The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #101
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Kevin Feige did touch on The Avengers sequel and X-Men: Days of Future Past have the Quicksilver speedster in common:

Quote:
“There are only a handful of characters that occupy that middle ground. Iron Man is not going to show up over there and Magneto is not going to show up over here. But there are a few gray points even after many years of negotiations…and that only happens with a character like Quicksilver, who has been a part of the X-Men, the son of Magneto in those comics, but also a primary Avenger. The characters (on the screen) are going to be very different. Other than their powers, general audiences might not even know — unless they read your article — that the two are related.
What is the "few gray points"? Wolverine?

Edit: Feige (supposedly) says there are no current plans to do 3 MCU films a year but didn't rule it out totally.

Last edited by HunBoy; 11-11-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #102
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Kevin Feige did touch on The Avengers sequel and X-Men: Days of Future Past have the Quicksilver speedster in common:

What is the "few gray points"? Wolverine?
I think gray points mean things like Skrulls, Quicksilver, etc. More minor characters. If Marvel was allowed to make their own Wolverine films, they would have shoe horned him in by now.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #103
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Honestly, I don't mind Pym not creating Ultron because it seems like the two things that have defined Pym is hitting Wasp and Creating Ultron.

Now Pym could possibly be recoginized as just being an interesting character.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #104
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Well Edgar does have a arc for Pym in his Ant-Man film which is what has kept him out of the Avengers so whatever it is I hope it is good.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #105
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Making Tony create Ultron *does* feel forced to me, because I have yet to hear a believable reason from anybody for that to happen. Everybody fixates on the fact that he's definitely *qualified* to design a killer robot; but nobody can come up with a valid reason for him to want to do so. Especially considering that (a) he's out of the weapons business now, (b) he's all about the human element being more important than the mechanical one, and (c) he despises these fascist and globalist governments who keep trying to commandeer/steal his tech for evil ends. Tony Stark would actually be the last person on earth to think that designing a killer robot is somehow a good idea.
For the same reason he had an Iron Man proxy in the beginning of Iron Man 3. So that he can do something else (in this case, Pepper), and still protect the world or whatever. Giving this proxy a human element Jarvis-style and keeping it out of SHIELD hands, makes sense, but that doesn't mean he's not motivated to create the thing.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #106
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If we see reports of Paul Bettany on the set of Age of Ultron, does that mean he's Vision?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #107
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

No... it means he came down for a visit for kicks. But we will all automatically assume that he's Vision, anyway. Those who don't want him to be vision will argue adamantly against it, at least until pictures of him in a CGI checkerboard costume show up.

It does suggest JARVIS is in the movie, but that's a bit unavoidable, really.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #108
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I do hope in Avengers 3, we get to see some diversity. I don't think we'll see it in this film outside of Nick Fury. Out of the other black characters introduced though in MCU (Rhodey, Falcon, Gabe Jones), Falcon has the best chance of being an Avenger in this film. I don't see it though.

I hope it's going to be Falcon, Rhodey, Black Panther or even Wasp in Avengers 3 that provides the Avengers with some much needed color, although Rashida Jones (if she becomes Janet) is mixed.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #109
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I do hope in Avengers 3, we get to see some diversity. I don't think we'll see it in this film outside of Nick Fury. Out of the other black characters introduced though in MCU (Rhodey, Falcon, Gabe Jones), Falcon has the best chance of being an Avenger in this film. I don't see it though.

I hope it's going to be Falcon, Rhodey, Black Panther or even Wasp in Avengers 3 that provides the Avengers with some much needed color, although Rashida Jones (if she becomes Janet) is mixed.
I was too lazy to check for this, but is Rashida Jones rumored to be Janet? I love Rashida Jones...

Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #110
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think gray points mean things like Skrulls, Quicksilver, etc. More minor characters. If Marvel was allowed to make their own Wolverine films, they would have shoe horned him in by now.
Polaris would probably also qualify.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #111
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I was too lazy to check for this, but is Rashida Jones rumored to be Janet? I love Rashida Jones...
Yes, that is the rumor.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #112
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #113
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Polaris would probably also qualify.
eh... i doubt it. she was souly an X-men character up until recently. That's sorta like saying Mr. Fantastic and Sue Richards can show up in a Avengers film because they're avengers too...

I think the "grey area" is more about what they're associated with more or if it's hard to tell...

the Skrull, Kree, SW and QS are all very arguable in that department. I don't think Polaris is very arguable. She's much much much more heavily rooted in X-men lore than anything else.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #114
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Elizabeth Olsen finally confirms that she'll be Scarlet Witch:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111278

She's looking good in this interview.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #115
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Elizabeth Olsen finally confirms that she'll be Scarlet Witch:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111278

She's looking good in this interview.
Insert the YES gif here.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #116
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Insert the YES gif here.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #117
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Her confirmation is good news!

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 11-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #118
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I don't think we will see Quicksilver all that much in DOFP. He'll have more of a role in this one.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #119
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Insert the YES gif here.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #120
Loki882
Side-Kick

She also confirmed ATJ as Quicksilver, cool. Also, I'm sure her comment about them being BF/GF in Godzilla and brother/sister in AOU is in no way going to lead a tons of Ultimates jokes.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #121
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:

Maravel does have a diversity problem with the Avengers lineup. They need heroes of color (I'd desperately want Rhodey or Falcon or for A:AOU to introduce T'Challa! If Rashida Jones is Wasp? ) and more women heroes. Scarlet Witch is great. There's a little to critique that they're not going Eastern European/Romani for Wanda. Elizabeth Olsen is a great up-and-coming actress though, so I'm glad they found a spot for her in a Marvel film.

They really did pick a great group for Guardians though. So I do think they recognize the need for racial and gender representation in their movies.

I really hope that Marvel diversifies in Phase three. It's not a just a Marvel problem though, and I understand why they cast movies the way they have. I'm just hoping it gets better.

I'm really glad to get confirmation that Olsen is SW. I can't wait to see the official announcement for the next Phase III movies are

Old 11-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #122
Ant-manic
Banned User

the Avengers officially have the hottest women (or they will if they can lure Rashida Jones to the party).

Old 11-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #123
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Let's just say if multiple Avengers are responsible for his creation, his so-called "daddy issues" aren't gone. They're there. Except it would be more of the My Three Dads ilk.

seems apt. Pym is kind of the Guttenberg of that trio.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #124
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
I think SHIELD is going to take the place of Pym as the focus of Ultron's hatred,
that's bad for SHIELD. they could barely handle the Rising Tide.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #125
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
eh... i doubt it. she was souly an X-men character up until recently. That's sorta like saying Mr. Fantastic and Sue Richards can show up in a Avengers film because they're avengers too...

I think the "grey area" is more about what they're associated with more or if it's hard to tell...

the Skrull, Kree, SW and QS are all very arguable in that department. I don't think Polaris is very arguable. She's much much much more heavily rooted in X-men lore than anything else.
Then why is Deadpool only with Fox? I consider him as much of a "street hero" as he is an X-Men character.