a good story in 2 parts.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 01-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #573
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I think we should have had more 6 months training time skips like the chunin exams (it was six months wasn't it?), and i would have made it a kind of trilogy, Part I is Naruto as a kid, Part II is as a teenager, and Part III is adulthood. But that may be just personal preference, there could have still been told a good story in 2 parts.
Agreed.

It's so weird on how Naruto is still technically a Genin. Plus, with all of the filler crap taking place in the anime, there's no way that I can buy that a year hasn't at least passed within the show. Heck, it's been almost 10 years since Shippuden first aired.

Another thing is that, after checking everything out, it seems like the real villains of the series are pretty much the Past Kages and Danzo.

If it weren't for their acts in allowing Wars to commence for their own personal gain, then they wouldn't have created most of the big time villains that came about.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #574
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Also, I want to add that I feel like Kishi is really reusing way too many plot elements within the series.

I mean Obito, Nagato, and Naruto are nearly identical, especially the former two when it comes to how tragic endings turned them into big time villains before being reformed by Naruto's words.

There are way too many characters in the series that are pretty much carbon copies of each other in their personalities and background.

Also, I really hated on how Kishi can't really come up with original villains anymore and just relies on reusing past characters in order to create present day drama.
Well, Togashi (the writer of Hunter X Hunter and Kishi's mentor from what i heard) was constantly taking hiatuses, so, Kishimoto had to rip-off from somewhere else, or in this case, his oun previous work

Quote:
And I really don't like how they try to sweep every tragic villain's bloody history under the rug the moment they reform. Itachi was characterized as a freaking saint who was forced to kill his own clan in order to maintain peace, and yet no one brings up on how he likely killed more innocent people afterwards during his time with the akatsuki.
Yeah, now everybody looks up to Itachi as the best person in the world, he even reformed Kabuto from what it seems.

Quote:
Plus..does every villain need to have some freaking sad story behind their motivations? And why is it always the same reason? (Lost a beloved person or was orphaned at a young age/loneliness)
Poot Gato was just misunderstood

You can really see the difference from those times, when Kishi made Zabusa likeable without needing some sob story for him. Orochimaru was also interesting as he was, a scary and talented child who may or may not have been impulsed by his parents death, you could make a case that maybe he was already born that way, but it's by not knowing too much the reason he's so interesting, but i'm sure Kishi will give him a flashback too

Quote:
Agreed.

It's so weird on how Naruto is still technically a Genin. Plus, with all of the filler crap taking place in the anime, there's no way that I can buy that a year hasn't at least passed within the show. Heck, it's been almost 10 years since Shippuden first aired.
Only realised that now, it sure is kind of weird thinking about it.

Quote:
Another thing is that, after checking everything out, it seems like the real villains of the series are pretty much the Past Kages and Danzo.

If it weren't for their acts in allowing Wars to commence for their own personal gain, then they wouldn't have created most of the big time villains that came about.
Well, the Kages and leaders being the reason the world is as f***d up as it is could be an interesting idea, like kids realising they are terrorists or were raised in a very militaristic environment. But right now it seems like the big villain was allways Madara, his actions lead to all the bad stuff that has happened to both Naruto and the Uchihas, not agreing with Hashirama made the world unstable since there wasn't enough guidance and his ploting to take over the world formed the Akatsuki, which in itself fuelled Orochimaru's ambitions even more.

Directly or not, it seems like all events lead into Madara

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 AM   #575
Lord
All Mighty

Every time a new chapter is out i will upload a manga volume in order, possibly, once i reach the end of the covers, Naruto will reach the end.

~*SHH SIX*~